PDA

View Full Version : The Colts/Peyton Manning saga

KJ PUNK
03-04-2012, 02:09 AM
I'm going to get this off my chest because I feel like I'm the only person who sees how this would work.

DON'T DRAFT ANDREW LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRAFT TRENT RICHARDSON INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Colts had even a decent RB this year, they would've won at least 5 games, without Peyton. So if they get a stud RB like Richardson AND get a healthy Peyton back, then they should jump straight to the Super Bowl favorites list. And if you want to get a great QB and have him learn from Peyton for a year or two, you can trade some assests (Wayne, Clark, etc) to get Matt Barkley from USC next year (he's better than Luck anyway, IMO). It just makes more sense to me for the Colts to get Richardson instead of Luck.

Broc
03-04-2012, 02:12 AM
While I do agree with this, there's no way in hell the Colts are passing on Luck, I think it's a done deal that they're getting Luck.

Trent Richardson is my favorite player in this whole draft though, he fights for every yard and is just a complete animal. But I HIGHLY doubt the Colts will realize that.

KJ PUNK
03-04-2012, 02:14 AM
While I do agree with this, there's no way in hell the Colts are passing on Luck, I think it's a done deal that they're getting Luck.

Trent Richardson is my favorite player in this whole draft though, he fights for every yard and is just a complete animal. But I HIGHLY doubt the Colts will realize that.

I would put money down that Richardson will be the best player from this draft. He'll be the guy that we look back 10 years from now and say "I can't believe 3 teams passed on him!"

SLEEPY LOCO1
03-04-2012, 02:16 AM
Manning is old and it is not known how good he will be next yeay after not playing in a pro game for over a year.

Colts need to drop Manning and pick RG3 and not Luck. But they will probaly go with Luck.

KJ PUNK
03-04-2012, 02:25 AM
I see the Redskins or the Browns trading the house to STL for the 2nd pick so they can get RG3. Then the Rams (with the pick they get from the trade) would take Blackmon. This means Richardson could fall to WAS (if they don't trade for RG3, ARI, MIA, or possibly DAL. If DAL got Richardson, they would be the favorite for NFC East.

Sully
03-04-2012, 02:26 AM
And what happens when Manning proves he's too old to be in the NFL, and has a dud season? You pass up your chance to have a stud Quarterback, and have a running back who's career can be shortened at any time, much faster. A running back who could easily be a bust in Indy.

The Colts are fine right now with Joseph Addai, and they just drafted Delone Carter.

They can keep Peyton Manning, and have Andrew Luck under his ring for the next year or so. The Colts have ALWAYS had a majority passing game, so drafting some running back that may not even have as much potential as Luck does, and changing the whole offense to fit this rookie, is not a smart move.

Trent Richardson isn't even a Senior, he's still young. Has he even decided to go into the NFL Draft yet, because it's really much better for him if he doesn't.

Broc
03-04-2012, 02:28 AM
And what happens when Manning proves he's too old to be in the NFL, and has a dud season? You pass up your chance to have a stud Quarterback, and have a running back who's career can be shortened at any time, much faster. A running back who could easily be a bust in Indy.

The Colts are fine right now with Joseph Addai, and they just drafted Delone Carter.

They can keep Peyton Manning, and have Andrew Luck under his ring for the next year or so. The Colts have ALWAYS had a majority passing game, so drafting some running back that may not even have as much potential as Luck does, and changing the whole offense to fit this rookie, is not a smart move.

Trent Richardson isn't even a Senior, he's still young. Has he even decided to go into the NFL Draft yet, because it's really much better for him if he doesn't.

With how high up he's expected to go? I don't think so.

Sully
03-04-2012, 03:22 AM
Sure now, but in the long run it could end up hurting him going into the NFL this early. I mean we've only seen the combine scouting and what he's done in college, nobody has any idea on how good he good actually be in the NFL. Look at Pryor...who? Yeah exactly.

I'm not saying he will be a bust, I'm just saying that the chances are higher then most. The Colts NEED a Quarterback, not only are they much harder to come by, especially right now in the NFL, but their running back is pretty decent already. Peyton Manning has about a year left in him, and that year won't even get them a division title. If they pass up on a Quarterback that can be groomed and mentored now, they'll be really screwed in the long run.

dres1214
03-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Vegas odds I think are at 4 to 1 he will sign with KC!
Originally Vegas odds were 40 to 1 he would sign with KC.
We shall wait and see. Personall having Peyton with KC will be great. Despite everyone saying his injuries, I mean when KC signed Montana people were saying the same thing. Montana lead KC to playoff game. The only one in like 20 years.

RomanFlare
03-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I wanna see him go to Cleveland? Why? I want Cleveland to realize

a) Colt McCoy isn't that bad.

and b) They couldn't win anyway.