PDA

View Full Version : Tool's take on EC.

URATOOL
02-20-2012, 07:41 PM
WWE match:
This was always going to be a pretty balance match. All 6 guys are a similar size, all 6 guys are competent (or better) wrestlers and none of them rolled into the match on a huge winning streak. So it was always going to go back and forth for a while. The eliminations were pretty run of the mill. Jericho's elimination was a bit different to the norm, but lets face it Punk and Jericho are facing off at Mania, so neither could really eliminate either by pin or submission. So this match was very much a going through the motions match. All 6 guys got to show off their moves and ability to take damage, but that was about it.

Diva's match:
Better than most recent Diva's matches. It actually lasted a decent time and showed both can actually wrestle. However something just doesn't seem work better those two. Maybe their styles don't flow together, but the transition from each set of moves just seemed a little stop start. Oh and Beth needs a second finisher, because the set up for the Glamslam just doesn't look realistic with someone of Tamina's size and strength. It's not going to work well against Kharma at Mania (if that's where they're going).

WHC match:
Where do I start?? It was both good and bad. So I'll split it into good and bad:

Good:
Big Show got a chance to be the giant. Destroying guys and breaking into DB's pod.
As usual someone got thrown through a pod wall (This is always during the second chamber match. Funny that....) which is always entertaining.
Santino nearly won, which whilst was never going to actually happen, it's always fun to think he might just pull it off.
It was good that they let DB actually win via submission.

Bad:
Santino getting one lucky pin could have been fun. Getting two and who they were was taking the piss!
Khali was a waste of a spot and being taken out with one single move was laughable. I'd rather have seen Santino take out Khali with a cobra from the top turnbuckle than a spear from show.
Cody didn't do anything he doesn't do in a normal match. I was hoping he'd take a few risks and pull off something a little different. -10 points for playing it way to safe Mr Rhodes!

US title match:
Did they finishes the other matches too soon and need a filler? It's was a complete waste of 10 minutes. Gabrielle was never winning the US title with no build up. It was hardly even a Raw/Smackdown non-title level match. In fact I'd say it was like watching a Superstars match. There wasn't even any Horny/Vickie action (that sounds so wrong!).

Ambulance match:
This was what it was always going to be. A solid back and forth pain giving slogfest. It was fun to watch but the result for obvious. The AA off of the ambulance was a joke. Oh look there seems to be a large piece of scenery next to the ambulance. It seems to have solid side and no top. Oh look it's just the right size for a small stunt airbag or some padded matting..... And why when Cena was smashing Kane with the heavy, thick side door, did he stop, go and open the front, much lighter door and then smashing Kane with that one instead??

Also why was there no involvement of Eve or Zach?

Funny spot of the PPV:
DB missing his turnbuckle run.

Over all I found this PPV a bit of a let down. Not because it was terrible performances from anyone (except maybe Khali), but because they could have done so much more. It seems little they just didn't bother writing enough for this PPV. Maybe they were to busy writing for Mania.

Melevolent 27
02-20-2012, 07:54 PM
I must agree mr.tool. The Ambo match was stupid all round. Cena 'was taken to the limit' by Kane only to have plenty of energy after the match to walk to the ring to celibrate and talk and yell at the camera. Also Cenas moment with the mic 'Am I in your fav 5 now?' was just more proof that the match was in no way serious. Damn I hate Cena when he is like he was at EC.

The only hope for Kane to move on is the Zach Ryder angle, will he convert him to hate? Will Ryder feud with Kane as good v evil? Or will WWE just drop the angle and pretend it didnt start.

Also its time the fans let WWE know that Khali is useless and we know it. "You Cant Wrestle" could be chanted at other guys but Khali truly deserves it!

The Expendable
02-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Santino getting one lucky pin could have been fun. Getting two and who they were was taking the piss!
Khali was a waste of a spot and being taken out with one single move was laughable.

Both guys were a waste of spot

wrestlingfan66513
02-20-2012, 08:39 PM
it was decent but for me it was a letdown. 6/10 in my opinion

Mr. Excitment
02-20-2012, 08:56 PM
SSSSSOSOOOOOO bad a ppv, 2/10 it was dissapointing to watch, specialy when Rhodes got got by Santino. bad writing strikes again for the WWE Universe.

wrestlingfan66513
02-20-2012, 09:01 PM
SSSSSOSOOOOOO bad a ppv, 2/10 it was dissapointing to watch, specialy when Rhodes got got by Santino. bad writing strikes again for the WWE Universe.

Welcome to the forums

CM Rock-Austin
02-20-2012, 09:31 PM
The ppv was a C+ IMO, I would have switched up the orders of the card. I would have put the Smackdown chamber first, then that US title match just to get it over with since it had no right to go right before the main event, then have the Divas match, that JL segment right after and for the main event have the WWE championship match or the John Cena match. It may have started off poor but it would have finished strong.

The Brown One
02-20-2012, 09:53 PM
The second half of last year's PPVs were great! It's a shame that hasn't been the case for 2012. But this is where the WWE has problems..
1) They have 3 weeks to build up a PPV before Wrestlemania. They basically throw 6 guys into a Chamber match for both shows, without even having qualifying matches (which are fun to watch by the way).
2) They have extremely stupid booking - putting Santino and Khali in the Chamber whereas they could have put ADR and Christian, who are healed up at this point. Even if they don't win, they could have put on a better match than Santino or Khali.

I really hope they pull out all the stops for Wrestlemania.

CobraNightviper
02-20-2012, 10:22 PM
I agree with everyone so far it wasn't that great I just hope wrestlemania this year is better than last years.

FXK2I
02-20-2012, 10:43 PM
I enjoyed everything about this PPV (I'm not too picky), but the ambulance match with Cena winning once again.....really pissed me off.

Can that guy just lose already?

URATOOL
02-21-2012, 01:15 AM
I enjoyed everything about this PPV (I'm not too picky), but the ambulance match with Cena winning once again.....really pissed me off.

Can that guy just lose already?

You just need to rise above it fella.

PSOjedi
02-21-2012, 01:42 AM
I agree with almost all you said.

But I don't think Beth Phoenix needs a 2nd finisher. There are so many ways to pin Kharma, so no need for another finisher. And what makes you think she could not put her into the Glam Slam ? We don't know actually if she can or not. If Beth needs antoher finisher, then, more than half of the men roster need one.

Also you did not mention R-Truth who for me, just like Khali, was a waste of spot. He did nothing and got eliminated too early. If WWE is trying to make him the 3rd face or RAW, they just failed.

Wow when was the last time we saw a dominant Cena in a match ??? I was shocked ! lol
Kane got got !!!

The Brown One
02-21-2012, 06:29 AM
I agree with almost all you said.

But I don't think Beth Phoenix needs a 2nd finisher. There are so many ways to pin Kharma, so no need for another finisher. And what makes you think she could not put her into the Glam Slam ? We don't know actually if she can or not. If Beth needs antoher finisher, then, more than half of the men roster need one.

Also you did not mention R-Truth who for me, just like Khali, was a waste of spot. He did nothing and got eliminated too early. If WWE is trying to make him the 3rd face or RAW, they just failed.

Wow when was the last time we saw a dominant Cena in a match ??? I was shocked ! lol
Kane got got !!!

That was a decent match. Both sides got in offense. The good was that it kinda looked realistic when Cena won (minus hitting the AA on Kane onto a stunt mattress).

BTW them putting Truth in the Chamber was a good idea. Who else did they have on Raw that could go in there? Plus hes really over, a good wrestler, can be funny, but can also be taken seriously.

PSOjedi
02-21-2012, 07:06 AM
BTW them putting Truth in the Chamber was a good idea. Who else did they have on Raw that could go in there? Plus hes really over, a good wrestler, can be funny, but can also be taken seriously.

Yes he deserved to be in the EC, no doubt for me, what I tried to say is that the WWE completely ruined his spot by making him losing too early.

The Brown One
02-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Yes he deserved to be in the EC, no doubt for me, what I tried to say is that the WWE completely ruined his spot by making him losing too early.

Fair enough. They've been known to make stupid decisions as of late.

Cabers
02-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I was disgusted with the Smackdown chamber match i actually enjoyed Santino's run in the raw match something different from a main event.