PDA

View Full Version : New Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion!!

Dr. Death
03-04-2012, 08:48 AM
This from http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2012/0303/547698/ronda-rousey/

Ronda Rousey defeated Miesha Tate via armbar submission Saturday night in Columbus, Ohio to become the new Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Champion! Rousey is a former Olympic Bronze Medal winner in Judo.

Here's the results for the rest of the card from Saturday nights Strikeforce event on Showtime:

Main Event:

Rousey defeated Tate via armbar submission @ 4:27 of Round 1

Main Card:

Josh Thomson defeated K.J. Noons via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Kazuo Misaki defeated Paul Daley via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)

Lumumba Sayers defeated Scott Smith via submission (guillotine choke) @ 1:34 of Round 1

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza defeated Bristol Marunde via submission (arm triangle) @ 2:43 of Round 3

Preliminary Card:

Ryan Couture defeated Conor Heun via TKO (strikes) @ 2:52 of Round 3.

Pat Healy defeated Caros Fodor via submission (arm triangle) @ 3:35 of Round 3.

Roger Bowling defeated Brandon Saling via TKO (strikes) @ 1:15 of Round 2.

Sarah Kaufman defeated Alexis Davis via majority decision (29-29,29-28,29-28).

Automatic
03-04-2012, 11:47 AM
That armbar was hard to watch.
Damn, I can't get it out of my head. It was so brutal.

Dr. Death
03-05-2012, 07:38 AM
That armbar was hard to watch.
Damn, I can't get it out of my head. It was so brutal.

I actually thought that Rousey broke Tate's arm the way it was bent out of shape like that.

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmLep4lhKI8uoM6p-npa6e3g9e0FWf5-dY0_kc8N8YWHrIZlEtPg

Can you say ouch? The funny thing is that Tate escaped a similar armbar earlier on in the round.

Automatic
03-05-2012, 03:06 PM
I know man, and she just continued fighting like it was nothing. The first armbar was enough to make somebody tap, it looked like her arm was already hyperextending, but the second was on another level, that was just brutality.
If Tate would've tapped for the first one, Rousey would've won again by armbar in the first round, that would be kinda funny. Damn, Tate was really planning not to tap to the armbar. She's a really tough fighter.
Rousey is a real pleasure to watch on the ground, but her stand up is weak. I hope she improves soon on that aspect.

Dr. Death
03-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Yea, most men would have tapped out with the first one. Tate is one tough cookie alright. Miesha Tate revealed she did not suffer any broken bones in her loss to Ronda Rousey and was going to have a MRI done in the event that any ligaments are torn. Rousey will likely defend her belt against the highly touted Sarah Kaufman who is 15-1 with 10 KO's. If Sarah can keep Rousey on her feet then I expect Kaufman to win. However Kaufman isn't that good on the ground so if the fight goes to the mat, then another win for Rousey.