PDA

View Full Version : Team 3d

jamesstrange
10-25-2010, 07:00 AM
After hearing that Dixie Carter renewed their contracts I can't help but look back at the Dudley's career. I think they've done everything and been everywhere they need to and when they first came to TNA they were still good but obviously at the end of their careers. In recent years and with what they've done with 3D I've heard some people say there too old and too samey and I used to defend them but now, I think it's better they go before they become one of those teams who just hangs on and it ends up damaging their legacy. Yet, by all means keep them for a backstage role. Let's face it, TNA come really benefit with experience backstage, especially in terms of tag teams. If they were in an advisory role or road agents they could help produce the next generation of tag teams. Also with their academy, it would be perfect if TNA decided to set up a development zone.

All I'm saying is these guys are still invaluable, but in front of the camera there drawing power has diminished and there slot of the roster would be used for a new, younger tag team and they should retire before they ruin there history.

What does everyone else think?

Dameduse823
10-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Team 3D is one of my absolute favorite teams of all time but i think their time is up as far as in the ring. But with them saying that their last match will be with MCMG I think this new contract will have them mostly backstage as creative or promoters.

FatLazyandSexy
10-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Some pro wrestlers cash a check. What a surprise! If they count the lights on the way out. TNA did OK.

Xpacfan
10-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I say "YEA" to more Team 3D! I don't understand how people can say they like watching something but then say they want it to end. Why end a good thing if its still good?

Sydnister
10-25-2010, 06:37 PM
UM... Team 3D are at the end of their career and TNA resigned them. So they fit right in with the other geezers working there.

I am a fan but I agree that they are at the end of their effective wrestling career. So they cash a check and job for a while. Who cares.

Now the Nasty Boys... Them are some viable wrestlers... Just ask Hogan and Bischoff. YIKES!!!

Kashdinero
10-26-2010, 04:21 AM
Supposedly they are going to split and carry on as singles. IF this were to happen it would probably be a mistake. Even if you ignore the epic fail that was their singles careers in wwe, all you have to do is look at them wrestle in tag matches nowadays.
They're a chore to watch, not the joy they once were. Now, imagine them without the other to tag in when they start to get tired!... Not a thing of beauty.

Best place for them in tna is backstage IMO

Personally I would have liked them to go back to wwe for a true "retirement tour" type of run. But personal (and probably physical) problems prevented that from happening. Or to put it another way someone high-up doesn't like buh-buh!!

Xpacfan
10-26-2010, 08:40 AM
UM... Team 3D are at the end of their career and TNA resigned them. So they fit right in with the other geezers working there.

I am a fan but I agree that they are at the end of their effective wrestling career. So they cash a check and job for a while. Who cares.

Now the Nasty Boys... Them are some viable wrestlers... Just ask Hogan and Bischoff. YIKES!!!

^ WWE Mark

Rassling_Fan
10-26-2010, 11:39 AM
I say "YEA" to more Team 3D! I don't understand how people can say they like watching something but then say they want it to end. Why end a good thing if its still good?
Because too much of a good thing isn't a good thing. Billy Gunn and Jesse James (or Kip and BG James as they were in TNA) were awesome as the New Age Outlaws. But when reunited in TNA, breaking up the superior team of 3Live Kru, everything that made them good in WWF was seen as stale and old in TNA because they were gone too long to bring it back. And when reflecting on their WWF time as the NAO, you begin to notice all the bad moments you ignored until recently (like the fact the two of them aren't that good of wrestlers in the first place).

Team 3D/the Dudley Boys have a long history and should be proud of it. But they're more helpful elsewhere, like in the back as people have mentioned.

TNA 'The very best'
10-26-2010, 11:46 AM
WWE missed out big time on not signing these 2, and sorting out the tag team division.