PDA

View Full Version : Come on you gooners !!

akbar
03-03-2012, 05:06 PM
After Chelsea's disaster of a performance, we have surely got the champion league spot...what do you lot think?

VanHooliganX
03-03-2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?8702-The-DEFINITIVE-English-football-banter-thread-2011-12-season/page899

All Premier League stuff goes here :)

But you should get 3rd at this rate. All depends on what Spurs do.

RVP is dragging your asses majorly though.

Destruction
03-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Fuck all Gunners

#luckybitch

rather you than chelski 4th

Steve Austin
03-03-2012, 05:16 PM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?8702-The-DEFINITIVE-English-football-banter-thread-2011-12-season/page899

All Premier League stuff goes here :)

But you should get 3rd at this rate. All depends on what Spurs do.

RVP is dragging your asses majorly though.

Can't see them coming 3rd.

Fuck all Gunners

#luckybitch

rather you than chelski 4th

This but rather Chelsea for 4th.

I hate FC Van Persie and their fans :D

Destruction
03-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Can't see them coming 3rd.

This but rather Chelsea for 4th.

I hate FC Van Persie and their fans :D

Oh, I hate both their fans - just Arsenal has a better chance of embarrassing themselves in the CL

And it's about time the Arsenal fans had something to cheer about

Steve Austin
03-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Oh, I hate both their fans - just Arsenal has a better chance of embarrassing themselves in the CL

And it's about time the Arsenal fans had something to cheer about

They don't deserve to cheer about anything :p

I know 2 Chelsea fans and they know nothing about football, same could be said or the 5 Arsenal fans I know.

That's true but Arsenal are 4-0 down to Milan at the moment, not embarrassing enough? :D

Destruction
03-03-2012, 05:27 PM
They don't deserve to cheer about anything :p

I know 2 Chelsea fans and they know nothing about football, same could be said or the 5 Arsenal fans I know.

That's true but Arsenal are 4-0 down to Milan at the moment, not embarrassing enough? :D

I know 3 Arsenal fans (dicks) but I like a few Chelsea fans - who actually know their stuff - I rather Chelsea get embarrassed in the league and Arsenal get even more embarrassed in the CL

But oh well - when was the last time Arsenal won a trophy. 7 years ago

And Liverpool won one last week

Steve Austin
03-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I know 3 Arsenal fans (dicks) but I like a few Chelsea fans - who actually know their stuff - I rather Chelsea get embarrassed in the league and Arsenal get even more embarrassed in the CL

But oh well - when was the last time Arsenal won a trophy. 7 years ago

And Liverpool won one last week

Damn straight chief, as much as I want CL I do like having a trophy. if the Europa is good enough to have the Manchester teams teams wanting to win it, it's good enough for us!

A European competition is always good to be in!

Destruction
03-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Damn straight chief, as much as I want CL I do like having a trophy. if the Europa is good enough to have the Manchester teams teams wanting to win it, it's good enough for us!

A European competition is always good to be in!

*Cough* Middlesborough Tomsta *Cough*

*Cough* When was the last time City won one Van *Cough*

Steve Austin
03-03-2012, 06:42 PM

Smooth... :p

VanHooliganX
03-03-2012, 07:30 PM

Said the man who supports the team that nearly lost to Cardiff ;)

When was the last time you won the FA Cup or qualified for Europe without having to do it through a title.

Also when're you going to overtake Newcastle btw. You've yet to do it and you're running out of home fixtures to draw. Only took us 1 fixture ;)

Steve Austin
03-03-2012, 07:36 PM

When was the last time you won the FA Cup or qualified for Europe without having to do it through a title.

Also when're you going to overtake Newcastle btw. You've yet to do it and you're running out of home fixtures to draw. Only took us 1 fixture ;)

Cup final makes it a level playing field, everyone knows that and also we won, it doesn't matter how, our name is on the cup!

We won the FA Cup 6 years ago, the bolded made no sense to me.

Plenty of time to overtake Newcastle, like it matters if we don't anyway, it changes nothing for us really.

Focus is/should be on the FA Cup. We're better away from home as well!

VanHooliganX
03-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Cup final makes it a level playing field, everyone knows that and also we won, it doesn't matter how, our name is on the cup!

We won the FA Cup 6 years ago, the bolded made no sense to me.

Plenty of time to overtake Newcastle, like it matters if we don't anyway, it changes nothing for us really.

Focus is/should be on the FA Cup. We're better away from home as well!

The bolded means when was the last time you finished in the top 5 which equal Europe positions. Instead of getting it through a cups Europe spot. (Not taking anything away from the cup you've won, just how you get into Europe :P)

Steve Austin
03-03-2012, 07:42 PM
The bolded means when was the last time you finished in the top 5 which equal Europe positions. Instead of getting it through a cups Europe spot. (Not taking anything away from the cup you've won, just how you get into Europe :P)

Fair play, you throw me off by using title :p

Under Rafa we come 7th and back then that counted as a Europa spot because English teams were so good in Europe.

Don't knock us though, a few bad years but we're on the turnaround! A cup, another potential cup and European football next year!

I seem to remember the only reason City got into Europe the season the new owners came in was because of the Fair Play Award, it doesn't get cheaper than that, ask a Fulham fan :D

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Wow alot of Arsenal hate here.

Liverpool fans are just terrible losers and most of them are just scum(of course there are a few exceptions).

I wonder how long it will be before King Kenny is sacked winning a trophy is more then Arsenal are going to do this season but if you ask most fans would they prefer Champions League Football this year or to win the Micky Mouse Cup they would go for champions league any day of the week.

Arsenal get called for being lucky year in year out but they have as much bad luck as they do good just check our players injury stats of this year and very mixed refree calls.

Arsenal for 3rd.

Tomsta666
03-04-2012, 08:24 AM

Here dude, I think you need this...

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/pics/products/2311/0/benylin-chesty-cpighs-300ml.jpg

VanHooliganX
03-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Wow alot of Arsenal hate here.

Liverpool fans are just terrible losers and most of them are just scum(of course there are a few exceptions).

I wonder how long it will be before King Kenny is sacked winning a trophy is more then Arsenal are going to do this season but if you ask most fans would they prefer Champions League Football this year or to win the Micky Mouse Cup they would go for champions league any day of the week.

Arsenal get called for being lucky year in year out but they have as much bad luck as they do good just check our players injury stats of this year and very mixed refree calls.

Arsenal for 3rd.

Nope. Arsenal aren't lucky. Your OG proves that. But week in week out RVP drags you.

Also Tom, thank you. I lol'd so much :'D

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Nope. Arsenal aren't lucky. Your OG proves that. But week in week out RVP drags you.

Also Tom, thank you. I lol'd so much :'D
SIGH

Most football fans always say tht about Arsenal.

Henry Drags them, Wright drags them, Bergkamp drags them, Fabregas Drags them, Vieira drags them.

Its the most boring and stupid thing people say about Arsenal.

Just like when they all say Gerrard is the best player Liverpool have.

Wade Barrett 1979
03-04-2012, 08:47 AM

I love all these City fans giving it the big bollocks now!

2008-2009 was the last time we qualified for Europe through the League! When did you last win a Euro Cup? When did you last win the Champions' League (or European Cup as it was known?) How many times have you won it?

We last won the FA Cup in 2006! We last won it 5 years before in 2001. When you won it last year, when was the last time before that you won it? How many have you won?

We won the League Cup this year, when did you last win it? How many have you won?

We haven't won the League since '90 but when did you last win it? How many have you won?

Before you also give it the bollocks about all of our victories being history, you ain't won the League yet!

Destruction
03-04-2012, 08:50 AM
SIGH

Henry Drags them, Wright drags them, Bergkamp drags them, Fabregas Drags them, Vieira drags them.

The difference is - we don't need Gerrard every game to be successful

We have Suarez, Kuyt, Johnson, Agger, Skertel, Carragher, Enrique, Bellamy, Spearing, Reina, Downing - all of which - when on form - can be formidable.

Without Gerrard - we would still be in the same position (amazing stat - Liverpool has not won a league game this year with SG starting)

Without RVP I guarntee Arsenal will be lower than 8th - No Question

B-MCINTYRE
03-04-2012, 08:52 AM

We have Suarez, Kuyt, Johnson, Agger, Skertel, Carragher, Enrique, Bellamy, Spearing, Reina, Downing - all of which - when on form - can be formidable.

Without Gerrard - we would still be in the same position (amazing stat - Liverpool has not won a league game this year with SG starting)
Of course you would, he doesn't play for you!

Destruction
03-04-2012, 08:52 AM

2008-2009 was the last time we qualified for Europe through the League! When did you last win a Euro Cup? When did you last win the Champions' League (or European Cup as it was known?) How many times have you won it?

We last won the FA Cup in 2006! We last won it 5 years before in 2001. When you won it last year, when was the last time before that you won it? How many have you won?

We won the League Cup this year, when did you last win it? How many have you won?

We haven't won the League since '90 but when did you last win it? How many have you won?

Before you also give it the bollocks about all of our victories being history, you ain't won the League yet!

http://thegirlfromtheghetto.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/bravo.jpg

Destruction
03-04-2012, 08:54 AM

Exactly, without RVP Arsenal would be less than 8th - easy

B-MCINTYRE
03-04-2012, 08:54 AM

Cause he's shit! and he plays for the other team... (Maybe they won't notice my stupidity...)

B-MCINTYRE
03-04-2012, 08:55 AM

Oh you didn't notice. ignore my last post then..

Destruction
03-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Cause he's shit! and he plays for the other team... (Maybe they won't notice my stupidity...)

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. I thought you meant he was always injured

Fuck You Aussie ;)

B-MCINTYRE
03-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. I thought you meant he was always injured

Fuck You Aussie ;)
No I made a completely stupid comment thinking you supported someone else and had to cover my tracks.. lol
;)

VanHooliganX
03-04-2012, 08:59 AM
SIGH

Maybe because they do drag you :)

Your past history seems to be doing well for you this season right? No didn't think so.

If past titles meant anything about how you do in the present you'd wouldn't be closer to Wigan then us.

The sooner people realise "HOW MANY CUPZ HAIVE U GUYZ WONN0RZ!?" means little to fuck all about the present the better.

Congrats on being good in the 70's. The Oilers became a dynasty in the 80's, unstoppable. Now they're just a shell of there former selfs. A bit like you.

I await your reply about our money dragging us. Even though money runs everything in football like and our owners aren't tight bastards like Fenway/Red Sox owners are :)

Wade Barrett 1979
03-04-2012, 09:01 AM

Man, I can rant!!!!

:D

B-MCINTYRE
03-04-2012, 09:01 AM

Your past history seems to be doing well for you this season right? No didn't think so.

If past titles meant anything about how you do in the present you'd wouldn't be closer to Wigan then us.

The sooner people realise "HOW MANY CUPZ HAIVE U GUYZ WONN0RZ!?" means little to fuck all about the present the better.

Congrats on being good in the 70's. The Oilers became a dynasty in the 80's, unstoppable. Now they're just a shell of there former selfs. A bit like you.

I await your reply about our money dragging us. Even though money runs everything in football like and our owners aren't tight bastards like Fenway/Red Sox owners are :)

If AFL took like one of your teams. The salary of the players would solve all of the clubs money problems in the whole league...

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 09:02 AM

Funny that because with all those names you mentioned Liverpool will be lucky to finish 8th no question.

And come on now when on form?

When Arshavin was on form he put 4 past you.

When Vermalen is on form he scored more goals then most of Liverpools attacking players.

Carragher was good back in the day but now he is too slow.

Liverpools team is decent and apart form Suarez (who has issues) and Reina your team isnt really anything.

Wilshire is better then any of your Center Mids, Ramsay has come on soo much this season he could walk into the Liverpool side.

Arsenals main issues this season has come from poor defensive and lack of creativity.

Liverpools main issues over the past 8 years has been there team just isnt in the same class as Arsenals, Man Us, Man Citys and Chelseas. And now Tottenham are better then you.

The FACT is that 1st or 2nd is what Arsenal, Chelsea etc... expect and demand from there team. Where as Liverpool its 5th or at a push 4th what you expect.

The facts are clear Arsenal, Chelsea are superior to Liverpool.

And i would just like to add Scszney has been Arsenals best player this year if we would of had any other keeper we would be 6th if that.

Wade Barrett 1979
03-04-2012, 09:02 AM

All I'll say is: You ain't won shit yet this season scout!

VanHooliganX
03-04-2012, 09:04 AM
All I'll say is: You ain't won shit yet this season scout!

Well duh. Only 1 trophy has finished.

Destruction

With your money Wigan could win the league in 5 years

So could Blackburn

So could ALL the teams in the EPL

I think you were 13th-ish the season before they took you over. 16th 3 years before that. I wouldn't be at all suprised if they looked at the league table, closed there eyes - and pick one at random

B-MCINTYRE
Funny that because with all those names you mentioned Liverpool will be lucky to finish 8th no question.

When Vermalen is on form he scored more goals then most of Liverpools attacking players.

Liverpools team is decent and apart form Suarez (who has issues) and Reina your team isnt really anything.

Wilshire is better then any of your Center Mids, Ramsay has come on soo much this season he could walk into the Liverpool side.

Arsenals main issues this season has come from poor defensive and lack of creativity.

Liverpools main issues over the past 8 years has been there team just isnt in the same class as Arsenals, Man Us, Man Citys and Chelseas. And now Tottenham are better then you.

The FACT is that 1st or 2nd is what Arsenal, Chelsea etc... expect and demand from there team. Where as Liverpool its 5th or at a push 4th what you expect.

And i would just like to add Scszney has been Arsenals best player this year if we would of had any other keeper we would be 6th if that.
I'd 8-2 be an Arsenal fan..

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 09:05 AM

LOL yes he has scored 30 goals but he scores around a few against one team but then dosent score for a while.

No other Arsenal striker has had a chance this year. And Van Persie is world class.

But since we have decided to throw out useless opinons if Liverpool didnt have Reina they would be around 15th easy,

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Liverpool now 7th if it finishes like this that would be very successful for them.

VanHooliganX
[Comment stating the obvious which Van already did say about money and the rest being he jelly of the Etihad owners]

Ah, he jelly!

B-MCINTYRE
LOL yes he has scored 30 goals but he scores around a few against one team but then dosent score for a while.

No other Arsenal striker has had a chance this year. And Van Persie is world class.

But since we have decided to throw out useless opinons if Liverpool didnt have Reina they would be around 15th easy,

If Liverpool didn't have players, they wouldn't be a team anymore and would cease to exist.

VanHooliganX
03-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Liverpool now 7th if it finishes like this that would be very successful for them.

5 points behind Newcastle with only 1 game in hand. This week they've gained a point over them and Chelsea. Leaving a little late aren't they?

Although Arsenal have had shit spells this season. You have recovered really well. At 1 point I believe you were 9 points behind Newcastle.

Wade Barrett 1979
03-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Well duh. Only 1 trophy has finished.

You'll look pretty silly if you end up without nowt!

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 09:10 AM
If Liverpool didn't have players, they wouldn't be a team anymore and would cease to exist.

Exactatly it is moronic saying that IF a team didnt have a player they would be in another play. How the fuck would we know that shit.

If Van Persie didnt play for Arsenal Wenger would of signed a couple of other players a few years back who might of been as good or better then Van Persie.

Wade Barrett 1979
03-04-2012, 09:10 AM
5 points behind Newcastle with only 1 game in hand. This week they've gained a point over them and Chelsea. Leaving a little late aren't they?

Although Arsenal have had shit spells this season. You have recovered really well. At 1 point I believe you were 9 points behind Newcastle.

ZOMG!! City and Arse fans teaming up! It's the end of the World as you know it!!!!

B-MCINTYRE
03-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Exactatly it is moronic saying that IF a team didnt have a player they would be in another play. How the fuck would we know that shit.

If Van Persie didnt play for Arsenal Wenger would of signed a couple of other players a few years back who might of been as good or better then Van Persie.

Wait. i made sense in an EPL thread? cool.

Destruction
03-04-2012, 09:12 AM

Scszney did well yesterday - but I haven't seen him do that well this year

Arshavin putting 4 past us would be when our defence are as bad as your's

Venmalen's a central defender. You say that he could score more than any of our attackers when on form. He would score once in a game most - if you had 10 corners

Wilshire is better than Gerrard you say? I'd much rather have Gerrard, Adam and Spearing than Wilshire, Ramsey and Diaby

Bellamy could score more than Arshavin. Downing can put in a better cross than Walcott. Kuyt works harder than each individual member of your team. Enrique can defend and attack. Agger is just as good - maybe even better than Venmalen

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 09:12 AM

I think its because there team is more determined and they want it more. Dont forget if Man U beat Tottenham we are only 4 points behind them.

I can see Stoke taking over Liverpool and maybe even Sunderland also. I think now they know they are guaranteed UEFA next year they wont care anymore

Destruction
03-04-2012, 09:15 AM
I think its because there team is more determined and they want it more. Dont forget if Man U beat Tottenham we are only 4 points behind them.

I can see Stoke taking over Liverpool and maybe even Sunderland also. I think now they know they are guaranteed UEFA next year they wont care anymore

I will record me eating my hat and putting the vid on here if that happens

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Scszney did well yesterday - but I haven't seen him do that well this year

Arshavin putting 4 past us would be when our defence are as bad as your's

Venmalen's a central defender. You say that he could score more than any of our attackers when on form. He would score once in a game most - if you had 10 corners

Wilshire is better than Gerrard you say? I'd much rather have Gerrard, Adam and Spearing than Wilshire, Ramsey and Diaby

Bellamy could score more than Arshavin. Downing can put in a better cross than Walcott. Kuyt works harder than each individual member of your team. Enrique can defend and attack. Agger is just as good - maybe even better than Venmalen

Arshavin dosent play for Arsenal anymore so stupid statemnt.

Downing may put in a better cross but Walcott is just as bad as downing the only difference is Downing can cross but Walcott can score.

Lol Song and Sagna work alot harder then the 20 miniutes a game Kyutt puts in.

And Agger better then Vermalen is a huge statement. Thats like saying Alumina is better then Reina.

And Wilshire is the best midfielder English football has at the moment i cant wait to see him and Parker play for England.

And lets not forget to mention Oxlade-Chamberlin.

And you need to start watching some games if you dont think much of Scsnezy.

Wade Barrett 1979
03-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Man, this is gonna go on forever! I'm gonna go and have a wank, do something constructive with my time!!

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 09:18 AM
I will record me eating my hat and putting the vid on here if that happens

I cant wait to see that but il only have to wait a month.

Destruction
03-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Arshavin dosent play for Arsenal anymore so stupid statemnt.

Downing may put in a better cross but Walcott is just as bad as downing the only difference is Downing can cross but Walcott can score.

Lol Song and Sagna work alot harder then the 20 miniutes a game Kyutt puts in.

And Agger better then Vermalen is a huge statement. Thats like saying Alumina is better then Reina.

And Wilshire is the best midfielder English football has at the moment i cant wait to see him and Parker play for England.

And lets not forget to mention Oxlade-Chamberlin.

And you need to start watching some games if you dont think much of Scsnezy.

I'll be honest - I haven't watched many Arsenal games. However I do know that if Scsnezy has had a very, very good game, I would've been told by my Arsenal mates. A few times but not enough as a quality keeper should've done.

Oxlade Chambelian is very good for a young talent, I'll give you that - he has potential

Wilshire is good - however I wouldn't say he's the best English Central Midfielder. On form he's up there with the top 3, but he is not the best. Parker and Barry are more consistent, and Gerrard, has been off-form lately I'll give you that

Venmalen is not better than Agger. And saying that Song and Sagna work harder than Kuyt is ludicrous. Kuyt is one of the hardest working players in the EPL. If you saw the match yesterday you would've seen him close down every ball he had a chance with.

Walcott can score yes, but he's not playing as a striker. He's playing as a winger. It's all good scoring but putting a decent cross in would do wonders when he's on the right

B-MCINTYRE
03-04-2012, 09:25 AM
man, this is gonna go on forever! I'm gonna go and have a wank, do something constructive with my time!!

can you say sigged?

Destruction
03-04-2012, 09:28 AM
I cant wait to see that but il only have to wait a month.

Ooooh - someone's a bit confident. If Arsenal finish in the CL places for the next 3 years. I'll eat anything you want. But I'm gonna go as well. I could go on and on, but ultimately neither one of us is going to convince the other of anything

Wade Barrett 1979
03-04-2012, 09:30 AM
can you say sigged?

Had to log back on for this! Yay 2 sigged quotes in one day! :p

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 09:32 AM
I'll be honest - I haven't watched many Arsenal games. However I do know that if Scsnezy has had a very, very good game, I would've been told by my Arsenal mates. A few times but not enough as a quality keeper should've done.

Oxlade Chambelian is very good for a young talent, I'll give you that - he has potential

Wilshire is good - however I wouldn't say he's the best English Central Midfielder. On form he's up there with the top 3, but he is not the best. Parker and Barry are more consistent, and Gerrard, has been off-form lately I'll give you that

Venmalen is not better than Agger. And saying that Song and Sagna work harder than Kuyt is ludicrous. Kuyt is one of the hardest working players in the EPL. If you saw the match yesterday you would've seen him close down every ball he had a chance with.

Walcott can score yes, but he's not playing as a striker. He's playing as a winger. It's all good scoring but putting a decent cross in would do wonders when he's on the right

I think if you check the stats the amount of assists and goals scored combined when it comes to Downing and Walcott it is very simliar and they are both just good players nothing special.

And the Wilshire thing is actually a huge debate amongst top pundits and critics they believe Wilshire is the best they have seen since Scholes.

Gerrard hasnt been on form for many years and is over hyped just like Lampard apart from Lampard scores more goals.

And Barry is hilarious. Yes he is good but he is not an excellent player he is too slow and offers nothing going forward. Scott Parker is twice the player easily.

Again with the Kyut thing watch Sagna play the amount he does for arsenal is phenomial honestly he is not the technically greatest wing back but year in year out he gets Right Back of the year in the premier league because of his work rate.

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Ooooh - someone's a bit confident. If Arsenal finish in the CL places for the next 3 years. I'll eat anything you want. But I'm gonna go as well. I could go on and on, but ultimately neither one of us is going to convince the other of anything

They will do this you know that when Redknapp leaves Tottenham and the next few players sign for Arsenal over the summer when we finally get taken over and get the money that Liverpool. Chelsea, Man u and c have we will get CL for the next 3 years.

I cant see Liverpool getting CL for the next 10 because they are so far behind. Yes they are good at Cup football but League is completly different

B-MCINTYRE
03-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Had to log back on for this! Yay 2 sigged quotes in one day! :p

It appears so........

JSullivan
03-06-2012, 10:44 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2vm7tc7.jpg

JSullivan
03-06-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm not going to name any names, but someone in this thread definitely just said Wilshere is the best English midfielder...

...Brilliant.

+1 for making me laugh, I've been miserable as fuck all day.

Steve Austin
03-06-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm not going to name any names, but someone in this thread definitely just said Wilshere is the best English midfielder...

...Brilliant.

+1 for making me laugh, I've been miserable as fuck all day.

Could we not just let this thread die?

:(

On the plus side, that was nicely done haha.

Gerrard > Parker > Wilshere > Milner > Anyone else > Lampard > Barry.

JSullivan
03-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Could we not just let this thread die?

:(

On the plus side, that was nicely done haha.

Gerrard > Parker > Wilshere > Milner > Anyone else > Lampard > Barry.

I'd maybe say Gerrard/Parker > Wilshere, blah blah blah.

I love Gerrard, but Parker is Parker. I wouldn't swap either for either. I wouldn't give up one for the other. Parker is a workhorse captain - gets stuck in and puts the body on the line, but Gerrard is the fired up passionate type - two different types of captain, both equally amazing. Gerro's main benefit is his set pieces and attacking ability, but Parker is a defensive player who breaks up attacks. Two different roles.

Parker and Gerro in centre mid = Football's coming home.

Steve Austin
03-06-2012, 11:34 AM
I'd maybe say Gerrard/Parker > Wilshere, blah blah blah.

I love Gerrard, but Parker is Parker. I wouldn't swap either for either. I wouldn't give up one for the other. Parker is a workhorse captain - gets stuck in and puts the body on the line, but Gerrard is the fired up passionate type - two different types of captain, both equally amazing. Gerro's main benefit is his set pieces and attacking ability, but Parker is a defensive player who breaks up attacks. Two different roles.

Parker and Gerro in centre mid = Football's coming home.

I think Gerrard has the edge on him, Gerrard is the best all rounder I've ever seen, there aren't many players that can do it all!

Nice post though, I liked it :p

JSullivan
03-06-2012, 11:39 AM
I think Gerrard has the edge on him, Gerrard is the best all rounder I've ever seen, there aren't many players that can do it all!

Nice post though, I liked it :p

I think if you were a Spurs fan, you'd understand.

I won't take anything away from Gerrard though, but lets be honest, he wouldn't be as good as he is now at ANY other team in the world. I couldn't see him having the same passion playing for Barca.

Steve Austin
03-06-2012, 11:52 AM
I think if you were a Spurs fan, you'd understand.

I won't take anything away from Gerrard though, but lets be honest, he wouldn't be as good as he is now at ANY other team in the world. I couldn't see him having the same passion playing for Barca.

Well maybe not but you never know and he doesn't play for them so it doesn't matter :p

All that matters is he's been exceptional at Liverpool and one of the best players ever, I just dont' think anyone can match his all round ability.

I don't need to be a Spurs fan to love or appreciate Parker, the way he plays is my favourite kind of footballer, I've been a huge fan since his Charlton days have watched him avidly ever since.

He's an absolute amazing player and a kind of player every team needs, it's just a shame England are only recognising that now he's at Spurs.

JSullivan
03-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Well maybe not but you never know and he doesn't play for them so it doesn't matter :p

All that matters is he's been exceptional at Liverpool and one of the best players ever, I just dont' think anyone can match his all round ability.

I don't need to be a Spurs fan to love or appreciate Parker, the way he plays is my favourite kind of footballer, I've been a huge fan since his Charlton days have watched him avidly ever since.

He's an absolute amazing player and a kind of player every team needs, it's just a shame England are only recognising that now he's at Spurs.

Agreed!

He caught my eye at Newcastle, but I do feel only recently has he started to make a name for himself - 10 years too late! England might get the Euros and a World cup out of him, possibly another Euro campaign if he holds up - with the role he plays, Defenders usually last into their mid 30s, and as a defensive mid, there's no reason why he cant.

Plus, his fitness levels seem good enough.

Steve Austin
03-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Agreed!

He caught my eye at Newcastle, but I do feel only recently has he started to make a name for himself - 10 years too late! England might get the Euros and a World cup out of him, possibly another Euro campaign if he holds up - with the role he plays, Defenders usually last into their mid 30s, and as a defensive mid, there's no reason why he cant.

Plus, his fitness levels seem good enough.

I think the next World Cup will be his last.

Depending on other players he may not be in that England team.

(We can all hope we get more players of that quality)

I still think he should of been in there at the last World Cup, he was so good at West Ham, much better than Barry.

JSullivan
03-06-2012, 12:02 PM
I think the next World Cup will be his last.

Depending on other players he may not be in that England team.

(We can all hope we get more players of that quality)

I still think he should of been in there at the last World Cup, he was so good at West Ham, much better than Barry.

Yeah, Barry's been shit since he went to city.

I tell you who I've been impressed with recently...Downing. When he was linked with spurs, he was really good - on form. He went a bit dry just after, but seems to have caught up again.

Steve Austin
03-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Yeah, Barry's been shit since he went to city.

I tell you who I've been impressed with recently...Downing. When he was linked with spurs, he was really good - on form. He went a bit dry just after, but seems to have caught up again.

Ah someone who appreciates Downing!

I've liked him for years too, always thought he'd go to Spurs when he was at Boro.

He was great a Villa last year, voted player of the season.

What annoys me is that people focus on his and Young's fee.

Downing was a few million more, so what. He had an extra year on his contract and was voted player of the year by the fans, why would't he go for a bit more?

Decent start for Downing, but then he had a very poor spell, he has definitely picked up his game in the last few weeks though, very impressive.

As for Young, about time he had a good game for Utd, fans blindely defending him got annoying.

JSullivan
03-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Ah someone who appreciates Downing!

I've liked him for years too, always thought he'd go to Spurs when he was at Boro.

He was great a Villa last year, voted player of the season.

What annoys me is that people focus on his and Young's fee.

Downing was a few million more, so what. He had an extra year on his contract and was voted player of the year by the fans, why would't he go for a bit more?

Decent start for Downing, but then he had a very poor spell, he has definitely picked up his game in the last few weeks though, very impressive.

As for Young, about time he had a good game for Utd, fans blindely defending him got annoying.

Yeah, Young has been sub-par too, tbh. Hopefully he'll get better - I'd like to see him play like he did against spurs for england.

I'm looking forward to the era of Wellbeck and Sturridge as England stars though ;)

Steve Austin
03-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Yeah, Young has been sub-par too, tbh. Hopefully he'll get better - I'd like to see him play like he did against spurs for england.

I'm looking forward to the era of Wellbeck and Sturridge as England stars though ;)

Yeah same, when it comes to England, as much as I dislike a player I want them to do well.

I'm looking forward to (hopefully) the trio of Welbeck, Sturridge and Rooney.

jordan1995
03-06-2012, 04:21 PM
What a fucking comeback jesus , i dont think milan want to win

Tomsta666
03-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Oh my goodness!! :eek:

Come on Arsenal, you can do it!!

jordan1995
03-06-2012, 04:32 PM
both games on TV been good tonight , watching Chelsea on my laptop and arsenal on the TV :)

Even if arsenal dont get the goal , credit to themselves for the way they've gone about the game.