PDA

View Full Version : What Should The Saints Punishment Be?

Broc
03-04-2012, 01:53 AM
So, if you haven't heard, apparently the New Orleans Saints have had a bounty among defensive players to try to injure opposing players, this bounty has been going on since 2009.

So now, what punishment do the Saints face; Fine? Suspensions? Loss of draft picks? All of these? Nothing?

Well knowing Rodger Goodell, the punishment is likely to be questionable, and unfair.

I personally think fines are about enough in this situation. in the NFL, injuries happen whether they're intentional or not. While it is dirty, it isn't the worst thing an NFL team could do.

Rest assured, this punishment BETTER not be any worse than the punishment the Patriots got for Spy Gate.

Sully
03-04-2012, 02:00 AM
If anything, they SHOULD be worse. Roger Goodell better punish them damn well, considering he's putting up such a fuss about safety. If they want to punish James Harrison for the littlest thing, they better really bring out the whip on this one. I'm not sure if any players will be suspended, but they are likely to lose a few draft picks. I can see their defensive coordinator even being released (By that I mean the Rams may re-think the idea of hiring him as a head coach) but a suspension could happen as well, along with a fine.

It really depends on how much they find on specific people. They'll lose some draft picks for sure, and their defensive coordinator will probably get in some real trouble. That's about as much as I think will happen though.

Broc
03-04-2012, 02:02 AM
If anything, they SHOULD be worse. Roger Goodell better punish them damn well, considering he's putting up such a fuss about safety. If they want to punish James Harrison for the littlest thing, they better really bring out the whip on this one. I'm not sure if any players will be suspended, but they are likely to lose a few draft picks. I can see their defensive coordinator even being released, but a suspension could happen as well (along with a fine).

It really depends on how much they find on specific people. They'll lose some draft picks for sure, and their defensive coordinator will probably get in some real trouble. That's about as much as I think will happen though.

I actually hadn't thought about it like that.

I guess that is true though, they've been punishing us for this stuff unintentionally, so it should be worse when you''re TRYING to do it.

Still though, it would be unfair for this to be worse than the Patriots scandal was.

KJ PUNK
03-04-2012, 02:05 AM
I mean even though the Saints had this, it's not like any of the Saints players are considered "dirty." So obviously they weren't going out of their way to intentionally hurt anyone. I think it was just a way to get the team to be more physical. And you're crazy if you think other teams don't have these "bounty" systems.

Broc
03-04-2012, 02:07 AM
I mean even though the Saints had this, it's not like any of the Saints players are considered "dirty." So obviously they weren't going out of their way to intentionally hurt anyone. I think it was just a way to get the team to be more physical. And you're crazy if you think other teams don't have these "bounty" systems.

So now we've got 3 people with 3 different votes..... this is interesting.

You're right though, I know the Ravens had one on Hines Ward that I believe went without punishment at all.

KJ PUNK
03-04-2012, 02:11 AM
So now we've got 3 people with 3 different votes..... this is interesting.

You're right though, I know the Ravens had one on Hines Ward that I believe went without punishment at all.

Exactly. Since no one was going out of the way to hurt someone (in other words they were just playing football) I don't think anything should be done. But I think they will be fined regardless.

SLEEPY LOCO1
03-04-2012, 02:11 AM
In my opinion there should be no punishments. Football is a rough sport if you are afraid of getting hit or getting injured than you need to find something else to do. All of the hits were clean hits it's not like people were out there playing dirty to end peoples careers. Also the "bounty program" wasn't only to hit people and injure them it was mainly used as a way to get the defense to play harder and get more tackles, sacks and interceptions.

But Roger Goodell is a dick trying to take the best part of football, hard hits, out of the game. Knowing the way this prick rolls, punishments will be way more severe than NE Pats got for "Spygate". Look for long suspensions, large fines, coaches losing NFL jobs and more. Even Sean Payton, who mainly works with the offense, will probaly get suspended a few games and get a larger fine than Billacheck, (I know thats spelled not right), just for being the head coach and he should have known and stopped it.

Sully
03-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Well the Ravens one was just one player running his mouth.

I mean, they were paying them to put someone on the cart, and seriously injure them. That's bad. I mean, we played the Saints last year, what if one of our big guys got taken out, and someone was getting a bonus for that? Actually though, NO Steelers were injured in that 2010 Halloween game, but we did have a shit ton of injuries the game after against the Bungles.

You're right though, I'm sure other teams could be doing this. Maybe not as much, but they did do that stuff. A lot of teams have polls and stuff, where they put like 200 bucks in a pot, and the person to get the first TD gets the money.

The thing about this is, the coach was actually telling them to do it. That's when things start getting more serious.

VanHooliganX
03-04-2012, 06:14 AM
The punishment should be strict enough to send the message that if any team does it. The NFL will beat your ass black and blue.

That way no-one will want to take the risk of doing that since getting caught means big problems for the team.

That's just my take on it though.

Sully
03-04-2012, 02:49 PM
The punishment should be strict enough to send the message that if any team does it. The NFL will beat your ass black and blue.

That way no-one will want to take the risk of doing that since getting caught means big problems for the team.

That's just my take on it though.

Because they did that so well with the Spy Gate scandal. :rolleyes:

They're going to beat them black and blue? You mean they're going to give all their good player to the Panthers, and make them a successful team? Lol.