PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown! Or Raw?

RKOViper
08-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Which WWE show do you prefer to watch? Raw or SmackDown!

Any reasons?

For me it is definitely SmackDown!, talents like Punk and Drew McIntyre are there, and also Ziggler. But mainly they don't waste the segments with trash in the way Raw do, e.g. Justin Long and the other 2 morons in the ring talking.

There is more wrestling, and it is much better wrestling.

The most important thing - I have always loved WWE since I started watching it, but when they started to do guest hosts it has made me want to urinate all over Raw. I hate it soooo much! it is stale, boring and it pisses me right off.

MrNolan
08-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Love Raw. Smackdown just has that second rate feeling to me lol. I've been watching it more and more lately though but it seems as if the WWE writers don't put that much effort into Smackdown. Did you really buy into the whole "Rey Mysterio placed the Undertaker into a vegetative state" angle? It was pathetic.

Tha Crows Nest
08-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Honestly for me its Raw in most parts. Now in overal wrestling I do prefer Smackdown I just defenitly think if it were a live show it would make it a little bit better in my opinion. I say move Smackdown to Tuesdays and do it live and then have superstars and NXT as the weekend wrap up shows. I think it will increase the ratings and make Smackdown more of a must see.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-19-2010, 05:30 PM
at the moment im liking more raw only cause of the nexus angle before they started that i watched smackdown more because of cm punk and the ses

SgtGohan
08-19-2010, 05:50 PM
naturally raw, cuz smackdown is the secondary show right now. they should have kept jericho and edge there.

AGEOFFALL
08-19-2010, 05:52 PM
I prefer Raw but only because of the live factor. If Raw wasn't live nearly all the time then I would choose smackdown.

bcfccalum
08-19-2010, 06:16 PM
i prefer raw, because it has better superstars on there i.e. randy orton, chris jericho, the miz. Whereas smackdown has people that i can't stand CM Punk, Drew Mcintyre, Vickie Guerrero

But i also find it more entertaining with the nexus angle. I agree with what someone else said that the creative team put more effort into raw storylines than they do smackdown, and yeah i agree its probably because raw is live that it just makes it a bit more entertaining.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-19-2010, 06:24 PM
It's RAW for me, for most of the last year its been SmackDown! and I really would choose SmackDown! now if they used Christian and CM Punk in the main event scene or even at least used them in a way that they would be able to be the talking point of the show, SD is struggling for names at the moment and two of the best guys on the roster are being serverely under utilised

AGEOFFALL
08-19-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm waiting for the day Christian gets into the main event picture.

Verdammung
08-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Raw.
Both shows have talent and wrestlers I like, and I have to admit the OP makes a good point where there is a lot of terrible segments on RAW, but RAW has an edge (not Edge) on wrestlers I like and, writers willing, puts out better matches.
Pre-draft though, Smackdown all the way.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-19-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm waiting for the day Christian gets into the main event picture.

You and me both buddy, however, the cynic in me is after 18 months starting to believe that the day Christian gets into the Main Event will never come!

I was very happy he was drafted to SD, then had his little promo with Edge as well, it was all going nice, then Taker got injured, I thought this is it, he was going to be pushed simply be default, I wasn't caring though as at least they would use him properly, well, here he is, still not getting any decent angle, anytime lately that he has even won it has always been made to look flukey with an experianced roll up or what not

AGEOFFALL
08-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Hopefully Christian does get pushed to the main event soon. he has the talent, skills, charisma, and he is way over with the crowds.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-19-2010, 08:08 PM
It's been that way since his return though to be fair, he has been over like mad, at first I thought having him basically run ECW was a good thing, I thought it would lead to a big step up when he eventually moved from ECW, it didn't, I still argued that it will happen, but with the complete lack of genuine main event level guys on SD and this guy still not getting a shot then I'm concerned it will never happen, if it does though the fans would without a doubt lap it up

AGEOFFALL
08-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Vince would just rather put the title on the same guys over an over again. maybe every now and then he will give the title to some new guys.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Well to be fair, the last four Champions on SmackDown! haven't been the usual World Champions, Jericho who although has six World Titles, is very deserving of a run and his last run like the ones before it didn't last long enough, Swagger became a first time Champ, Rey became a 2 time champ four years after his last run and Kane won his 2nd 12 years after his last run, I agree with what you're saying though in general but in this time frame its not been the usual go to guys that have been used, thats why I've felt Christian would be a great choice

AGEOFFALL
08-20-2010, 04:23 AM
yeah what a surprise that has been.

klebyano
08-20-2010, 08:15 AM
I like the Smackdown, for me are the best.

ch.brooks24
08-20-2010, 09:37 AM
I enjoy watching Smackdown more then I do RAW. But I watch RAW pretty religiosly where-as Smackdown I DVR and if I can get to it, I watch it if not, its not a total bummer. I can say this in all honesty, and Ive said this in numerous posts, that if Smackdown were to get off of Fridays and were to go Live, Id absolutely prefer Smackdown over RAW. Fridays are a terrible night for me (and for a lot of others) as its just not a night to sit back and watch TV. People have lives and have shit going on during their weekends. Plus the fact that the results are posted on Wednesday morning, its not critical to watch becase you already know whats happend. Think about it, if you're favorite sports team played a game on Tuesday but it didnt air until Friday, would you even bother watching the game? Thats pretty much how it is with Smackdown.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-20-2010, 09:42 AM
I can manage to hold off from reading Spoilers but I just watch SD online on Friday Mornings, its been online now for what four hours, thats 10 hours before it airs here in the UK and 15 hours at least before it airs in the States

ch.brooks24
08-20-2010, 10:59 AM
You and me both buddy, however, the cynic in me is after 18 months starting to believe that the day Christian gets into the Main Event will never come!

I was very happy he was drafted to SD, then had his little promo with Edge as well, it was all going nice, then Taker got injured, I thought this is it, he was going to be pushed simply be default, I wasn't caring though as at least they would use him properly, well, here he is, still not getting any decent angle, anytime lately that he has even won it has always been made to look flukey with an experianced roll up or what not

It's been that way since his return though to be fair, he has been over like mad, at first I thought having him basically run ECW was a good thing, I thought it would lead to a big step up when he eventually moved from ECW, it didn't, I still argued that it will happen, but with the complete lack of genuine main event level guys on SD and this guy still not getting a shot then I'm concerned it will never happen, if it does though the fans would without a doubt lap it up

Absolutely. I would've much rather seen Christian vs Kane for the title at SummerSlam then Rey vs Kane. And you make a great point about how Christian should've been used when Taker went down. I thought the same thing. Complete lack of Main Event starts on SmackDown yet Christian doesn't even get a look. They completely look right past him and on to the next guy. Its insane. I'll never understand it.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Yeah, the thing with Christian is, I'm not stupid, I know he isn't going to become this multi-time World Champion in the WWE, I know he is never going to become 'The Man' but he could easily be one of the men, and like you say, Kane vs Christian at SummerSlam would have been brilliant, it would have been fresh, it would have given the whole show a fresh outlook and even though Kane would still have went over it would have given Christian Main Event experience, it would have given the fans someone knew and it would have given SmackDown! someone else they could play with and build new feuds with, it looks like Christian is going to get into a feud with Cody Rhodes, if he did that after a short Main Event run with Kane then it would have given that feud more significance

IrkenInvader
07-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Bump...........