PDA

View Full Version : Vince McMahon running "Stand Up For WWE" into the ground

Rich Cranium
10-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Is it just me or are you all tired of hearing about this "Stand Up For WWE" campaign. I mean if it were a little tidbit then it would be fine, but it's like its taken over everything including the talent and storylines. Now, I could understand the reasoning when Conneticut would not allow voters to wear WWE merchandise but that has been overturned. IMO I think the campaign should have subsided by now. What do you think?

Bodom
10-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Typical Vince bullshit of him playing the victim and acting like a goddamn child.

Stand Up? no thank you, i'll sit down.

chaos75
10-28-2010, 09:40 PM
I hate listening to it but I still think what Conneticut did about the wearing of WWE merchandise was wrong

Bodom
10-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Oh yeah the whole deal was dumb to begin with. Vince has just taken it to even greater levels of stupidity

Kashdinero
10-29-2010, 06:23 AM
It's a conspiracy to get you to buy wwe merchandise! Lindas reaching her limit and needs more funds lol

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-29-2010, 06:26 AM
It's a conspiracy to get you to buy wwe merchandise! Lindas reaching her limit and needs more funds lol

Exactly. Vince will jump at any chance there possibly is to help his wife, his business, and himself. By the way I would never vote for any of these people anyways since all they do is childishly insult each other an dig stuff up that really does not belong there. Like during the presidential election thingy they brought in Paris Hilton an some other girl I can not remember. They just want power an promise a ton of things we never see after they finally do get elected. I have learned my lesson a long time ago.

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 06:48 AM
Why anyone would want to vote for Linda, I do not know. I've been watching some of her campaign material on youtube, she gives me the creeps. She reminds me of 'Hildog,' for some reason. Besides, a vote for Linda is a vote for PG TV forEVER!

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-29-2010, 06:59 AM
PG has nothing to do with it. A major factor for the change was because they wanted to reach out for more audiences, and with time also playing a role in it. Back in the 90s, 80s, and 70's we all had distinctive personalities, the movies had a different feel, our styles were different.. The music was good. Every just had really good imaginations. Now with the way the economy an people like those Women groups who bashed Linda about WWE's Eugene gimmick are changing everything for the worst. That gimmick was not to make fun of mentally impaired people. It was to prove to society that no-matter what your disadvantage in the world may be that anybody can achieve their dream. It sickens me by how mindless todays people are.

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 08:09 AM
I agree with your point, but, in that case, wouldnt escaping the Pg market be a good thing? They couldnt be bashed for their gimmicks that way.

Besides, (I've made this point before on the site) WWE targetting kids is a bad investment. Of all the kids who enjoy WWE now, 99.99% of them will "get bored" of it by the time they are 16, 17, 18. By appealing to a more mature audience you are appealing to a fanbase which already exists, rather than trying to create a new one. I grew up during the Attitude era, pretty much, and I loved it to death. I actually felt kinda grown up, back then, watching wrestling

Theyre shooting themselves in the foot by appealing to people who will have forgotten about them in ten years anyway.

Bodom
10-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Exactly. Vince will jump at any chance there possibly is to help his wife, his business, and himself. By the way I would never vote for any of these people anyways since all they do is childishly insult each other an dig stuff up that really does not belong there. Like during the presidential election thingy they brought in Paris Hilton an some other girl I can not remember. They just want power an promise a ton of things we never see after they finally do get elected. I have learned my lesson a long time ago.

Funny how a good part of Lindas campaign has been about her saying she has no connections to WWE anymore.

Rassling_Fan
10-29-2010, 01:13 PM
I agree with your point, but, in that case, wouldnt escaping the Pg market be a good thing? They couldnt be bashed for their gimmicks that way.
Didn't stop people from complaining about GTA.

Besides, (I've made this point before on the site) WWE targetting kids is a bad investment. Of all the kids who enjoy WWE now, 99.99% of them will "get bored" of it by the time they are 16, 17, 18. By appealing to a more mature audience you are appealing to a fanbase which already exists, rather than trying to create a new one. I grew up during the Attitude era, pretty much, and I loved it to death. I actually felt kinda grown up, back then, watching wrestling
There's a problem with appealing to an old fanbase then not trying to get a new, it can only last so long. Those old fanbase will eventually go away and you will have to get a new fanbase before everything goes kablooey. That's why the Attitude Era was so successful, they target a new audience that had no indea of wrestling while WCW was pleasing the fans before. What happened next? WCW tried too little too late to apease the newer audience and went away. You can't have a thriving business without new blood. That's what kept WWE around for 50 years. When the 80s ended, they moved on to the 90s. When the 90s ended, they moved on. Watch next generation when new stars come out and we see people complain that they weren't like John Cena.

cato79
10-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Me, not being a US citizen, have not much word on their politics, however, I strongly feel that Linda winning a spot on the Senate will, for sure, keep the PG rating on WWE, we cannot say that "PG has nothing to do with her campaing" of course it does, she will ALWAYS be linked to WWE and the image that the company projects will impact her public image... LETS GET REAL...!!

I think that must of us were reached as kids with the Attitude Era, what makes them think that it cannot be done now...?? World is getting violent and violent every second and WWE believes that "blood and bad words" can scare kids...

Besides, most kids watch what their parents watch, if a father is a WWE fan, most likely the kid will also be... ring any bells....???

SilverGhost
10-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Me, not being a US citizen, have not much word on their politics, however, I strongly feel that Linda winning a spot on the Senate will, for sure, keep the PG rating on WWE, we cannot say that "PG has nothing to do with her campaing" of course it does, she will ALWAYS be linked to WWE and the image that the company projects will impact her public image... LETS GET REAL...!!

I think that must of us were reached as kids with the Attitude Era, what makes them think that it cannot be done now...?? World is getting violent and violent every second and WWE believes that "blood and bad words" can scare kids...

Besides, most kids watch what their parents watch, if a father is a WWE fan, most likely the kid will also be... ring any bells....???

1st Paragraph: You may be right or may be worng. Linda and her team doesn't want WWE's help. WWE being PG is a main factor but politicians have the upper hand if they dig in WWE's violent past. So either way, you can't expect the stains of WWE on Linda's hands to be washed out completely. As long the internet is up and is filled with WWE being violent, Linda will have a tough time. But then again, PG was a business decision on WWE itself for the younger fans, not Linda.

2nd Paragraph: Its the parents fault for not monitoring what kids watch. US has a bigger problem than watching grown men bleeding and cursing. Hell, its in school that can be more violent than WWE programming. When kids leave their homes and be with their classmates, they can start cursing and stuff. Also kids being rebellious isn't new either. So "blood and bad words" won't scare kids unless you are that overprotective and let a wrestler on TV to be your kids babysitter.

3rd paragraph: Nah, my dad hates wrestling. Its all preference unless you are talking in general.

cato79
10-29-2010, 03:28 PM
1st Paragraph: You may be right or may be worng. Linda and her team doesn't want WWE's help. WWE being PG is a main factor but politicians have the upper hand if they dig in WWE's violent past. So either way, you can't expect the stains of WWE on Linda's hands to be washed out completely. As long the internet is up and is filled with WWE being violent, Linda will have a tough time. But then again, PG was a business decision on WWE itself for the younger fans, not Linda.

2nd Paragraph: Its the parents fault for not monitoring what kids watch. US has a bigger problem than watching grown men bleeding and cursing. Hell, its in school that can be more violent than WWE programming. When kids leave their homes and be with their classmates, they can start cursing and stuff. Also kids being rebellious isn't new either. So "blood and bad words" won't scare kids unless you are that overprotective and let a wrestler on TV to be your kids babysitter.

3rd paragraph: Nah, my dad hates wrestling. Its all preference unless you are talking in general.

One question on your comment of my 2nd paragraph; What makes you believe that today's parents pay more attention to what their kids watch...??? On my opinion is WAY less monitoring

And on my 3rd paragraph, I was saying that kids might (not always) like what their parents like, not the other way around... however, I agree that is a matter of preference....

SilverGhost
10-29-2010, 03:49 PM
One question on your comment of my 2nd paragraph; What makes you believe that today's parents pay more attention to what their kids watch...??? On my opinion is WAY less monitoring

And on my 3rd paragraph, I was saying that kids might (not always) like what their parents like, not the other way around... however, I agree that is a matter of preference....

Alright.....how about if you were a parent that just caught their kid watching Edge's live sex celebration. What would you do? "Oh its a wrestling show so I'll let them be"?

Also we do live in a time that there is violence on regular TV than WWE. Yet I barely see those programs change their rating.

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Alright.....how about if you were a parent that just caught their kid watching Edge's live sex celebration. What would you do? "Oh its a wrestling show so I'll let them be"?

It's hard to believe that they were actually doing it. There was a part where the sheet briefly goes up an you she Lita's boob, and half of Edge. But Lita was pretty hot anyway so I didn't care. Besides turning your kids away from stuff like that will make them wussys when they get older. They would get creeped out about boobs, and shit. Kind of like how if you make your kid too dependant they will grow up to be hobo's or goldDiggers.

SilverGhost
10-30-2010, 10:41 AM
It's hard to believe that they were actually doing it. There was a part where the sheet briefly goes up an you she Lita's boob, and half of Edge. But Lita was pretty hot anyway so I didn't care. Besides turning your kids away from stuff like that will make them wussys when they get older. They would get creeped out about boobs, and shit. Kind of like how if you make your kid too dependant they will grow up to be hobo's or goldDiggers.

My little issue is when parents actually let their kids watched what happened in the middle of that. Arena and TV wise. Maybe concerned parents complained about that.