PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to WWE Fantasy League

URATOOL
02-13-2012, 04:10 PM
With only about 2 weeks to go until launch of my WWE Fantasy League. Does anyone have any more suggestions for rules, scorings etc...

Here are the other threads for information.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?13076-I-m-up-for-running-a-wrestling-fantasy-league-NOT-AN-EFED-but-a-fantasy-league

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?13080-Initial-prices-and-scoring-for-the-fantasy-league-(starting-after-WM)

The final rules and prices will be posted on the 1st March and you will have 4 weeks to finalise your picks. The league then goes live on April 2nd.

Kerrastone
02-13-2012, 05:27 PM
I have some suggestions:

1] You get 2 points for appearing on a show without wrestling. [This will be added to a score if you appear and participate in a match]

2] You get to pick a captain which gets double points.

3] Transfers for a certain period of time. For example a two week gap where you can trade some of your wrestlers for other wrestlers. Maybe you lose points if you make over 2 transfers. [minus 5 points if you make 3 transfers, 10 points if you make 4 etc.]

Just some suggestions. Obviously if they make it too much hard work ignore them but they will give them much more of a fantasy feeling and more of a competition feeling too.

Hope I helped!

Sounds fun!

Y2J___Y2J
02-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Oh cool, this is the first I've heard of this fantasy league.. sounds awesome

G.G.G.
02-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Got any spots left?

I'd like to get in, on free one

URATOOL
02-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Got any spots left?

I'd like to get in, on free one

Should still have spots left. I'm gonna have to cap it at about 40 or 50 entries. But I'm sure we aren't up to that many yet.

TheRockThatIsPhilJones
02-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Definitely in if free!!

Robstar
02-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Do I want to be in this? Can I be bothered? What to do? What to do? The pain!!! The PAIN!!! ;)

Post a link to the startup page again

Rilla
02-13-2012, 06:35 PM
This may interest me.

Daffy Duck's Finest
02-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Do I want to be in this? Can I be bothered? What to do? What to do? The pain!!! The PAIN!!! ;)

Me too! Ahhhh dilemma!

Dubs
02-13-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm up for this.

URATOOL
02-13-2012, 07:59 PM

Don't let fear of failure hold you back.

-TxCxL-
02-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Sounds kool, i may try.

dls1309
02-13-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm all over this, where do I sign up.

Watch me beat all your bitch asses using no one but Matt Stryker, Goldust and Aksana. I'm calling it right now.

The Truth has set ME free
02-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Sounds fun. I'm in.

Kerrastone
02-13-2012, 11:24 PM
How do I do it? Where do I post my team?

URATOOL
02-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Ok, it keep this simple for people to follow I have set up this site to record everything for the league.

http://uraleague.weebly.com/

THIS IS ONLY A TEST SITE. Please do not send me your teams until at least the 1st of March. Until then the prices and scoring system on the site are only examples and not the final figures.

Apologies if admin or mods see this as spam, but it's the simplest way to run the league.

Dierdorf
02-14-2012, 12:10 AM
that looks awesome

G.G.G.
02-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Ok, it keep this simple for people to follow I have set up this site to record everything for the league.

http://uraleague.weebly.com/

THIS IS ONLY A TEST SITE. Please do not send me your teams until at least the 1st of March. Until then the prices and scoring system on the site are only examples and not the final figures.

Apologies if admin or mods see this as spam, but it's the simplest way to run the league.
/
Great Job, where do we sign up

URATOOL
02-14-2012, 02:31 AM
Thanks for all the PMs guys. Just to answer the most common questions.

Entries are to be submitted between 1st March and the 31st March.
Entries should be PMed to me. NOT BEFORE THE 1ST MARCH!
The first 40 entries get a slot.

URATOOL
02-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Rather than start another thread....

Please let me know if you have any suggestions about the league prices, rules, scoring etc..

bearkg88
02-14-2012, 05:18 PM
The only thought that came to my mind, was the swapping out time frame. On the site it says halfway through, but, and maybe it is just me, what if it were after each of the big 4?

URATOOL
02-14-2012, 05:28 PM
The only thought that came to my mind, was the swapping out time frame. On the site it says halfway through, but, and maybe it is just me, what if it were after each of the big 4?

It's an idea. But it would only be after 3 of them. We are starting the league the night after WM so that would be with your starting selection. Also the other three (of the big four) are a bit bunched with only 2-3 months between each. I was thinking of the transfer window being just after NoC in late Sept. But we can see what others think.

bearkg88
02-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Also, I am assuming this would be allowed but I wanted to check, say you spend the majority of your money but you leave yourself with a million, and 2 months down the road you decide to pick up another wrestler. Or, if one of your superstars is future endeavored and your givin back the prorated amount, you could buy another one at any point. That is my question I guess. If we have the point, even when the season is underway, are we able to pick up wrestlers as we wish?

URATOOL
02-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Also, I am assuming this would be allowed but I wanted to check, say you spend the majority of your money but you leave yourself with a million, and 2 months down the road you decide to pick up another wrestler. Or, if one of your superstars is future endeavored and your givin back the prorated amount, you could buy another one at any point. That is my question I guess. If we have the point, even when the season is underway, are we able to pick up wrestlers as we wish?

My thinking was no you couldn't buy wrestlers mid season. However I had toyed with the idea that if you have spare cash and a new wrestler is signed then I can put a price on them and you would be able to buy them. As for FE guys. I've got a rule in there about a partial refund back into your budget, but hadn't thought whether you would also be able to buy a replacement.

What do people think?