PDA

View Full Version : What kind of music are you into?

Vegas
02-18-2012, 09:19 PM
With such a diverse group of people i was curious as to what is the popular genre of music on EWN. Feel free to vote and or comment with what you like

HolyJose2391
02-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Heavy metal is pretty popular I see

Vegas
02-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Heavy metal is pretty popular I see

Hell ya it is!

CM Rock-Austin
02-18-2012, 10:47 PM
It looks like techno and crunk are not popular lol.

HolyJose2391
02-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Lol I'm the only one who likes pop

Vegas
02-18-2012, 10:52 PM
It looks like techno and crunk are not popular lol.

I thought everyone was in love with crunk

Pop dude seriously lol

S.E. Zero
02-18-2012, 11:08 PM

Dude...love pop :p

But I voted for like 5 other genres too lol

THEKEVINBRAND
02-18-2012, 11:13 PM
\m/ that's all!

Y2Jryder
02-18-2012, 11:29 PM
i love rock 'n roll

The Brown One
02-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Metal = #1
Rap/Hiphop = decent when you have meaning behind the lyrics

Giddy
02-19-2012, 12:44 AM
I'm a fan of 90's grunge (Nirvana, Fuel, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, etc) but I also like Rap

Amerinaine
02-19-2012, 12:52 AM
No classic rock on here. Dissapointing.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-19-2012, 12:55 AM
i love rock 'n roll

So put another dime in the jukebox, baby :P

Amerinaine
02-19-2012, 12:57 AM
So put another dime in the jukebox, baby :P

Cherry Bomb

THEKEVINBRAND
02-19-2012, 01:03 AM
Cherry Bomb

I was referring to Joan Jett

Amerinaine
02-19-2012, 01:07 AM
I was referring to Joan Jett

I know. So was I. Though, in a roundabout way.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-19-2012, 01:18 AM
I know. So was I. Though, in a roundabout way.

I see then

Amerinaine
02-19-2012, 01:20 AM
I see then

Do I need to expound on this further, for those not in the know.

B-MCINTYRE
02-19-2012, 01:23 AM
Um rock!!!

THEKEVINBRAND
02-19-2012, 01:38 AM
Do I need to expound on this further, for those not in the know.

I know what you mean but go right ahead

Amerinaine
02-19-2012, 01:45 AM
Joan Jett, for those who were baffled by my reference to Cherry Bomb, was a Member of the Runaways. The Runaways are the all girl group who did Cherry Bomb.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-19-2012, 02:37 AM
who listens to other kind of music? please enlighten

CM Rock-Austin
02-19-2012, 03:38 AM

Since R&B is not on there I choose other to say I listen to that kind of music.

The Brown One
02-19-2012, 03:42 AM

There could be dubstep, progressive metal, death metal, glam metal, black metal, unblack metal, metalcore, hardcore, alt rock etc.

wrestlingfan66513
02-19-2012, 03:53 AM
There could be dubstep, progressive metal, death metal, glam metal, black metal, unblack metal, metalcore, hardcore, alt rock etc.

Yeah rock and metal are split into so many categories now it's ridiculous

Necroyeti
02-19-2012, 08:24 AM
I begrudgingly chose techno out of the choices, but I somehow didn't notice "other".

Here's a top-ten:

- JAZZ
- Industrial music (NOT garbage industrial rock like NIN, Rammstein and Ministry - more like Coil, Einsturzende Neubauten and Foetus)
- IDM / Breakcore
- Noise Music
- Post-Rock
- Ambient / Drone
- Extreme Metal (doom/death/black)
- Post-punk (specifically 70's - mid 80s)
- Neofolk
- Progressive Rock (leaning more towards Krautrock, Canterbury style and Zeuhl and the more experimental stuff. Most symphonic prog is awful, Pink Floyd are boring, and wanky shit like Dream Theater can just GTFO)

bonus mention for Contemporary Classical - which I don't know a whole lot about, but adore what little I do know.

Shaz11
02-19-2012, 09:31 AM
RnB, Hip Hop and Rap for the win!

Bodom
02-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Finnish Pop Music.

CM Rock-Austin
02-19-2012, 02:45 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUvq6V897FL9rTs4q1jeIJ2S6dFx6sU FUAAgHO97iUvWsqCcqc No love for Crunk lol

JSullivan
02-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Honestly, I've been listening to Metal since I was about 8 years old.

I first heard Korns Life is Peachy album when that came out though, which was 96 if I remember rightly.

Been listening to it properly since I was about 10 (basically as my main choice of music), but I listen to everything from Johnny Cash, The Beatles and so on, right through to Whitechapel and such like.

You deifnitely should have picked an "Everything" option, haha.

Sully
02-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Rock and Roll, Hair Metal, Rock.

Why weren't any of these on the list to begin with? :)

Vegas
02-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Rock and Roll, Hair Metal, Rock.

Why weren't any of these on the list to begin with? :)

Because I was only allowed ten spots. If there where more spots more genres would be added to the list.

SESAfro
02-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Hip-Hop, Melodic Metal, Alternative, Rock, Death Metal, Pop, Electronica, Rap, Country, Dubstep, Screamo. Yes, in that order.

The Brown One
02-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Hip-Hop, Melodic Metal, Alternative, Rock, Death Metal, Pop, Electronica, Rap, Country, Dubstep, Screamo. Yes, in that order.

What melodic metal bands do you like?

tad locust
02-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Industrial Rock
Emo/Screamo
Alternative Rock
Gangsta Rap
Punk/Post Punk
Top 40 pop
R&B
Nu Metal
Electronica

SESAfro
02-22-2012, 12:54 AM
What melodic metal bands do you like?
I love Mutiny Within and Amaranthe. Jizz worthy vocals.

The Brown One
02-22-2012, 02:37 AM

Heard of Amaranthe, haven't heard of Mutiny Within. Will give it a listen.

VanHooliganX
02-22-2012, 05:13 AM
So I finally decided to check out this Skrillex fellow.

Since he is apparently the best at the wubbing shite I thought that would be a decent place to check him out.

Skrillex - scary monsters and nice sprites.

I lasted 51 seconds of that bag of shit. Never EVER ever. I return to good (and actual) music once again.

The Brown One
02-22-2012, 06:22 AM

Since he is apparently the best at the wubbing shite I thought that would be a decent place to check him out.

I lasted 51 seconds of that bag of shit. Never EVER ever. I return to good (and actual) music once again.

I've never listened to his music either, until last week. That was his best song..and even that got old after a few days. Sucks that terrible crap like this is the hit music nowadays. Fucking brainwashed people.

VanHooliganX
02-22-2012, 07:48 AM
I've never listened to his music either, until last week. That was his best song..and even that got old after a few days. Sucks that terrible crap like this is the hit music nowadays. Fucking brainwashed people.

Oh my. That is his best song? That saddens me.

Completely agree though. There is some really bad shit being pumped out these days.

SESAfro
02-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Heard of Amaranthe, haven't heard of Mutiny Within. Will give it a listen.
If you have heard Evan Bourne's entrance music, you have heard them. I will say that the song doesn't really do the group justice.

SESAfro
02-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Oh my. That is his best song? That saddens me.

Completely agree though. There is some really bad shit being pumped out these days.
As long as you don't listen to mainstream rap, you guys should be okay. It saddens me what it has turned into. Simple rhymes that speak to people that aren't educated and believe that this is the best stuff out. Oh, how they are mistaken.

Grind_Bastard
02-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Mainly metal, specially extreme (death/black/doom)

Though I don't listen to music as often as I did.

wrestlingfan66513
02-22-2012, 11:15 AM

I did just to see what all the hype is about and I was disappointed with it.

Pumpkinhead
02-22-2012, 05:14 PM
mostly Metalhead but I hear other stuff too

HolyJose2391
02-22-2012, 05:37 PM

I hate that too....I barley last 30 seconds....I went back to listening to Backstreet Boys

Bodom
02-22-2012, 06:05 PM

Give Scary Symmetry's first 3 albums a listen

Tommy Thunder
02-22-2012, 06:41 PM
As a music student, I'm into all kinds of music, but I can't say I'm into a lot on that list.

I like Rock, Hard Rock, Prog Rock, Pop Rock, Alternative Rock, Brit Pop, Modern Rock, Classic Rick, Rock and Roll, Ska, Reggae, Funk, Soul, Rhythm and Blues, Blues, Jazz, Indie, Classical, Pop, some Grunge, Country, Dance Electronica, some Metal/Heavy Metal, Soundtracks, Easy Listening.

That pretty much covers me.

The Brown One
02-23-2012, 05:09 AM
As a music student, I'm into all kinds of music, but I can't say I'm into a lot on that list.

I like Rock, Hard Rock, Prog Rock, Pop Rock, Alternative Rock, Brit Pop, Modern Rock, Classic Rick, Rock and Roll, Ska, Reggae, Funk, Soul, Rhythm and Blues, Blues, Jazz, Indie, Classical, Pop, some Grunge, Country, Dance Electronica, some Metal/Heavy Metal, Soundtracks, Easy Listening.

I thought you were an Economics student..maybe I had you confused with someone else.
What you gonna do once you get your degree?

Wade Barrett 1979
02-23-2012, 03:36 PM
I opted for other, as I pretty much follow most genres! Quicker to list those I don't; Cheesy Pop, Death Metal, Gangsta Rap, Country Music!

Steve Austin
02-23-2012, 04:13 PM
I choose other, I like at least one song from every category and haven't really got a favourite.

Wade Barrett 1979
02-23-2012, 04:16 PM
I choose other, I like at least one song from every category and haven't really got a favourite.

I can imagine you crunking!! :D

Steve Austin
02-23-2012, 04:19 PM
I can imagine you crunking!! :D

Haha, I bet you can ;)

I'm changing my post, I like a bit of all other than: Crunk, Techno, Rap, Scremo (Whatever the hell that is :D ) and I don't really care for Heavy Metal.

One thing I will say #RHCPFTW

Wade Barrett 1979
02-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Haha, I bet you can ;)

I'm changing my post, I like a bit of all other than: Crunk, Techno, Rap, Scremo (Whatever the hell that is :D ) and I don't really care for Heavy Metal.

One thing I will say #RHCPFTW

The heck is that? You and your crazy lettters! :p

That's an infraction! Hash boggling outside of the Mega Thread! Some would have you hang for that! :D

Steve Austin
02-23-2012, 04:24 PM
The heck is that? You and your crazy lettters! :p

That's an infraction! Hash boggling outside of the Mega Thread! Some would have you hang for that! :D

Haha, I do love them crazy letters :p

It was a moment of madness :D

it was: Red Hot Chilli Peppers FTW!

Wade Barrett 1979
02-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Haha, I do love them crazy letters :p

It was a moment of madness :D

it was: Red Hot Chilli Peppers FTW!

You need to sort yourself and conform! Can't have you having fun all willy nilly and not taking this place seriously! Only minimum fun is permitted!

I can handle a bit of Chilli Peppers! Not a huge fan but they is alright mon! :)

Steve Austin
02-23-2012, 04:29 PM
You need to sort yourself and conform! Can't have you having fun all willy nilly and not taking this place seriously! Only minimum fun is permitted!

I can handle a bit of Chilli Peppers! Not a huge fan but they is alright mon! :)

Haha true dat! One more post like that and I'll be gone faster than De Gea's potential :D

Huge fan of RHCP, Coldplay and The Killers :p

Wade Barrett 1979
02-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Haha true dat! One more post like that and I'll be gone faster than De Gea's potential :D

Huge fan of RHCP, Coldplay and The Killers :p

Coldplay and Killers are a bit take it or leave it for me! Don't mind them but it wouldn't kill me if they never released any more material!

Steve Austin
02-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Coldplay and Killers are a bit take it or leave it for me! Don't mind them but it wouldn't kill me if they never released any more material!

Fair play chief.

I here you saw Mozart live? :D

Burn! :p

Wade Barrett 1979
02-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Fair play chief.

I here you saw Mozart live? :D

Burn! :p

Too dull really, to hold my interest.

Mozart was alright, prefer Beethoven! :)

Necroyeti
02-23-2012, 06:10 PM

Screamo as in Saetia/Rites of Spring/Orchid/Envy, or screamo as in Thrice/Enter Shikari etc?

What about post-rock? I've always thought it's a genre that music students would totally eat up, seeing how it's very musically interesting.

And as a jazz fan, you probably need more Anouar Brahem in your life. Sonny Sharrock too. Ask The Ages is like, the coolest album ever made. Dig it.

Tommy Thunder
02-24-2012, 02:21 AM
I thought you were an Economics student..maybe I had you confused with someone else.
What you gonna do once you get your degree?

Economics? God no! that's definitely someone else lol!
I have my degree, graduated last summer. I've just been bumming about since then, looking for a job, but I'm thinking about going back to do a Masters degree next year.

Tommy Thunder
02-24-2012, 02:24 AM
What about post-rock? I've always thought it's a genre that music students would totally eat up, seeing how it's very musically interesting.

And as a jazz fan, you probably need more Anouar Brahem in your life. Sonny Sharrock too. Ask The Ages is like, the coolest album ever made. Dig it.

Not really big on post-rock to be honest.

Sonny Shamrock is great, I haven't heard Anouar Brahem though, I'll have to have a listen to his work.

The Brown One
02-24-2012, 03:18 AM
Economics? God no! that's definitely someone else lol!
I have my degree, graduated last summer. I've just been bumming about since then, looking for a job, but I'm thinking about going back to do a Masters degree next year.

Oh congrats then :)
What job you gonna go for?

Tommy Thunder
02-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Oh congrats then :)
What job you gonna go for?

Thanks man!
No idea to be honest! Not many jobs I can go for with just a music degree. I would need to do a 1 year teaching course to be able to be a teacher, but I'm not really to keen on being a teacher.
For now, I'm just a musician for hire lol! I've done a few gigs for various bands since leaving uni, but I'm just checking out different courses for something to do next year now.