PDA

View Full Version : Create a PPV!

chaos75
10-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I saw another thread talking about renaming PPVs with crap names, so why don't we try to come up with new PPV ideas/concepts.

I've thought of CA (Champion's Awakening PPV) where the IC and US champs face the World and WWE champs respectively.
In the weeks leading up to the PPV there are tournaments to see who will face the current IC and US champs on the final RAW and Smackdown before the PPV.

Necroyeti
10-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Well, if WWE keep doing these PPVs based on gimmick matches, they should just go ahead and rip off Lockdown - one of TNA's (rare) good and original ideas.

Call it something ridiculous, like "A Great Deal of Steel" or "Center Stage Steel Cage"

Bodom
10-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Well, if WWE keep doing these PPVs based on gimmick matches, they should just go ahead and rip off Lockdown - one of TNA's (rare) good and original ideas.

Call it something ridiculous, like "A Great Deal of Steel" or "Center Stage Steel Cage"

True about Lockdown, some of the best TNA moments have happened at that PPV.

nrb6304
10-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Royal Rumble Survivor Series Lockdown King of the Ring

Only gimmick pay per views I tend to enjoy.

AceOfSpades
10-29-2010, 12:28 AM
I like your CA idea. I was thinking that there should be an exclusive Divas PPV! "Tomorrow's Promise"...i kno its not the best name but it would be like...the champion is the current promise. and throughtout the PPV there would be series of one-on-one matches with the Divas not knowing who there opponent will be (like the randomization from the draft) and it will give them stipulations with what they can and cannot do and use(finishers, go outside the ring, use a weapon, put through announcers table, etc.)

At the start of the PPV all of the divas would be in the ring while the Champion is in the center of the ring in a chair elevated on a platform while the other divas walk around her looking up wanting to be the next "promise." The winners who win their matches will then face the Champion in the main event in either of the three match choice...A Championship Scramble, A Ladder Match, or (the returning) Slobber Knocker...NOTE: There would be 5 winners from each one-on-one match which all 5 matches had different stipulations and requirements to win.

SilverGhost
10-29-2010, 01:05 AM
I was going to say a weapons filled Elimination Chamber match but that already happened -.-

I would say a mix of Hell in a Cell or Elimination Chamber(but no eliminations, just the chamber and pods) and King of the Mountain matches.

Kashdinero
10-29-2010, 06:01 AM
I would say bring back war games. but in a PG setting it would fail to live up to some of the earlier great double cage matches wcw put on.

How about the roulette thing they do? Could be a bit risky though.

How about an interpromotional international challenge with NJPW. Would it draw? Who cares!

TNA 'The very best'
10-29-2010, 06:41 AM
I like your CA idea. I was thinking that there should be an exclusive Divas PPV! "Tomorrow's Promise"...i kno its not the best name but it would be like...the champion is the current promise. and throughtout the PPV there would be series of one-on-one matches with the Divas not knowing who there opponent will be (like the randomization from the draft) and it will give them stipulations with what they can and cannot do and use(finishers, go outside the ring, use a weapon, put through announcers table, etc.)

At the start of the PPV all of the divas would be in the ring while the Champion is in the center of the ring in a chair elevated on a platform while the other divas walk around her looking up wanting to be the next "promise." The winners who win their matches will then face the Champion in the main event in either of the three match choice...A Championship Scramble, A Ladder Match, or (the returning) Slobber Knocker...NOTE: There would be 5 winners from each one-on-one match which all 5 matches had different stipulations and requirements to win.

Have you seen the WWE divas. this would be awful, TNA knockouts would be able to pull something like this off, but not WWE,

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 06:52 AM
I always thought events like In Your House and Saturday Night's Main Event always had quality matches.

Anyways, they had something decent(ish) going with the One Night Stand/Extreme Rules PPVs, where every match is hardcore or something of that calibre.

Also, the match themed PPVs have to go (other than Survivor Series and RR) like Hell in a Cell, Chamber etc. Why not just keep it as New Year's Revolution? why name a PPV after a match? It cheapens the product, IMO, and it feels as if they're insulting our intelligence..

cubco
10-29-2010, 07:07 AM
If I was the head booker of WWE, I would only have the following PPVs in the year:

Royal Rumble - Around the same time as it is now
It would basically be what it is now. 15 Raw guys and 15 SmackDown guys competeing for the 'Mania main event.
The other matches on the card would be the Unidisputed Championship Match, Tag Team Title Match, US and IC title match, Divas match. US, IC and Tag match wrestlers can also be in the Rumble match.

WrestleMania - Around the same time as it is now
Winner of the Rumble faces the Undisputed Champion in the main event. All the other titles will be defended. I would also have Money in the Bank Ladder Match. And some other 'big' matches

King of the King - In the middle of Mania and SummerSlam
Leading up to the PPV I would have all Raw and SmackDown superstarts compete in knock-out matches. Except for the Undisputed Champion. Then when the PPV comes around, there will be 4 Raw superstars and 4 Smackdown superstars. The first round (quarter finals) will be Raw vs SmackDown in singles matches. The second round (semi-finals) will be the winners in a submission match. The final will be the winners in a Falls Count Anywhere match, with the overall winner becoming the King.

SummerSlam - Around the same time as it is now
The King gets a title shot at SummerSlam against the Undisputed Champion. All titles are defended and then what ever 'big' rivalries are going on at the time.

Survivor Series - A little bit earlier than it is now
All the matches would be traditional Survivor Series matches, except the tag titles. The Undisputed Champion and his team will face The King of the Ring and his team. Then there will be Team Raw vs Team Smackdown, which will be captained by the IC and US champions. Then another one with a mixture of faces from both shows vs heels from both shows. The Divas would have a match. The tag team titles would be defended in a tag team elimination match. It would feature about 6 teams.

Armageddon - End of the year
All the titles would be defended against who they were feuding against and whatever other 'big' feuds were happening at the time

And that's all I would have.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I would like to see a http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8B-DKBOXHBTLawbMAw6l60SclDI4StdYG-7B9sKR-p8rTuBY&t=1&usg=__9UejKCre6QlRi722WhOyct0p-8o= ppv. They can call the ppv BEATING THE ODDS. I'm not sure about you but I have a funny feeling its not just luck when it comes up on a type of match. I could always be wrong but something smells fishy about this.:cool:

infinite wisdom
In a bet there is a fool and a thief.

Cain
10-29-2010, 07:30 AM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I would like to see a http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8B-DKBOXHBTLawbMAw6l60SclDI4StdYG-7B9sKR-p8rTuBY&t=1&usg=__9UejKCre6QlRi722WhOyct0p-8o= ppv. They can call the ppv BEATING THE ODDS[B] I'm not sure about you but I have a funny feeling its not just luck when it comes up on a type of match. I could always be wrong but something smells fishy about this.:cool:

infinite wisdom
[B]In a bet there is a fool and a thief.

Maybe they film the wheel spinning an then they work out matches for the show itself based on what the wheel had stopped on. The spiny wheel is very, VERY real. U GLAD?!

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 07:31 AM
He's never glad!

TNA 'The very best'
10-29-2010, 07:31 AM
If I was the head booker of WWE, I would only have the following PPVs in the year:

The reason WWE has so many PPV, well its in the name, PAYpv, Money money money, if you was the head booker and only had 6 a year you would be out of a job within 5 mins.

Bodom
10-29-2010, 07:37 AM
The reason WWE has so many PPV, well its in the name, PAYpv, Money money money, if you was the head booker and only had 6 a year you would be out of a job within 5 mins.

Not if you give each PPV proper buildup and make them mean something. If you give people a reason to care about you're show, then people will buy it.

2 weeks in between PPV's is not enough time to sell someone a $60 show. The average fan won't spend nearly $100 on two thrown together PPV's in a month

TNA 'The very best'
10-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Not if you give each PPV proper buildup and make them mean something. If you give people a reason to care about you're show, then people will buy it.

2 weeks in between PPV's is not enough time to sell someone a $60 show. The average fan won't spend nearly $100 on two thrown together PPV's in a month

Im not saying i agree with the amount of ppv they have a year, and i totally agree that they have too many and 2 weeks is not enough, but i still dont think they would ever cut down to 6 a year,

12 a year, with actually feuds going on from one ppv to another, instead of the majority of the card being chucked in to fill the gaps.

Bodom
10-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Im not saying i agree with the amount of ppv they have a year, and i totally agree that they have too many and 2 weeks is not enough, but i still dont think they would ever cut down to 6 a year,

12 a year, with actually feuds going on from one ppv to another, instead of the majority of the card being chucked in to fill the gaps.

No doubt that they would never go down to 6. I would never want they to bring it down to 6. I'd honestly bring it down to 10 - 11.

TNA 'The very best'
10-29-2010, 08:59 AM
No doubt that they would never go down to 6. I would never want they to bring it down to 6. I'd honestly bring it down to 10 - 11.

Would you still keep the Gimmick PPVs tho, I wouldnt,. i know im getting the Chamber in Feb and HITC at the end of the year, where has the suprise gone.

Bodom
10-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Would you still keep the Gimmick PPVs tho, I wouldnt,. i know im getting the Chamber in Feb and HITC at the end of the year, where has the suprise gone.

oh good lord no, id drop them in a heartbeat. a feud should build up to a gimmick match. not "oh hey! the next ppv is hiac! lets have a hell in a cell match!"

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 10:17 AM
a feud should build up to a gimmick match. not "oh hey! the next ppv is hiac! lets have a hell in a cell match!"

I never thought of it like that before. Come to think of it, Orton and Sheamus bairly had a feud, and suddenly they're fighting in hiac?

Bodom
10-29-2010, 10:23 AM
I never thought of it like that before. Come to think of it, Orton and Sheamus bairly had a feud, and suddenly they're fighting in hiac?

My point exactly. These gimmick PPVs have completely destroyed how special these matches were. Not just HIAC, but ladders, TLC, etc.

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 10:31 AM
I guess having more than one in a night doesn't help either :\

Bodom
10-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Opening the show with one too!

Tommy Thunder
10-29-2010, 11:19 AM

It would basically be what it is now. 15 Raw guys and 15 SmackDown guys competeing for the 'Mania main event.
The other matches on the card would be the Unidisputed Championship Match, Tag Team Title Match, US and IC title match, Divas match. US, IC and Tag match wrestlers can also be in the Rumble match.

Winner of the Rumble faces the Undisputed Champion in the main event. All the other titles will be defended. I would also have Money in the Bank Ladder Match. And some other 'big' matches

Leading up to the PPV I would have all Raw and SmackDown superstarts compete in knock-out matches. Except for the Undisputed Champion. Then when the PPV comes around, there will be 4 Raw superstars and 4 Smackdown superstars. The first round (quarter finals) will be Raw vs SmackDown in singles matches. The second round (semi-finals) will be the winners in a submission match. The final will be the winners in a Falls Count Anywhere match, with the overall winner becoming the King.

The King gets a title shot at SummerSlam against the Undisputed Champion. All titles are defended and then what ever 'big' rivalries are going on at the time.

All the matches would be traditional Survivor Series matches, except the tag titles. The Undisputed Champion and his team will face The King of the Ring and his team. Then there will be Team Raw vs Team Smackdown, which will be captained by the IC and US champions. Then another one with a mixture of faces from both shows vs heels from both shows. The Divas would have a match. The tag team titles would be defended in a tag team elimination match. It would feature about 6 teams.

All the titles would be defended against who they were feuding against and whatever other 'big' feuds were happening at the time

Love the idea of King of the Ring back as a PPV (they should have done this anyway, not have it on RAW). And I like the idea of Armageddon at the end of the year (end of the world/end of the year is a clever thing). I liked Armageddon, shame they stopped it.
There are way too many PPVs at the moment, and most of the gimmick ones are crap. They have ruined MITB by having it as a PPV. And HITC used to be a great match, now they have a PPV with all matches using that gimmick. Same goes for TLC.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
Ezekiel 25:17.

Tommy Thunder
10-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Maybe they film the wheel spinning an then they work out matches for the show itself based on what the wheel had stopped on. The spiny wheel is very, VERY real. U GLAD?!

Now THAT, is some REAL infinite wisdom!!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-29-2010, 12:27 PM

Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. The roulette wheel is legit???? This is pro rasslin fella, everything is scripted and planed, but I admire you for believing in the wonderful world of sports entertainment. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
Vince: I am the lord, the master and god, of all sports entertainment!

Necroyeti
10-29-2010, 12:53 PM
I assumed the roulette wheel was rigged somehow given how convenient most of the "random" picks are... but how do they actually accomplish it? Countless retakes until they get it right? Biased wheels? "Fucking magnets, how do they work?"

AceOfSpades
10-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Have you seen the WWE divas. this would be awful, TNA knockouts would be able to pull something like this off, but not WWE,

I think tht's where the misconception lies...The Divas are more than capable of pulling this off...REALLY! i mean maybe a ladder match was a little far fetch but if they arent afraid in taking a bump and breaking a nail then this could happen. This PPV would be the time where Divas like Beth, Natalya, Michelle, Melina, Gail Kim, Eve, Alicia Fox wouldn't be limited with the restrictions from Management and others. Have you seen the match on Superstars from like 2 weeks ago with Alicia and Melina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL3acVoMYMs

or even Layla and Kelly for tht matter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gjMwhJW1xo

It's very possible IMO

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-29-2010, 01:32 PM
I assumed the roulette wheel was rigged somehow given how convenient most of the "random" picks are... but how do they actually accomplish it? Countless retakes until they get it right? Biased wheels? "Fucking magnets, how do they work?"

Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I hate giving away the magic of what is pro rasslin but I will help you out on this one.The wheel has a motor on the back of it and it can stop on whatever they choose it to stop on via remote control. It is suppose to look real and legit, thats why they spin it but if you look closley sometimes they spin it fast and it stops way to early but it is not that noticable and rememeber they are trying to fool you so they work out the kinks before going live I can assure you.

infinite wisdom
Dont believe everything on the TV or the internets for that matter.

Kashdinero
10-29-2010, 04:03 PM
I can't believe there are some people out the who thought the wheel was legit! Lol.

DirtySteal
10-29-2010, 05:10 PM
oh good lord no, id drop them in a heartbeat. a feud should build up to a gimmick match. not "oh hey! the next ppv is hiac! lets have a hell in a cell match!"

You are so right.

HIAC used to be the match where the biggest, brutalest of fueds were settled. I marked out so bad when I was yonger, when the 6 man HIAC was announced out of the blue. I loved it.

Nowadays you can literally see a HIAC coming up, theres just no build up whatsoever, and thats what makes a PPV in my eyes, its what always has made a PPV, there needs to be a big build up to make people CARE about the fueds to buy the PPV, not just some last miniute No1 contenders match and then 2 weeks later a HIAC.

Bodom
11-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Nowadays you can literally see a HIAC coming up, theres just no build up whatsoever, and thats what makes a PPV in my eyes, its what always has made a PPV, there needs to be a big build up to make people CARE about the fueds to buy the PPV.

This is the exact definition of what a PPV is supposed to be.

Bodom
11-01-2010, 07:45 PM
You are so right.

HIAC used to be the match where the biggest, brutalest of fueds were settled. I marked out so bad when I was yonger, when the 6 man HIAC was announced out of the blue. I loved it.

Please tell me this is on purpose just to piss off Rob.

pauldwku
11-06-2010, 09:52 AM
I think that they should limit it to 8 PPVs a year with 4 major PPVs, Rumble, Mania, Summerslam, Survivor Series, and 4 minor ones, SuperBrawl, Bash at the Beach, Great American Bash, and Starrcade.

Schedule
Rumble-1st or 2nd wk of the year
SuperBrawl-2nd or 3rd wk of Febuary
Mania-2nd or 3rd wk of April
Bash at the Beach-Memorial Day Sunday
Summerslam-1st Sunday in August
Great American Bash-3rd Sunday in September
Survivor Series-1st Sunday in November
Starrcade-3rd Sunday in December