PDA

View Full Version : Showdown In The Sun i-PPV

THEKEVINBRAND
02-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Ring of Honor returns to i-PPV on March 30th and March 31st, 2012 in Fort Lauderdale, FL. They've just posted this picture on their Facebook making a huge announcement:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/421995_10150585819791328_71739451327_9224556_19033 04413_n.jpg

Necroyeti
02-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Irony overload

Robareid
02-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Storm vs. Bennett eh?

Could be a decent match but I'm not setting my expectations too high

THEKEVINBRAND
02-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Storm vs. Bennett eh?

Could be a decent match but I'm not setting my expectations too high

Dude Storm hasn't lost it man!

Robareid
02-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Dude Storm hasn't lost it man!

I haven't seen him for a looooonnnng time, and I doubt he's still as great as he once was, but I may be wrong. Bennett is no longer bad in the ring, but he's still not good IMO. I'm expecting between a ** and ***1/2 match from this, depending where it is on the card

THEKEVINBRAND
02-20-2012, 02:29 PM
I haven't seen him for a looooonnnng time, and I doubt he's still as great as he once was, but I may be wrong. Bennett is no longer bad in the ring, but he's still not good IMO. I'm expecting between a ** and ***1/2 match from this, depending where it is on the card

Not the best quality but this is his last match last year, keep in mind he's 42 he may have slowed down a bit, but he stays in shape training all these wrestlers. He probably wrestles once a year now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbK3ENTh4gs

Necroyeti
02-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Robareid, you should really watch this match he had against Bryan Danielson if you haven't already seen it. It actually turned out to be one of Dragon's best ROH title defenses. Obviously, it's from quite a while ago, but 4-5 years is pretty much nothing in terms of wrestling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSwZIMIH2Rw

I also have low expectations though - not because of Storm, but because of Bennett. Sounds like they're going for the Finlay/Sami angle from EVOLVE where Storm is essentially going to beat the piss out of him, except nobody's going to care.

Storm vs. Steen would've been a killer booking, and it probably would've made more sense for Steen to get a rub by going over him too. It's a weekend show, so we could still see this, right? Right?

Robareid
02-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Robareid, you should really watch this match he had against Bryan Danielson if you haven't already seen it. It actually turned out to be one of Dragon's best ROH title defenses. Obviously, it's from quite a while ago, but 4-5 years is pretty much nothing in terms of wrestling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSwZIMIH2Rw

I also have low expectations though - not because of Storm, but because of Bennett. Sounds like they're going for the Finlay/Sami angle from EVOLVE where Storm is essentially going to beat the piss out of him, except nobody's going to care.

Storm vs. Steen would've been a killer booking, and it probably would've made more sense for Steen to get a rub by going over him too. It's a weekend show, so we could still see this, right? Right?

Don't get me wrong, it's not Lance i'm dissing, I just don't think these two guys will rub too well together. I don't expect a bad match, but I don't expect a overly good one either.

And sadly that can't happen, as Steen is in a World title match (Poor booking IMHO) on day two and Storm is facing Bennett day 1

Necroyeti
02-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Oh man, I imagine Storm is going to despise working with Davey Richards.

(since Davey is as stiff as a board, and Storm once said something along the lines of "having to work stiff means you're not good enough to make it look stiff")

THEKEVINBRAND
02-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Maybe next year? Here's hoping!

Necroyeti
02-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Or even if it took place in PWG, it would be great. But I wouldn't be surprised if such a dream match ended up taking place in an obscure Canadian indy like C*4 or something, where I'd probably never be able to get a copy on DVD.

Cabers
02-20-2012, 04:02 PM
In the words of DB now Yes Yes Yes Yes to Lance Storm match in ROH!! I can't wait for that.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Or even if it took place in PWG, it would be great. But I wouldn't be surprised if such a dream match ended up taking place in an obscure Canadian indy like C*4 or something, where I'd probably never be able to get a copy on DVD.

I can make sure it ends up on DVD, I go to every C*4 show in Ottawa