PDA

View Full Version : WWE bringing back King of the Ring

Rich Cranium
10-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Finally, the King of the Ring has come back to the WWE! (wow, sounds like the Rock). I think this is awesome and is needed. Thoughts, opinions?

Robstar
10-27-2010, 05:37 PM
As long as a big push goes to the winner without adopting a stupid "king" gimmick, alá Harley Race or 'King' Booker T. Should be interesting to see who they put in it.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I enjoy the King of the Ring and I am happy to see it return. I was at the first King of the Ring where Bret Hart won. That was fun to see him wrestle so many times in one night, in his prime he truly was the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. But unfortunately I couldn't enjoy his victory because on that night my hero Hulk Hogan lost. It was a sad car ride home and I will never forget that night. Yokozuna beat hogan but the way he did it was just messed up. Some goon A.K.A camera man got on the apron and the camera flashed a huge fire ball in hogans face and he got pinned. I was one unhappy little kid after that so I kind of understand when the kids were crying when Cena lost. We live and learn. Yes i was mad that night, U MAD???

infinite wisdom
Mr Fuji was an illegal immigrant

DirtySteal
10-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Should be great if a mid carder wins it, Punk, Bryan, Christian, Kingston, list goes on.

Miz would be a good contender if not for his MITB briefcase, maybe even somone from Nexus, would be good to see Barret win somthing like that.

Like said above, whoever wins it better not change their gimmick to "King"

Regal won the KOTR once, I've no idea what came of it, but I remember he made everyone submit, that was a pointless KOTR seeing as it did nothing for him.

Bodom
10-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Should be great if a mid carder wins it, Punk, Bryan, Christian, Kingston, list goes on.

Miz would be a good contender if not for his MITB briefcase, maybe even somone from Nexus, would be good to see Barret win somthing like that.

Regal won the KOTR once, I've no idea what came of it, but I remember he made everyone submit, that was a pointless KOTR seeing as it did nothing for him.

It meant something until he was suspended during his GM days. After that, yeah it didn't mean shit

Robstar
10-27-2010, 06:22 PM

He failed a drug test and lost his push.

I assume it will be wrestlers off both brands? Christian might still be out, so I'm thinking Kaval, Alex Riley(I can see them giving this to him), Sheamus, R-Truth, David Otunga, Drew McIntyre will be in there.

FaceOfSpades
10-27-2010, 06:56 PM
i feel bad because i can never be satiafied as a wwe fan. not to sound like a dick but i wish kor was a ppv. it was so prestigious at the time. good to see it back tho, its def. a good look

chaos75
10-27-2010, 06:57 PM
I knew they were going to bring back KOTR because the announcer kept on mentioning when Regal came out to the ring that he was the 2008 KOTR winner, and I thought "Why would they mention that unless they were bringing it back." I want Sheamus to win and then HHH comes out and beats his ass.

Freder
10-27-2010, 07:28 PM
I remember the first king of the ring... the Rock. Those of you who think I am completely crazy are only 2/3rds right, the first king of the ring was Don "The Rock" Muraco in 1985.

Robstar
10-27-2010, 10:57 PM
I remember the first king of the ring... the Rock. Those of you who think I am completely crazy are only 2/3rds right, the first king of the ring was Don "The Rock" Muraco in 1985.

Well pointed out! I'd forgotten that.

Necroyeti
10-27-2010, 11:20 PM
I'll give this thread a HELL YEAH, I love King of the Ring.

Wrestling tournaments in general are fucking great - whether it's King of the Ring, Survivor Series 98, Super J Cup, CZW Tournament of Death, or whatever - and I would like to see mooooooore plox

SilverGhost
10-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Finally! I liked this tourney better.

Splattered-Dreams
10-28-2010, 06:00 AM
I'd love to see KotR return as a PPV. Some of the most memorable PPVs ive ever seen have been KotR

TNA 'The very best'
10-28-2010, 08:16 AM
As long as a big push goes to the winner without adopting a stupid "king" gimmick, alá Harley Race or 'King' Booker T. Should be interesting to see who they put in it.

This Gimmick single handedly made me Hate Booker T, I'd much rather watch two hours of horneswoggle than 5 seconds of Kng Booker.

Splattered-Dreams
10-28-2010, 09:56 AM
This Gimmick single handedly made me Hate Booker T, I'd much rather watch two hours of horneswoggle than 5 seconds of Kng Booker.

Now, we know you don't actally mean that!

Bodom
10-28-2010, 09:58 AM

King Booker wasn't that bad. Its the music that was god awful

TNA 'The very best'
10-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Now, we know you don't actally mean that!

I 100% do, I'm not saying i hate him now or when he was in TNA, but that accent and the whole gimmick i could not stand.

Tha Crows Nest
10-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Honestly the way things are going right now I dont see Miz getting into any real feud until after the Survivor Series. I see him beating someone different each week like he did with R-Truth on RAW, then I could defenitly see him winning KOTR to gain alot of momentum before cashing in MITB.

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 07:08 AM
I 100% do, I'm not saying i hate him now or when he was in TNA, but that accent and the whole gimmick i could not stand.

Sharmell may have influenced your opinions a bit, too:p

TNA 'The very best'
10-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Sharmell may have influenced your opinions a bit, too:p

She had a lot to do with it, just get her off tv, oh wait she is now, this make me very happy, lets hope when he comes back to our tv set she is not with him.