PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with Chris Nowinski's comments about WWE?

YoungQ
08-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Chris Nowinski recently spoke about the WWE work environment, steroid use and more. Here are the highlights…

On Steroid Use: "The WWE rewards the guys who use them."

On The Unsafe Work Environment: "They have an environment where it's absolutely unsafe to work in that ring. They have no oversight into what actually happens in the ring. And they are encouraging steroid use," he said, citing the enormous physiques of recent champions such as Triple H and Batista. "It's garbage that they're not using stuff," he said. "They absolutely know what's going on."

On Painkiller Use In WWE: "They're taking pain killers because they're working 200 nights a year and getting hit unlike anyone in the history of the wrestling business -- it wasn't like that in the '80s, it wasn't like that in the '70s" he said. "I used to go through tables for four days a week."

On Linda's Comments On Lance Cade: "That's complete garbage," he said. "Just kicking dirt on the guy's grave."

I heard of WWE doing this before on the steriod thing. But What do you guys think?

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Yeah I agree with his statements, the guy knows his stuff, has been involved and has known guys who have died intimately, he is an expert on this subject and if he hasn't got an agenda against the WWE, something I feel he doesn't then there is nothing to suggest we shouldn't agree with his comments.

Rassling_Fan
08-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah I agree with his statements, the guy knows his stuff, has been involved and has known guys who have died intimately, he is an expert on this subject and if he hasn't got an agenda against the WWE, something I feel he doesn't then there is nothing to suggest we shouldn't agree with his comments.

Considering he wrestled for the WWE for a year (June 10, 2002 - June 2003) and according to the Wiki he has (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Nowinski), his career was cut short because of a concussion he received during a house show, we can't really confirm if his opinions are for the right reasons or for personal reasons.

And the thing about opinions is that everyone has them.

AGEOFFALL
08-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Lina McMahon's comments were uncalled for.

Wrave
08-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Linda was covering her a$$ and she knows it and I have to agree on the other stuff. A lot of WWE guys play stiffer than anyone else in the business. Vince likes guys who are built like a brick house. Batista, Khali and Show to name a few and I will be damned if Cena, Orton and HHH don't do steroids even a little because they will be written off.

RKOViper
08-19-2010, 02:18 PM
To hell with Linda McMahon and her comments about Lance Cade.

In the video Nowinski said that Linda claimed she may have only met Lance once. Well, so what? Does this make him less human? Does this mean he was not a loyal employee, regardless of his pill addiction? No!

The facts show that she has corrupt issues leading back to how some superstars who don't draw big money as far as WWE goes! She shouldn't hide things and cover it with lies, and especially disrespectful comments. The guy was a human being, he had children, a wife and parents!

Fine, she wants to win some campaign, but at what cost? Disrespectful comments towards someone?

Hope the stone cold biyatch loses.

So yeah, totally agreed with Chris Nowinski.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Considering he wrestled for the WWE for a year (June 10, 2002 - June 2003) and according to the Wiki he has (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Nowinski), his career was cut short because of a concussion he received during a house show, we can't really confirm if his opinions are for the right reasons or for personal reasons.

And the thing about opinions is that everyone has them.

True, he could be biased, however he is still in a far better position than most to comment on the situations and the guy is always outspoken on things like this yet the WWE never rubbish his stance or opinions, mainly because the guy usually has facts and figures to back him up

IrkenInvader
07-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Bump...........

Bodom
07-03-2011, 10:18 PM
A year old thread? You need help.

Necroyeti
07-03-2011, 10:19 PM
'dat thread necromancy