PDA

View Full Version : Premier League TOTW thread!

Steve Austin
02-07-2012, 12:39 PM
I like reading TOTW on BBC website so I thought we could have one :)

Just what it says really, post the XI best players from that league that week.

You can do it for any league but don't be mixing up the leagues! Team of the week from 1 league :)

Steve Austin
02-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Brad Friedel - Made alot of vital saves against Liverpool and also a lot of vital decisions that helped earn Spurs a point.

Michael Dawson - One of his best performances I've seen, he was unbeatable at times.
David Luiz - They may of conceded 3 but he was solid at the back and that is unusual for him, he did his job and did it well.
Glen Johnson - Played at left back against Spurs and was great, showed why he is in the England team.

Adam Johnson - He was the reason Man City beat Fulham, he may of dived but his all round performance was great.
Ryan Giggs - At 38 he's still tearing teams apart, he didn't disappoint against Chelsea and he ran the show.
Scott Parker - Always solid and had to be this past Monday, deserved his Man of the match award.
Juan Mata - Created chances and scored a great goal, another reason why Chelsea should play him down the middle.
Oxlade-Chamerlain - Was great against Utd and even better against Blackburn, showing his quality already and bagged 2 goals.

Robin Van Persie- No doubt he is the best striker around at the moment, he bagged himself another hat-trick and a few assists.
Demba Ba - Comes back from the ACON and scores to help Villa win, signing of the season already.

VanHooliganX
02-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Brad Friedel

Michael Dawson
David Luiz
Glen Johnson

Adam Johnson
Ryan Giggs
Scott Parker
Juan Mata
Oxlade-Chamerlain

Robin Van Persie
Demba Ba

Bolded = I agree with.

Luiz is probably there cause he 'scored'

He isn't very good and didn't play TOWT well against United.

Steve Austin
02-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Bolded = I agree with.

Luiz is probably there cause he 'scored'

He isn't very good and didn't play TOWT well against United.

I really dislike him but no of the goals were his fault and he's never played that well defensively, against Utd aswell, couldn't think of anyone who deserved it over him.

I edited aswell and gave my reasons :)

Pumpkinhead
02-07-2012, 11:31 PM
The problem with Luiz is he left too much spaces, a reason why Chelsea always conceed a lot of goals, agreed we had a good match against United thought

Wade Barrett 1979
02-08-2012, 05:39 AM
No Heskey? You're all idiots!!

:D

Steve Austin
02-08-2012, 07:28 AM
No Heskey? You're all idiots!!

:D

When he scores a goal, he's in! :p

Steve Austin
02-08-2012, 07:29 AM

CGBigMan
02-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Walcott also played well
3 or 4 assists is very good
Ba or Cisse, played as good as each other
although he conceded 3 De Gea had a couple of wonder saves

Wade Barrett 1979
02-08-2012, 08:36 AM

Why did you repeat yourself? :D

Wade Barrett 1979
02-08-2012, 08:36 AM

Steve Austin
02-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Walcott also played well
3 or 4 assists is very good
Ba or Cisse, played as good as each other
although he conceded 3 De Gea had a couple of wonder saves

Walcott was alright, 2 assists really! De Gea was still dodgy, Friedel was exceptional!

Cisse come on and Ba was all round great!

I like the input though! :p

Steve Austin
02-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Smooth chief :p

It looked like it didn't post :p

Steve Austin
02-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Team of the week!

Vorm - Even though Ruddy was great and was on the winning side Vorm made plenty of outstanding saves and kept Swansea in the game. Candidate for signing of the season!

Pablo Zabaleta - Often forgotten due to Micah Richards but Zabaleta hardly has a bad game, he's professional and put in another solid performance today.

Elliot Ward - Dropped into a makeshift defence with a centre back partner that is a right back he could of had a tricky day, it didn't phase him though and he put in a solid display, vital interceptions and blocks as well as doing extremely to keep the ball in and set up a goal.

Johnny Evans - Referred to as Utd's 5 best centre back these days but showed his great form of a few years ago against Liverpool, he was exceptional at everything he did and had to be.

Leighton Baines - Questions about Ashley Cole's performances has been good for Baines, he's consistently good and proved it in another great performance against Chelsea.

Stephen Pienaar - Back to Everton after a poor spell at Spurs he slotted in nicely, he ripped the Chelsea defence apart time and time again and even bagged a goal.

Paul Scholes - Just like Giggs last week Scholes showed if you've still it doesn't matter about age, his passing was spot on as usual and he kept Utd calm under pressure, he had a great all round game and they are going to miss him again when he leaves.

James McClean - Shot to prominence under O'Neill and put in another top performance, focus was on Arsenal's wide men but he stood out above both and bagged himself a goal.

Wayne Rooney - Never great against Liverpool he scored 2 vital goals and after that he was on top of his game, the difference between the two teams!

Peter Odemwingie - Criticised for not contributing enough, this hat-trick will silence the critics in a emphatic win for WBA.

Grant Holt - He wasn't given a chance by many to prove himself in the prem but 11 goals this season says otherwise, he scored another 2 in a great win against Swansea and was had an all round great game, captain fantastic!

Emmanuel Adebayor - 4 assists and a goal, how can he not be in the TOTW,when he's on form he can't be stopped.

Goal of the week!

Can't get videos of it :(

1. Mark Davies vs Wigan

2. Pavel Pogrebnyak vs Stoke

3. James McClean vs Arsenal

Wade Barrett 1979
02-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Really good picks chiefs! I pretty much concur! :)

Steve Austin
02-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Really good picks chiefs! I pretty much concur! :)

Cheers chief :p

I might leave Goal of the week out, I thought I could get vids :(

CGBigMan
02-12-2012, 01:35 PM
good picks but can we make suggestions first?

Wade Barrett 1979
02-12-2012, 01:37 PM

Give us your own team chief! :)

Steve Austin
02-12-2012, 01:37 PM

Yes you can but final decision lies with me on the one I post, opinions are welcome.

You can pick your own TOTW if you want :)

CGBigMan
02-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Give us your own team chief! :)

i would but i need to watch MOTD tonight

Wade Barrett 1979
02-12-2012, 01:45 PM
i would but i need to watch MOTD tonight

Coolio! Look forward to seeing it after then! :)

Steve Austin
02-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Team Of The Week Carling Cup and Premier League Special.

GK: Tom Heaton - Almost a Cardiff hero and still very much deserves the praise, Liverpool had 39 attempts and some may put it down to poor finishing he pulled of a sting of fantastic saves and the best one was from a Gerrard penalty in the shoot-out.

RB: Bacary Sagna - Had a terrific game against Spurs, Arsenal are known for their defensive lapses but he had a solid game against Spurs and had to up against Bale. He capped off a solid perfomance with the goal that started the comeback.

CB: Ben Turner - Along with Mark Hudson he was a rock at the back against Liverpool, he had to be at the top of his game and he was, solid performance and he even helped up the other end scoring a late equaliser to take it to pens.

CB: Gary Cahill - Yet to win a game in a Chelsea shirt he came up against his old club Bolton, playing at centre back with David Luiz isn't the easiest thing to do but he did it well helping Chelsea to clean sheet and a first win in 5 games, some oustanding defending at times.

LB: Aleksandar Kolarov: Slow start to his City Career (Much like his doppleganger Dzeko :p ) But against Blackburn he was exceptional, didn't have much defending to do but going forward he was unstopable and put in a some delightful crosses gaining two assists in the process, showing why Mancini prefers him over Clichy and why they paid £17m for him.

RM: James Morrison - He's a player I really like, I've never seen him put in a bad performance, on Saturday he was exceptional against a Sunderland side very much expected to win. He was the best player on the pitch and scored a decisive goal in the 4-0 drumming of Sunderland.

CM: Thomas Rosicky - Bought as a Pires replacement he started well for Arsenal but since then he's been plagued by injuries, with Fabregas and Nasri leaving he had to step up and with Wilshere injured as well he had a chance to show why he was bought to replace Pires. Great performance against Tottenham, he along with Arteta and Song ran the midfield making Parker and Modric look average, great performance and scored the goal that completed the turnaround.

CM: Ryan Giggs - 900th appearence just says it all, 38 years old and still playing like he's 18. Exceptional player and an exceptional performance again Norwich in everything he did while also scoring a last minute winner.

LM: Stewart Downing - Yet to perform for Liverpool but he showed why Liverpool bought him against Cardiff. Some of his play at time was exceptional and even though against Championship opposition those crosses would of been deadly against any team, it's just a shame no one gambled and got on the end of them, all round great performance and finished it off with a pen in the shootout.

CF: Robin Van Persie: He's having the season of his life and had one of his best all round performances against Tottenham, it looked to all be going wrong and he managed to rally the players and turn it around, he ran Spurs' defence ragged and scored a cracking goal that put Arsenal level at half time, they don't need Batman, they have Robin.

CF: Kevin Doyle: I couldn't have more respect for Kevin Doyle, every games he gives it his all, sometimes he plays 90 minutes with no support at all and just chases everything, against Newcastle he did exactly that for 45 minutes but second half Wolves players supporting him help tremendously, he played a huge part in the comeback and scored a fully deserved the luck for his goal.

Wade Barrett 1979
02-27-2012, 02:18 PM
I think you missed Cahill's name! :p

I'd have put in Odemwinge! :)

Steve Austin
02-27-2012, 02:20 PM
I think you missed Cahill's name! :p

I'd have put in Odemwinge! :)

Haha oh yeah, cheers chief :p

I considered him but had to have those 2.

Wade Barrett 1979
02-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Haha oh yeah, cheers chief :p

I considered him but had to have those 2.

Sometimes with RVP it gets to the point where you only consider him if he scores a hat trick, he's that good all the time.

Tomsta666
02-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Props on the 2 Cardiff players and only 1 Liverpool! :cool:

Steve Austin
02-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Sometimes with RVP it gets to the point where you only consider him if he scores a hat trick, he's that good all the time.

Yeah it really does but he was excellent in the comeback and I had to have him :)

Props on the 2 Cardiff players and only 1 Liverpool! :cool:

That's because Liverpool were poor other than Downing and Skrtel but the other 2 CBs deserved it more, Kuyt did well but wasn't on the pitch long enough. Cardiff could of had more in there but others deserved their place :)

Steve Austin
03-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Team Of The Week

Ben Foster - Made some crucial saves in a fine performance from West Brom, as much as they deserved the win it could of easily gone the other way, solid games from him. (Tough not choosing Szczesny but I think Foster deserved it a little more)

Bacary Sagna - Since coming back from injury he's been conisistently great, assists, solid defending and even a goal or two. Yet another solid performance from the Frenchman.

Rio Ferdinand - Often criticised for his lack of pace he had an exceptional game against Spurs and kept Adebayor quiet all game, yet another great performance from him and another reason why so many want him in the England team at the Euro's (I think him and Lescott)

Jose Enrique - Been the most consistent defender all season, always performs great and regardless of Walcott's technical ability he's fast and beats most full backs with ease. Enrique was having none of that, matched him for pace all game, out done him all game and took him completely out of the game. Contender for signing of the season, or certainly defender of the season!

Aaron Lennon - Lennon was the bright light in what was a dark day for Spurs, they may have played well but there weren't too many threats to Utd's goal. Lennon though was outstanding, not consistent during a season and seems to need a reason to play well like being dropped but he certainly played well today, he ran Evra ragged all day and created many dangerous opportunites.

Clint Dempsey - He's scored 27 goals this season, that says it all, the new McBride he could be called, he's a great player and one I think deserves better than Fulham (If he wants it) Another great performance capped off with 2 goals, one inperticular was exceptional.

Yaya Toure - Mr. Man City, such a power house, a leader and a great all round player, he didn't disappoint aganst Bolton either, running the show, winning the ball back one minute and setting up chances the next, he hasn't had a bad game for City and doesn't look like he ever will. Could prove to be one of City's best signings ever!

Gylfi Sigurdsson - Always been a fan of Glyfi, since his Reading days, when I saw him come to Swansea I knew it would be a good fit, he's been brilliant and slotted in to that team nicely, was the same again against Wigan and scored two cracking goals.

Ashley Young - Hasn't justified his move to Man Utd, every game of his has been below par, he's invisible at times. Against Spurs he was great, two quality goals and an assist making it impossible for him to be invisble and for him not to be in TOTW.

Robin Van Persie - What a surprise Van Persie in TOTW. He's almost too good. Doesn't stop scoring and really does carry Arsenal at times, he did it again against Liverpool and scored two great goals to give them a win even he said they didn't deserve, RVP did what he had to do and his form looks like grabbing them the 4th spot in the table.

Pavel Pogrebnyak - Zamora who? Fans must of been skeptical when Zamora was sold, star man for a long time and then they hear of Fulham signing a player most of them probably have never heard of. If there was any doubt it's gone now, 2 goals in his first 2 games and then a hat-trick today in an all round great performance, it was a perfect hat-trick too!

Steve Austin
03-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Can't be bothered to write long posts so just gonna do the team :p

GK: Adam Bogdan
RB: Martin Kelly
CB: Johnny Heitinga
CB: Ashley Williams
LB: John O'Shea
RM: Junior Hoillet
CM: Steve Gerrard
CM: Juan Mata
LM: Ryo Miyachi
CF: Wayne Rooney
CF: Victor Moses

Steve Austin
03-26-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm getting lazy... Anyway this weeks TOTW:

GK: Ali Al Habi
RB: Simpson
CB: Cahill
CB: Wheater
LB: Baines
RM: Ben Arga
CM: Sessegnon
CM: Whitehead
LM: McClean
ST: Cisse
ST: Crouch

Could of argued a case for Holt upfront and Evra and Valencia as well but I think they were just edged out :)

Steve Austin
04-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Team of the Week!

GK: Foster
RB: Ivanovic
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Williamson
LB: Kolarov
RM: Valencia
CM: Larsson
CM: Taarabt
LM: Bale
ST: Adebayor

THE HEARTBREAK KID
04-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Team of the Week!

GK: Foster
RB: Ivanovic
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Williamson
LB: Kolarov
RM: Valencia
CM: Larsson
CM: Taarabt
LM: Bale
ST: Adebayor

Nice team bro! not sure you can get away with Larsson as CM though chief. :)

Steve Austin
04-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Nice team bro! not sure you can get away with Larsson as CM though chief. :)

Cheers chief :) He'll be fine :p

Steve Austin
04-09-2012, 06:15 AM
Given

Ivanovic
Collins
Ridgewell

Dempsey
Cabaye
Scholes
Arteta
Gerrard