PDA

View Full Version : Today's Top Ten Posters*

Robstar
02-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Or....*Which One Of Us Is Wasting The Most Time Today?

Have you seen this new feature down the bottom of the page? What do you think of it? Do you think it will lead to more posts that only just make it to the minimum ten characters?:rolleyes:

The Brown One
02-16-2012, 07:43 PM
It'll lead to more pointless threads and derailments.

Tommy Thunder
02-16-2012, 07:45 PM
It'll lead to a postwhoring league being created by the postwhoring crew.
And, that'll lead to the rest of us creating a fantasy postwhoring league amongst ourselves!

Daffy Duck's Finest
02-16-2012, 07:47 PM
I remember the days where only relevant opinions were discussed. :(

The Brown One
02-16-2012, 07:52 PM

I miss those days.

Tommy Thunder
02-16-2012, 08:01 PM

Unfortunately, we've had an influx of people who talk a lot of rubbish here. This is still THE forum to be at though.

VanHooliganX

Have you seen 80% of the WWE section O_o

Does postcount really mean this much to people?

It's just a number :S

Just have fun on EWN :)

Robstar

It's enough to drive this man to drink!

The Brown One
02-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Have you seen 80% of the WWE section O_o

Does postcount really mean this much to people?

It's just a number :S

Just have fun on EWN :)

cough*7912*cough :P

Daffy Duck's Finest
02-16-2012, 08:19 PM
It's enough to drive this man to drink!

All I have is cough syrup. Oh the pain, THE PAIN

Tommy Thunder
02-16-2012, 08:20 PM

thing is, people like us have accumulated that many posts over a long time. Some of the newer users have already accumulated like 3000 posts in 2 months! At that rate, they'll be the top posters on this forum in like half a year!

VanHooliganX
02-16-2012, 08:22 PM

Aye. I'm guilty of postwhoring I admit it. But I just talk and reply a lot. Especially in the Sports Section and EWA.

I don't brag about my number (Although I should to piss hardcore postwhores off) and I wouldn't care if I was 12, 1,912 or 1,000,912 posts.

I just...talk a lot XD

I like the new feature but I think it'll increase the whore-dom. Like that anything thread. No point to it since we already have a hashtag thread and CBOT thread for random stuff.

The Brown One
02-16-2012, 08:23 PM
thing is, people like us have accumulated that many posts over a long time. Some of the newer users have already accumulated like 3000 posts in 2 months! At that rate, they'll be the top posters on this forum in like half a year!

Most of them for the wrong reasons.

Giddy
02-16-2012, 08:29 PM
I have a lot of posts, but it's because I have no social life..... :p

And I love it on here :)

Shaz11
02-16-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm also a post whore. But I'll keep it on my 'Anything' thread! ;)

Giddy
02-16-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm also a post whore. But I'll keep it on my 'Anything' thread! ;)
Woohoo!!!!!!

Amerinaine
02-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I comment most on the things I care about. I don't even use the games and stuff. The only truly useless posts I have, I keep to the Hottest Current Female Wrestler and Britani Knight threads. Occasionally, (2%) I might post something just randomly.

Tommy Thunder
02-16-2012, 08:59 PM
In my opinion, this new feature is promoting postwhoring here. Since it was introduced yesterday, there has been an increase in mindless chatter, spamming and pointless posts, not only in the threads that are designated for this sort of chatter (like the hashtag thread and the CBOT thread), but in the forums where legit topics are trying to be discussed. This increase is a result of some users competing with each other to become the days top poster.

For me, this isn't healthy for EWN as it just makes the forums look like a load of people babbling incoherently in every thread.

I'd like to see the feature removed.

bearkg88
02-16-2012, 09:04 PM
In my opinion, this new feature is promoting postwhoring here. Since it was introduced yesterday, there has been an increase in mindless chatter, spamming and pointless posts, not only in the threads that are designated for this sort of chatter (like the hashtag thread and the CBOT thread), but in the forums where legit topics are trying to be discussed. This increase is a result of some users competing with each other to become the days top poster.

For me, this isn't healthy for EWN as it just makes the forums look like a load of people babbling incoherently in every thread.

I'd like to see the feature removed.

I agree. I've been bored today, and have posted more than usual, but everything i posted was in context to the topic of the thread, and it wasn't part of a pointless thread either. Just look around I keep seeing posts where I'm like "...what was the point of posting that..it has nothing to do with the subject"

Amerinaine
02-16-2012, 09:10 PM
I agree. I've been bored today, and have posted more than usual, but everything i posted was in context to the topic of the thread, and it wasn't part of a pointless thread either. Just look around I keep seeing posts where I'm like "...what was the point of posting that..it has nothing to do with the subject"

Yeah, I'll admit to posting more because of this function, and still trying to keep everything relevant to the discussion. I don't see this as a good thing to have on the front page.

Broc
02-16-2012, 09:16 PM
While this is true, I think this is a good feature. And Tommy, didn't you say yourself just yesterday that you liked the feature? I'll just say this..... List doesn't make postwhores, postwhores make postwhores.....

yes that makes no sense, but still, it's EWN, we all do this anyway. We did it way before this posters list, and we'll continue doing it without it. It's just the way EWN works.

Tommy Thunder
02-16-2012, 09:20 PM
While this is true, I think this is a good feature. And Tommy, didn't you say yourself just yesterday that you liked the feature? I'll just say this..... List doesn't make postwhores, postwhores make postwhores.....

yes that makes no sense, but still, it's EWN, we all do this anyway. We did it way before this posters list, and we'll continue doing it without it. It's just the way EWN works.

I don't think I said I liked it. If I did, well call me a hypocrite, I was wrong.

And while postwhores do indeed make postwhores, this feature is encouraging those people to postwhore even harder because of their need to postwhore.
Look, even another postwhoring thread has been created
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?14393-Anything!
We already had the CBOT thread for that purpose, why the need for another?

EWN has a good rep, this excess postwhoring isn't going to enhance that rep, it'll take away from it.

VanHooliganX
02-16-2012, 09:22 PM

It does make sense and I agree with you.

I think Tommy is right when he says it promotes it, cause it does for some people...Which is very sad considering it's just a pointless number!

As long as the hardcore postwhores (Although i'm guilty of postwhoring, I just talk and reply to people. I don't post to boost my pointless number for the lulz. I'm mainly a Sports discussing member anyway and I stay in that sub-forum for that :)) just post in the #Megathread and CBOT thread I think we're good.

Besides, doesn't postwhoring just mean Frank gets more money off the adverts? lol

Broc
02-16-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't think I said I liked it. If I did, well call me a hypocrite, I was wrong.

And while postwhores do indeed make postwhores, this feature is encouraging those people to postwhore even harder because of their need to postwhore.
Look, even another postwhoring thread has been created
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?14393-Anything!
We already had the CBOT thread for that purpose, why the need for another?

EWN has a good rep, this excess postwhoring isn't going to enhance that rep, it'll take away from it.

Well that's simple, the thread is pointless, you close it.... not that hard.

But the thing is, getting rid of this feature isn't going to stop anyone from postwhoring, because regardless, you'll have guys like B-Mac who have 100 posts per day, and guys like giddy who have 40+ posts per day, or someone like me who gets 30 per day (even though I've barely had any the past few weeks)

So, we can get rid of the feature, but in the long run, I don't think it will change the way posters post.

Iron Ape
02-16-2012, 09:32 PM
The prevailing mentality around here these days seems to be quantity over quality, and that really sucks.

Tommy Thunder
02-16-2012, 09:39 PM

But the thing is, getting rid of this feature isn't going to stop anyone from postwhoring, because regardless, you'll have guys like B-Mac who have 100 posts per day, and guys like giddy who have 40+ posts per day, or someone like me who gets 30 per day (even though I've barely had any the past few weeks)

So, we can get rid of the feature, but in the long run, I don't think it will change the way posters post.

Nobody said anything about stopping postwhoring. That's impossible. The only realistic way to do that is to ban people if they post more than X amount of posts per day, and that is ridiculous since we'd be banning 10's of people every day at that rate!

I'm on about minimizing postwhoring, and a feature like this top 10 of the day thing insights competition amongst the postwhorers and encourages them to post more and more so that they are on top.

S.E. Zero
02-16-2012, 09:42 PM
I think it will only show how much people consider this place to be their only form of acquiring social skills, entertainment or any other thing they can think but I mean come on there's school, going out to the movies, work, facebook, etc.

For pete's sake its just a number, I used to be one of 'em but now these new guys put most of us to shame on how much they care about postwhoring in very short of time rather than enjoy the forum for what it is.

Lets see if this new feature will be a blessing but it most likely be a curse.

Giddy
02-16-2012, 09:59 PM

The thing is I don't post for a high post count. I come on here when I'm bored, and I'm bored a lot so I spend a lot of time on here. I like the guys on here, and I enjoy chatting with them, and that accumulates a lot of posts.

K2Jelly
02-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Despite being a member of "The Kliq", I don't even postwhore. I only really use the "#MegaThread" to hang out with my friends on here. Other than that, I try to have discussions about wrestling, sports, etc. like everybody else.

B-MCINTYRE
02-16-2012, 10:03 PM
The thing is I don't post for a high post count. I come on here when I'm bored, and I'm bored a lot so I spend a lot of time on here. I like the guys on here, and I enjoy chatting with them, and that accumulates a lot of posts.

I have to agree with Giddy.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-16-2012, 10:11 PM
hell i've cut back on my postwhoring now

pauadrian
02-16-2012, 10:55 PM
I have to agree with Giddy.

nah you just post a lot

eyehatecena
02-16-2012, 11:57 PM

I didn't even know about the feature until just now. I rarely ever post outside if the eFed section anymore. But meh, does not matter to me if the features stays or goes

KJ PUNK
02-17-2012, 12:40 AM
I think it needs to be removed. Sure it's cool and all, but look who's number one right now: Shaz11. The EXACT same person who started ANOTHER pointless thread in Tea Spot. I think that the CBOT thread should be enough and close the rest.

Giddy
02-17-2012, 12:41 AM
I think it needs to be removed. Sure it's cool and all, but look who's number one right now: Shaz11. The EXACT same person who started ANOTHER pointless thread in Tea Spot. I think that the CBOT thread should be enough and close the rest.
Except the #Megathread, because that's where all the hashtags are kept at.

The Brown One
02-17-2012, 12:44 AM

It's not against the rules to start long and pointless threads yet.

Except the #Megathread, because that's where all the hashtags are kept at.

There could be another solution: stop hashtagging altogether. Hashtags don't add ANYTHING to posts.

Giddy
02-17-2012, 12:48 AM

There could be another solution: stop hashtagging altogether. Hashtags don't add ANYTHING to posts.
Or instead of pissing people off and outright banning it, we could avoid confrontation and just keep it in that thread, and people who don't like hashtagging don't have to click on it. Simple as that. It's banned everywhere else. If someone didn't like hashtags, why would they click on the HASHTAG megathread? Just stay out of that thread and you'll never have to see it.

KJ PUNK
02-17-2012, 12:52 AM

But when you start a pointless thread when there's already THREE in the Tea Spot (CBOT, #Megathread, Postwhore Thread) then it's Spamming, which IS against the rules.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-17-2012, 01:03 AM
this add-on is beyond retarded IMO

Amerinaine
02-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Let the Hashtag Mafia keep their thread. Keep Chocolate Blades of Thunder. Merge Anything with Chocolate Blades of Thunder. Get rid of the Top 10 Daily posters. Problem solved.

KJ PUNK
02-17-2012, 01:23 AM
Let the Hashtag Mafia keep their thread. Keep Chocolate Blades of Thunder. Merge Anything with Chocolate Blades of Thunder. Get rid of the Top 10 Daily posters. Problem solved.

Just close the Anything thread. No need to muddy the waters of the perfect CBOT :P

Frank
02-17-2012, 01:43 AM
well it sounds like most people dislike this feature. I'll go ahead and remove it.

See... I listen...

Amerinaine
02-17-2012, 01:46 AM
well it sounds like most people dislike this feature. I'll go ahead and remove it.

See... I listen...

You would think with the way some folks gripe about the mods, that you all never listened.

Frank
02-17-2012, 01:49 AM
Clever... I was actually in Joplin MO last year. I did a report on the tornado and got on CNN. How's the recovery these days?

Amerinaine
02-17-2012, 01:51 AM
Fantastic actually. It sucked being in the tornado zone. Tuscaloosa is worse off. They are going to demolition the High School finally, which is still ahead of schedule. I'd say in about 3yrs, you'll barely know that we got hit by the 6th worst Tornado in US history.

Amerinaine
02-17-2012, 01:53 AM
The worst of it actually is the mental trauma. I still think that some folks around here are blocking everything out about that day, which isn't the best thing to do.

The Brown One
02-17-2012, 02:12 AM
Or instead of pissing people off and outright banning it, we could avoid confrontation and just keep it in that thread, and people who don't like hashtagging don't have to click on it. Simple as that. It's banned everywhere else. If someone didn't like hashtags, why would they click on the HASHTAG megathread? Just stay out of that thread and you'll never have to see it.

Fair enough. Although we had to put up with people hashtagging in every thread for over a month, before the hashtag thread was created. It derailed several threads and added nothing to the discussion.

But when you start a pointless thread when there's already THREE in the Tea Spot (CBOT, #Megathread, Postwhore Thread) then it's Spamming, which IS against the rules.

Well aren't those threads all started by different people?

KJ PUNK
02-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Well aren't those threads all started by different people?

What difference does it make who started it? I'm going to link to the page right now and rest my case.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?14393-Anything!/page31

That is spam and a bannable offense.

Tomsta666
02-17-2012, 12:47 PM
What difference does it make who started it? I'm going to link to the page right now and rest my case.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?14393-Anything!/page31

I agree. Although i wouldn't call for bans. I did try to be polite about it! :p

Steve Austin
02-17-2012, 12:55 PM

See... I listen...

Damn! I liked the feature, it won't change anything. People postwhore in 2 threads, so what! Stop moaning and stay away from those threads!

Destruction
02-17-2012, 12:58 PM
I admit to postwhoring yesterday. I believe I posted a filler in the Biggest Postwhore Thread to a) improve my post count and b) get a few laughs. The end of it will limit the postwhoring now (or postslut in Billy's case:) )

Tommy Thunder
02-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Damn! I liked the feature, it won't change anything. People postwhore in 2 threads, so what! Stop moaning and stay away from those threads!

As I said in my OP, the postwhoring was spreading to other threads too.

Good decision to remove IMO.

IrkenInvader
02-17-2012, 02:57 PM

As long as you keep it in there its fine. Having one or two hashtags when you like what was posted is fine. But when entire pages are devoted to saying: #damnstraightcheif #yousirareagenius, stupid shit that goes nowhere conversationally, people get annoyed.

Giddy
02-17-2012, 04:08 PM
As long as you keep it in there its fine. Having one or two hashtags when you like what was posted is fine. But when entire pages are devoted to saying: #damnstraightcheif #yousirareagenius, stupid shit that goes nowhere conversationally, people get annoyed.
Hashtagging is just kept in that thread. I get that people don't like it in other discussions, which is why I agree it should only be in that thread. I'm fully with everyone that hashtagging shouldn't be used outside of the thread.

pauadrian
02-17-2012, 05:43 PM

ITS NOT A MAFIA
its a clique

anyways we need a new spam section

Sully
02-17-2012, 05:49 PM
ITS NOT A MAFIA
its a clique

anyways we need a new spam section

So the thread below and Frank's response.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?14480-Spam-Section

The Brown One
02-17-2012, 07:34 PM

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?14393-Anything!/page31 (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?14393-Anything%21/page31)

There is quite a lot of crap in there. Stuff that has NOTHING to do with wrestling, sports, or anything worthwhile. Kinda sad that it get's people's post count up when it doesn't contribute anything to EWN.

Polly-Pablo
02-17-2012, 07:43 PM
I am glad I wasn't on here when that particular section was included.

There used to be a time on EWN when people came on here to discuss wrestling, sports and music. Every now and then you would get a 'spam' thread, where we all kicked back and had a little fun derailing the thread...but that was our little outlet...and seen as it was in the Spam section, it didn't count towards the 'post count score'!

Lately, EWN seems to have acquired a lot more posters who want to be 'top 10' and post purely to get their count up to the required level. There seems to be more 'trolls' and, sadly, less and less from the original posters. I miss the guys that used to post with me around here, it appears the more the new breed post, the less we get from those we used to be able to have a good old discussion with. I, for one, would like to see them come back.

So, I'm all for this being deleted and for the Spam section to stay gone.

Robstar
02-17-2012, 07:51 PM
There's too many members now who all want their 5 seconds of posting glory making duplicate threads with only slight variations. Then they piss and moan that their threads get merged, I swear 90% of postwhoring is complaints of some kind.

SLEEPY LOCO1
02-17-2012, 08:19 PM

There used to be a time on EWN when people came on here to discuss wrestling, sports and music. Every now and then you would get a 'spam' thread, where we all kicked back and had a little fun derailing the thread...but that was our little outlet...and seen as it was in the Spam section, it didn't count towards the 'post count score'!

Lately, EWN seems to have acquired a lot more posters who want to be 'top 10' and post purely to get their count up to the required level. There seems to be more 'trolls' and, sadly, less and less from the original posters. I miss the guys that used to post with me around here, it appears the more the new breed post, the less we get from those we used to be able to have a good old discussion with. I, for one, would like to see them come back.

This has been the way I have felt here for the last few months.

This site was alot more fun a year ago, now I barely ever want to post.

Daffy Duck's Finest
02-17-2012, 08:30 PM
This has been the way I have felt here for the last few months.

This site was alot more fun a year ago, now I barely ever want to post.

Exactly.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good thread to host a good debate, but there has been a huge decline in these. Yes, I admit, I started a thread about sandwiches - but that was for the good intention of discovering new thing to try, plus it seemed like an original idea for a thread in the Tea Spot... which seems to be lacking in recent history.

I respect you guys and girls that have been with EWN for a long time. More so that the 'New Breed'. It takes time to garner a good reputation on this site, in addition to the knowledge and respect of others... not the amount you post in a small space of time.

Robstar
02-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Exactly.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good thread to host a good debate, but there has been a huge decline in these. Yes, I admit, I started a thread about sandwiches - but that was for the good intention of discovering new thing to try, plus it seemed like an original idea for a thread in the Tea Spot... which seems to be lacking in recent history.

I respect you guys and girls that have been with EWN for a long time. More so that the 'New Breed'. It takes time to garner a good reputation on this site, in addition to the knowledge and respect of others... not the amount you post in a small space of time.

Or replies like this. What this guy said^^^^

Shaz11
02-17-2012, 08:57 PM
My 'Anything' thread is the ONLY thread I do my Post whoring on! (and the hashtag one). Whereas other normal threads, in the WWE/TNA/ROH, etc. sections I will post normally!

Sully
02-17-2012, 08:58 PM
My 'Anything' thread is the ONLY thread I do my Post whoring on! (and the hashtag one). Whereas other normal threads, in the WWE/TNA/ROH, etc. sections I will post normally!

Your "Anything" thread is not postwhoring, it is spam.

Shaz11
02-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Your "Anything" thread is not postwhoring, it is spam.

A big NO to that. If you don't like it, stop looking at the thread itself. I made it for Postwhores, not PostBitchers!

S.E. Zero
02-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Exactly.

Well said, bro. If I could've put an applause gif I would've but every time I tried it said it was ''too large'' (Thats what she said ;)) but a very, very accurate statement indeed.

Shaz11
02-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Anyway, I ain't looking for no argument! I'm just saying you shouldn't look at the thread if you don't like it.

Sully
02-17-2012, 09:08 PM
A big NO to that. If you don't like it, stop looking at the thread itself. I made it for Postwhores, not PostBitchers!

Look at the last ten pages, more then that. You did nothing but count, each post "1.........." "2..........." "3......." For pages, pages! THAT IS SPAM.

The first thing you're supposed to do when you sign up to a forum, not just here, but ANY forum, is read the rules. The rules clearly state, and it seems like I'm always quoting this damn thing...

Spamming: Posting pointless, stupid, or just simply annoying messages will get you a warning. 1 point will be added to your infraction total. If you have nothing related to say to the topic take it to the Spam Section of the site where this rule doesn't apply.

The entire "Anything" thread was pointless...well, I admit, some people did attempt to post some actual things. I read a creepypasta story about Rugrats posted by Giddy there, but all of YOUR posts are not only pointless, but they are spam.

If I don't like it, don't look at it? What about the inappropriate images posted in the Spam Section earlier in the year. Should Frank have responded to the advertisers "If 'ya don't like it, don't look at it" No he should not have. Can a teacher wear a t-shirt with all sorts of profanity on it while teacher a 1st Grade class, and tell her students "Class, if you don't like it, don't look at it."

Spam floods the forum. Do you like logging into your email account and seeing millions of messages from advertisers? What about my post count? I'm not exactly one to obsess over how high my post count is, but I do know that some people do take pride in their posts, posts they actually worked hard on. When they log on and see a guy who is posting pointless posts, doing nothing but counting, has risen higher them them on the Top Posters list, it's a little heartbreaking.

Shaz11
02-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks dude!

Not in a sexual manner ;)

Tommy Thunder
02-17-2012, 09:40 PM

There's too many members now who all want their 5 seconds of posting glory making duplicate threads with only slight variations. Then they piss and moan that their threads get merged, I swear 90% of postwhoring is complaints of some kind.

Thanks both for the support.

I strongly believe that the new feature encouraged postwhoreing. Something EWN doesn't need. I'm glad that it's been deleted.

Shaz11
02-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Okay everyone. I would like all off you people to join my Anything thread. I will start new discussions each day however, Hashtags and my catchphrases are still gonna be wrote. I can't live without em.

VanHooliganX
02-17-2012, 09:46 PM
*Very big sigh*

Red corner - The postwhores/newfags

Blue corner - The qualitywhores/oldfags

I'm completely in Limbo here...
I'm a few weeks shy of 1 year on EWN so I'm not new or old.
Other problem is my high post count. I get the feeling being in the top 10 is a frowned upon thing? Sure. I'm a postwhore, I reply to people in CBOT and Hashtag. I've derailed a few threads sometimes and played a few of the forum post games (Association game for example). But I EFed and IC in EWA and talk about HWA-related things in there thread and I'm a very big sports fan, I love to talk about sports and most of my posts are found there and on-topic.

I post this BS about me cause I don't want to be blamed as part of the problem of this. Okay I'm not part of the solution but I hardly feel I'm part of the problem :S

Can we just close just that crappy anything thread, stop The Tea Spot adding 1 to peoples postcount and let people who post in CBOT post interesting stuff they find and let the hashtaggers hashtag chat in that thread.

Then both sides are happy. (Or should be)

:) Feels good to get that off my chest.

bearkg88
02-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Anyway, I ain't looking for no argument! I'm just saying you shouldn't look at the thread if you don't like it.

Look at the last ten pages, more then that. You did nothing but count, each post "1.........." "2..........." "3......." For pages, pages! THAT IS SPAM.

The first thing you're supposed to do when you sign up to a forum, not just here, but ANY forum, is read the rules. The rules clearly state, and it seems like I'm always quoting this damn thing...

The entire "Anything" thread was pointless...well, I admit, some people did attempt to post some actual things. I read a creepypasta story about Rugrats posted by Giddy there, but all of YOUR posts are not only pointless, but they are spam.

If I don't like it, don't look at it? What about the inappropriate images posted in the Spam Section earlier in the year. Should Frank have responded to the advertisers "If 'ya don't like it, don't look at it" No he should not have. Can a teacher wear a t-shirt with all sorts of profanity on it while teacher a 1st Grade class, and tell her students "Class, if you don't like it, don't look at it."

Spam floods the forum. Do you like logging into your email account and seeing millions of messages from advertisers? What about my post count? I'm not exactly one to obsess over how high my post count is, but I do know that some people do take pride in their posts, posts they actually worked hard on. When they log on and see a guy who is posting pointless posts, doing nothing but counting, has risen higher them them on the Top Posters list, it's a little heartbreaking.

Sully has a point Shaz. Look at it from this aspect. While I know your "anything" thread mainly you and giddy use, and a few others post something once in a while, I get on and look through any new posts, because I like to look for people to debate with and share my opinion with, and the last day or so I just see random stuff from you, like sully point out, the 1.....2...3... thing. Like what is really the point of that? To get your post count up? What if every member of the EWN board wanted their own section so they could post random things just to get there post count super high. Yes it might stay in the Tea Spot section, that section would be flooded with pointless threads. My point is, if you are wanting to raise your post count, why not only post things that have depth to me? and if all you are wanting to do is having pointless conversation with giddy or anyone else, why not just write on their wall thing in their profile or PM them? j

Sully
02-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Or think about this. If you were talking to someone on instant messenger, or even real life...would you really say those types of things? People would look at you like you're crazy.

The Anything thread needs to stop, quite frankly. Or improve, one or the other. There is already several other threads based around the very same topic though, and even they can stay under control.

Shaz11
02-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Or think about this. If you were talking to someone on instant messenger, or even real life...would you really say those types of things? People would look at you like you're crazy.

The Anything thread needs to stop, quite frankly. Or improve, one or the other. There is already several other threads based around the very same topic though, and even they can stay under control.

I just commented above look at the comment. I'm still waiting for answers guys! Yes or no ;)

VanHooliganX
02-17-2012, 10:04 PM

I believe it has been merged with CBOT now.

Shaz11
02-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Could I start a new Anything thread? but this time I'll add discussions about football, add polls, etc. Don't mInd if you say no

Giddy
02-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Could I start a new Anything thread? but this time I'll add discussions about football, add polls, etc. Don't mInd if you say no
The reason they merged it is the "Chocolate Blades of Thunder" thread is Anything, it's just not called "Anything"... Sorry bro :(

Shaz11
02-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Oh well I'm still carrying on with the Not in a sexual manner ;)

The Brown One
02-17-2012, 10:22 PM

Very well said.

Okay everyone. I would like all off you people to join my Anything thread. I will start new discussions each day however, Hashtags and my catchphrases are still gonna be wrote. I can't live without em.

What's the point of posting in that thread when it's likely going to lead to pointless crap anyway?

Steve Austin
02-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Oh well I'm still carrying on with the Not in a sexual manner ;)

You must, it's gold!

Shaz11
02-17-2012, 10:24 PM
If it did lead to pointless shiz then I'll just start a new discussion ;)

Polly-Pablo
02-17-2012, 10:26 PM
What's the point of posting in that thread when it's likely going to lead to pointless crap anyway?

TBO - It's easier to just leave it and carry on posting as you have been - this is a 'discussion' that could run and run......

Shaz11
02-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Well I lost this one. At least I was decent at the end, no one needs to be a dick now! I still have to carry on with da catchphrases though!

B-MCINTYRE
02-17-2012, 10:30 PM
TBO - It's easier to just leave it and carry on posting as you have been - this is a 'discussion' that could run and run......

So in effect, the post-whoring led to a great lengthy discussion that had no effect on post counts?

Polly-Pablo
02-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Well I lost this one. At least I was decent at the end, no one needs to be a dick now! I still have to carry on with da catchphrases though!

I don't think anyone was trying to be a 'dick' as you put it - just discussing their views on the subject - which is what the forum is for - discussion. Nobody can stop you doing what you want to do - as long as it stays within the rules - that's all people were saying.

If you want to make a thread for pointless discussion - make it, but discuss stuff.....see what I mean? There are ways and means, you just have to have something people can expand on.

SouthernBlood
02-17-2012, 10:34 PM
id just like to say for the record and without getting into the overall discussion,that postwhore is a ridiculous term.

B-MCINTYRE
02-17-2012, 10:35 PM
id just like to say for the record and without getting into the overall discussion,that postwhore is a ridiculous term.

I agree Post Slut is a much better use of terminology.

Polly-Pablo
02-17-2012, 10:36 PM

You have a point there...............I never thought about it before really.......good call

Polly-Pablo
02-17-2012, 10:36 PM
So in effect, the post-whoring led to a great lengthy discussion that had no effect on post counts?

You are correct young Jedi....

bearkg88
02-17-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't think anyone was trying to be a 'dick' as you put it - just discussing their views on the subject - which is what the forum is for - discussion. Nobody can stop you doing what you want to do - as long as it stays within the rules - that's all people were saying.

If you want to make a thread for pointless discussion - make it, but discuss stuff.....see what I mean? There are ways and means, you just have to have something people can expand on.

Exactly Polly. I have nothing against Shaz or Austin or Giddy or anything else that wants to be a "postwhore" as some of said, but I just didn't see a point in having numerous threads all basically doing the same thing.

B-MCINTYRE
02-17-2012, 10:38 PM
You are correct young Jedi....

Does that make you Princess Leia?
Use the force!

Giddy
02-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Use the force!
I'm totally R2-D2... He's awesome. Or an ewok

Steve Austin
02-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Exactly Polly. I have nothing against Shaz or Austin or Giddy or anything else that wants to be a "postwhore" as some of said, but I just didn't see a point in having numerous threads all basically doing the same thing.

Did it in two threads and it was what those threads were for, same as Giddy and Shaz.

Giddy
I don't postwhore. I have enlightening posts every single time I put my fingers to this keyboard. I'm a visionary.

(If anyone didn't catch on, I was kidding)

Polly-Pablo

Sometimes it just needs to be said in a rational and composed manner, I tend to believe that 99% of the users here, are here genuinely to be cool and discuss topics - if you talk to them rationally, they see your point - EWN just has a habit of going so far with that before we degenerate down the route of 'you're a dick', 'no, you're a dick'....:)

Use the force!

Dammit man, I have decent hair!:p

Steve Austin
I'm flying Hans tonight!

B-MCINTYRE
02-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Sometimes it just needs to be said in a rational and composed manner, I tend to believe that 99% of the users here, are here genuinely to be cool and discuss topics - if you talk to them rationally, they see your point - EWN just has a habit of going so far with that before we degenerate down the route of 'you're a dick', 'no, you're a dick'....:)

Dammit man, I have decent hair!:p

So besides the hair... :p

Robstar
02-17-2012, 10:52 PM
I am strongly considering asking for the whole postcounts to be removed entirely from both the 'Top Ten' and peoples profiles altogether. that should solve the matter.

But at the end of the day, what does it really matter? Doesn't anybody have anything better to do than gripe about this? This is a large part of the problem - this site is not as fun because there's too much ragging on what others are doing.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-17-2012, 10:58 PM
I am strongly considering asking for the whole postcounts to be removed entirely from both the 'Top Ten' and peoples profiles altogether. that should solve the matter.

But at the end of the day, what does it really matter? Doesn't anybody have anything better to do than gripe about this? This is a large part of the problem - this site is not as fun because there's too much ragging on what others are doing.

I agree with you Rob this has become stupid, I can't discuss something on here anymore without getting distracted by pointless spam

Steve Austin
02-17-2012, 10:58 PM

This right here.

It's like the end of a South Park episode :D

Robstar
02-17-2012, 11:21 PM
And on that note, I'm closing this