PDA

View Full Version : Faces and Heels at WM28

Gazza010
02-29-2012, 04:12 AM
Morning good people,

So I have been going over the matches for WM28 that have been confirmed before this Friday's Smackdown showing.

John Cena vs The Rock
CM Punk vs Chris Jericho
Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan
Triple H vs The Underaker

Now with these matches alone, I can see the following happening:

Cena wins, Punk wins, 'Taker wins and with regards to Sheamus/D Bryan match, I am 50/50 on who will win.

But from this alone, we have two faces (Punk and Taker), a tweener (Cena) and the possibility of either a face or heel winning the other match.

So my question to you all is: Does it look like we are going to get the majority of faces winning at WM this year? Or if some heels are going to win, will they come in matches that havent been declared yet?

Many Thanks!

Tommy Thunder
02-29-2012, 04:29 AM
Well Taker wining is a given (I should think so), and I think Punk going over Jericho makes the most sense, if Jericho is indeed leaving after Mania (although I believe he's staying). I can't see Cena beating The Rock in Miami and staying face or even tweener. If Cena's winning, he's turning heel. But with that said, it's in Miami, I believe that The Rock will win. With that in mind, Daniel Bryan retaining is likely, although they haven't had a RR winner winning at Mania for a while.
But for me it's:

Taker (face)
Punk (face)
Rock (face)
Daniel Bryan (heel)

so far. We'll have to see what other matches are on the card.

bearkg88
02-29-2012, 04:36 AM
Well Taker wining is a given (I should think so), and I think Punk going over Jericho makes the most sense, if Jericho is indeed leaving after Mania (although I believe he's staying). I can't see Cena beating The Rock in Miami and staying face or even tweener. If Cena's winning, he's turning heel. But with that said, it's in Miami, I believe that The Rock will win. With that in mind, Daniel Bryan retaining is likely, although they haven't had a RR winner winning at Mania for a while.
But for me it's:

Taker (face)
Punk (face)
Rock (face)
Daniel Bryan (heel)

so far. We'll have to see what other matches are on the card.

See bro, I disagree. I still think Cena will be a face after Mania. He will get UBER boos if he beats The Rock, more so now than ever. Who knows maybe Cena will get Die Cena Die chants like Rocky use to.

I see it this way.

Taker Winning(face)
Punk winning(face)
Cena winning(face)
Sheamus winning(face)

Gazza010
02-29-2012, 04:43 AM
But for me it's:

Taker (face)
Punk (face)
Rock (face)
Daniel Bryan (heel)

I see it this way.

Taker Winning(face)
Punk winning(face)
Cena winning(face)
Sheamus winning(face)

Exactly lads, so with this in mind, could a possibility be that they are going to let some of the mid-card/upper mid-card heels win?

People like Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes? depending on what matches they are in?

Tommy Thunder
02-29-2012, 04:50 AM
Exactly lads, so with this in mind, could a possibility be that they are going to let some of the mid-card/upper mid-card heels win?

People like Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes? depending on what matches they are in?

Well if Rhodes has a match at Mania, then he's retaining IMO, no matter who he's facing. So that's a heel win for sure.

PSOjedi
02-29-2012, 07:10 AM
a tweener (Cena)

I really don't understand why people say that Cena vs Rock is Tweener vs Face match !!!!
It's a face vs face !! Cena is a face since 2005.
It's not because you get a mixed crowd reaction that you're a tweener. If so, the Cena would be a tweener since his face turn !! NON SENSE !

And in chicago he would have been a huge heel if you remember the crowd reaction when he faced CM Punk in his home town.

Face, heel or tweener is about your actions not the crowd reaction.

The only reason why people boo him is because since 2005 and his Marine gimmick he only does the same boring things in the ring and is beaten for almost the entire match, can not put more than 3 consecutives moves without being counter...etc...etc... OK 3 recent exceptions with his 2 matches vs Punk and the one vs Kane at EC ppv.

Gazza010
02-29-2012, 07:22 AM
I really don't understand why people say that Cena vs Rock is Tweener vs Face match !!!!
It's a face vs face !! Cena is a face since 2005.
It's not because you get a mixed crowd reaction that you're a tweener. If so, the Cena would be a tweener since his face turn !! NON SENSE !

And in chicago he would have been a huge heel if you remember the crowd reaction when he faced CM Punk in his home town.

Face, heel or tweener is about your actions not the crowd reaction.

The only reason why people boo him is because since 2005 and his Marine gimmick he only does the same boring things in the ring and is beaten for almost the entire match, can not put more than 3 consecutives moves without being counter...etc...etc... OK 3 recent exceptions with his 2 matches vs Punk and the one vs Kane at EC ppv.

Then that is a misconception on my part.

But with this in mind, this furthers the point of the thread that there is the possibility that there will be loads of face wins this WM.

PSOjedi
02-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Yes but if there is a MITB Ladder match, I can see a heel winner in Ziggler, Del Rio or Barrett
Same if there is a Long vs Laurinaitis match, the heels will win
If Cody defends his IC belt, he will retain
Daniel Bryan will retain
If there is a Tag match, Primo/Epico will retain
Swagger and US Title match ? I can see him retaining also
Beth Phoenix to retain also the Divas belt whoever she faces

So we have 3 face
Taker, CM Punk, Rock/Cena whoever as both are face

and 5, 6 or 7 heels
MITB winner or GM battle match (or both who knows...), Rhodes, Beth, Bryan, Primo/Epico, Swagger(?)

I also have the feeling that Chris Jericho will win the WWE Championship, and Punk will win it back at Over The Limit :o