PDA

View Full Version : Have they crammed too much into WM28?

URATOOL
02-21-2012, 04:15 PM
4 Main Events (Cena/Rock, 20-0, BITW vs BITW and The Great White vs The Great Beard)
2 gimmick matches (HIAC and MITB)
Plus probable defenses of the Diva's, Tag Team, IC and US titles.
Plus fillers (maybe Ryder/Kane...)

I know it 4 hours long but this is looking to crowded for me. Are they trying too hard to make this "The biggest Mania ever" and if they succeed what happens next year....

Tommy Thunder
02-21-2012, 04:29 PM
I think the US title match will be pushed into the dark match, or it just won't be defended. That, or the tag titles match will be a dark match.

But I get what you're saying, it is getting crowded there.

Mr. Ziggles
02-21-2012, 04:32 PM
TBH, I think this is how Mania should be, where every match on the card would main event any other PPV.

As it is supposed to showcase there best stuff, no need for fillers.

daverende5
02-21-2012, 04:34 PM
I like it :D.

Also I thought I saw some shadows for a HBK vs HHH build for next mania (or thereafter), but I could be wrong. And of course we could have ourselves the great match of Punk vs Austin next year or thereafter. I hope that they really build up the matches well, but they still got around 6 weeks. And with the gimmick matches: I think that's great, it gives some colour. And maybe we can also have a Cena vs Rock rematch or something, thought I heard rumors about that.

And if the Cena vs Rock is the main-main event, it is going to be weird to see the cell still hanging in the arena :P.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
02-21-2012, 04:41 PM
WM should always be a supercard.

However, I do not know why everyone is pumped for the Sheamus v Daniel Bryan Danielson match. It should be a solid match but no where near the magnitude of Rock/Cena, H/Taker, Punk/Jeritroll, or even the MitB if they decided to throw it on. Not hatin', just sayin'.

jelle1809
02-21-2012, 04:48 PM
I like it :D.

Also I thought I saw some shadows for a HBK vs HHH build for next mania (or thereafter), but I could be wrong. And of course we could have ourselves the great match of Punk vs Austin next year or thereafter. I hope that they really build up the matches well, but they still got around 6 weeks. And with the gimmick matches: I think that's great, it gives some colour. And maybe we can also have a Cena vs Rock rematch or something, thought I heard rumors about that.

And if the Cena vs Rock is the main-main event, it is going to be weird to see the cell still hanging in the arena :P.
Hanging? lol, you do know that it is an outdoor stadium?

I guess you mean standing... :)

On topic, I guess, Sheamus - D-Bry will be like last year with Edge and ADR, being the opener of WM

daverende5
02-21-2012, 04:59 PM

On topic, I guess, Sheamus - D-Bry will be like last year with Edge and ADR, being the opener of WM

No I did not know it is an outdoor stadium, but I still wanna know how they're going to do that. Extremely long break and than it's gone after 50 guys broke it up? Just want to know how they do the logistics :P

Final_Silence
02-21-2012, 05:00 PM

I would assume they will create something to hold it. Plus being from Jersey, I think they will have some sort of partial roof built anyway. Snow is always a possibility.

bearkg88
02-21-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't think it is crammed. To me, this is how Wrestlemania should be. We are going to get some amazing matches. My guess is, asides from the ones already confirmed, we will get 2 to 3 more maybe

Automatic
02-21-2012, 05:07 PM
They probably have, WWE PPV's usually have about 50/50 pure wrestling/other shit and with 4 top matches it looks like WM will probably have more pure wrestling time, with Taker and main event probably taking up 1 hour all together and the title matches around 30-40 minutes. Then the rumored MITB match, which probably will have 15-20 minutes. Divas match hopefully 10+ and with the rumored match Kharma vs. Beth I'd really like to see them give it 15 min of wrestling, but will probably not. Let's see, Shaq vs. Show will probably be short, maybe 7 minutes. And then an/some other match(es).
I can see them doing Ryder vs. Kane.

In the end I see some matches getting hurt, because there won't be enough time for them, because WWE probably must have some time consuming backstage skits.

twoot2
02-21-2012, 05:11 PM
I understand what you're saying and i don't know what they plan to do for Wrestlemania next year and the year after that, but IMO this year has the ideal card and is what Mania's should look like being the biggest show of the year.

Amerinaine
02-21-2012, 05:12 PM
I would assume they will create something to hold it. Plus being from Jersey, I think they will have some sort of partial roof built anyway. Snow is always a possibility.

The Jersey WM will be next year. This year it is outdoors in Miami. And they will have a partial roof, as it is likely to rain.

Dubs
02-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Its not crammed at all. Besides, I doubt the Tag Team Titles and the U.S Title would even be defended. Jack Swagger and The Colons would most likely compete in the pre-show Battle Royal.

URATOOL
02-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Its not crammed at all. Besides, I doubt the Tag Team Titles and the U.S Title would even be defended. Jack Swagger and The Colons would most likely compete in the pre-show Battle Royal.

You see that's something I have a problem with. Many people will tell you that Mania should be a huge card, with massive matches. I however think the first building block of any PPV view should be title defenses. With Mania being THE PPV I personally think every title should be defended. Otherwise what are you saying about non-defended titles. This is the GREATEST WRESTLING EVENT OF THE YEAR.....oh but your belt isn't really worth showcasing on there.... What??

I get the magnitude of Cena/Rock, but why should Ryder and Kane possibly get a match if actual belt wearing champs get pushed off the card?

Playboy Stevie V
02-21-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm I reading this right? Are some people on this thread COMPLAINING about Wrestlemania having TOO MANY GOOD MATCHES? WOW...SMH.

I think this years Wrestlemania is going to be fantastic. I feel Wrestlemania matches should all be PPV quality Main Event type matches, all of them. It's the SUPERBOWL of wrestling. Why tone it down?

THE HEARTBREAK KID
02-21-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm I reading this right? Are some people on this thread COMPLAINING about Wrestlemania having TOO MANY GOOD MATCHES? WOW...SMH.

I think this years Wrestlemania is going to be fantastic. I feel Wrestlemania matches should all be PPV quality Main Event type matches, all of them. It's the SUPERBOWL of wrestling. Why tone it down?

The WWE can never win.. " fans " will always find something to complain about,

But IMO! I can't wait for Wrestlemania and think this is how the card should be, stacked with main event quality matches..

URATOOL
02-21-2012, 05:39 PM

I'm not complaining about it. I'm voicing my concerns that the number of matches and potential length of some of them may push out some other matches or make part of the card rushed. That is all. It might turn out to be an amazing Mania, best Mania ever etc.... But I am slightly nervous that the E might fuck it up.

As mentioned above I also hope that title defenses aren't sacrificed because of non-title matches.

URATOOL
02-21-2012, 05:41 PM
The WWE can never win.. " fans " will always find something to complain about,

But IMO! I can't wait for Wrestlemania and think this is how the card should be, stacked with main event quality matches..

Some people just see things in such black and white *shakes head*. I'm not complaining, I'm voicing concern and questioning how something will pan out.

Yes Mania should be all extra special, good quality matches. But it's up to creative to build the event right and ensure that that means they have built up decent enough feuds so that those matches can mainly revolve around title matches.

URATOOL
02-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Some people just see things in such black and white *shakes head*. I'm not complaining, I'm voicing concern and questioning how something we pan out.

Yes Mania should be all extra special, good quality matches. But it's up to creative to build the event right and ensure that that means they have built up decent enough feuds so that those matches can mainly revolve around title matches.

Why did Swagger bother beating Ryder for the US title if Ryder gets a Mania appearance and he doesn't??

Final_Silence
02-21-2012, 05:43 PM
The Jersey WM will be next year. This year it is outdoors in Miami. And they will have a partial roof, as it is likely to rain.

LMAO. Thanks man. Totally blanked out on that one.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
02-21-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm not complaining about it. I'm voicing my concerns that the number of matches and potential length of some of them may push out some other matches or make part of the card rushed. That is all. It might turn out to be an amazing Mania, best Mania ever etc.... But I am slightly nervous that the E might fuck it up.

As mentioned above I also hope that title defenses aren't sacrificed because of non-title matches.

Good points man! :) Hopefully it turns out fine tho.. Cant wait!!! :D

Robstar
02-21-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm dirty that I'm probably going to miss seeing it - live anyway. Too much turmoil in my life and no cable! Grrrrr. I'll have to go over to URATOOL's place now!

URATOOL
02-21-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm dirty that I'm probably going to miss seeing it - live anyway. Too much turmoil in my life and no cable! Grrrrr. I'll have to go over to URATOOL's place now!

Tickets for my sofa are $39.99. BYO beer. Dunny is a buck a go!

LMPunker
02-21-2012, 06:04 PM
wrestlemania 19 was fairly packed as i recall and that was a great wrestlemania

Robstar
02-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Tickets for my sofa are $39.99. BYO beer. Dunny is a buck a go!

Sounds fair. Damn it, I have a bladder of a 90 year old man! The dunny is going to send me broke man!

TNA 'The very best'
02-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Seriously if these matches weren't happening people would be claiming its going to be a bad PPV, some people just aren't happy

CMRyder
02-21-2012, 06:45 PM
This is how WM should be. I'm so glad they didn't just go off Cena and Rock and say fuck the rest of the card.

AreYaSerious
02-21-2012, 07:02 PM
WM should always be a supercard.

I agree with this, it should always have a lot of great matches.

Batista101
02-21-2012, 07:03 PM
You can just "NEVER" cram too much into WM!! This is the one PPV per year that will live on forever, This must be as big as it gets.. as for next year, we can only wait..

Robstar
02-21-2012, 07:19 PM
What they really need is a legends match. Maybe a battle royal! Because the legends involvements in the previous few Wrestlemanias have really been highlights. :rolleyes:

URATOOL
02-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Wow! Some people are really missing the point about my views in this thread. Or maybe they are to lazy to discuss things and find it easier to just say "Some people will never be happy blah blah blah...".

I'm saying that it may be so crowded, with big non-title matches, that the majority of the champs will be squeezed off of the card. That is my issue with a crowd big match card like this years. I WANT A CARD FULL OF BIG MATCHES. But I think they should have writen the build up a little better to allow more title defenses. Why not have Rhodes vs Punk for a champions match or US vs IC unification match? Why didn't they have Jericho win the rumble and face Punk as his prize at Mania? Then have either Cena or Trips take the WHC at the EC and make one of their matches for the WHC at Mania? Why has there been no build up for a tag title defense match? Why is a Big Show vs Shaq match possibly happening, when there just isn't room without dumping a mid card title match off the card?

URATOOL
02-21-2012, 07:20 PM
What they really need is a legends match. Maybe a battle royal! Because the legends involvements in the previous few Wrestlemanias have really been highlights. :rolleyes:

*SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP* (even though you were being sarcatic).

krafty
02-21-2012, 07:32 PM
The only build up I'm mad at is this Ryder bs they have pulled...thy should have had him drop the strap to Kane and then there build up to mania could have ended up in a great match for a title...no one wants to watch swagger and Kane would drop the strap and put on a good show at mania giving Ryder the push back that he lost with all this stupid storyline stuff

URATOOL
02-21-2012, 07:38 PM
The only build up I'm mad at is this Ryder bs they have pulled...thy should have had him drop the strap to Kane and then there build up to mania could have ended up in a great match for a title...no one wants to watch swagger and Kane would drop the strap and put on a good show at mania giving Ryder the push back that he lost with all this stupid storyline stuff

Exactly. Same match, but it could have been for a title.

The Brown One
02-21-2012, 08:43 PM
I kinda understand what you're trying to get across TOOL. The card has several matches that aren't needed, or could be replaced with matches that deserve to be on the card. Personally, I'd have the tagteam, US, and IC title defended at Wrestlemania, since they are titles after all, and should be showcased. In addition to that, I'd have them actually BUILD up to Wrestlemania, with all the champions and contenders having matches and cutting promos over the next couple of weeks. We've rarely seen that, because these matches are just thrown on many PPV cards - like Gabriel vs Swagger for the US title at the EC PPV, or Jerry Lawler saying "Truth and Kofi might be in the tagteam title hunt after beating the tagteam champions here tonight on Raw" (are you fucking kidding me? They're a makeshift tagteam that teamed up for just that night, and they're already getting title shots?)

All the champions are great at this time, and they deserve to be at Wrestlemania, because they can draw better than a celebrity match, and those titles need more attention.