PDA

View Full Version : The Miz Challenges...The Rock

Scottland
10-27-2010, 11:42 PM
In an interview from G4, The Miz challenged The Rock.

You know I find it funny how guys like John Cena, The Miz (dream on dude) & so forth all call out The Rock. It makes you wonder how BAD the WWE wants him back (Yeah...the WWE would trade any guy on the roster including John Cena to have The Rock back & yes, The Rock was by far more popular then John Cena could ever wish to be.) Unlike the 99% of wrestlers that are products by Vince McMahon...Dwyane "The Rock" Johnson made himself a success let alone made himself bigger then just a product of the WWE (Vinnie Mac didn't have much say in that matter). The only other guy that can really say that is Hulk Hogan.

Truth be told, The Rock will never return to wrestle & really why should he? He made his goodbye to wrestling in a low-key fashion. Also, Vince McMahon ignored the fact that The Rock's contract was up & let it expired which Dwyane himself consider a bit disrespectful & yes, this was before The Rock went completely off to Hollywood. The Rock made his mark in the wrestling world arguably faster then any other wrestler in history. The only time we might ever see The Rock dealing with the WWE again is when he gets inducted to the HOF which will probably be the highest rated HOF show especially since when The Rock was on last time at the WWE HOF program it was the highest rated show for the WWE HOF showing & still is today.

Rich Cranium
10-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Are you forgetting Stone Cold?

wallyman
10-27-2010, 11:50 PM
if rock didnt answer john cena...i doubt he will even take miz into consideration....aj styles has more chances and even he has no chance lol...

Scottland
10-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Are you forgetting Stone Cold?

No, I'm not forgetting Stone Cold because Austin was a WWE product. Austin's success outside of his WWE career is practically nothing. What many seem to forget Austin was in wrestling for 15 years before he had that 3 year success (which is Austin's peak). He's a man that has faded. I mean he's an actor for straight-to-DVD films let alone he doesn't sell anymore. His name doesn't bring in anymore outside of wrestling. He's a product of the past. Only two guys outside of wrestling still sell that being Hogan & Rock. Hell, many would say Rock has past Hogan in terms of success. Even Jim Ross has said there will never be another Rock as he's a once in a lifetime figure.

P.S. The Rock leaving WWE had more of an impact on WWE ratings then any other wrestler in which was a 8% decrease. Austin was only a 3% decrease. That was even written in ProWrestling Magezine years ago.

rockymavia3
10-28-2010, 12:53 AM
You were absolutely correct....THE ROCK was one of the greatest man to be born in the Pro Wrestling History......Miz is full of Shit......Miz should change is lines...from I am the Miz and I am Awesome to I am the Miz and I am Shitfull......

rockymavia3
10-28-2010, 12:54 AM
No, I'm not forgetting Stone Cold because Austin was a WWE product. Austin's success outside of his WWE career is practically nothing. What many seem to forget Austin was in wrestling for 15 years before he had that 3 year success (which is Austin's peak). He's a man that has faded. I mean he's an actor for straight-to-DVD films let alone he doesn't sell anymore. His name doesn't bring in anymore outside of wrestling. He's a product of the past. Only two guys outside of wrestling still sell that being Hogan & Rock. Hell, many would say Rock has past Hogan in terms of success. Even Jim Ross has said there will never be another Rock as he's a once in a lifetime figure.

P.S. The Rock leaving WWE had more of an impact on WWE ratings then any other wrestler in which was a 8% decrease. Austin was only a 3% decrease. That was even written in ProWrestling Magezine years ago.

You were absolutely correct....THE ROCK was one of the greatest man to be born in the Pro Wrestling History......Miz is full of Shit......Miz should change is lines...from I am the Miz and I am Awesome to I am the Miz and I am Shitfull......

Scottland
10-28-2010, 02:21 AM

Uh...Dude, you posted this statement twice. I don't know if you know that?

AaronTyler
10-28-2010, 03:44 AM
Simple, why is this even in discussion? The average intelligent "wrestling fan" knows Miz isn't even on the level below The Rock. I would give The Miz one full minute with The Rock before he gets owned. It takes The Miz five promos to gather the amount of crowd reaction The Rock got in one.

DarkSide
10-28-2010, 05:57 AM
"The Miz Challenges...The Rock"

Ha ha ha ha haa - Haaaa ha ha ha

BigWillie54
10-28-2010, 06:45 AM
smh. funny how people cant take things into contexts. And smh at you guys acting like it would have been a real fight.

Rassling_Fan
10-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Is the Rock really all that great? Think about it... While he did give us some good matches, he was really over because of his promo work, something we've all been complaining about for a long time for WWE and TNA to do too much.

The Rock got into the WWE thanks to his family legacy and because he worked hard got over when people were chanting "Die Rocky, Die!"

The Miz was on "Real World" so he had people hate him for that alone, lost Tough Enough to Daniel Puder and was made into a horrible host for Diva Search so he also had that against him. But despite all that, he's gotten over as a heel and had a total US Reigns almost as long as Rock's total Intercontinental reigns. Heck, all Miz needs to do is hold the World/Heavyweight championship for 5 months and he would have been a better champion then the Rock (who's longest single reign was 4 months).

Sure, the Rock became famous, but in terms to wrestling (I'm probably going to be alone in saying this) his accomplishments aren't that impressive. I could see the Miz challenging him.

Xpacfan
10-28-2010, 08:50 AM
The Miz couldn't hold The Rock's jock strap, more or less go toe to toe with him in the ring!

Xpacfan
10-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Is the Rock really all that great? Think about it... While he did give us some good matches, he was really over because of his promo work, something we've all been complaining about for a long time for WWE and TNA to do too much.

The Rock got into the WWE thanks to his family legacy and because he worked hard got over when people were chanting "Die Rocky, Die!"

The Miz was on "Real World" so he had people hate him for that alone, lost Tough Enough to Daniel Puder and was made into a horrible host for Diva Search so he also had that against him. But despite all that, he's gotten over as a heel and had a total US Reigns almost as long as Rock's total Intercontinental reigns. Heck, all Miz needs to do is hold the World/Heavyweight championship for 5 months and he would have been a better champion then the Rock (who's longest single reign was 4 months).

Sure, the Rock became famous, but in terms to wrestling (I'm probably going to be alone in saying this) his accomplishments aren't that impressive. I could see the Miz challenging him.

WHAT?! It's no way could you have been ACTUALLY WATCHING The Rock in his prime. You may have done your research but it's no way you could have watched The People's Champ in his prime and say he wasn't all that great!!!

This new generation of wrestling fans make me sick!

Rassling_Fan
10-28-2010, 09:08 AM
WHAT?! It's no way could you have been ACTUALLY WATCHING The Rock in his prime. You may have done your research but it's no way you could have watched The People's Champ in his prime and say he wasn't all that great!!!

This new generation of wrestling fans make me sick!

Guess what, been watching wrestling since the HOGAN Era, back in the 80s. What do you think you Attitude Fans were to us? Exactly the same thing as this current generation. At least we got to appreciate the golden age of wrestling while you guys settled for the few brief pieces of gold within the piles of crud that surrounded it. For every Rock, there were a Val Venis getting his Wee-Wee Chopped and May Young giving birth and Katie Vick. I bet you forget that he was called Rocky Maivia when all he had was blue tights who always smiled. He was being promoted too much just like Cena is. Thus the Rocky Sucks chants. After his heel turn with the Nation of Domination, he became the Rock we know today.

I've watched Rock's entire WWE wrestling career from beginning to end. So I have more of a right to say what I said.

Xpacfan
10-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Oh ok, then you must've been the one cheering for Hogan every time he told you to eat your vitamins, say your prayers, and to drink your milk! I was one of The Rock's biggest fan before he sold out (which is a completly different subject altogether), so I know all about his transformation!

You're just talking about how The Rock was at the beginning of his WWF career but nothing about him his prime. You have no idea about what you are talking about if you're denying that he had a rare charismatic ability to not only entertain the fans but to become one of the greatest wrestlers ever. From his finisher to the way the guy delivers a punch or kick....that's just charisma that you can't teach! The WWF just gave him the means to bring it out! Now and days, the WWE holds its wrestlers back from being truly charismatic in their approach in entertaining the fans...at the rate things are going now, we'll never get another Rock in the WWE!

"Im The Miz and I'm Awesome"....a guy who says that as a catch phrase has the potential to be a BETTER champion than The Rock?! Dude, gimme a break! You don't know what in the hell you're talking about.

Rassling_Fan
10-28-2010, 09:34 AM
You're just talking about how The Rock was at the beginning of his WWF career but nothing about him his prime. You have no idea about what you are talking about if you're denying that he had a rare charismatic ability to not only entertain the fans and to be one of the greatest wrestlers ever. From his finisher to the way the guy delivers a punch or kick....that's just charisma that you can't teach! The WWF just gave him the means to bring it out! Now and days, the WWE holds its wrestler back from being truly charismatic in their approach in entertaining the fans...at the rate things are going now, we'll never get another Rock in the WWE!
I'm not denying his charismatic abiltiy. I'm just sick of people giving him praise over others who deserve it as much if not more. As for wrestling ability, it's the same as Cena's. Those punches look good but looking at them close you don't see the impact. He does a spinebuster, then the People's Elbow Routine, and at times follows up with the Rock Bottom. Does that sound like how Cena sets up people every match? The fact he's charismatic hid the fact you've seen one Rock Match you've seen them all. No one gives credit for Cena's other moves but continue to say he only has four or five moes. Even Wikipedia lists the same ammount of moves between Cena and the Rock. Infact, I believe it lists Cena as having more.

Greatness
10-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Listen, the Miz is awesome...but on a serious note, i believe him when he says that is his dream match...the miz grew up watch the Attitude era of WWF/WWE. Who didn't want to either be the Rock or beat the Rock at that time...as for Cena, he justs wants to wrestle the Rock for the company's sake. I'm not saying that the Miz wouldn't do that, but you gotta admit that him wanting to wrestle the Rock is believable. As for all of you that wanna compare the Miz to the Rock...I'll chime in on this too. Catchy name, check. Cool finishing move, check. Good mic skills, check. Has the ability to make the crowd hate him yet will "sing along" with him (AWESOMEEEEEEE), check. Wearing gear and clothes change for immature to classy, check. Work his butt off and used every opportunity to showcase his skills, check. Remember, it's called World Wrestling "Entertainment" for a reason. If you don't think that the Miz is entertaining you are fooling yourself. Plus, I like to think that it's cool to see someone that could had been any one of us succeed the way he has...

Xpacfan
10-28-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm not denying his charismatic abiltiy. I'm just sick of people giving him praise over others who deserve it as much if not more. As for wrestling ability, it's the same as Cena's. Those punches look good but looking at them close you don't see the impact. He does a spinebuster, then the People's Elbow Routine, and at times follows up with the Rock Bottom. Does that sound like how Cena sets up people every match? The fact he's charismatic hid the fact you've seen one Rock Match you've seen them all. No one gives credit for Cena's other moves but continue to say he only has four or five moes. Even Wikipedia lists the same ammount of moves between Cena and the Rock. Infact, I believe it lists Cena as having more.

AND THE MIZ DESERVES IT AS MUCH IF NOT MORE?! You have got to be kidding me! The Rock had WAY more in ring ability than John Cena...you know why they're even compariable. It's because Cena tries to be a PG version of him but can't pull it off because he's too corny. Look at the "Attitude Adjustment" and the "Five Knuckle Shuffle"...the same as the damn Rock Bottom and The People's Elbow. Be honest...you know that Five Knuckle Shuffle isn't anything more that a fake ass People's Elbow (just as the Book End was a cheap knock off of the Rock Bottom). The People's Elbow was 10 times more entertaining to watch than that whack ass Five Knuckle Shuffle. At least The Rock could stay true to his gimmick...Cena long dropped the rap gimmick in exchange for the modern day Hogan one!

Looking at any wrestler's punches close will show that there isn't much impact because NONE OF THEM ARE REAL!!! As far as the Spinebuster and People's Elbow, you're only talking about how he finished his matches which even after doing those moves, he would lose! When Cena does his routine...YOU KNOW he's about to win. Besides, almost every main event wrestler has an ending rountine...so it's not even a fair arguement to make against The Rock! All The Rock's matches did not play out the same because 1. The WWF gave him the freedom to put other guys he wrestled over and 2. He ACTUALLY LOST SOME OF HIS MATCHES!!!

Wikipedia?! Of course John Cena's list is going to be longer because it exists at the same time as his career. There was no Wikipedia to track and record all of the moves The Rock currently executed in his career back then...do you know how much archieve footage one would have to watch to make a fair comparison?!

Like I said, you don't know what in the hell you're talking about.

Greatness
10-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Look at the "Attitude Adjustment" and the "Five Knuckle Shuffle"...the same as the damn Rock Bottom and The People's Elbow. Be honest...you know that Five Knuckle Shuffle isn't anything more that a fake ass People's Elbow (just as the Book End was a cheap knock off of the Rock Bottom).

My bad, wasn't Booker T doing the Book End long before the Rock was doing the Rock Bottom...that's like say Eddie Guerrero copied Chavo's frog splash.

Xpacfan
10-28-2010, 10:03 AM
No actually he wasn't

Rassling_Fan
10-28-2010, 10:05 AM
AND THE MIZ DESERVES IT AS MUCH IF NOT MORE?! You have got to be kidding me!
Let's see... The Rock got in because he was the first Third Generation Superstar in the WWE. The Miz got in because he actually worked hard to get in. I say he pretty much deserves it since his first few years have everyone and their mama wanted him fired but he eventually showed them wrong.

do you know how much archieve footage one would have to watch to make a fair comparison?!
Less then Shawn Michaels, Dean Malenko, and Chris Jericho and they got them all.

Like I said, you don't know what in the hell you're talking about.

Then prove me wrong. List 10 Rocky Moments that only resides in a wrestling match. I'll even let you do research.

EDIT: No need to change this topic's discussion, here's the topic with the challenge in hand. (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?1515-A-Challenge-to-All-the-Rocks-Fans...&p=14545#post14545)

Xpacfan
10-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Let's see... The Rock got in because he was the first Third Generation Superstar in the WWE. The Miz got in because he actually worked hard to get in. I say he pretty much deserves it since his first few years have everyone and their mama wanted him fired but he eventually showed them wrong.

Less then Shawn Michaels, Dean Malenko, and Chris Jericho and they got them all.

Then prove me wrong. List 10 Rocky Moments that only resides in a wrestling match. I'll even let you do research.

EDIT: No need to change this topic's discussion, here's the topic with the challenge in hand. (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?1515-A-Challenge-to-All-the-Rocks-Fans...&p=14545#post14545)

Ok, but how many others have and PROVED to have excellent wrestling ability? The Miz didn't get in because he worked hard to get in...he got in because he always talked about how big of a WWE fan he was when he was on The Real World. What better way to gain publicity than to hire a fan who is known to many? Just because people wanted him gone, doesn't mean he's just as good or a better champion than The Rock! It just means that the WWE continues to push him and there isn't anything the fans can do about it!

Exactly! And even with those guys' move list, it still wouldn't be a fair comparison to someone who began their career more recently due to the possible inaccuracy of data collected for the veteran.

I don't need to research anything for that:

1. Putting over the Hurricane on Raw
2. Putting over Chris Jericho to make him the first ever Unified Champion
3. 1999 Royal Rumble-The Rock and Mankind- I Quit Match
4. The Rock and Mankind- Half Time heat match
5. Wrestlemania X9- Stone Cold vs. The Rock
6. 2001 PPV- Kurt Angle and The Rock
7. The hour long match he had with Triple H back in 2000!
8. Undertaker and Triple H vs. Stone Cold and The Rock
9. The Rock vs. Triple H at Backlash 2000. Double Rock Bottom into the announce table!!
10. Wrestleman X7 (I think)- Him and Stone Cold again

Rassling_Fan
10-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Exactly! And even with those guys' move list, it still wouldn't be a fair comparison to someone who began their career more recently due to the possible inaccuracy of data collected for the veteran.
They got all the moves they've done. How is that inaccurate...

I don't need to research anything for that:
Take this to the other topic.

SgtGohan
10-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Listen, the Miz is awesome...but on a serious note, i believe him when he says that is his dream match...the miz grew up watch the Attitude era of WWF/WWE. Who didn't want to either be the Rock or beat the Rock at that time...as for Cena, he justs wants to wrestle the Rock for the company's sake. I'm not saying that the Miz wouldn't do that, but you gotta admit that him wanting to wrestle the Rock is believable. As for all of you that wanna compare the Miz to the Rock...I'll chime in on this too. Catchy name, check. Cool finishing move, check. Good mic skills, check. Has the ability to make the crowd hate him yet will "sing along" with him (AWESOMEEEEEEE), check. Wearing gear and clothes change for immature to classy, check. Work his butt off and used every opportunity to showcase his skills, check. Remember, it's called World Wrestling "Entertainment" for a reason. If you don't think that the Miz is entertaining you are fooling yourself. Plus, I like to think that it's cool to see someone that could had been any one of us succeed the way he has...
exactly there you have it people

FaceOfSpades
10-28-2010, 12:29 PM
i think if vince did an actual rock appreciation night (not the bullshit one goldberg interrupted) that would be his best chance in a one night only type thing. i dont think his credibility would be blown or anything. imagine the ratings. vince would have 6 orgasms.

Xpacfan
10-28-2010, 12:35 PM

How do you know that they've accurately got EVERY move they have ever done? Average people can go and modify a wiki page. Not everyone that puts information on Wikipedia is a professional!

FaceOfSpades
10-28-2010, 12:39 PM

i dont know how to respond to this without insulting the miz or your intellegence. lets just say they come from 2 different times. back in the rocks day miz would probably be a jobber or lower mid card.

Xpacfan
10-28-2010, 12:49 PM
^ thank you!!!!

FaceOfSpades
10-28-2010, 01:05 PM
^ thank you!!!!

ur welcome. hopefully this settles this dispute. its really pointless and no one no matter what they say holds any merit in trying to put miz over the rock. im awesome? thats a catchprase? awesome is a fu*kin rating. 3:16 is a catphrase. hell, even when kane said I AM A MONSTER!! after taking out undertaker is better than im awesome. awesome is just...lame

FaceOfSpades
10-28-2010, 01:18 PM
1 more thing. compare zack ryder to the miz. you can give ryder the miz's whole push personality moveset "catchphrase" and even haircut and it would all seem so natural. theres nothing truly different about miz. imagine any superstar with the rocks everything and you have santino morella (no disrespect cuz i hear he does the damn thing in real life). the rock is just so unique. not being racist but he didn act black didn act white he just had this crazy *aura* about him. he had more swagger than swagger could ever jack from kurt angle. and if ur wondering of course he's my all time fav.

Scottland
10-28-2010, 01:48 PM
I actually can't believe some people actually think The Miz & John Cena is in the same league as The Rock. That's just funny. Also, anyone that uses Wikipedia as a significant source has no validation. Wikipedia is as faulty as a gossip magezine.

cato79
10-28-2010, 04:02 PM

I got to admit that this has been a really entertaining discussion to read. My respects for both of you defending your point.

Only thing that I would like to add is that the competition that The Rock endured was WAY TOUGHER than what The Miz is facing currently on todays WWE. The Rocks had Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan (for a while), Undertaker (at his American Bad Ass persona), Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and many more who basically you'll find on the LEGENDS section of the WWE games.

The Miz struggles 12 minutes to beat R-Truth on a regular MN Raw... NO COMPARISON can be made taking this in concideration.

However, Miz saying that is his "Dream match", I see no harm intended to anyone...

Xpacfan
10-28-2010, 06:54 PM
he had more swagger than swagger could ever jack from kurt angle. and if ur wondering of course he's my all time fav.

^ LMAO @ this!

Xpacfan
10-28-2010, 06:55 PM
i actually can't believe some people actually think the miz & john cena is in the same league as the rock. That's just funny. Also, anyone that uses wikipedia as a significant source has no validation. Wikipedia is as faulty as a gossip magezine.

^ exactly!

kiddstudd
10-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Alright...the Miz is amazing in the ring and amazing on the mic.But without a doubt, The Rock is a better in-ring performer and a way better on the mic.But you have to admit that just like Morrison, The Miz might just be the face of the WWE in like 5-7 years.But The Miz challenging The Rock is interesting because The Miz gets better day by day unlike Cena.And i wouldnt mind seeing this match happen cause The Miz would definetly have his moments in that match even though it would end with Rocky winning

jman
10-28-2010, 07:22 PM
the miz wants to go one n one with the great one
Never lol rocky rocky rocky.....................................

rockymavia3
10-28-2010, 10:48 PM
come on people this is just....something we should know that how these generation wrestler want to make name by targeting the good past wrestler...they don't want to make there name by there own....how The Rock, Austin, Undertaker, Triple H and Kane have made by performing day by day with younger talents....and with some Legends of this business....

MIZ KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH......Before you call THE ROCK out.....:cool::cool:

Rassling_Fan
10-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Only thing that I would like to add is that the competition that The Rock endured was WAY TOUGHER than what The Miz is facing currently on todays WWE. The Rocks had Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan (for a while), Undertaker (at his American Bad Ass persona), Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and many more who basically you'll find on the LEGENDS section of the WWE games.

Then again, the WWE pushed Rocky from the start. His early years have him being a sole survivor and winning the Intercontinental title. Then joining the Nation and feuding with Degeneration-X. He was pushed near the top from the start while the Miz is still in his early years.

Greatness
11-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Man you guys are something else...the Attitude era was great, but it's gone. Never coming back. Get it through your heads...yes the Rock is better than The Miz, but honestly who do you want leading your company...someone who was in "Hollywood" but came to the WWE because wrestling was his dream or someone who would leave you just you needed him the most!!! Rock doesn't care for the WWE, and I'm not saying he should have. But he left before the prime of his career; Rock have like 10 more years to wrestle...After Austin left because he couldn't wrestle anymore, Rock decided to quit the wwe for hollywood; that is who you guys love to cheer for, someone who can care less what WWE fans think, as long as they continue to buy the DVD "Walking Tall" and going to see his precious new movies...you guys are horrible. Get with The Miz. "Cause he is AWESOMEEEEEEEE!!!!