PDA

View Full Version : The Winds of change are blowing.

TNA 'The very best'
10-28-2010, 06:29 PM
I dont know if this is news to everyone or im just extremely slow, but apparantly the phrase 'The winds of change are blowing' is out of the film Pocahontas,

I love this saying but annoyed its ripped off now from a childrens film, talk about PG rating.

Necroyeti
10-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Well, actually, it first came from a 1960 Howard MacMillan speech in South Africa about decolonisation.... six and half a dozen, I guess.

Robstar
10-28-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm at a loss to explain this thread being here. Does WWE use this saying somewhere?

SilverGhost
10-28-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm at a loss to explain this thread being here. Does WWE use this saying somewhere?

-cough-Barrett says it-cough-

TNA 'The very best'
10-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Well, actually, it first came from a 1960 Howard MacMillan speech in South Africa about decolonisation.... six and half a dozen, I guess.

I did not know this either, I am learning alot today,. Go me.

Robstar
10-28-2010, 06:54 PM
-cough-Barrett says it-cough-

To tell you the truth, it's such a common expression that I haven't noticed him saying it really. Anyone remember this classic? -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4RjJKxsamQ&ob=nb_av2e

Necroyeti
10-28-2010, 07:09 PM
I did not know this either, I am learning alot today,. Go me.
Y'see, it seemed like a random reply, but the cool thing about it is that Pocahontas was technically about anti-colonialism. But honestly, I reckon it was just a giant fluke.... because I doubt creative are actually witty enough to make subtle references like that. Whoever wrote Barrett's lines was probably listening to the Scorpions song above, and thought it sounded cool. (and rightfully so!)

el gabo
10-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Y'see, it seemed like a random reply, but the cool thing about it is that Pocahontas was technically about anti-colonialism. But honestly, I reckon it was just a giant fluke.... because I doubt creative are actually witty enough to make subtle references like that. Whoever wrote Barrett's lines was probably listening to the Scorpions song above, and thought it sounded cool. (and rightfully so!)

I think Barrett is creative enough to come up with that.

alexrules01
10-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Unless creative write them, not sure tbh, as some are just horrible. Barret first said it in a some sort of "Talk the talk" challenge on NXT