PDA

View Full Version : Bishoff & Hogan Have Killed the X-Division!

Tha Crows Nest
08-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Ok now first of all let me start by saying that for the most part I have enjoyed TNA in recent weeks. I think the booking is good and they are starting to push some of the newer guys that really deserve it. Now to my point....

Ever since Hogan & Bishoff have taken over they have got rid of the 6 sided ring which I think made the X-Division and tag team matches a little more exciting because they had more room to do things and more room for the suicide arial moves. Even with that I could handle the normal ring but the X-Division is no more. I love Douglas WIlliams and I think he has been a good champ but he has not defended the Title against any quality opponents and the Division is starting to fade away. How do you fix this????? Simple.

First of all If AJ Styles isnt going to be the TNA World champ I would much rather him be the X-division champ rather than the TV champion but that is just my personal feeling. They need to get the Title off of Doug WIlliams and then push the X-Division with Kaz, MCMG, Jay Lethal, Desmond Wolfe, Samoa Joe, Gen Me. I mean there is your division and other than the MCMG it is full of very talented superstars who arent doing anything. I mean the X-Division is what put TNA on the map and although ratings are up now I don;t think this is the time to abandon it. Your Thoughts Please.

*BRET_THM_HART*
08-19-2010, 10:14 PM
I haven't seen much from tags/x-div/knockout latly and i think its turning out to be same as WWE now with the main title. just too much emphasis on that title and other titles other titles is like w/e they have time to write a story for it. Maybe they have too much going on to be thinking the x-div or other titles (BM and MCMG title matchs were good, but not enough tag teams carry it out) my opinion.

oh and what has Hogan done lately for TNA, for last few months all i heard of him is about his outside projects, some lawsuits but nothing mention of TNA?

wrestlingfan316
08-19-2010, 10:44 PM
yeah now they have the problem of not having enough tv time to showcase all their talent. in the addition to the guys you said I'd like to see Amazing Red and see them rehire Petey Williams(I still don't know why he was let go) and Chris Daniels.(a triple threat between Daniels, Petey and Styles would be awesome) Impact has been fantastic the past few weeks but I think that TNA needs a second show to keep the momentum going from show to show although the problem right now is they probably can't afford it.

Tha Crows Nest
08-19-2010, 11:27 PM
OMG dont even get me started on Petey Williams and Chris Daniels. WHy the hell they let either of them go is no clue to me. I think they just let them both go because they knew they were no longer gonna push the X-Division or something.

AGEOFFALL
08-20-2010, 04:26 AM
Dixie Carter is equally to blame for letting this happen.

westy
08-20-2010, 05:51 AM
Some interesting points in here guys. I would love to see a second show in TNA. Not so much a seperate brand like Raw or Smackdown, but a second show with the same roster. That way some of the talent not being used can get more TV time. Also many people have been saying about storylines being ended too quickly. This way they could continue longer. But if all TNA are getting in ratings are 1. whatever then this needs to improve. I too am a fan of the X-div although I think the talent is being used right but just not in that division. AJ was the previous champ. Lethal is being pushed and will become more over in the feud with Flair than having a good run in the X-div. The new stable are also pushing TNA talent, so as much as I would like to see more X-div matches the guys are being used. Tag-team div is great, strong and very competative. Womens div could be stronger.

klebyano
08-20-2010, 08:12 AM
I hope to soon dismiss these two.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-20-2010, 10:13 AM
I absolutely love Douglas Williams and is a major reason I watch TNA week in week out, I think this guy has absolutely phenomonal at what he does, there is a lot of Kurt Angle about him, I do agree that the X-Division has been weakened by the arrival of Bischoff and Hogan, they obviously think this stuff doesn't draw, remember though, Bischoff used to give the Lightweight's the first hour on Nitro, its not like he doesn't appreciate what they bring, its just what draws and they have far to many big names right now to be worrying about giving X-Division matches away.

I do hope though that with Williams now in Fortune or at least linked with Fortune that we will see more high profile matches for his title with Fortune watching his back

thisbigmike
08-20-2010, 10:14 AM
I agree, i agree, but not the part with Samoa Joe. Never liked him!!!!

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-20-2010, 11:40 AM
i think the x division was dead long before they showed up but they havent helped the cause by not showcasing it off as tna's x division is why most people watched tna in the 1st place and now they have got rid of homicide just means they are down another highflyer and it affects it more doug williams being champ isnt helping it at all when his style is not that of the x divison its about time that they brung in heyman hopefully so he can do a major overhaul and bring in guys who can build it up again

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-20-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't see how people can say Douglas Williams style doesn't suit the X-Division, the guy is a pure Wrestler, his gimmick is great, he can suit any style, he is like an Anti-X-Divison Wrestler and this should have built a fantastic story of what TNA fans perceive as 'X-Division' to come in and save the day

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-20-2010, 11:59 AM
I don't see how people can say Douglas Williams style doesn't suit the X-Division, the guy is a pure Wrestler, his gimmick is great, he can suit any style, he is like an Anti-X-Divison Wrestler and this should have built a fantastic story of what TNA fans perceive as 'X-Division' to come in and save the day

a gimmick like that would work if there was the highflyer guys that the x division is but there is not many or not doing the x division just now like jay lethal motor city machine guns but it would be good if they did something like that and do it alot better that team 3d storyline with the x division

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-20-2010, 12:52 PM
That is the gimmick though, Doug Williams is Anti - X-Division, I guess you could say right now that his plan is working storyline wise

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-20-2010, 06:12 PM
if its a story line i dont think many hve clicked on to it much seing its tna haha

crazyj11
08-21-2010, 12:45 PM
The only way I think they could save the X-Divison right now is if they get guys like Cheech, Cloudy, Helios and Kota Ibushi. Oh yeah and hire back guys like Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams, Jerrelle Clark and Daniels.

AGEOFFALL
08-22-2010, 03:26 AM
I also blame the TNA Legends Championship or whatever they're calling it now.