PDA

View Full Version : The CeNexus storyline got interesting?

SilverGhost
10-25-2010, 10:14 PM
-Spoiler if you don't know-

If Barrett loses, Cena is fired.
If Barrett wins, Cena is free from the Nexus.

(First of all, yes on Husky and Joe being part of Nexus!)

Do you think this will stay till Survivor Series? Or the end of Nexus will still happen?

Thoughts? Complaints? Issues?

K2Jelly
10-25-2010, 10:18 PM
I smell another loophole since the stipulation doesn't directly state Barrett has to win the title.

I love the fact MM and HH are in Nexus. I'm starting to see Nexus dissolve with Otunga being the prime factor. I can also sense a possible face turn from him. Nexus probabaly won't end at SS, but at this point, IMO, it relies on Otunga.

Oh yeah, and yes to Gabriel being champ! :D

SilverGhost
10-25-2010, 10:21 PM
I think he did mention the match and title. But either way this has got interesting in my opinion.

Also that Gabriel having the tag team gold is a good idea, who should be his partner? I don't like that its Slater. It should be Joe but that would be thrown together, even though they are Nexus.

K2Jelly
10-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Now that I think about it, the titles should have been given to HH and MM. They've been shown to work together well in the past couple of weeks, they're "fresh", they work under the same faction and it would have been a good way to introduce them.

On another note, I don't see why Barrett would want Cena to be special guest referee with that deal because Wade knows that Cena hates being part of Nexus and that Cena probably would want Barrett to win so he can..........wait a minute.

Barrett, you sly bastard. Now I think I know where this is going.

SilverGhost
10-25-2010, 10:32 PM
You know something? I am lost that if Barrett wins, he needs to worry about Orton AND Cena.

K2Jelly
10-25-2010, 10:36 PM
You know something? I am lost that if Barrett wins, he needs to worry about Orton AND Cena.

But he still has Nexus. A STRONGER Nexus with the addition of MM and HH.

SilverGhost
10-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Tag team champs Nexus and WWE champ Wade Barrett vs Orton and Cena?

Hesterica
10-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Although it was fairly obvious that Cena would be the referee and the stipulation would be put in place, it is interesting to see what will happen at Survivor Series.

SilverGhost
10-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Yeah. Alot of people thought that Survivor Series would be the end of Nexus. Now they are prolonging the Nexus/Cena angle WITH Orton.

Scottland
10-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Well, this storyline with Orton/Nexus/Cena just got a bit more interesting if not odd. If Barrett loses, Cena is fired. If Barrett wins, Cena is free from the Nexus. Originally Barrett was suppose to win the WWE Championship at Bragging Rights (according to some insider sources) & it seems this is the reason why he didn't win. It seems as well that Nexus doesn't seem to be coming to it's end at Survivor Series like planned. I guess WWE is going to carry on the storyline at least until the end of the year. I'm somewhat stumped on where this is going. I just can't imagine Orton losing the WWE title already after he just got it especially since if Orton loses then it just becomes a Cena vs. Barrett thing for the title which would be highly predictable. Giving the title to Barrett would put Barrett in the situation of falling hard especially since the Nexus storyline isn't long term but with MM & HH added it puts everything into question to some extent. Now, it could be possible that Orton wins & Cena gets fired by Barrett because Cena is going to be filming his next film pretty soon this fall which would be a away to give Cena some time off & let him film his new film but I don't see that happening.

The way it seems WWE is going...is Barrett gets the title, Cena gets free from Nexus to be come #1 Contender basically becoming SuperCena again & Orton gets pushed to the side basically just knocking him down a level & out of the picture. Lame but probably true.

AndyWonder
10-25-2010, 11:36 PM
I don't think Nexus will disband especially since they just added two new members.

Do you think this will stay till Survivor Series? Or the end of Nexus will still happen?

AndyWonder
10-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Nope Barrett said it clear, "When I win WWE title, you're free from Nexus." Cena's reaction may have given away the outcome of that match. I don't think a healthy Cena would be taken off TV 5 months away from Wrestlemania.
I smell another loophole since the stipulation doesn't directly state Barrett has to win the title.

I love the fact MM and HH are in Nexus. I'm starting to see Nexus dissolve with Otunga being the prime factor. I can also sense a possible face turn from him. Nexus probabaly won't end at SS, but at this point, IMO, it relies on Otunga.

Oh yeah, and yes to Gabriel being champ! :D

AndyWonder
10-25-2010, 11:42 PM
I don't think Otunga would make a good face and I don't want him to be one.

Scottland
10-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Nope Barrett said it clear, "When I win WWE title, you're free from Nexus." Cena's reaction may have given away the outcome of that match. I don't think a healthy Cena would be taken off TV 5 months away from Wrestlemania.

Dude, the outcome of the storyline has really been revealed & the outcome for the Survivor Series match was practically a given just by tonight. Expect within the next two months Cena as WWE Champion as that's going to be the conclusion for this storyline. They basically have already set Orton to be taken out of the picture by the end of Survivor Series. Barrett will carry the title for the next month or so then Cena wins the title in a match that will revolve around Nexus' disband as a stipulation. SuperCena lives again (sadly).

SilverGhost
10-25-2010, 11:50 PM
I am actually lost in a good way. Nexus gets more members and the title match has weird twists. I am enjoying this!

Jamie66
10-26-2010, 01:56 AM
I see a swerve coming!

Freder
10-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Orton RKO's Barrett and goes for the cover, Cena refuses to count. They stare each other down. AA, Cena throws Wade on top and gives him the title and gets heavy heat. Barrett is champion, Miz cashes in and wins the title. Orton and Cena go at it, A Miz-Barrett feud starts up an Orton-Cena feud starts as Cena tries to explain he did it just to get out of Nexus and is still himself and asks for forgiveness blah blah blah. Nexus continues going after Cena and Miz (possible face turn... nah).

FaceOfSpades
10-26-2010, 07:35 AM
this is actually UNPREDICTABLE. There are about a millon ways wwe can go with this but i can see the ball being dropped...as usual...

SgtGohan
10-26-2010, 07:57 AM
Orton RKO's Barrett and goes for the cover, Cena refuses to count. They stare each other down. AA, Cena throws Wade on top and gives him the title and gets heavy heat. Barrett is champion, Miz cashes in and wins the title. Orton and Cena go at it, A Miz-Barrett feud starts up an Orton-Cena feud starts as Cena tries to explain he did it just to get out of Nexus and is still himself and asks for forgiveness blah blah blah. Nexus continues going after Cena and Miz (possible face turn... nah).
would like to see that happening, i would put miz in the picture big time.

hawaiisjs
10-26-2010, 08:15 AM
I see this happening scenerio happening but i think the match ups would be different.. I think Cena will fight Barrett since Cena will let him win the title and then cause him to lose it to MIZ.. Orton will challenge Miz for the title or HHH will come back and take over while Cena is out filming and fueding with Barrett

Rassling_Fan
10-26-2010, 08:23 AM
You know, Cena is rumored to turn heel. And his stipulation was to join Nexus, which currently is defined as those who listen to Barrett. Though Otunga is upset with how Barrett is running it. Maybe this will lead to a Cena heel turn as he betrays Barrett and takes over Nexus.

Jamie66
10-26-2010, 08:52 AM
this is actually UNPREDICTABLE. There are about a millon ways wwe can go with this but i can see the ball being dropped...as usual...

As usual? As in how? They kept Nexus going, made Barret beat Cena, kept an interesting feud and ressurrected a storyline MANY wanted over because their beatdowns got boring...WWe have upped their game with this storyline, look how many people are guessing and talking about it...You can't say they will drop the ball as usual, because lately (Kane/Taker included) their storylines have been top notch.

TNA 'The very best'
10-26-2010, 11:26 AM
possible but never going to happen, MM&HH have been trying to get into nexus since cena joined, i think. could be wrong. but lets say it was all a plan by cena. he will somehow get out being fired, and him MM & HH take down nexus from the inside and nexus dispands with them 3 going off to be on there own, maybe another wrestler, have 4 in a faction, Cena champ HH&MM tag champs and another (maybe daniel bryan) with Mid card title, what ever it will be ( if they unify the us and ic). possible Heel Faction, i wouldn't mind seeing it down the line.

Rassling_Fan
10-26-2010, 11:56 AM
possible but never going to happen, MM&HH have been trying to get into nexus since cena joined, i think. could be wrong. but lets say it was all a plan by cena. he will somehow get out being fired, and him MM & HH take down nexus from the inside and nexus dispands with them 3 going off to be on there own, maybe another wrestler, have 4 in a faction, Cena champ HH&MM tag champs and another (maybe daniel bryan) with Mid card title, what ever it will be ( if they unify the us and ic). possible Heel Faction, i wouldn't mind seeing it down the line.
I see it a bit differently for that to happen. Cena can see that Barrett has treated his team very poorly (which you saw when Cena disliked how Otunga simply dropped the title). In the comming weeks, we see similar treatment with the others as Cena continues to complain about it. Behind the scene (and off camera), the group outside MM, HH and Barrett go to Cena and wish for him to become the leader of Nexus. Cena, seeing the power Nexus has, decides controlling them would actually be good for his career and take them over behind Barrett's back.

Then after Survivor Series when(if really) that happens, MM and HH become confuse as to what they want to do. They want to join Nexus, but it is Cena who is in charge. Wade tries to convince them to join him since Nexus is nothing without him and after a few weeks they decide to stay with CeNexus by giving Barrett the treatment they usually do. This will eventually lead Cena to win the title from Orton and use his new powers to keep the title, until he loses it thanks to the Undertaker.

Without knowing, by becomming the leader of Nexus, he also inherits the troubles of Nexus, which was them burying him when Kane gave Barrett an offer he couldn't refuse. This leads to a Taker/Cena match at Wrestlemania in which Taker takes out each member of Nexus one by one until there is only Cena left so it'll be a clean one on one fight between face Undertaker and heel John Cena.

cajl616
10-26-2010, 12:06 PM

Did u or any1 else notice the nexus hat wen wade was talking to otunga

TNA 'The very best'
10-26-2010, 12:07 PM
I see it a bit differently for that to happen. Cena can see that Barrett has treated his team very poorly (which you saw when Cena disliked how Otunga simply dropped the title). In the comming weeks, we see similar treatment with the others as Cena continues to complain about it. Behind the scene (and off camera), the group outside MM, HH and Barrett go to Cena and wish for him to become the leader of Nexus. Cena, seeing the power Nexus has, decides controlling them would actually be good for his career and take them over behind Barrett's back.

Then after Survivor Series when(if really) that happens, MM and HH become confuse as to what they want to do. They want to join Nexus, but it is Cena who is in charge. Wade tries to convince them to join him since Nexus is nothing without him and after a few weeks they decide to stay with CeNexus by giving Barrett the treatment they usually do. This will eventually lead Cena to win the title from Orton and use his new powers to keep the title, until he loses it thanks to the Undertaker.

Without knowing, by becomming the leader of Nexus, he also inherits the troubles of Nexus, which was them burying him when Kane gave Barrett an offer he couldn't refuse. This leads to a Taker/Cena match at Wrestlemania in which Taker takes out each member of Nexus one by one until there is only Cena left so it'll be a clean one on one fight between face Undertaker and heel John Cena.

I like this idea better.

RST
10-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Does anybody think that another swerve is coming? Like, after Barrett wins at SS, Miz cashes in ... so Cena is free, and Barrett loses the title.

Cena won't get fired. They'd have to have a damn good reason to keep the face of the company off of TV if he's healthy.

TNA 'The very best'
10-26-2010, 12:49 PM
I could see him getting 'fired' taking dec jan off and making a surprise return at the rumble.

Scottland
10-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Well, some interesting thoughts have been brought up such as Taker vs. Cena, Cena taking over Nexus from Barrett, Miz cashing in & so forth. Truth be told, I don't see any of those things happening. Taker vs. Cena is not happening since WWE has plans for a Sheamus vs. Taker feud for Wrestlemania when Taker returns. Nexus getting involved with the Kane vs. Taker match was a simple political move to protect Taker's character. Cena taking over Nexus from Barrett is a significant stretch & most certainly not going to happen. As for Miz cashing in? Miz will cash in but not during this storyline especially since Miz seems to be doing other things. Personally, I would rather see The Miz cash in & fail to succeed on the cash in.

What really bugs me about this whole storyline with Cena/Nexus/Orton is the simple fact it's become all about Cena & what he's going to do while everyone else is just there. I mean even during the match with Orton & Barrett for the title. All the damn announce team talked about was Cena. It's so damn annoying. I mean it's clear as day how Survivor Series is going to go. Orton gets screwed, Barrett wins the title & Cena is free from Nexus. It's to damn predictable. I think in order for this storyline to really get good is Cena has to be "fired".

the wrestling shade
10-26-2010, 04:10 PM
i think that cena should let wade win the match and after that on raw cena would start the opening promo and start talking about how is it good to be free finaly and all of the sudden randy comes down to the ring and he is not in good mood
so finaly we resume the rivalry between those two and this time it wont be on some title wich is a good thing because these two wrestlers can bring the big fight atmosphere each time they fight each other and if it done in the right way it would be onther good thing to watch on raw (beside we all can see that randy orton doesnt fet to be a world champion right now because he wont be able to work on his charecter)

Freder
10-26-2010, 04:28 PM
We've all come up with some good creative ideas that would be fun. Here's a bad one... Cena is fired! And then on RAW we meet a new masked wrestler named Mr. Can't-C-Me

Scottland
10-26-2010, 04:33 PM
We've all come up with some good creative ideas that would be fun. Here's a bad one... Cena is fired! And then on RAW we meet a new masked wrestler named Mr. Can't-C-Me

Wow...that's like the whole masked Hogan gimmick WWE did for awhile & that was lame.

TNA 'The very best'
10-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Wow...that's like the whole masked Hogan gimmick WWE did for awhile & that was lame.
they did this with the miz last year as well didnt they.

chaos75
10-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Does that mean that Rhodes n McInyre won't get their rematch clause? If so I think that is stupid!

SilverGhost
10-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I like the Miz cashing in part and getting the title but that means he has the wrath of Orton Cena and Barrett/Nexus

Scottland
10-26-2010, 09:01 PM
I like the Miz cashing in part and getting the title but that means he has the wrath of Orton Cena and Barrett/Nexus

I really don't see Miz getting involved with the whole Orton/Nexus/Cena storyline especially since he seems to be involved in another storyline at the moment. I don't see Miz attempting to cashing in until sometime early next year. Part of me thinks it will happen at The Royal Rumble or at the Elimination Chamber PPV. Whenever Miz cashes in I really want to see him fail at the cash in & be the first to lose with the MITB cash in. I don't know...it just seems like that's how it should turn out for him.

SilverGhost
10-26-2010, 09:18 PM
I really don't see Miz getting involved with the whole Orton/Nexus/Cena storyline especially since he seems to be involved in another storyline at the moment. I don't see Miz attempting to cashing in until sometime early next year. Part of me thinks it will happen at The Royal Rumble or at the Elimination Chamber PPV. Whenever Miz cashes in I really want to see him fail at the cash in & be the first to lose with the MITB cash in. I don't know...it just seems like that's how it should turn out for him.

I don't see him being involved with Cena,Orton and Nexus. And I am with you, I want the Miz to be the first man to cash in and fail!

NecroButcher187
10-26-2010, 11:26 PM
I am loving this Orton-cena-Nexus storyline...so much potential to take it a million different ways. Will Orton retain the belt?? Will Cena turn heel?? Will he go back to SuperCena?? Will cena take over Nexus?? How will Wade Barrett be as WWE champion?? Will Barrett continue to add to the ranks of Nexus?? What about the Cena-Otunga connection?? Is there decent in the Nexus?? So many possibiliites, it really does make for riveting T.V. these days. Love the Stipulations for the Survivor Series as well. I fugured cena would be the special guest referee, but I didn't see the swerve coming...Ingenous!!!

SN: Remember, Miz has up to a year to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase, and he didn't win it a WM, but at the MITB PPV, which gives him some time after WM to cash it in. I hope he does win the title, as I see him emerging as one of the top talents in the WWE right now. Gotta give props to a Real World wannabe that fulfilled his lifelong ambition to be in the WWE, much less flourishing there!!

SilverGhost
10-27-2010, 10:09 AM
I am loving this Orton-cena-Nexus storyline...so much potential to take it a million different ways. Will Orton retain the belt?? Will Cena turn heel?? Will he go back to SuperCena?? Will cena take over Nexus?? How will Wade Barrett be as WWE champion?? Will Barrett continue to add to the ranks of Nexus?? What about the Cena-Otunga connection?? Is there decent in the Nexus?? So many possibiliites, it really does make for riveting T.V. these days. Love the Stipulations for the Survivor Series as well. I fugured cena would be the special guest referee, but I didn't see the swerve coming...Ingenous!!!

SN: Remember, Miz has up to a year to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase, and he didn't win it a WM, but at the MITB PPV, which gives him some time after WM to cash it in. I hope he does win the title, as I see him emerging as one of the top talents in the WWE right now. Gotta give props to a Real World wannabe that fulfilled his lifelong ambition to be in the WWE, much less flourishing there!!

Finally some unpredictablility in the WWE!

NecroButcher187
10-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Finally some unpredictablility in the WWE!

Agreed!!!! Finally the WWE is giving us long-suffering fans something worth being invested in, and it's working like a charm.

SilverGhost
10-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Agreed!!!! Finally the WWE is giving us long-suffering fans something worth being invested in, and it's working like a charm.

Its sad to know that this will end soon but I am taking this in as much as I can.

Alot of people thought Nexus will end at Survivor Series but not its not the case.

Tha Crows Nest
10-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Just to clearify for anyone confused. The story of the match is that if Barrett loses, then Cena is fired.

If Barrett wins the title, then Cena is free from the Nexus.

Which means if Barrett wins but doesn't win the WWE Title then Cena is still in the Nexus and we are in the same position we have been in. I personally see Barrett winning the match but not winning the Title and Cena staying in the Nexus. If that doesnt happen I like the Idea of Cena helping Barrett win the title setting him free. Then Cena attacking Barrett setting up for the Miz to come down and cash in MITB to become the new WWE Champion.

jethro
10-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Probably Cena/Nexus might conclude at survivor series,the stakes are high for Cena.

Scottland
10-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Just to clearify for anyone confused. The story of the match is that if Barrett loses, then Cena is fired.

If Barrett wins the title, then Cena is free from the Nexus.

Which means if Barrett wins but doesn't win the WWE Title then Cena is still in the Nexus and we are in the same position we have been in. I personally see Barrett winning the match but not winning the Title and Cena staying in the Nexus. If that doesnt happen I like the Idea of Cena helping Barrett win the title setting him free. Then Cena attacking Barrett setting up for the Miz to come down and cash in MITB to become the new WWE Champion.

As much as I think it's still a bit pre-mature to hand the title to Barrett. It seems more then likely he's going to win the WWE Title at Survivor Series especially since WWE was strongly considering having him win the title at Bragging Rights but changed there mind within the last few days before the PPV. For whatever reason, some within the WWE brass didn't want Orton to win the title when he did (some within thought the title should have gone to Cena) as some believe they should have built him (Orton) up more while he was on a turn from heel to anti-hero. If Barrett wins the title & Cena is free from Nexus then the question becomes what happens to Orton? Let alone who becomes the #1 Contender?

As for The Miz? Yeah...I don't see Miz getting involved either way you look at. Miz isn't in the picture right now especially since WWE seems to be starting a new storyline for him. I really don't see Miz getting into the title picture until some time next year & really, I want to see Miz lose when he cashes in his MITB. Miz becoming the first to lose with the MITB would be great let alone it just fits.

Scottland
10-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Probably Cena/Nexus might conclude at survivor series,the stakes are high for Cena.

I've been saying this ever since it was announced that if WWE really wants to make things interesting have Cena get "fired". I mean really WWE has been doing the storyline all wrong as Cena's situation really (& politically correct) should have been a subplot right after he joined Nexus. The Orton/Barrett feud should have become the main storyline but what do you expect from mediocre teleplay writers.

Personally, have Cena get "fired" let the Orton/Barrett & Nexus feud continue (maybe add someone new to the mix to lead into a new feud for Orton & the WWE Title) then after the Orton/Barrett & Nexus feud ends then bring back Cena down-the-line to have a storyline of Cena getting redemption on Barrett & the Nexus (presumbly without the WWE Title being involved).

SilverGhost
10-28-2010, 12:40 AM
As much as I think it's still a bit pre-mature to hand the title to Barrett. It seems more then likely he's going to win the WWE Title at Survivor Series especially since WWE was strongly considering having him win the title at Bragging Rights but changed there mind within the last few days before the PPV. For whatever reason, some within the WWE brass didn't want Orton to win the title when he did (some within thought the title should have gone to Cena) as some believe they should have built him (Orton) up more while he was on a turn from heel to anti-hero. If Barrett wins the title & Cena is free from Nexus then the question becomes what happens to Orton? Let alone who becomes the #1 Contender?

As for The Miz? Yeah...I don't see Miz getting involved either way you look at. Miz isn't in the picture right now especially since WWE seems to be starting a new storyline for him. I really don't see Miz getting into the title picture until some time next year & really, I want to see Miz lose when he cashes in his MITB. Miz becoming the first to lose with the MITB would be great let alone it just fits.

I agree with this. Also Miz has no business in this angle. Too much on this angle and too many people.

SilverGhost
10-28-2010, 10:56 AM

Doubt it. It will end but not on the dates WWE mentioned. They pushed it.

DarkSide
10-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Doubt it. It will end but not on the dates WWE mentioned. They pushed it.

I'm just disappointed that WWE doesn't have the testicular fortitude (yey, vintage me!) to turn Cena fully heel.

If they do at survivor series - I will eat 3 raw eggs and post the video here.

Belzova
10-28-2010, 11:01 AM
They are already teasing David Otunga leaving the group. He is starting to stand out more from the others, and is always making this "I can not do this anymore" expressions on his face.

SilverGhost
10-28-2010, 12:08 PM
i'm just disappointed that wwe doesn't have the testicular fortitude (yey, vintage me!) to turn cena fully heel.

If they do at survivor series - i will eat 3 raw eggs and post the video here.

wooo!!! Do it if that happened!

SilverGhost
10-28-2010, 12:08 PM
They are already teasing David Otunga leaving the group. He is starting to stand out more from the others, and is always making this "I can not do this anymore" expressions on his face.

Otunga=weak

Not fit for Nexus but it SHOULD HAVE BEEN Slater -.- FML