PDA

View Full Version : EWN E-Fed Fantasy Baseball League

Pages : [1] 2

RomanFlare
02-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Alright, so I decided to set up a JBW Baseball League. But, because of a less than 10 turn out, I've decided to open it up to EWNCW (and maybe others, but I assume most people are in either JBW or EWNCW anyway). Here's what's posted on the JBW website:

How many people would be interested in an EWN E-Fed Fantasy Baseball League? It'd be run off of Yahoo's system just for convince. If I can get some interest, then we'll start talking how to work it.

Invite: PM only

Roster
JBW
Rome
Jman
Rob
Rehmix
Broc
Dubs

EWNCW
AirBourne

Other
KJ Punk

Draft Style: Live (You can preset your preferences and the system will pick accordingly if you're not there).

Divisions: While the players are listed by E-Fed, unless I can rope in an even number of JBW and EWNCW (or other) players, we'll stick up Smackdown vs Raw style.

Style: Head-to-head Weekly. From Monday to Sunday, you're facing off with one other team. Whoever leads (accumulatively) in a category by the end of Sunday night EST takes the category. Whoever wins the most categories in a weekly matchup takes the win. So, if I beat Jman 3-2 in categories, I get 1 win and he gets one loss.

RomanFlare
02-17-2012, 01:37 PM
No takers? If people outside of EWNCW (or E-Feds in general) wanna play too, I'm more than happy to just make it the "EWN Baseball League" and split the divisions along Raw and Smackdown.

thejman93
02-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Come on people!

RomanFlare
02-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Come on people!

Eh, we've got 6 JBW and two non, so that's a perfect 8 right now. And seeing as it'll only work if we add pairs...

thejman93
02-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Eh, we've got 6 JBW and two non, so that's a perfect 8 right now. And seeing as it'll only work if we add pairs...

I'd give it a few more days

People 'll come around.

RomanFlare
02-17-2012, 02:05 PM
I'd give it a few more days

People 'll come around.

I'll give it a few more weeks--though, don't forget to use the JBW invite so I can laugh at your stupid team names ;)

thejman93
02-17-2012, 02:08 PM
I'll give it a few more weeks--though, don't forget to use the JBW invite so I can laugh at your stupid team names ;)

Holy is probably gonna name his after a Backstreet Boy or something. :D

RomanFlare
02-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Holy is probably gonna name his after a Backstreet Boy or something. :D

Holy isn't playing o.O Or did I miss him chiming in?

thejman93
02-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Holy isn't playing o.O Or did I miss him chiming in?

I thought he was?

I guess not.

RomanFlare
02-17-2012, 04:38 PM
I thought he was?

I guess not.

I've come up with names for all the JBW members (quality not guaranteed):

Jumping Jmen
Rob Stars
Broc Colis
Rhemix Beats
S.E. Z's (He hasn't officially joined yet)
Dubs Wub Wubs (My favorite)

Rehmix
02-18-2012, 01:57 AM
I've come up with names for all the JBW members (quality not guaranteed):

Quite enjoy these names. We still need more!

RomanFlare
02-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Quite enjoy these names. We still need more!

I really like Dubs Wub Wubs. But yeah, 2, 4, or 6 more players would be great. Even 8 more would be pretty epic and create a lot of competition and insanity.

RomanFlare
02-22-2012, 05:42 PM
I really like Dubs Wub Wubs. But yeah, 2, 4, or 6 more players would be great. Even 8 more would be pretty epic and create a lot of competition and insanity.

Alright--invite friends and what not. Even non-EWN people. I'm tempted to just nail it down at eight, but if anyone wants to invite someone else, go for it.

RomanFlare
02-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Screw it, we're stopping at 8--once Rob and Dubs sign up, I'll finalize the team list and start on the rivalries:

Rob-Rome
Air-KJPunk
Broc-Dubs
Jman-Rehmix

These aren't finalized and can easily be edited, but the Hat picked these pairings (on the first try too! No divisional overlap or nothing :D)

Broc
02-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Screw it, we're stopping at 8--once Rob and Dubs sign up, I'll finalize the team list and start on the rivalries:

Rob-Rome
Air-KJPunk
Broc-Dubs
Jman-Rehmix

These aren't finalized and can easily be edited, but the Hat picked these pairings (on the first try too! No divisional overlap or nothing :D)

I don't know, I think you cheated to rival yourself with R(ob) Lol.

I'm against DUBS? I'm honored...

btw Romes, what do you think of my team name? Pretty epic huh?

RomanFlare
02-24-2012, 09:07 PM
I don't know, I think you cheated to rival yourself with R(ob) Lol.

I'm against DUBS? I'm honored...

btw Romes, what do you think of my team name? Pretty epic huh?

No. :( I'm scared of Rob--I think he'll be the second best team in the league (behind me). I wanted Broc to make it easy on me--oops.

:D

Broc
02-24-2012, 09:10 PM
No. :( I'm scared of Rob--I think he'll be the second best team in the league (behind me). I wanted Broc to make it easy on me--oops.

:D

Well I've only been watching MLB for like 2 years, so you might have it easy, lol. Won't know anywhere near as much there as I do with football. Still though, I expect to win by pure luck! :)

RomanFlare
02-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Well I've only been watching MLB for like 2 years, so you might have it easy, lol. Won't know anywhere near as much there as I do with football. Still though, I expect to win by pure luck! :)

I can't wait for football--I expect to hit the 20 team limit. It's gonna be AWESOME (and terrible because I'll have to pad my team with scout team members most likely).

Broc
02-24-2012, 09:14 PM
I can't wait for football--I expect to hit the 20 team limit. It's gonna be AWESOME (and terrible because I'll have to pad my team with scout team members most likely).

over 16 is a huge no no in Fantasy football. Think about it, how many starting QBs are in the NFL? 32, so if you have 20 teams, then some people will be left with one QB. 16 should always be the highest you go to.

RomanFlare
02-24-2012, 09:16 PM
over 16 is a huge no no in Fantasy football. Think about it, how many starting QBs are in the NFL? 32, so if you have 20 teams, then some people will be left with one QB. 16 should always be the highest you go to.

That's a good point, I didn't think about that one. Darn, I kinda wanted four 5-team divisions. Oh well.

Broc
02-24-2012, 09:22 PM
So, not sure if you would be able to do this, but I'll throw it out there, have you considered doing a keeper league at all for this?

RomanFlare
02-24-2012, 09:26 PM
So, not sure if you would be able to do this, but I'll throw it out there, have you considered doing a keeper league at all for this?

There are a few options with for it on Yahoo, but I can't do anything until the team list is finalized. Even then I'll wait and see if people are happy with it and interested in doing it next year--then I/we will decide. Even now I'm stuck on how big the playoffs will be (4/6/8).

Broc
02-24-2012, 09:29 PM
There are a few options with for it on Yahoo, but I can't do anything until the team list is finalized. Even then I'll wait and see if people are happy with it and interested in doing it next year--then I/we will decide. Even now I'm stuck on how big the playoffs will be (4/6/8).

With only 8 people, 4 seems fair to me. 6 might work, but even then, only 2 teams end up missing, so I personally like 4.

RomanFlare
02-24-2012, 09:31 PM
With only 8 people, 4 seems fair to me. 6 might work, but even then, only 2 teams end up missing, so I personally like 4.

8 creates no drama (expect maybe at the top for the coveted easy road, #1)

6 creates a lot of drama: Top 2 seeds (bye), #1 Seed (Easiest Road), and battles to avoid getting their asses kicked out.

4 creates the same amount of drama as 6, except the middle of the standings will battle it out. 6 allows in more people--I like 6 or 4 (although I like 4 better because Fantasy Bye Weeks are stupid).

Edit: I'm wrong--all teams would get to play in the playoffs, but the non "playoff" teams would get put in the consolation rounds! #7 and #8 would play to NOT be last I think.

Daffy Duck's Finest
02-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Darn it, I've only just seen this. I would have gladly joined if it was a simple Yahoo league to make up numbers. Ah well, maybe net time.

Good luck guys!

RomanFlare
02-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Darn it, I've only just seen this. I would have gladly joined if it was a simple Yahoo league to make up numbers. Ah well, maybe net time.

Good luck guys!

If you can find another member to pad our numbers one more time (We HAVE to have an even number of teams), you can join! I think SE Zero was interested, I'll ask.

Daffy Duck's Finest
02-24-2012, 10:08 PM
If you can find another member to pad our numbers one more time (We HAVE to have an even number of teams), you can join! I think SE Zero was interested, I'll ask.

I don't want to give you any hassle, after it seems as though you finally set out your plans. But I'll keep tabs on this thread just in case :)

RomanFlare
02-24-2012, 10:09 PM
I don't want to give you any hassle, after it seems as though you finally set out your plans. But I'll keep tabs on this thread just in case :)

No, it's completely fine--it's really easy for me to add in two more teams to my plans (or more, actually). There just weren't any sign ups since like... the day I started this thread, so I thought all the interested people had already seen it.

Daffy Duck's Finest
02-24-2012, 10:14 PM
No, it's completely fine--it's really easy for me to add in two more teams to my plans (or more, actually). There just weren't any sign ups since like... the day I started this thread, so I thought all the interested people had already seen it.

Yeah, I barely wander into the realms of the sports threads simply due to the lack of NHL discussion, and copious amounts of football threads. People don't realize that, on occasion, a gem comes out of this section, especially in fantasy terms (as I'm quite a serious fantasy hockey/ baseball/ soccer addict).

RomanFlare
02-24-2012, 10:24 PM
SE Zero said he should have a decision Monday so check back in then. If he's out, I have another person I might be able to rope into it.

Broc
02-24-2012, 10:30 PM
SE Zero said he should have a decision Monday so check back in then. If he's out, I have another person I might be able to rope into it.

If needed, I could ask Sully if he wants to do it.

Daffy Duck's Finest
02-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Ok shall do. Thanks for trying!

RomanFlare
02-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Daffy Duck's Finest is in and will have a rivalry with SEZ.

This'll make it 5 people a division, so how do you guys want the schedule? Here are two options:

1) 4 games against each Divisional Opponent (16) + 2 Rivalry (18) +1 against each remaining opponent (22)

OR

2) 5 against each Divisional Opponent (20) + 2 Rivalry (22)

Option 1 means you'll fight everyone at least once, 2 creates more mystery. However, #1 MIGHT be our only hope because, with odd divisional numbers, I need to find a way to make sure everyone has a match each week and rivalry matches will only fill 20 weeks worth.

Edit: Updated Rivalry list--

Rob-Rome
Air-KJPunk
Broc-Dubs
Jman-Rehmix
Daffy-SEZ

Week 1 looks like it'll be a rivalry week, so start trash talking >:]

KJ PUNK
02-28-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm gonna DESTROY this league.

RomanFlare
02-28-2012, 01:20 AM
I'm gonna DESTROY this league.

He said in a thick southern accent :|

KJ PUNK
02-28-2012, 01:48 AM
He said in a thick southern accent :|

It's not that thick :P

RomanFlare
02-28-2012, 02:00 AM
It's not that thick :P

Unless you're a girl or chanting "WAR EAGLE!".... :p

KJ PUNK
02-28-2012, 02:52 AM
Unless you're a girl or chanting "WAR EAGLE!".... :p

Ugh I fucking HATE Auburn :mad:

RomanFlare
02-28-2012, 09:49 PM
We're going to go with a 6-team playoff--because that's the only one on Yahoo! that has a consolation bracket. Here's the skinny by seed:

Playoffs -
#1 - Bye Week, gets lowest seed opponent in round two.
#2 - Bye Week, gets other opponent.
#3 - Faces #6 in opening Round
#4 - Faces #5 in opening round.

Consolation-
#7 - Bye, lowest seed opponent second round
#8 - Bye
#9 - Faces #12 in opening
#10 - Faces #11 in opening

Special Games:

3rd Place Game -- Losers of Round 2 playoffs battle in Round 3
5th Place Game -- Losers of playing openers battle in Round 2
7th Place Game -- Consolation Finals
9th Place Game -- Same as 3rd Place, but for Consolation
11th Place Game -- Same as 5th Place, but for Consolation.

The two division winners are guaranteed spots, but not necessarily a seed. Seeds will be based on overall record and the playoffs don't give a damn what division you were in.

Edit: Oh, and if we play again next year, the playoff teams will be on Raw and the Consolation teams will be on Smackdown--A Show, Mutha*****!

RomanFlare
02-29-2012, 11:37 AM
The Schedule is now officially done! Notable Weeks:

Weeks 1 & 20: Rivalry Weeks (marked in Red)
Weeks 8, 9, 14, 15, 17: Interdivisional Weeks.
Week 23: Playoffs start

RomanFlare
02-29-2012, 09:54 PM
I posted this on the message board, but:

Yahoo! can randomize the draft order for us early, so if people would prefer, I can get yahoo! to do the draft order ahead of time so people can plan their draft around their pick number (snaking order, of course).

Edit: Also, we CAN Trade draft picks, but iunno if everyone is going to be down to return next year (and I don't think we can ADD people if we carry info over--draft pick trades and keeper players basically). If everyone is down for it and don't mind this 12-man league staying, then I'll turn on trade draft picks.

Daffy Duck's Finest
03-01-2012, 03:29 AM
I don't mind this being a keeper league for the next few years, but I would guess that some people might want in next year after the unsurprising success this league will be.
I also voted 'no' in the pre-determined draft positions. I want the first picks to be like the Royal Rumble - and surprise us on the day!

Also, could we discuss the draft time? Could we do it on Friday 23rd instead of 24th?

RomanFlare
03-01-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't mind this being a keeper league for the next few years, but I would guess that some people might want in next year after the unsurprising success this league will be.
I also voted 'no' in the pre-determined draft positions. I want the first picks to be like the Royal Rumble - and surprise us on the day!

Also, could we discuss the draft time? Could we do it on Friday 23rd instead of 24th?

Friday the 23rd at 5 pm EST (10 pm GMT) sound good to everyone?

Broc
03-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Friday the 23rd at 5 pm EST (10 pm GMT) sound good to everyone?

That could be a problem for me, I usually don't get home on Friday until like 6, so around 7 on that same day would be more convenient for me :)

KJ PUNK
03-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Why don't we just make it at like 11 p.m. or something? That way everyone's sure to be home and stuff.

RomanFlare
03-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Why don't we just make it at like 11 p.m. or something? That way everyone's sure to be home and stuff.

We do have one English (UK) player :/ If he's fine with it, I am. That might leave Rob out, though.

KJ PUNK
03-02-2012, 01:55 AM
We do have one English (UK) player :/ If he's fine with it, I am. That might leave Rob out, though.

Well if it's 11 here then it's like 9 or 10 am there right?

Daffy Duck's Finest
03-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Well if it's 11 here then it's like 9 or 10 am there right?

If it's 11pm your time (Eastern), it's 4am UK time. Usually that wouldn't be a problem, but I have to get up early to catch a train to my friend's birthday. But if you could do any other days apart from the Friday night and Saturday, I'll be ok with whatever time.

RomanFlare
03-04-2012, 01:34 AM
The Draft time has (officially) been moved to Sunday March 25th at 5 PM EST (10 pm GMT).

Daffy Duck's Finest
03-04-2012, 03:22 AM
The Draft time has (officially) been moved to Sunday March 25th at 5 PM EST (10 pm GMT).

Nice one! :)

RomanFlare
03-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Draft is in less than 48 hours!

Broc
03-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Draft is in less than 48 hours!

Thanks for the reminder as my memory is terrible.

RomanFlare
03-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Just over an hour left before draft time! Remember to show up 5-10 minutes early--the draft will start exactly at 5 pm EST. The system is prompt.

thejman93
03-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Just over an hour left before draft time! Remember to show up 5-10 minutes early--the draft will start exactly at 5 pm EST. The system is prompt.

Isn't it tomorrow?

Broc
03-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Isn't it tomorrow?

Nope, today.

Sully
03-25-2012, 03:28 PM
I hope no one is planning on basing their draft off of Yahoo's rankings, because they blow. Miguel Cabrerra is number one on their list, he doesn't come until number ten on mine. Plus, the guy might not even be ready to play opening day. But hey, if you want him to be the first pick of the draft, by all means, take him.

How many people are in this league?

AirBourne
03-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Draft in 30 mins, woo! :P

RomanFlare
03-25-2012, 03:36 PM
I hope no one is planning on basing their draft off of Yahoo's rankings, because they blow. Miguel Cabrerra is number one on their list, he doesn't come until number ten on mine. Plus, the guy might not even be ready to play opening day. But hey, if you want him to be the first pick of the draft, by all means, take him.

How many people are in this league?

12 teams. 6 in each division.

The Draft system is up--come and chat! The real draft starts in 25 minutes, but you can open the window and it'll alert you when your pick is up (and when the draft officially starts). Feel free to chat!

Sully
03-25-2012, 03:54 PM
I was editing my rankings, and by the time I got 50, I realized that I couldn't save them anymore because the draft window was opened. Lost about 40 of them, and now I have to do it all over again in the draft window.

And lol, I'm picking last?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/219/882/r-truth-heel-turn_display_image_display_image.jpg?1314088650

This is a conspiracy!

Broc
03-25-2012, 03:55 PM
I was editing my rankings, and by the time I got 50, I realized that I couldn't save them anymore because the draft window was opened. Lost about 40 of them, and now I have to do it all over again in the draft window.

And lol, I'm picking last?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/219/882/r-truth-heel-turn_display_image_display_image.jpg?1314088650

This is a conspiracy!

Why am I pickin' last?

RomanFlare
03-25-2012, 06:11 PM
I think that went well. Very well--I had a lot of fun!

RomanFlare
03-26-2012, 01:06 PM
It's already trading time folks--I'm looking to unload Outfield Star Prospect Bryce Harper for a pitcher. He's in AAA purely because the Natties want another year of arbitration on him. Relief Pitching or Starting Pitching are what I'm looking at--Strikeouts or Saves my key concern. There's a thread on the league message board and he's on the trading block, so offer anywhere.

KJ PUNK
03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
fun draft. my team seems pretty good, yet i have horrible luck in fantasy (injuries, worst season in there careers, etc) so i'm excited to see how it goes

Rehmix
03-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Figures I would pick up a guy who is out all year with tommy john surgery and a pitcher who will be out for "months." Need a 3B please and a SP while I'm at it. Got 1Bs and OFs!

RomanFlare
03-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Figures I would pick up a guy who is out all year with tommy john surgery and a pitcher who will be out for "months." Need a 3B please and a SP while I'm at it. Got 1Bs and OFs!

Lol, that happens. I think Airbourne was looking for some hitting prowess--hit him up.

Daffy Duck's Finest
03-26-2012, 04:39 PM
It's already trading time folks--I'm looking to unload Outfield Star Prospect Bryce Harper for a pitcher. He's in AAA purely because the Natties want another year of arbitration on him. Relief Pitching or Starting Pitching are what I'm looking at--Strikeouts or Saves my key concern. There's a thread on the league message board and he's on the trading block, so offer anywhere.

Usually I'd look into trading with you. But I have too many prospects as it is. I feel like my Philadelphia Flyers right now!

Sully
03-27-2012, 11:17 AM
At this point, I don't think I'm looking to trade anybody. If anyone looks at my team and gives me a respectable offer, I'd look at it and decide whether or not I want to go through with it.

RomanFlare
03-27-2012, 01:47 PM
I should point out that there is a two Game series between the Oakland As and Seattle Wednesday and Thursday. They're playing in Japan (and is the reason we had to do the draft by Sunday). The rest starts in over a week.

thejman93
03-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Ryan Madson is my closer....so....yeah.

thejman93
03-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Trade Alert: The Jumping Jmen have traded SP Trevor Cahill to (whatever Rome's team is called :D) for OF Bryce Harper and CL Joe Nathan.

Daffy Duck's Finest
03-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Ryan Madson is my closer....so....yeah.

Thank heavens for the IR

RomanFlare
03-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Thank heavens for the IR

He's gone for the season, Ryan Madson is really a bad egg for a team right now. He doesn't even have a team for next year (he had a 1 year deal in the Cin City).

thejman93
03-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Thank heavens for the IR

I just released his arse.

Hopefully Joe Nathan doesn't blow up again like he did in Minnesota.

Sully
03-27-2012, 02:28 PM
We were talking about him during the draft, and I said someone who's autodrafting will probably take him. Then shortly after, you took him, and I lol'd.

RomanFlare
03-27-2012, 02:28 PM
I just released his arse.

Hopefully Joe Nathan doesn't blow up again like he did in Minnesota.

Rangers park is a hitters park from what I recall, but Saves only need a lead of 3, so he should get a lot of good situations. Plus all the other stadiums in that division (they play the MOST interdivisional games because the division is thin) are all pitcher friendly. He should be fine. You can check out projected stats on the My Team tab!

thejman93
03-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Rangers park is a hitters park from what I recall, but Saves only need a lead of 3, so he should get a lot of good situations. Plus all the other stadiums in that division (they play the MOST interdivisional games because the division is thin) are all pitcher friendly. He should be fine. You can check out projected stats on the My Team tab!

All true.

Either way, I did the deal for Harper's bat more than anything.

RomanFlare
03-27-2012, 02:42 PM
All true.

Either way, I did the deal for Harper's bat more than anything.

I'm happy to get rid of him, honestly. I had 6 OF eligible players. I needed more pitching (and I wanted Cahill more) than I needed Bryce in the wings.

Daffy Duck's Finest
03-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Is there an option to veto trades in this league? Not that I'm insinuating that I would have vetoed that trade, but I was surprised there wasn't the option.

RomanFlare
03-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Is there an option to veto trades in this league? Not that I'm insinuating that I would have vetoed that trade, but I was surprised there wasn't the option.

Commissioner has to approve every trade. I can set it to let all the managers vote on whether to approve the trade or if it should be commissioner only. The problem I see with the managers is only 1/3rd of the managers have to veto the trade to shoot it down. 8 to 4 is a veto. That, to me, is insane. There's also the problem of not every person being able to log on in a timely fashion to cast votes if necessary. If people want to go this route, we'll try it.

Daffy Duck's Finest
03-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Commissioner has to approve every trade. I can set it to let all the managers vote on whether to approve the trade or if it should be commissioner only. The problem I see with the managers is only 1/3rd of the managers have to veto the trade to shoot it down. 8 to 4 is a veto. That, to me, is insane. There's also the problem of not every person being able to log on in a timely fashion to cast votes if necessary. If people want to go this route, we'll try it.

I'm not fussed. I trust your judgement as commissioner.

Sully
03-28-2012, 11:24 AM
It's better that way, because the other way around, most people don't even pay attention to those emails, and trades take longer to go through.

thejman93
03-28-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm looking to unload 3B Aramis Ramirez.

Any takers?

RomanFlare
03-28-2012, 03:06 PM

Any takers?

Rehmix and Airbourne both have 3B as wants on the trading block. You might try them!

Rehmix
03-28-2012, 08:10 PM

Any takers?

YES! YES! PLEASE!!!!!!!! I Need a starting 3B not one who is the DH and sometimes a 3B.

RomanFlare
03-29-2012, 11:22 AM
I'd find it funny if Jman and Rehmix actually do agree to a trade--two teams playing Week 1 trading with each other? INSANITY!

thejman93
03-29-2012, 11:36 AM
I'd find it funny if Jman and Rehmix actually do agree to a trade--two teams playing Week 1 trading with each other? INSANITY!

Meh, we're all family.

Made you an offer bud.

Rehmix
03-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Meh, we're all family.

Made you an offer bud.

Made who an offer?!?!? I need him man! TRADE WITH ME!

RomanFlare
03-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Made who an offer?!?!? I need him man! TRADE WITH ME!

Check your yahoo! email. If he made the offer to you, you'd have an email.

Daffy Duck's Finest
03-29-2012, 02:56 PM
I kinda feel bad stealing Bonifacio now (if it was Rehmix who wanted him during the draft).

Rehmix
03-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Check your yahoo! email. If he made the offer to you, you'd have an email.
He didn't send me anything, all my stuff get sent to my normal email and I didn't get anything.

I kinda feel bad stealing Bonifacio now (if it was Rehmix who wanted him during the draft).
I mean it's okay. Yeah I wanted him but you got him, even if it was autopick right before me. You weren't the only one to do that to me on draft day. It happened like four times!

RomanFlare
03-31-2012, 04:39 PM
*raises the Commissioner's eyebrow*

What trade is it that Jman offered up? Check your spam, folks.

Ugh, injury bug. Lost an outfielder to the DL for probably a month.

Daffy Duck's Finest
03-31-2012, 10:51 PM
*raises the Commissioner's eyebrow*

What trade is it that Jman offered up? Check your spam, folks.

Ugh, injury bug. Lost an outfielder to the DL for probably a month.

This better be a decent trade given the build up!

As for your outfielder, Trumbo isn't the worst player to have as 4th OF. And he'll probably do Ok to start the season, if he gets an everyday starting spot in the lineup.

RomanFlare
03-31-2012, 10:56 PM
This better be a decent trade given the build up!

As for your outfielder, Trumbo isn't the worst player to have as 4th OF. And he'll probably do Ok to start the season, if he gets an everyday starting spot in the lineup.

Oh, Trumbo is a great back-up. Even if he doesn't start as often as I'd hope, we're taking 10+ dingers. The man has power. Another player on my bench might be able to earn some OF options after a week or two if he gets some starts.

Daffy Duck's Finest
03-31-2012, 11:00 PM
Oh, Trumbo is a great back-up. Even if he doesn't start as often as I'd hope, we're taking 10+ dingers. The man has power. Another player on my bench might be able to earn some OF options after a week or two if he gets some starts.

You're definitely going to be up there on HRs come the end of the season. That should give you an advantage most weeks.

RomanFlare
03-31-2012, 11:05 PM
You're definitely going to be up there on HRs come the end of the season. That should give you an advantage most weeks.

It's Iffy. I've got 6 that are projected over or right around 20 Dingers. Someone WILL get injured and Hamilton is always a bit of a risk, so it's not set in stone. I should go bonkers, but hey. Honestly, I think my best stat will be AVG or Strikeouts (Pitching). But it's purely speculative.

I'm also worried about playing Rob. Jose Bautista is a complete stud. Pablo can rocket pitches out. Not to mention Kinsler and Young. Blah.

Rehmix
04-02-2012, 12:01 PM
No trade for me? I need a 3B please!

Sully
04-03-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't appreciate trying to be ripped off. Just saying that now.

AirBourne
04-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Looking for 3B/SS/P, hit me up guys! lol

RomanFlare
04-04-2012, 02:13 PM
I don't appreciate trying to be ripped off. Just saying that now.

*raises the commissioner's eyebrow* Someone offered you a trade that was clearly one-sided? For shame.

On a semi-related note: I seem to be one of the few who's happy with my SS and 3B depth. I know the talent is kinda sparse there, but huh.

Edit: Also, Airbourne, I'm having a laugh at your expense. Yesterday you dropped a RP and picked up another. Iunno what information you were going on, but the player you picked up is officially second fiddle to the guy you dropped--who is now on waivers. L. O. L. Closer on the waivers, folks!

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Although I haven't got the best 3B and SS's. I'm very happy with Aviles being my backup. Overall I'm not looking for anything right now.

AirBourne
04-04-2012, 07:07 PM
*raises the commissioner's eyebrow* Someone offered you a trade that was clearly one-sided? For shame.

On a semi-related note: I seem to be one of the few who's happy with my SS and 3B depth. I know the talent is kinda sparse there, but huh.

Edit: Also, Airbourne, I'm having a laugh at your expense. Yesterday you dropped a RP and picked up another. Iunno what information you were going on, but the player you picked up is officially second fiddle to the guy you dropped--who is now on waivers. L. O. L. Closer on the waivers, folks!

Yeah I know, lol. Sources were saying Melancon was gonna be closer, but I dunno how Aceves got the job. lol

RomanFlare
04-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Thursday Night/Friday Morning Game Updates
With the weekend coming up, and thus only 3 more days for people to compile stats, here are how the games are currently going!

Roma Legionaries - 2
R(ob)'s Rabid Rats - 6

Rehmix Beats - 4
Jumping Jmen - 3

Airbourne Flyers - 2
Punk's Ice Cream Bars - 8

The Broc Stars - 1
Dub's Wubs Wubs - 7

Quack Attacks - 3
Zero's Nightmares - 4

Sully - 4
Rob's Rhinos - 3

The Raw Division is only leading 1 game, while the Smackdown Division leads 5. Of course, these stats are easily subject to change. As of tonight, every game has at least one stat still tied.

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-05-2012, 09:10 PM
And now Zero is ahead in our match -up, giving another lead to Smackdown.

Don't fear though, I have some favorable match-ups tomorrow!

RomanFlare
04-05-2012, 09:13 PM
And now Zero is ahead in our match -up, giving another lead to Smackdown.

Don't fear though, I have some favorable match-ups tomorrow!

Oh, I thought all the games were done--thank you!

And my Raw brothers--FEAR NOT! We will take back our pride! We will defeat the vile Blue bloods! THIS. IS. WARRRRRRR.

Also, fuck Jose Bautista. That man has single-handedly pushed R(ob) past me.

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Oh, I thought all the games were done--thank you!

And my Raw brothers--FEAR NOT! We will take back our pride! We will defeat the vile Blue bloods! THIS. IS. WARRRRRRR.

Also, fuck Jose Bautista. That man has single-handedly pushed R(ob) past me.

I've got him and Arencibia on another team. But I've only just found out that league doesn't start until this Sunday. Darnit.

And if Zero beats me with 3 SPs on the DL, I'm going to go on a rampage.

Sully
04-06-2012, 12:40 AM
So Chase Utley is screwing me over, he went on the DL. Kyle Farnsworth did too. I'm moving Farnsworth down to the bench and putting McCarthy up there, and I'm moving Neil Walker from the utility to 2B, and then putting Soriano or M.Moreland in his spot.

RomanFlare
04-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm down 8-0. James Shield is getting rocked. Rob's team has hit 3 home runs today, already. It should be 4, but one of his players is on the bench. Said player hit a GRAND SLAM. I should be getting destroyed even worse than 8-0. Fuck me.

Edit: the ONLY saving grace so far? Shields has given up 6 runs, but only two earned. Still--fuck.
Double Edit: Nope, false alarm. All 6 runs are earned. Fuck. Fuck. FUCK.

RomanFlare
04-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Okay, I'm not sure WHAT happened, maybe I fucked up somehow, but your record is, in fact, based on how many runs you win. I thought I had set it to 1-win a week, but apparently not. So, like how I'm sitting at 0-8 against R(ob), if this stands, I'll be 0-8-3 D:

RomanFlare
04-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Update: I have contacted Yahoo! about seeing if it's possible to change the score setting without redoing the draft. 22 games is a lot easier to manage than 242 as the current scoring system is.

Also: The last game of the weekend will have a big impact on the two games that are still within 1 run! It'll have a huge impact of standings AND which division takes Rivalry Week 1!

Sully
04-08-2012, 07:47 PM
It wouldn't be that big of a deal. Worst case scenario, we deal with it for the rest of the year. Then next year we'll start with new settings, and maybe even make it a keeper league.

RomanFlare
04-08-2012, 07:52 PM
It wouldn't be that big of a deal. Worst case scenario, we deal with it for the rest of the year. Then next year we'll start with new settings, and maybe even make it a keeper league.

Yeah, it's not THAT big of a problem. The system will keep track of everything anyway.

And the plan, if this league goes into next year, is 6 keepers. Depending on how Yahoo! does its Keepers, is either to switch to an Auction Draft/System (meh) or assign keepers to either their draft position from this year (1-year keeper) or increase it by 1 (2/3-year keeper) if applicable.

Edit: The fine people at Yahoo! Fantasy Sports just edited the system for me. The scoring system is officially 1-win a week. Most people won't care, but I think it's a lot better to deal with 22 than 242 (specially when it comes to possible ties). Have I ever mentioned how much I hate ties? And I wonder why I don't like non-World Cup soccer.

RomanFlare
04-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Week 1 is in the books! A few notes to hit:

1) Smackdown Division went 4-2, easily beating out the Raw Division in games. However, they barely outscored the Raw Division 31 to 30. Smackdown is off to a good start after the Rivalry Week. Raw will get a chance to even the score Week 7 & 8--until then, Divisional Games!

2) Props to the Dubs Wubs Wubs for posting the biggest win of the week, 10 to 1. The Wubs posted a lot of offensive league highs, ending up 1 or 2 in every catergory--running away with Steals (pun intended).

Enjoy Week 2!

Roma Legionaries - 6
R(ob)'s Rabid Rats - 2

Napoli Ever After - 6
Jumping Jmen - 4

AirBourne Flyers - 4
Punks Ice Cream Bars - 6

The Broc Stars - 1
Dubs Wubs Wubs - 10

Quack Attack - 3
Zero's Nightmares - 8

Sully - 8
Rob's Rhinos - 3

Roma Legionaries (1-0, 0-0) vs
AirBourne Flyers (0-1, 0-0)

Napoli Ever After (1-0, 0-0) vs
Punks Ice Cream Bars (1-0, 0-0)

Jumping Jmen (0-1, 0-0) vs
Dubs Wubs Wubs (1-0, 0-0)

The Broc Stars (0-1, 0-0) vs
Zero's Nightmares (1-0, 0-0)

Quack Attack (0-1, 0-0) vs
Rob's Rhinos (0-1, 0-0)

Sully (1-0, 0-0) vs
R(ob)'s Rabid Rats (0-1, 0-0)

thejman93
04-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Sorry Broc. Dubs Wubs Wubs is simply one Dubstep (pun intended) above the competition. ;)

As for my next opponent,

I'm looking at you Jman

I would like to give you a little a taste of what's to come:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1636799_o.gif

You want some Dubski? Come get some!

Rehmix
04-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Napoli Ever After is going to run over the Competition in the Smackdown Division!

KJ PUNK
04-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Napoli Ever After is going to run over the Competition in the Smackdown Division!

You've got to get past me first!

BTW Nice sig ;)

Rehmix
04-09-2012, 04:18 PM
You've got to get past me first!

BTW Nice sig ;)

First of all, I am doing that!

Secondly, Thanks man, I quite enjoy it myself.

Sully
04-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, it's not THAT big of a problem. The system will keep track of everything anyway.

And the plan, if this league goes into next year, is 6 keepers. Depending on how Yahoo! does its Keepers, is either to switch to an Auction Draft/System (meh) or assign keepers to either their draft position from this year (1-year keeper) or increase it by 1 (2/3-year keeper) if applicable.

Edit: The fine people at Yahoo! Fantasy Sports just edited the system for me. The scoring system is officially 1-win a week. Most people won't care, but I think it's a lot better to deal with 22 than 242 (specially when it comes to possible ties). Have I ever mentioned how much I hate ties? And I wonder why I don't like non-World Cup soccer.

If we do a keeper league, we should really have an entirely new draft for it. As opposed to using the people we drafted this year. That way we can actually draft for guys who can be good, instead of old guys that we'd only need for a year.

RomanFlare
04-11-2012, 09:25 AM
If we do a keeper league, we should really have an entirely new draft for it. As opposed to using the people we drafted this year. That way we can actually draft for guys who can be good, instead of old guys that we'd only need for a year.

That's a fantastic point. How do you feel about auction, then? How does anyone else feel about it? It'll be a salary cap ($260) for the mixed league and people bid (auction style) on players--the CPU being able to do it too. That'd be the best way to monitor keepers are their price will increase based on keeper length.

On an unrelated note: The Jmen are pounding the Wubs Wubs 6-0 to start today :O How the mighty have fallen.

Rehmix
04-11-2012, 09:31 AM
That's a fantastic point. How do you feel about auction, then? How does anyone else feel about it? It'll be a salary cap ($260) for the mixed league and people bid (auction style) on players--the CPU being able to do it too. That'd be the best way to monitor keepers are their price will increase based on keeper length.

On an unrelated note: The Jmen are pounding the Wubs Wubs 6-0 to start today :O How the mighty have fallen.

I've never done an auction before in fantasy. And Napoli Ever After will come back and prevail. We about to eat some DAMN ICE CREAM BARS!

thejman93
04-11-2012, 10:55 AM
http://46.105.122.94/org/7a/8f/7a8fffa3ca62f752/0/643477.jpg

BEST IN THE WORRRRRLLLLLDDDD!

For today, at least. :D

Sully
04-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Hopefully things can turn around with my match up against R(ob)...last week he was kicking Rome's ass, then things completely flipped. I'm hoping for a similar outcome this week.

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Airbourne, can you please stop sending me these trades. I don't want to deal any players right now. I am happy with my team.

RomanFlare
04-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Do not spam people with trades. It is strongly recommended that you discuss a possible trade with the person first before sending the offer.

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-12-2012, 12:33 PM
I can understand the reasoning for the trade he wants, but it's not in my best interest.

Are we allowed to mention the players named in the trade on here, Roman?

RomanFlare
04-12-2012, 01:16 PM
I can understand the reasoning for the trade he wants, but it's not in my best interest.

Are we allowed to mention the players named in the trade on here, Roman?

If you want to discuss a trade in this thread itself, please feel free.

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Ah ok, well basically he offered Moustakas and Jaime Garcia for Bonifacio and Johan Santana. In my opinion, Moustakas needs to wait a year at least to bloom whilst Garcia has been solid. But so has Santana, who has 13 Ks already I think, and Bonifacio will give me plenty of SBs and runs.

RomanFlare
04-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Only 2 games have a difference of more than 2 going into the last two days! Good luck, errbody!

Sully
04-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Why is it that all the games have a score of either 7-3, or 6-3?

RomanFlare
04-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Why is it that all the games have a score of either 7-3, or 6-3?

That is weird o_O

Sully
04-14-2012, 11:47 PM
I don't think it's just a coincidence...sounds like it's because of the way something is set up in the settings or something? I hope not though, I hope it is just a weird coincidence.

RomanFlare
04-14-2012, 11:57 PM
I don't think it's just a coincidence...sounds like it's because of the way something is set up in the settings or something? I hope not though, I hope it is just a weird coincidence.

It's just a weird concidence--I've seen matches flux around all day. Mine went up to 9-2 at one point, I saw one at 5-4 too. One team is just dominating each match-up--like Rob just jumped all over you. It's kinda insane how many runs he's tallied. There is one, Jmen vs Wubs Wubs, that could easily sway the other way that widely--it's close, but Dubs is leading in most categories. Last week we had close ones and one complete track wreck, this week we're looking to have 4/5 good wins and one or two close ones. Just kinda happened.

Sully
04-15-2012, 12:20 AM
For some reason, a lot of match ups have one person dominating the other each week. That must depend on something, but I haven't figured out what yet.

I dominated the other Rob in our league last week...

Sadly I think I lost this one. Is R(ob) even paying attention to this league daily? The good thing is, this isn't like Football...you have to pay attention every week the whole year to start winning. Last year in my baseball league, I didn't pay attention once...at one point I was in first place, but at the end of the year I came in last.

The people who aren't paying attention will eventually show.

RomanFlare
04-15-2012, 12:23 AM
For some reason, a lot of match ups have one person dominating the other each week. That must depend on something, but I haven't figured out what yet.

I dominated the other Rob in our league last week...

Sadly I think I lost this one. Is R(ob) even paying attention to this league daily? The good thing is, this isn't like Football...you have to pay attention every week the whole year to start winning. Last year in my baseball league, I didn't pay attention once...at one point I was in first place, but at the end of the year I came in last.

The people who aren't paying attention will eventually show.

Ian. Bloody. Kinsler. Dude's been on a monster tear.

No, Iunno if Rob's even logged in yet @.@ You can kinda tell by who hasn't made a move yet.

Sully
04-15-2012, 12:25 AM
What do the Xs and Up arrows mean on the depth chart?

Broc
04-15-2012, 12:27 AM
God dammit, Brian Wilson is injured :(....

RomanFlare
04-15-2012, 12:28 AM

Very simple:
^ Means a player is either A) Announced for the Line-up, or B) The scheduled starter for that day.
X means the player is NOT announced for the line-up. I've never seen it used on a pitcher.

Rehmix
04-15-2012, 12:31 AM

Arrow means they are playing that day. X means they are not, they usually mean that the person is resting.

Sully
04-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Ah, that's what I figured. Thanks fellas...

No wonder why I'm losing...

KJ PUNK
04-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Wainwright torpedoed my ERA and might cost me the win this week :(

Rehmix
04-15-2012, 09:19 AM

It's okay man. I'm sure that you opponent's team will do horribly the rest of the games.

RomanFlare
04-15-2012, 09:26 AM

I know how you feel. I had dominating pitching Monday-Thursday, but it has fallen apart the last two days.

RomanFlare
04-15-2012, 01:35 PM
This is weird. I'm against Airbourne today, but I feel like I'm battling R(ob) again--trying to score more Runs than him so I can lead the league in Runs for the 2nd straight week. SO MUCH PRESSURE!

Rehmix
04-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Well while you do that, I will lead in HRs and Ks and EAT ME SOME DAMN ICE CREAM BARS!

Rehmix
04-15-2012, 03:27 PM
This is weird. I'm against Airbourne today, but I feel like I'm battling R(ob) again--trying to score more Runs than him so I can lead the league in Runs for the 2nd straight week. SO MUCH PRESSURE!

And you should be worried about KJ punk who is actually leading in Runs.

RomanFlare
04-15-2012, 03:28 PM
And you should be worried about KJ punk who is actually leading in Runs.

Damn. Punk's got me in every stat I thought I was leading or close to leading.

Edit: As a side note--we've already got a handful of (Week 1) record-breaking performances in single stats, including but not limited to AVG, Home Runs, and Strikeouts.

Rehmix
04-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Damn. Punk's got me in every stat I thought I was leading or close to leading.

Edit: As a side note--we've already got a handful of (Week 1) record-breaking performances in single stats, including but not limited to AVG, Home Runs, and Strikeouts.

Two of those are me!

Sully
04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
I can't seem to get in at a good time.

Every time I check it, there's always a game going on and I can't move any players around...and when there aren't any games going on, I'm usually sleeping.

RomanFlare
04-15-2012, 03:53 PM
I can't seem to get in at a good time.

Every time I check it, there's always a game going on and I can't move any players around...and when there aren't any games going on, I'm usually sleeping.

Weekends are a little harder because more early games are played unlike the rest of the week. You CAN set your team days in advance. Like, rest of the season in advance. It'll tell you if that player's team is playing, so that gives you a better idea if they'll start.

Sully
04-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Hahahaha!

Any of you guys remember in the draft, when Broc and I were both looking for closers. Joel Hanrahan and Brian Wilson we're available, and I was looking for Hanrahan...Broc picked first and picked Wilson, I took Hanrahan like I wanted.

I told Broc anyways, that Hanrahan was better and he should have picked him.

Guess what Broc star? Brian Wilson is out for the year.

Broc
04-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Hahahaha!

Any of you guys remember in the draft, when Broc and I were both looking for closers. Joel Hanrahan and Brian Wilson we're available, and I was looking for Hanrahan...Broc picked first and picked Wilson, I took Hanrahan like I wanted.

I told Broc anyways, that Hanrahan was better and he should have picked him.

Guess what Broc star? Brian Wilson is out for the year.

one question: Do you know how to read?

God dammit, Brian Wilson is injured :(....

Sully
04-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Didn't see that, but still...I told you Hanrahan was better! Haha...you may want to take Wilson out of your lineup.

Broc
04-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Didn't see that, but still...I told you Hanrahan was better! Haha...you may want to take Wilson out of your lineup.

Getting injured doesn't exactly make him better, but I do agree that he's better.

And I'll do that. I still need to take Howard out too.

KJ PUNK
04-15-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm gonna need a HR and a SB from Texiera for the win, while also having Pujols and Granderson go hitless.

RomanFlare
04-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Man, my pitching staff has been lights out today. 1 Win (1 more in the works), 2 Saves, 16 Innings, 0.00 ERA, 13 Ks, .75 WHIP. BOOYA!

Edit:

The following trade

Airbourne Flyers receive David Wright
Zero's Nightmares receive Brandon Philips

will be approved tomorrow morning as one or more players have already had their team's game start.

KJ PUNK
04-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Well, we've got a tie! What's the tiebreak?

RomanFlare
04-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Well, we've got a tie! What's the tiebreak?

A tie in the record o_o Seriously, I would love to thank you two for messing with the perfect harmony. (If you didn't tie, we'd be 4 2-0, 4 1-1, 4 0-2). Assholes.

Seriously though, you're both 1-0-1 now. Honestly, it's a bit of a blessing--if you tie with someone who has the same wins but no ties, you'll have one less loss, thus you'll win that small tiebreaker.

KJ PUNK
04-16-2012, 01:09 AM
A tie in the record o_o Seriously, I would love to thank you two for messing with the perfect harmony. (If you didn't tie, we'd be 4 2-0, 4 1-1, 4 0-2). Assholes.

Seriously though, you're both 1-0-1 now. Honestly, it's a bit of a blessing--if you tie with someone who has the same wins but no ties, you'll have one less loss, thus you'll win that small tiebreaker.

Yeah Texiera getting a Stolen Base tonight really fucked everything up haha.

Rated_R(ob)KO
04-16-2012, 03:26 AM
And no, I haven't checked up on this at all until now lol. I was wondering how everything was going because with all the baby stuff going on I actually kind of forgot. I only remembered one time a week ago because Romes posted about my team winning. I've gottne requests for trades but can't do anything from my work computer and by the time I get home I'm so fucking tired that I forget and have to wake up and go right back to work. 12hr and 16hr shift have been all I've been doing lately. I'm off of work for two and a half months starting on May 4th though so, all's fair then.

Sorry I've been a bastard with this thing but, with everything going on with me hopefully you all understand.

Sully
04-16-2012, 08:39 AM
It's understandable.

Baseball is REALLY different than Football when it comes to Fantasy. For Football you just have to update it every week, while baseball you need to check it every single day. On top of that, the season is so much longer too. I'm not sure when we end, is it in August or September? I'm guessing September. That's a long time to have to update your team every day.

People are going to be fading in and out for sure. I'm going to try my best to stay updated every week, but I think even I will be busy. Especially during July and August when Football really starts up, I'll be hitting the weights and getting in shape. And then there's e-Fedding too, and people work...some people like me are in more then one league, but my other league I only have to put in the line-up once a week, and then I put in backups for when those people don't play. It's actually a lot simpler, but the site I use isn't user friendly at all.

RomanFlare
04-16-2012, 09:12 AM
And no, I haven't checked up on this at all until now lol. I was wondering how everything was going because with all the baby stuff going on I actually kind of forgot. I only remembered one time a week ago because Romes posted about my team winning. I've gottne requests for trades but can't do anything from my work computer and by the time I get home I'm so fucking tired that I forget and have to wake up and go right back to work. 12hr and 16hr shift have been all I've been doing lately. I'm off of work for two and a half months starting on May 4th though so, all's fair then.

Sorry I've been a bastard with this thing but, with everything going on with me hopefully you all understand.

Yeah, this is a LONG season (22 weeks + 3 Weeks of Playoffs). People will be checking in and out--I recommend that, if you know you're having problems getting on, setting one week at a time when you do get on. That way you can at least make sure you have players who have games that day for the week. But whatever works for you!

Week 2? Kapoot!

1) Congrats to Rehmix and KJ Punk for having our first tie! You buttheads! :D

2) Another congrats to KJ Punk for being the only person to lead a stat both weeks so far! Check out the record book to see if you lead a week OR you're leading for the season!

3) Another round of applause to KJ Punk and Rehmix for leading the league in Dingers. You guys went nuts in some of those stats (KJ Punk lead a lot of batting stats last week).

4) Also, The Broc Stars have the strongest schedule so far! Dubs Wubs Wubs have the weakest--another stat kept in the record book. Lulz. This is because both of Broc's two opponents so far, Dubs and Zero, are undefeated. Both of Dubs opponents, Broc and Jman, have yet to win. So, as you can see, this is based on pass-games, not your entire schedule.

Roma Legionaries 9
AirBourne Flyers 1

Napoli Ever After 5
Punks Ice Cream Bars 5

Jumping Jmen 4
Dubs Wubs Wubs 7

The Broc Stars 2
Zero's Nightmares 8

Quack Attack 6
Rob's Rhinos 4

Sully 2
R(ob)'s Rabid Rats 8

Roma Legionaries 2-0 (1-0) vs
Jumping Jmen 0-2 (0-1)

Napoli Ever After 1-0-1 (0-0-1) vs
The Broc Stars 0-2 (0-1)

Airbourne Flyers 0-2 (0-2) vs
Rob's Rhinos 0-2 (0-2)

Punks Ice Cream Bars 1-0-1 (0-0-1) vs
R(ob)'s Rabid Rats 1-1 (1-0)

Dubs Wubs Wubs 2-0 (1-0) vs
Quack Attack 1-1 (1-0)

Zero's Nightmares 2-0 (1-0) vs
Sully 1-1 (0-1)

1. Roma Legionaries - Raw Division Leader
2. Zero's Nightmares - Smackdown Division Leader
3. Dubs Wubs Wubs
4. Napoli Ever After
5. Punks Ice Cream Bars
6. Quack Attack
7. R(ob)'s Rabid Rats
8. Sully
9. Airbourne Flyers
10. Jumping Jmen
11. The Broc Stars
12. Rob's Rhinos

Note: Currently, if two teams have not met but are tied in overall record, the tiebreaker is who created their team first. This will not be the case when all teams have played each other (and they will). This is why I'm #1--because my team was the first generated.
Good luck in Week III!

Edit: My favorite links--Head-to-Head Stats (http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/42657/headtoheadstats) and the Record Book (http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/42657/recordbook).

Head-to-Head lets you see your win-loss-tie record in each stat AND lets you see the overall totals of each stat by team. Wanna see where you rank in average ERA? This is your place.

Record Book lets you see several things. One is "League Statistics"--a smaller version of Head-to-Head. You can see who's the overall leader in each stat, but also who posted the largest/best single week performance. "Head-to-Head" tab is all about the competition and records. Wanna see who had the longest winning/losing streak, toughest schedule, or who's averaging the largest margin of victory? You'll love this tab! Last but not least, "Streaks". This tab tells you who was the best in each stat, for how long? It tells you the longest leading streak overall AND the current one. KJ Punk is the only person to lead a stat both weeks--RBIs. Right now, pretty much everyone has a claim to leading a stat one week or the other.

Double Edit: Moral conundrum. My opponent, Jman, has a spot open on his pitching rotation. I've noticed this before, I had thought he'd fix it. Now, the pitcher sitting on his bench is starting today. Should I move that pitcher to his starting rotation for him? I repeat: the spot is blank anyway, so if I do nothing, nothing changes. Should I, morally, use my powers to make roster changes like this one? Yeah, he might get Ks and a Win (RBIs, HRs, etc if it was a batter), but he might get a high ERA or WHIP and Jman might blame me for making the move as sabotage--I don't know what to do D:

Rehmix
04-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Fucking TIE!

thejman93
04-16-2012, 12:36 PM
I already made the move Romeski. Whatever Bedard does against the Whale's Vaginas tonight is on me.

KJ PUNK
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
My offense is beast. Too bad my pitchers suck.

S.E. Zero
04-16-2012, 01:27 PM
<---- Division Leader!!!!!! WHOO!!

http://boolawler.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/flrwu.gif

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! :D

RomanFlare
04-16-2012, 01:47 PM
<---- Division Leader!!!!!! WHOO!!

http://boolawler.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/flrwu.gif

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! :D

You totally are Daniel Bryan--until Wrestlemania, that is.

S.E. Zero
04-16-2012, 02:15 PM
You totally are Daniel Bryan--until Wrestlemania, that is.

Hey I'll enjoy my 18 seconds of fame ;)

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Rehmix
04-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Hey I'll enjoy my 18 seconds of fame ;)

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

A FUCKING TIE! Damn you Chris Ianneta!!!!!!!!!

Rehmix
04-16-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm Trading TIM LINCECUM! I will be accepting trade offers!

AirBourne
04-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Rehmix - I'm interested in acquiring Lincecum. PM me, e-mail me, or trade offer me.

RomanFlare
04-18-2012, 09:36 AM
There hasn't been a happier man than I watching the Rangers hit. I was worried about taking Hamilton in the 3rd round, but wowza. That shot at Fenway--the ball was screaming as it left the park.

KJ PUNK
04-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Too bad it was off Lester :(

RomanFlare
04-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Too bad it was off Lester :(

Not my problem :D

AirBourne
04-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Gonzo still hit a solo shot in the 8th when they were down by 16, go me. :)

But I'm a Boston native, so sad me. :( lol

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Which lucky soul has Granderson? Whomever they are, are having a good day.

RomanFlare
04-19-2012, 09:56 PM

Rehmix has him.

Sully
04-21-2012, 05:40 AM
Zero and I are really fighting it out.

The last two days the score has change from 5-4, 4-5, and 5-5. Finally it looks like I broke off and got the advantage with 7-4, but I remember the score looking something like that earlier in the match up going towards Zero's way.

Luckily we only have one day, and I'm fighting to end this SOB's winning streak.

Although, for the first two match ups I had, and the first day of this one, I finally realized I've been starting guys during days that they're not even playing or have a game. I'm fixing that now.

Rehmix
04-21-2012, 09:19 AM

I do have Mister Granderson. And yes it was a good day indeed. 3 HRs and 5-5 on the day is pretty good I guess. Also I'm leading the whole league in Total Bases, Runs, and Homers. Broc's team has pretty much no chance!

RomanFlare
04-21-2012, 10:12 AM
I do have Mister Granderson. And yes it was a good day indeed. 3 HRs and 5-5 on the day is pretty good I guess. Also I'm leading the whole league in Total Bases, Runs, and Homers. Broc's team has pretty much no chance!

Broc got a terrible opening schedule, shit. It'll all even out eventually, but shit!

Sully
04-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Lol yeah, Broc is getting his ass whopped. He also picked second to last too.

S.E. Zero
04-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Zero and I are really fighting it out.

The last two days the score has change from 5-4, 4-5, and 5-5. Finally it looks like I broke off and got the advantage with 7-4, but I remember the score looking something like that earlier in the match up going towards Zero's way.

Luckily we only have one day, and I'm fighting to end this SOB's winning streak.

Although, for the first two match ups I had, and the first day of this one, I finally realized I've been starting guys during days that they're not even playing or have a game. I'm fixing that now.

Your pitching has really put you over the edge so if I lose at least I know which area to improve on later on. You learn from defeat never from success :)

RomanFlare
04-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Speaking of ass-whoopings... Jman is spanking my ass to the tune of 7-2.

thejman93
04-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Speaking of ass-whoopings... Jman is spanking my ass to the tune of 7-2.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I have an interesting decision to make tonight, though. Cory Lubke (one of my starters) is facing the Phillies (my hometown team) at 8:35. Do I sit him so I don't have to root against my team, or do I pitch him against a terrible offense?

RomanFlare
04-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes!

I have an interesting decision to make tonight, though. Cory Lubke (one of my starters) is facing the Phillies (my hometown team) at 8:35. Do I sit him so I don't have to root against my team, or do I pitch him against a terrible offense?

I had to pick between my catcher (who'd only appear in one of the two games the Rangers-Tigers play today) or my backup who starts today. I picked the back-up.

Then Hamilton hit a 3-run BLAST and Jman's lead is only 6-4. "Rome's gonna kill you!" *clap clap, clapclapclap*

thejman93
04-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Then Hamilton hit a 3-run BLAST and Jman's lead is only 6-4. "Rome's gonna kill you!" *clap clap, clapclapclap*

Mother. F'er.

S.E. Zero
04-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Mother. F'er.

xD (Stupid 10 characters) :p

RomanFlare
04-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Me during the Weekend is like Caesar crossing the Rhine--fear-inducing and unstoppable. I'm up 6-4 on Jman now! YEAH!

Edit: Also, a Perfect Game was just pitched. Too bad he's on the FA list.

Double Edit: I'm back down to 4-5 :( Cano's double bumped Jman back over me.

Sully
04-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Your pitching has really put you over the edge so if I lose at least I know which area to improve on later on. You learn from defeat never from success :)

Yes, and imagine if Kyle Farnsworth wasn't injured, lol!

But you've also got guys in your line up who aren't playing today. Was it just an issue of not wanting to cut someone? The more people you have playing that day, the better chance you have of winning.

Even if you have to cut one of your bench guys to pick up a position, it helps. That's why I picked up Kurt Suzuki.

Although after I was done, I couldn't decide who I wanted to replace him with...if you look, I cut and added like...four guys, lol. I have no idea what I even had Mitch Moreland. That guy blows...I'm fine with Luke Scott.

AirBourne
04-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Me during the Weekend is like Caesar crossing the Rhine--fear-inducing and unstoppable. I'm up 6-4 on Jman now! YEAH!

Edit: Also, a Perfect Game was just pitched. Too bad he's on the FA list.

Double Edit: I'm back down to 4-5 :( Cano's double bumped Jman back over me.

He'll be another Dallas Braden - throws a perfect game, but is a average if that, pitcher.

Sully
04-21-2012, 09:48 PM
And Zero and I are now tied again. Wow, is this a match up or what? Lol...

RomanFlare
04-21-2012, 09:59 PM

Better than me v. Jman--8-2 @.@ I'm not gonna come back from this, I think.

Sully
04-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Well define better...if I was in Jman's position, I think I'd take it. :p

S.E. Zero
04-21-2012, 11:49 PM

Haha who knew? I was ready for defeat but a tie works lol great match up indeed.

S.E. Zero
04-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Yes, and imagine if Kyle Farnsworth wasn't injured, lol!

But you've also got guys in your line up who aren't playing today. Was it just an issue of not wanting to cut someone? The more people you have playing that day, the better chance you have of winning.

Even if you have to cut one of your bench guys to pick up a position, it helps. That's why I picked up Kurt Suzuki.

Although after I was done, I couldn't decide who I wanted to replace him with...if you look, I cut and added like...four guys, lol. I have no idea what I even had Mitch Moreland. That guy blows...I'm fine with Luke Scott.

I didn't really notice who played and who didn't this week, big mistake on my but I'm pretty comfortable with my team as is far after my last few drops though I'm looking to a few quality pitchers for when we next meet.

R HR RBI SB TB AVG W SV K ERA WHIP Score
34 9 42 3 89 .270 1 4 22 7.33 1.74 5
21 5 34 3 87 .267 3 6 34 3.35 1.30 5

Got whupped in that area haha plus you a few more games than I did and whatever that ERA is lol I'm new to Fantasy MB so dont know all the abbreviations just yet.

As long I improve those areas our next match up should a real nail biter.

KJ PUNK
04-22-2012, 12:16 AM
ugh my hitter fucking suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkked today

​besides Texiera

Broc
04-22-2012, 12:21 AM
I didn't really notice who played and who didn't this week, big mistake on my but I'm pretty comfortable with my team as is far after my last few drops though I'm looking to a few quality pitchers for when we next meet.

R HR RBI SB TB AVG W SV K ERA WHIP Score
34 9 42 3 89 .270 1 4 22 7.33 1.74 5
21 5 34 3 87 .267 3 6 34 3.35 1.30 5

Got whupped in that area haha plus you a few more games than I did and whatever that ERA is lol I'm new to Fantasy MB so dont know all the abbreviations just yet.

As long I improve those areas our next match up should a real nail biter.

ERA is Earned Run Average. Meaning how many runs a pitcher allowed, the lower the number, the better it is.

S.E. Zero
04-22-2012, 12:29 AM
ERA is Earned Run Average. Meaning how many runs a pitcher allowed, the lower the number, the better it is.

Thanks, now I know. :)

Sully
04-22-2012, 01:03 AM
In seems like Zero won in all the batting stats, and I won in all the pitcher stats. Lol!

Sully
04-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Zero has like, an all batting team, and I have an all pitching team...and the winner of this game is going to be whichever one of us can penetrate the other's stats and get one of those.

Right now I finally took a lead for one of the batting stats, total bases, by 6.

But this thing, definitely match up of the week.

The sad thing for me is, I don't even think I can do anything to improve my batting, I think it's just Zero is too dominant with his players on that side of things. I just have to wait for my guys to heal.

RomanFlare
04-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Me and Jman are punching it out ourself (6-5 me). The problem is I'm leading a lot of batting stats by just a point or two--if he takes a lead in any of them, I might not be able to make it up since a lot of my players are already done. I think I'm toast (plus that goddamn Aceves ruined my ERA. Fuckin' Sox.)

thejman93
04-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Me and Jman are punching it out ourself (6-5 me). The problem is I'm leading a lot of batting stats by just a point or two--if he takes a lead in any of them, I might not be able to make it up since a lot of my players are already done. I think I'm toast (plus that goddamn Aceves ruined my ERA. Fuckin' Sox.)

If Robby Cano can give me a good AB or two tonight, I'm golden.

RomanFlare
04-22-2012, 05:39 PM
If Robby Cano can give me a good AB or two tonight, I'm golden.

That game is PPD until tomorrow! Miami-Washington, Giants-Mets are too. It's been a weird day.

The week comes down to Ichiro batting in the top of the 9th. A triple or 2 RBIs and you win.

thejman93
04-22-2012, 05:42 PM
That game is PPD until tomorrow! Miami-Washington, Giants-Mets are too. It's been a weird day.

The week comes down to Ichiro batting in the top of the 9th. A triple or 2 RBIs and you win.

Well.......

Shit........

C'mon Ichiro!

S.E. Zero
04-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Zero has like, an all batting team, and I have an all pitching team...and the winner of this game is going to be whichever one of us can penetrate the other's stats and get one of those. Right now I finally took a lead for one of the batting stats, total bases, by 6. But this thing, definitely match up of the week.The sad thing for me is, I don't even think I can do anything to improve my batting, I think it's just Zero is too dominant with his players on that side of things. I just have to wait for my guys to heal.A great match up of the week indeed. There's plenty to do later, its only been a month or so. We still got 15+ weeks to build the teams just right if we wanna make it to the playoffs then its war for those who make it. Hahaha besto of luck to everyone.

RomanFlare
04-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Well, the Roma Legionaries are 3-0. It came down to one last at-bat, but unfortunately the Jmen couldn't pull it out. Wanna know how close it was? I was down 2-8 to enter the day. Here's my stat line for today's batting (I didn't make any ground in pitching):

Runs 6, HR 1, RBI 5, SB 2, TB 16, .417 Average.

Jman's line today:

Run 1, HR 0, RBI 3, SB 1, TB 5, .182 Average.

Seeing as I won TB by 2 and RBI by 1, you can see how my better Sunday played into this. Three more base hit singles by Jman's team and I would've lost. Of course, both of us had a lot of starters sitting on the bench because of Rainouts, so had those not have happened, this would've been a much different story.

So, yeah, Jman got a bad break here, but there are still 18 weeks to go--hopefully he can bounce back and contend for the Raw Title and a playoff spot! Jman, like Broc, have had the absolute WORST schedules to start the season--none of the three teams they have faced have lost a "game" yet (Coincidentally, both have played Rehmix and Dubs so far!). But the schedule will get more favorable for them in the next 3 weeks.

KJ PUNK
04-22-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm 2-0-1 thanks to 17 K's from my pitchers today!

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Damn NYY V BOS being postponed. All I needed was an average performance from Sabathia with around 6Ks to win. Instead I lost 5-7 to go 1-2-0. Not happy one bit.

Rehmix
04-22-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm 2-0-1 thanks to 17 K's from my pitchers today!
Me TOO! I'm 2-0-1 as well! that's two things we have in common. that and Psych!

Sully
04-22-2012, 11:45 PM
Yeah, three games are postponed now.

Could make things interesting for the ending of a lot of our match ups.

AirBourne
04-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Damn...0-3, due to horrible hitting.

Looking for CP(s) and hitting, HMU with offers....

Sully
04-23-2012, 02:46 AM
Well I'm put in a very tough position. I have so many players on bye this week. The two huge injuries I have aren't making it any easier either.

I wanted to pick up a 3rd baseman to replace Mark Reynolds who is on bye, but I just can't cut anyone else. Figures, the guys I have who can play more than one position, are all out at the same time.

So I'm just going to have to put Reynolds in anyways. One guy out won't make too much of a difference, hopefully I'll catch up later in the week.

S.E. Zero
04-23-2012, 02:53 AM
Well I'm put in a very tough position. I have so many players on bye this week. The two huge injuries I have aren't making it any easier either.

I wanted to pick up a 3rd baseman to replace Mark Reynolds who is on bye, but I just can't cut anyone else. Figures, the guys I have who can play more than one position, are all out at the same time.

So I'm just going to have to put Reynolds in anyways. One guy out won't make too much of a difference, hopefully I'll catch up later in the week.

Did we end in a tie? I looked for the match up and it seems to have 5-5 so I wanted to make sure.

Also it might be best to wait a bit and hope at least a few guys heal up soon, sucks that you can't drop anyone. Hope it doesnt affect your chances at winning your next match up too bad.

Sully
04-23-2012, 03:17 AM
I'm not sure how the postponed games will affect the match up. But for me it still says I lead 6-5.

S.E. Zero
04-23-2012, 03:21 AM
I'm not sure how the postponed games will affect the match up. But for me it still says I lead 6-5.

Hmmm.....weird and like I said I hope it does hurt your chances too bad but if it does and least you got plenty of time to bounce back.

Sully
04-23-2012, 03:27 AM
I don't think it will. In our match up, I'm pretty sure I started a bunch of guys who weren't playing, and look at how close it is now. Plus, everyone is going to be dealing with this, maybe my opponent will have the same problem? Or maybe he won't get his line up in fast enough, and he'll end up forgetting to replace someone.

Sully
04-23-2012, 03:33 AM
I just realized, after going against Zero, who was undefeated going into our matchup...I have to face Punk's Ice Cream Bars, and Napoli Ever After right in a row, both of which are also undefeated. LOL! Fun.

RomanFlare
04-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Quick note: Postponed games will count during the week of their make-up dates (today mostly).

Week III is in the books!

1) Tightest week so far--3 games were 1-run, another was 2, and the rest were only 3.

2) Napoli Ever After blasted the most homers again.

3) Only two remain! In the match-up of the weak, the two last undefeated/untied teams go head-to-head for sole possession of the Raw division title. And on the Smackdown side, it is a two way jam at the top between Rehmix and Punk, the two teams that tied.

4) The two undefeated teams (Rome and Dubs) have the weakest schedule, while Jman has the strongest.

Roma Legionaries 6
Jumping Jmen 5

Napoli Ever After 6
Broc Stars 4

Airbourne Flyers 4
Rob's Rhinos 7

Punks Ice Cream Bars 5
R(ob)'s Rabid Rats 4

Dubs Wubs Wubs 7
Quack Attack 4

Zero's Nightmares 5
Sully 6

Dubs Wubs Wubs 3-0 (2-0) vs
Roma Legionaries 3-0 (2-0)

Napoli Ever After 2-0-1 (1-0-1) vs
Zero's Nightmares 2-1 (1-1)

Airbourne Flyers 0-3 (0-2) vs
Quack Attack 1-2 (1-1)

Punks I.C.B. 2-0-1 (1-0-1) vs
Sully 2-1 (1-1)

Jumping Jmen 0-3 (0-2) vs
Rob's Rhinos 1-2 (1-1)

The Broc Stars 0-3 (0-2) vs
R(ob)'s Rabid Rats 1-2 (1-1)

Instead of the Overall Standings (Top 2 in Raw, Top 4 in Smackdown are in playoff spots), let's look at the best hitting and pitching teams! (Run Record is done by tallying up wins, losses, ties in each individual category for the first 3 weeks. By overall totals is complied by assigning points values to place in overall standings. 1st gets 12, 12th gets 1.)

Hitting
By Run Record: Dubs - 16-2-0
By Overall Totals: Rome - 67 out of 72 Total

Pitching
By Run Record: Sully 11-3-1 and Jman 11-4-0 (Tied for most wins)
By Overall Totals: Jman - 50 out of 60 Total.

Good luck this week!

RomanFlare
04-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Awful lot of big leads after 1.5 days o_o Me and Dubs are punching 6-5, though. Back and forth all day.

Sully
04-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Wow, Thursday is going to be a BIG hit to everyone. I have so many people out, and the only ones I'm willing to cut are the ones I'm forced to start since they're the only ones with a game.

RomanFlare
04-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Today was my day to get back in it against Dubs--until I went 0/12. Son of Sully.

Sully
04-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Going up against an undefeated person for the second time in a row, I'm doing good at 7-3. Next week I get to take on ANOTHER undefeated person. We'll see if he's still undefeated though by the time I even get to him. Currently he's up two runs though.

KJ PUNK
04-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Going up against an undefeated person for the second time in a row, I'm doing good at 7-3. Next week I get to take on ANOTHER undefeated person. We'll see if he's still undefeated though by the time I even get to him. Currently he's up two runs though.

Yeah my team has done AWFUL this week and it didn't help I forgot to adjust my line up yesterday.

RomanFlare
04-27-2012, 02:50 PM

Of the 4 teams still without a loss, one is losing (by 4), one is winning (by 2), and two are playing (6-3, currently). So at least one "undefeated" team will fall this week. Probably me :(

RomanFlare
04-27-2012, 07:22 PM
URGH. Why am I having such a completely shit week? My bats are absolutely pathetic this week.

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Here I was, trying to sneak in to add Bryce Harper to my roster...

DARN YOU PREEMPTIVE PERSON!

RomanFlare
04-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Here I was, trying to sneak in to add Bryce Harper to my roster...

DARN YOU PREEMPTIVE PERSON!

I drafted him, traded him to Jman for a pitcher. :)

Edit: Alex Avila is 0-4 with 7 L.O.B. This is facking bullshit :(

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-27-2012, 08:15 PM
I wish I took him over Brandon Belt. That kid is a conundrum.

I guess I'm going to have to stick to my rookie team, seeing as it is likely I will go to a 1-3-0 record. :(

thejman93
04-28-2012, 12:53 PM
So, when you're 0-3, you can take some chances. Bryce Harper is in my starting lineup tonight. Kid better produce.

Rehmix
04-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Leading in HR once again going into the last day!

Edit: Look at the stats says that the mine and Zero's game is much closer than the score would lead on. Going to be a nail biter!

S.E. Zero
04-29-2012, 01:24 AM
Leading in HR once again going into the last day!

Edit: Look at the stats says that the mine and Zero's game is much closer than the score would lead on. Going to be a nail biter!

I got my ass handed to me again in the fantasy this week, pitching killed me once again -____- my offense was meh. I'll bounce back but not this round.

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-29-2012, 02:20 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Quack Attack has gone for broke and brought up Mike Trout from the minors... *Clutches at straws*

RomanFlare
04-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Whelp, it's Sunday and I'm down 8-2. TIME FOR A MIRACLE COME BACK!

Sully
04-29-2012, 12:46 PM
There's still a chance Rome. There's a lot of close categories there. You're only trailing 3 runs, and 3 home runs, and only one taken base. But you're also only up with one stolen base, and 2 saves.

You could also have a chance of bringing that WHIP down, or at least having his rise. Maybe a little of both?

It's not over....

It probably is though.

RomanFlare
04-29-2012, 01:24 PM
There's still a chance Rome. There's a lot of close categories there. You're only trailing 3 runs, and 3 home runs, and only one taken base. But you're also only up with one stolen base, and 2 saves.

You could also have a chance of bringing that WHIP down, or at least having his rise. Maybe a little of both?

It's not over....

It probably is though.

I grabbed a pitcher who's pitching today against a shitty team to try and bring my WHIP down and it's working. I'm also trying to get 1 win or more to either tie that category or swing it my way as he doesn't have a single starter today where I (now) have two. We're also battling for SB, but I'm now leading and the Runs are REALLY close. As long as my team will hit ~300 today, I should have a great shot. No way in hell I'm winning RBIs, but Runs, HRs, and WHIP are all winnable with TB and SB being close as hell.

Edit: Also went out to get a good C to replace mine since he's sitting today. I'm probably overdoing it, but meh.

Double Edit: I'm also keeping an eye on Jman-Robareid and Broc-R(ob) as they're both close and involve two of the 3 teams without a win (The Flyers, the third team, have a big lead).

Sully
04-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah it's definitely not over, and if he's pitchers do bad in the WHIP category, and you do good, you can get that.

I was struggling a little bit with my line up on who to start. I had Kelly Johnson in the utility, but had to decide whether to put in Adam Dunn or A.J. Pierzynski, even going to consider putting them both in, and Kelly Johnson on the bench. It was then that I figured Johnson could be better then Neil Walker, so I put him in at the 2B spot.

Then I was like, wait...I'm wearing Walker's jersey, I can't bench him, lol. So I put him in at utility. THEN, I found it Nick Swisher could also be put in the OF spot, and I had actually just picked up some guy to fill in an OF spot. So I benched him, put Swisher in at outfield, put Jones in at 1B, and then put Walker and Pierzynski on utility. Worked out perfectly.

Anyways, I actually grabbed Pierzynski out of the Free Agents, and he's not doing too bad at all. I have Buster Posey as my stater, but I'm comfortable with Pierzynski going in on utility.

I'm looking for a 3B though, because Mark Reynolds is the only one I have.

RomanFlare
04-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Yeah it's definitely not over, and if he's pitchers do bad in the WHIP category, and you do good, you can get that.

I was gonna make some comments, then I realized you've got so many big leads in the categories you've got lol. I wish I had your batting average.

Edit: I'M LEADING 5-4! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Double Edit: I just had a closer blow my WHIP lead. Shit. Now I gotta stick in a pitcher against the "Going Going Gone" Rangers and hope for a low WHIP AND the Win (I can't catch ERA).

AirBourne
04-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Finally, my win of the season!

Altuve has produced for me, thank god for the pick-up. lol
And I thought my OF production would suffer with Morse's injury, but this week, it really hasn't.

Plus, all my pitchers this week posting a sub 4.50 ERA helps a ton!

RomanFlare
04-29-2012, 10:30 PM
6 - 5! 6 - 5! Six-five!

The Roma Legionaries pull off yet another miracle sunday! Holy. Shit.

KJ PUNK
04-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Abso-fucking-lutely pathetic showing from my team this week.

Sully
04-29-2012, 11:48 PM
6 - 5! 6 - 5! Six-five!

The Roma Legionaries pull off yet another miracle sunday! Holy. Shit.

Holy shit, he fucking did it.

It was the WHIP too...you got that WHIP down just right.

Dub's WHIP: 1.38

Rome' WHIP: 1.37

Wow...that's something alright. Definitely match up of the week. You also just got ahead with one more stolen base than Dubs.

Sully
04-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Abso-fucking-lutely pathetic showing from my team this week.

Which team were you? Wait...were you that undefeated bastard I took on this week? HA!

Next up, another undefeated bastard...Rehmix. Then after him, I get a nice little break, going up against the winless Broc.

KJ PUNK
04-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Which team were you? Wait...were you that undefeated bastard I took on this week? HA!

Next up, another undefeated bastard...Rehmix. Then after him, I get a nice little break, going up against the winless Broc.

I was. Ha. I knew I wasn't going to win when I didn't have a single HR until like Wednesday.

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-30-2012, 05:26 AM
And I shall congratulate Roman on his upcoming victory against me. His team didn't have the best week, yet it was still plenty enough to beat the duck. Well played.

Come back in a weeks time... ^this is a guaran damn tee :(

RomanFlare
04-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Naw, you'll have a shot Daffy! I had to get an absolutely shit, shit, shit day from Dubs to win on Sunday. Seriously, his team went like 3/50 on the batting end.

Week 4? CAPUT!

1) Napoli and Zero smacked a grand total of 12 homers last week, tieing for the lead.

2) The Roman Legionaries sneak past the Dub Wubs Wubs to remain the last perfect team. The good news for the Dubs, though, is that no one in the Raw division got any closer.

3) For each perfect team, there's a team that just can't get off the ground--Broc Stars are sitting at 0-4. Hopefully they'll get it together against the Punks.

4) Jman keeps the toughest schedule, but Napoli has snuck in with the weakest!

5) Boo to Jman-Robareid who decided to TIE. LAME D:

"Rome's Hottest Match-Up of the Year" of the Week: Napoli Ever After (Rehmix) vs Sully (Sully)
Reason: With only half a game seperating these two teams, this match-up is to Smackdown what Roma v. Dubs was to Raw last week: The winner takes the lead in the division. Both of these teams are coming off hot weeks. This is definitely the match-up to watch outside of your own!

Raw Division Leader: Roman Legionaries - 4-0 (3-0)
Games up: 1 on 2nd place.

Smackdown Divison Leader: Napoli Ever After - 3-0-1 (2-0-1)
Games up: 0.5 on 2nd place.

Napoli Ever After 8
Zero's Nightmares 2

Roma Legionaries 6
Dubs Wubs Wubs 5

Airbourne Flyers 8
Quack Attack 3

Punks Ice Cream Bars 3
Sully 8

Jumping Jmen 5
Rob's Rhinos 5

The Broc Stars 3
R(ob)'s Rabid Rats 8

Roma Legionaries 4-0 (3-0) vs
Quack Attack 1-3 (1-2)

Napoli Ever After 3-0-1 (2-0-1) vs
Sully 3-1 (2-1)

Airbourne Flyers 1-3 (1-2) vs
Jumping Jmen 0-3-1 (0-2-1)

Punks Ice Cream Bars 2-1-1 (1-1-1) vs
The Broc Stars 0-4 (0-3)

Dubs Wubs Wubs 3-1 (2-1) vs
Rob's Rhinos 1-2-1 (1-1-1)

Zero's Nightmares 2-2 (1-2) vs
R(ob)'s Rabid Rats 2-2 (2-1)

Sully
04-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Holy Damn Roman! I think Daffy just hustled you. It's 11-0 right now, lol!

RomanFlare
04-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Holy Damn Roman! I think Daffy just hustled you. It's 11-0 right now, lol!

You're telling me o_o Holy shit. What the hell, Daffy?

Sully
04-30-2012, 11:42 PM
If I win, and Rome loses, I take #1 in the league I think.

I know who I'm rooting for! :D

Rehmix
05-01-2012, 12:25 AM
If I win, and Rome loses, I take #1 in the league I think.

I know who I'm rooting for! :D

It's only the first day guys!

Sully
05-01-2012, 04:52 AM
Especially because most of our players don't have games, or are taking the Monday off to rest for the rest of the week. Mondays and Thursdays are always the most interesting because a lot of players and teams aren't playing.

On top of that, people with big players on the disabled list have to struggle with replacing guys who aren't starting, without releasing anyone important.

I usually have to deal with not putting anyone in that position. Yesterday I got sort of lucky with only having to not start three positions.

RomanFlare
05-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Especially because most of our players don't have games, or are taking the Monday off to rest for the rest of the week. Mondays and Thursdays are always the most interesting because a lot of players and teams aren't playing.

On top of that, people with big players on the disabled list have to struggle with replacing guys who aren't starting, without releasing anyone important.

I usually have to deal with not putting anyone in that position. Yesterday I got sort of lucky with only having to not start three positions.

Yeah, that's mostly why Daffy's got such a large lead. Yes, he blew past me in all the batting stats, but I haven't had a pitcher appear in a game yet, so that's 5 runs I can't even qualify for yet--but that changes today >:]

Daffy Duck's Finest
05-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah, that's mostly why Daffy's got such a large lead. Yes, he blew past me in all the batting stats, but I haven't had a pitcher appear in a game yet, so that's 5 runs I can't even qualify for yet--but that changes today >:]

I don't know about that... I have 2 more pitchers starting today. So, whilst you'll catch me in ERA and possibly WHIP, you need a K marathon. Don't mistake these words for confidence; I still believe the scoreline will be reversed come the end of the week. Think of yesterday as the Opening days for the Royals. Now for the losing streak...