PDA

View Full Version : Elimination Chamber was meant for surprises!

stinger22
02-19-2012, 11:40 PM
The last 2 Elimination Chambers sucked (including this one). The EC was meant to have crazy twists to set up matches for WrestleMania, not for the champ to unrealistically retain the title against 5 others.

Edge- 2009 when he attacked Kofi from behind and entered himself into and won the RAW EC match and went on to face Cena at WM. WWE needs to make those cross-brand WM matches again. Edge from SD faced Cena from RAW, and Orton from RAW challenged HHH from SD.

Batista- 2010 when he beat Cena after he won the WWE Championship (obviously to set up their match at WM)

HBK- 2010 when he came from underneath the chamber to cost Undertaker the world title. WWE needs to do more of that kind of stuff to set up their WM matches.

KJ PUNK
02-19-2012, 11:45 PM
The last 2 Elimination Chambers sucked (including this one). The EC was meant to have crazy twists to set up matches for WrestleMania, not for the champ to unrealistically retain the title against 5 others.

Edge- 2009 when he attacked Kofi from behind and entered himself into and won the RAW EC match and went on to face Cena at WM. WWE needs to make those cross-brand WM matches again. Edge from SD faced Cena from RAW, and Orton from RAW challenged HHH from SD.

Batista- 2010 when he beat Cena after he won the WWE Championship (obviously to set up their match at WM)

HBK- 2010 when he came from underneath the chamber to cost Undertaker the world title. WWE needs to do more of that kind of stuff to set up their WM matches.

Well they sort of did do that with Punk knocking out Jericho of the Chamber and Sheamus attacking Bryan after the match. If anybody besides Punk or Jericho won that match, what kind of build and feud would the champ have? Nobody else has much of a feud with anyone except Ziggler with Punk. And the fact that Khali was even in the SD Chamber match was a waste. They should've at least added Christian or Henry to it at the last minute, especially with Orton being out.

SESAfro
02-20-2012, 12:16 AM
I almost thought Santino would win. That's enough surprise for me.

And Christian had a beard.

That is all.

MachoManFan
02-20-2012, 01:44 AM
I thought actually having both champion retain was a surprise, especially as wwe kept reminding everyone how often the title changes hands in the EC. Neither match went the way I'd expected andI thought they were both decent (the raw match was better). Jericho's elimination was completely different and Big Show breaking into Daniel Bryan's pod was something unique too.
Even the divas match was impressive, by diva's standards.

The Brown One
02-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Disappointing PPV to say the least. It started off good, but got worse as it went along. It's great that they had Punk and Bryan retain, like many people wanted, but they could have done it better. They should have had Jericho and Punk as the final two in the Chamber, with Punk barely managing to win. Instead they have Jericho KOed. WTF?
Plus Santino eliminating one or two of the others in the Chamber was unrealistic, and so was him being the last in the Chamber. We don't need to keep seeing him come close to winning and yet never winning. It's annoying. They better not do the same thing in the MITB match at Wrestlemania.

Cabers
02-20-2012, 10:01 AM
I thought actually having both champion retain was a surprise, especially as wwe kept reminding everyone how often the title changes hands in the EC. Neither match went the way I'd expected andI thought they were both decent (the raw match was better). Jericho's elimination was completely different and Big Show breaking into Daniel Bryan's pod was something unique too.
Even the divas match was impressive, by diva's standards.

For me i knew both would retain for definite when the kept saying that.

Gameover
02-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Disappointing PPV to say the least. It started off good, but got worse as it went along. It's great that they had Punk and Bryan retain, like many people wanted, but they could have done it better. They should have had Jericho and Punk as the final two in the Chamber, with Punk barely managing to win. Instead they have Jericho KOed. WTF?
Plus Santino eliminating one or two of the others in the Chamber was unrealistic, and so was him being the last in the Chamber. We don't need to keep seeing him come close to winning and yet never winning. It's annoying. They better not do the same thing in the MITB match at Wrestlemania.

Punk Jericho- They could possibly want to make that WM is the first time Jericho and Punk face one-on-one. Possibly a couple of finishers hit on eachother on the way to WM. Also a lot of promo wars.

Santino eliminating two persons- I wouldn't call it unrealistic, cause on was with a roll-up (after Rhodes was taunting and being cocky) and he only eliminated Barret after Bryan did the damage, imo.

Mikkaelson
02-20-2012, 02:05 PM
2012 has not been kind to the WWE - Two poor pay per views in a row. Really need Cena to screw over Zach Ryder and take his woman. That would have me interested in watching Cena. Like Edge and Lita screwing over Matt Hardy. Made great television.

The Brown One
02-20-2012, 07:00 PM
2012 has not been kind to the WWE - Two poor pay per views in a row. Really need Cena to screw over Zach Ryder and take his woman. That would have me interested in watching Cena. Like Edge and Lita screwing over Matt Hardy. Made great television.

I think last year's Rumble and EC were actually better than this years. The WWE put on consistently good PPVs throughout the second half of last year. Dunno why they can't continue to do that.