PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 3?

KJ PUNK
02-18-2012, 03:19 AM
I know there was already a thread about this game, but it's been buried into the depths of the Tea Spot and I don't feel like digging it out. I haven't played any of the games (I'm on PS3 and I believe that the first game isn't PS3 available, although I'm not 100% on that) and my friends (who have XBOX) talked me into giving the demo a try the other day. So I downloaded it, and I have to say, the game-play was a blast. Since I know that a few members are big into ME, I figured I'd ask to get an opinion on whether I should go pick up ME2 at a GameStop and give the series of try and what I'd be should be expecting from it.

Gamer note: I don't play many shooters (none of which are 3rd person, although I'm not gawd-awful at the genre) and I mostly play sports games. The only other games I have that aren't sports are the God of War series and the Batman: Arkham series. The only RPG game I play is DC Universe Online.

Tomsta666
02-18-2012, 03:41 AM
I tried to play the first one, and just couldn't get into it. Never bothered with the second one. Yeah, I just don't get Mass Effect.

VanHooliganX
02-18-2012, 06:20 AM
Can't afford ME3 and I haven't played ME2 yet.

I still need to replay ME1 2 1/2 (The half is an ongoing 1) more times to fully complete it.

Plus I'll probably get WWE '12 before I get anything else.

Asherdelampyr
02-18-2012, 09:06 AM
ME1 had a lot of little things that stopped the game from reaching it's best potential.

ME2 fixed those things and gave a great RPG with a really decent combat system. You can play ME2 without playing ME1 first, though there will be some things that may be a bit confusing. I would definitely pick up ME2 before playing ME3 however, especially since it's slightly cheaper than ME3 will be, and because I imagine that the story for ME3 is going to be very very confusing if you didn't play ME2

KJ PUNK
02-19-2012, 12:33 AM
ME1 had a lot of little things that stopped the game from reaching it's best potential.

ME2 fixed those things and gave a great RPG with a really decent combat system. You can play ME2 without playing ME1 first, though there will be some things that may be a bit confusing. I would definitely pick up ME2 before playing ME3 however, especially since it's slightly cheaper than ME3 will be, and because I imagine that the story for ME3 is going to be very very confusing if you didn't play ME2

Yeah I played the demo and watched one cut scene before I just skipped all of them because I had no idea what was going on.

S.E. Zero
02-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Ok for a quick rundown of the first two games with ''spoilers'' though since its happened they're not really ''spoilers'' unless you're playing the game for the first time in which case you dont wanna be ''spoiled'' do not read ok ;) :

Ok on the first game your summoned to take part in what was supposed to be a simple mission but it turns to be a rescue a beacon mission when the eney called geth attack the place you're supposed to go, their leader Saren get visions when in contact with the beacon but so does the main character John or Jane Sheppard (pending if you choose a boy or girl) and these vision show a horror thats too come for mankind and the galaxy by The Reapers, a ancient race of artificially intelligent robots so in the first you look to stop as Sheppard, Saren from reviving The Reapers, blah, blah, anyways pending how you played you stopped him and continue saving the universe.

Now on the second game Sheppard is attacked and killed after saving his crew and is revived using advanced technology and are once again sent to save the universe under the service The Illusive Man, the head of Cerberus an organization who wants to ''save'' the universe. Here you discover Reapers are still in effect and abducting humans for their life force because they are making a human reaper which you fight at the end of the game and again pending on how you played you survive to continue saving the universe.

ME3 is supposed the time when Sheppard finally encounters The Reapers and finally saves the universe from the horrors he saw in his vision from the first game.

So there you read if you must, its not detiled cause then there would be no end to this so this summary gives the basic outline on Mass Effect is all about.

IrkenInvader
02-20-2012, 11:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heEqAwQ5phI

Tommy Thunder
02-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Firstly, you're right, the first game isn't available on the PS3 >:(

I would absolutely recommend getting ME2 though, and I'd recommend that you play through it a few times (taking different paths each time) so that you can get the most out of 3 (should you get it).

I picked up ME2 for a mere £10 online just after Christmas, and it's hands down been the best deal I've got on any game. I'm hoping I'll be able to afford ME3 when it comes out!

If you get it, I'd be up for some multi player sometime :)

THE HEARTBREAK KID
02-20-2012, 12:07 PM
I have played and got the first two ME and have the 3rd one pre-orderd!

I'm a big fan of the series and if you liked the demo then you should give the first two a try! The story is amazing and changes depending on how you play it..

as said above the first one does have it's faults.. But the second was really good!

Rottenpuppets
02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Saw the tv trailer last night during Walking Dead and it looked like fun. I never played the previous games though. Same for Gears of War series, I never played 1 & 2 but I bought 3 when it was on sale during the holidays and it's a f'n blast. Pure alien carnage just the way I like it. So I'll download the ME3 demo and see how it goes.. Like others said, can probably pick up ME2 cheap at the game stores used/new.

zapphoman
02-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Getting Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 would be a good idea because from what I heard, it's better on the PS3. and due to the first one not being on the ps3, you get a kind of interactive novel that explains the story of the first one and lets you make some of the big decisions from ME1 and you can carry them over to the second one (although I'm not sure how). This interactive novel is called Mass Effect Genesis and it should be available to all PS3 owners for free (I think unless you have to buy ME2).

I totally suggest this series. I bought the first one the first day it came out and I have been a fan boy ever since.

IrkenInvader
02-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Mother of god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBktyyaV9LY&feature=player_detailpage

IrkenInvader
02-21-2012, 01:33 PM
My above statement applies here as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Hfvo5ueKJY8

IrkenInvader
02-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Hell yeah Thresher! Kick its ass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2ZR8Oc9hEnM

Daffy Duck's Finest
02-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Looks good to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsH3j0zuQT0

IrkenInvader
03-04-2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bG2mdZ23eP8

VanHooliganX
03-04-2012, 10:56 AM
My above statement applies here as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Hfvo5ueKJY8
Wow!

Nice vids. I may have to buy ME2 quicker than I wanted to buy it so I can get round to this.

Tommy Thunder
03-04-2012, 11:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bG2mdZ23eP8

I am dead serious when I say that I have a tear in my eye after watching that trailer :')

I can't WAIT for this game! It's going to be THE game of the year for sure!

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 02:37 PM
More then likely been said on this forum before BUT

If you have a PC and 360 go out and but Mass Effect 1 and 2 right now

If you have a PS3 do the interactive comic book and buy Mass Effect 2.

Mass Effect 3 which i am literally bunking off for atleast a week for wont reach its full potential if you dont play on the prequals. Its the end of a journey for the characters that you have been building up for about 70hrs. And i bet the default storyline leaves out alot(like it did with ME2) so for the full experience play on the first 2.

I already have about 9 saves going for ME 3 with completely different outcomes.

PSOjedi
03-04-2012, 02:53 PM
If you did not play ME 1&2 I definitely recommand you to play both before Mass Efect 3.
I played both ME1&2 4 times each, in every possible path.
I'm definitely a fan of Bioware.

Just hope the RPG aspect wil be more present in Mass Effect 3, because ME2 was too action, and less RPG.

I hope Bioware will not stop the Mass Effect things after the end of this trilogy. Mass Effect has tons of potential, and just like The Old Republic, ME has a huge potential to be a MMO.

I can't wait for this Wednesday (perhaps Tuesday...) to play Mass Effect 3
I also can't wait to know what Bioware will do with this license. it's not for tomorrow I know but can't wait.

I'm also waiting for KOTOR III. I want this game so hard.......:(

zapphoman
03-04-2012, 03:02 PM
ME3 is just supposed to be the end of Shepards story (like how AC: Revelations was the end for Ezio and Altiar). Bioware said to expect more games from the Mass Effect Universe.

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 03:21 PM
i believe Casey Hudson said they were looking to turn ME into a MMO after the end of the Shepard/Reaper storyline.

I think DA3 is on its way which hopefully will be better then the 2nd which felt like an expansion pack.

Knowing Bioware they will want a Sci Fi RPG as well as a Fantasy one so you might get something new from Bioware in 2 or 3 years time.

zapphoman
03-04-2012, 03:23 PM
i believe Casey Hudson said they were looking to turn ME into a MMO after the end of the Shepard/Reaper storyline.

I think DA3 is on its way which hopefully will be better then the 2nd which felt like an expansion pack.

Knowing Bioware they will want a Sci Fi RPG as well as a Fantasy one so you might get something new from Bioware in 2 or 3 years time.

I really hope not about the mmo. I hate that they did that with The Old Republic.

Subject Zero
03-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I really hope not about the mmo. I hate that they did that with The Old Republic.

I was not a fan of them turning my old favorite game into an MMO either but we got Mass Effect to replace it so maybe it would be a good thing to try and if not they could always bring Mass Effect back with a bang if the MMO fails.

Again nothing definite all just speculation.

PSOjedi
03-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Yes !! Just finished Mass Effect 3 at 4am this morning^^
Great ending !
I will do the alternate end when I leave my office. can't wait

Can't wait for the next Mass Effect game whatever it is !! (please no MMO)

zapphoman
03-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Yes !! Just finished Mass Effect 3 at 4am this morning^^
Great ending !
I will do the alternate end when I leave my office. can't wait

Can't wait for the next Mass Effect game whatever it is !! (please no MMO)

It was a great game wasn't. I just can't believe the rage the people have been targeting towards it.

Asherdelampyr
03-16-2012, 07:55 AM
It was a great game wasn't. I just can't believe the rage the people have been targeting towards it.
Heaven't heard a lot about the rage
been sick lately, still haven't beaten it, but I am getting there.

PSOjedi
03-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Yes great game. Great great great story. And I really like the coop Live mode. I'm not a fan of multiplayers features, but I really enjoy this one. Can't wait for DLC and the next Mass Effect game. Actually I'm playing the end for the 3rd time to see the 3rd ending. Also I think a possible 4th one is possible if I don't do something at the end...... :rolleyes:

zapphoman
03-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Heaven't heard a lot about the rage
been sick lately, still haven't beaten it, but I am getting there.

Well don't seek it out. They are really not caring about spoilers right now.

Asherdelampyr
03-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Well don't seek it out. They are really not caring about spoilers right now.
yeah, I noticed that.
so far I have been lucky, I really need to beat it this weekend though before my luck runs out