The Piper
02-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Talk about EC in progress!

Mikkaelson
02-19-2012, 10:05 PM
A nice exchange by Santino and Bryan to finish the SD Chamber match

Amerinaine
02-19-2012, 10:06 PM
It was nice to see that the WWE didn't make Santino look like a complete idiot once he got into the match.

THEKEVINBRAND
I'll go watch Against All Odds again, it was way more entertaining than this PPV

Giddy
I actually thought Santino was gonna win for a couple minutes.

K2Jelly
02-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Nice. Glad Santino got some offense. And I marked out when he out after Rhodes hit him with the Cross Rhodes.

Amerinaine
02-19-2012, 10:12 PM
I'll go watch Against All Odds again, it was way more entertaining than this PPV

You must not be watching the same PPV. I won't say that this is the greatest one I've ever seen, but It has been entertaining.

Mikkaelson
02-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Going to bed. Cena Vs Kane is going to be rubbish. Swagger and Gabriel has had zero build up.

Amerinaine
02-19-2012, 10:13 PM
It has 0 build up, but the match will be good.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-19-2012, 10:16 PM
You must not be watching the same PPV. I won't say that this is the greatest one I've ever seen, but It has been entertaining.

having Christian and Del Rio return in a lackluster segment is dumb, these two could've easily been a better choice than Santino Marella

bearkg88
02-19-2012, 10:18 PM

I must agree. By no means is it the best thing in the world, it is definitely enjoyable. I also liked the Gabriel/Swagger match. I wish it had gone on a little longer, but I think if Gabriel was given the right gimmick and time on the mic/manager, he could definitely make for a decent US/IC champion

The Piper
02-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Whole thing has been just like a three hour RAW, again....

bearkg88
02-19-2012, 10:20 PM
having Christian and Del Rio return in a lackluster segment is dumb, these two could've easily been a better choice than Santino Marella

I'll agree with you on that one TKB. I was hoping for Christian to return as a face(though heel is alright too depending on where he goes), but to see him come back being involved in the Johnny L angle was pointless. They just need to get rid of Johnny L

THEKEVINBRAND
02-19-2012, 10:20 PM

bingo! it feels long and dragged out

bearkg88
02-19-2012, 10:22 PM

Yeah, because on Raw we get two elimination chamber matches...

Bodom
02-19-2012, 10:25 PM
I really hope they have something big planned if they're saving Cena vs Kane for last.

Amerinaine
02-19-2012, 10:25 PM

I agree. But they didn't make Santino look like a dumbass in the match itself. Sure, the promos he did were stupid as fuck, but they didn't put him in a jobber role for once. I count that for something. And he looked like a legit threat to get the title, even if we all knew he wouldn't get it.

K2Jelly
02-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah, because on Raw we get two elimination chamber matches...

I think he means that with this PPV, nothing has really changed all that much. Sure Christain and ADR came back but besides that, it seems like all of this could have happened on a normal episode of RAW or SD because nothing of interest or preponderance to a grander landscape has occured.

The Piper
02-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah, because on Raw we get two elimination chamber matches...What show have you been watching, of course we have two chambers on RAW (puts down sarcasm sign). I mean that this has been promos and lackluster matches the whole thing, like a bad RAW.

bearkg88
02-19-2012, 10:45 PM
What show have you been watching, of course we have two chambers on RAW (puts down sarcasm sign). I mean that this has been promos and lackluster matches the whole thing, like a bad RAW.

While I can agree with you on the pointless/crap filled promos, I have enjoyed the matches and think they have been better than some of the Raw matches we have seen.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-19-2012, 10:47 PM
I think he means that with this PPV, nothing has really changed all that much. Sure Christain and ADR came back but besides that, it seems like all of this could have happened on a normal episode of RAW or SD because nothing of interest or preponderance to a grander landscape has occured.

exactly, they can air this on free TV it'll be the same thing for me, until something surprises me or makes me mark the fuck out, it's just a paid RAW

The Piper
02-19-2012, 10:50 PM
now it's over, so bad, so very bad.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-19-2012, 10:53 PM
That is it. Cena get's put through a table 15 foot up. Yet, He recovers, AA's Kane, and celebrates smiling. That was Shocking

Dubs
02-19-2012, 11:11 PM
I didn't mind Cena winning. Lets be honest, this feud was going nowhere for both Cena and Kane. Not to mention this feud being a filler for Cena until his match with The Rock. Though I didn't see the point in this match closing the PPV.

Bad Elimination Chamber PPV. I was okay with the winners but this PPV was boring for the most part. Now that the matches are set for Wrestlemaina, it seemed like this PPV was pretty much worthless with both the Title holders retaining. Not necessarily a bad thing for the Title holders to retain but it pretty much tells you that this PPV wasn't needed.

Amerinaine
02-19-2012, 11:15 PM
While I can agree with you on the pointless/crap filled promos, I have enjoyed the matches and think they have been better than some of the Raw matches we have seen.

I agree, the matches themselves have been good. Even the Tamina v Phoenix one. The only subpar match (Surprise...surprise) was Cena v Kane. Not because it was predictable, but because it just sucked.

If I had to give it a rating, I would go this way: Matches: 7 stars Promos: 2 Stars Overall: 5.5 stars. Just me though.

Amerinaine
02-19-2012, 11:19 PM
I also can't be too disappointed either. I scored 80-85 pts (Depending on if I get credit for CM Punk eliminating Jericho.) in the Prediction contest. Got all match guesses right, it was the Bonus stuff that let me down. However, I did roll a die to pick whether The Great Khali or Santino would be eliminated first from the SmackDown pod. Lucky for me, it worked. ;)

eyehatecena
02-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Just finished reading the results- and usually- glad I did not waste money on the PPV... and seriously, why the fuck are they still continuing the Nattie/farting angle?

Dubs
02-19-2012, 11:28 PM
For the record, the Smackdown Elimination Chamber was waaay better than the Raw Elimination Chamber.

bcfccalum
02-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Just finished reading the results- and usually- glad I did not waste money on the PPV... and seriously, why the fuck are they still continuing the Nattie/farting angle?

stupidest angle ever, just ruining any credibility she has. very annoyed with it

Amerinaine
02-19-2012, 11:38 PM
stupidest angle ever, just ruining any credibility she has. very annoyed with it

A lot of the true wrestling fans hate the farting angle. She is too talented to be in this type of degrading angle.

I to think the SD chamber was more entertaining, however, Ziggles impressed me a shit ton with all the bumps he took in that chamber match.

bcfccalum
02-19-2012, 11:42 PM
A lot of the true wrestling fans hate the farting angle. She is too talented to be in this type of degrading angle.

I to think the SD chamber was more entertaining, however, Ziggles impressed me a shit ton with all the bumps he took in that chamber match.

the shame is WWE doesnt care what true fans want its all about $$$ now and marketing to the kids such a shame when it buries decent talent.
but i agree ziggler had a great match and hopefully his time as champion will come sooner rather than later