PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On WWE Bragging Rights

Scottland
10-24-2010, 09:50 PM
So, what is your thoughts on WWE Bragging Rights results?

Rich Cranium
10-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Not the best ending to the Barrett/Orton match

Robstar
10-24-2010, 10:34 PM
I had a feeling that Undertaker would lose again. There's money to be made from this feud and it also caters to 'Takers light schedule with a lot of it promo & ppv based. He'll likely disappear for a bit, IMO.

The tag title change was a bit pointless. Cena & Nexus already dominate the landscape and it's a waste of the titles. And with Otunga? *smh*

Is Daniel Bryan IC champ now? It wasn't belt vs belt unification was it?

The whole Cena/Nexus/Orton thing has got me confused and maybe Orton will be enough to turn Cena heel.

I truly thought that they would give the Bragging Rights trophy to Raw this year, but obviously Smackdown still needs the push.

wallyman
10-24-2010, 10:50 PM
one good match ziggles vs danielson.....BFG was better more better matches entertaining and best of all SHOCKING!!!!

Scottland
10-24-2010, 11:01 PM
I gave my thoughts earlier but this website had some sort of glich & erased my post.

Here's my thoughts on the 3 big matches tonight:

Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett: was a pretty good match. Barrett is going to be a good main eventer but needs to polish his in-ring work a bit more & establish an assemblege moveset for himself. Orton winning tonight was a no brainer let alone Orton had the loudest pop tonight as he's clearly on top with the fans. Orton RKO-ing Cena & Barrett tonight made a statement for his character that he's a one man show which is very Stone Cold-like (smart move on WWE's part). WWE is clearly appointing Orton to be the man & the fans are clearly going for it (love it). I like the twist WWE did with the Cena/Barrett situation as Barrett just stated he must win tonight & he did BUT without the title. This is clearly the beginning of the end of Nexus. It's going to be interesting to see where the Cena/Nexus angle goes but also where does Orton go from here.

The Undertaker vs. Kane: this was a decent match with Taker dominating throughout really. Taker losing isn't a surprise by any means especially since he's taking time-off to have shoulder surgery. Expect Taker to make his return around the Royal Rumble to have a rematch with Kane. There is a slight chance it may happen at Survivor Series but that's doubtful. It's interesting to see where they go from here with Kane as champ until Taker's return. I just don't get Nexus getting involved with this match as it just seemed out of place let alone doesn't make sense (weird move on WWE's part).

Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown: this was a decent match but could have been better with more chaos involved let alone WWE could have created some new storylines for feuds following this match but didn't & really only established Mysterio & Del Rio will be continuing to feud to Survivor Series. Team Smackdown winning was another clear pick as Team Smackdown had more faces then heels unlike Team Raw.

P.S. Also, what was the point of Rhodes & McIntyre losing there Tag titles to Otunga & Cena? This move just seems to put the Tag titles off to the side which seems to be a waste let alone doesn't make much sense again (another weird move on WWE's part).

Verdammung
10-24-2010, 11:16 PM
I thought it was weird having two Buried Alive matches in the same PPV was weird.

Ohh wait, McIntyre & Rhodes vs. Otunga & Cena wasn't a Buried Alive match? Metaphorically it was for the tag team division.

Hesterica
10-24-2010, 11:17 PM
My guess for the tag titles is that they will defend it under free bird rule

BigWillie54
10-24-2010, 11:42 PM
lol at hogan and bishoff being part of "they" being shocking.

anyways it was a very good ppv. I would have hated the ending but then orton rko cena which may lead to something in the fututre.

SilverGhost
10-24-2010, 11:52 PM
one good match ziggles vs danielson.....BFG was better more better matches entertaining and best of all SHOCKING!!!!

You just compared TNA's biggest ppv to an insignificant ppv. Try again.

BFG vs WM.

nrb6304
10-25-2010, 12:01 AM
idk what anybody is talking about, I think every match brought it's own thing to the table to make tonight's PPV an entertaining night. ALOT MORE entertaining then HIAC.
Ziggler and Danielson's match EASILY was the match of the night
Ted and Goldust had an awesome match
Hell I'll even throw a shout out to the divas, they had a pretty good match too.
I feel like Kane/Taker deleivered and the Nexus involvement was a nice surprise
Bragging Rights was an awesome match as well. Sure there was never a HUGE brawl, and sure they really didn't start any NEW rivalries but I think it was fun
Orton/Barrett was actually the only "snooze" match till the end. I feel a triple threat coming at SS.

IDC what anybody says tonight was entertaining TO ME. And guess what whether it be TNA/ROH/WWE/CZW/WCW/ECW/NWA/AJPW/NJPW wrestling is suppost to be ENTERTAINMENT and tonight I feel like I was entertained.

SilverGhost
10-25-2010, 12:06 AM
This PPV was ok. It had its moments that I enjoyed.

Ziggler vs Bryan was the match of the night!

nrb6304
10-25-2010, 12:10 AM
This PPV was ok. It had its moments that I enjoyed.

Ziggler vs Bryan was the match of the night!

IMO it wasn't "GREAT" but it was better then "OK". "GOOD" is the proper word I'm looking for

"HORRIBLE"
"OK"
"GOOD"
"GREAT"
"AWESOME"

Is that too many ratings?

hey you guys(and girls)
10-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Ziggler versus Bryan was the highlight of a descent ppv but why the tag titles get even more devalued is beyond me and the main event was awful,it had the atmosphere of a dark match.

SilverGhost
10-25-2010, 12:22 AM
IMO it wasn't "GREAT" but it was better then "OK". "GOOD" is the proper word I'm looking for

"HORRIBLE"
"OK"
"GOOD"
"GREAT"
"AWESOME"

Is that too many ratings?

Lol you can rate it as many times you want.

I think my good moments was the Ziggler vs Bryan match, Nexus(Otunga and Cena, though why couldn't be Gabriel? I would think they would fit better. FU(AA) move Rhodes/McIntyre to the corner for Gabriel to 450 them for the win. Cena shows respect for Gabriel but realized that he is in Nexus and leaves the ring. Leaving Gabriel to celebrate with both titles. Though just an idea.) winning tag team gold against McIntyre/Rhodes was another good one for me.

Scottland
10-25-2010, 12:53 AM
the main event was awful,it had the atmosphere of a dark match.

What are you talking about? That match was probably the only match that the crowd was ever into. Some of the other matches had a few moments that the crowd was into but nothing much. Actually, the atmosphere in Minnesota was pretty dull for most the night. I mean only a few guys got major pops tonight as well. The atmosphere at the PPV was just not good overall as the crowd was just not hot (only in certain moments they were hot).

SilverGhost
10-25-2010, 12:57 AM
The main event was good. Just I wish they haven't focused on Cena and just wrestled a championship match.

john42277
10-25-2010, 02:02 AM
The PPV overall was pretty good. The Danielson vs Ziggler match was by far the best match of the night. Wow , 20+ minutes of wrestling with no outside interference or other bullshit on a WWE show..that was a pleasant surprise. Please have a PPV with all WRESTLING matches and I will be happy (also some blood when needed wouldn't hurt)

Hesterica
10-25-2010, 02:07 AM
It was a good show for me. Got entertained. Nexus interfering with Kane vs Taker was kind of a nice surprise but at the same time, confusing. Why would they do that? Maybe to get rid of another top dog and they also invade Smackdown? Cena getting Orton dq'ed is a way for them to have a safe exit...I think they need to take a few more risks with their storylines.

creativewrestling
10-25-2010, 04:17 AM
Terrible. Too predictable and Nexus has nothing to do with Kane and Taker.

Kashdinero
10-25-2010, 07:24 AM
It was great to hear the crowd fully behind Daniel bryan. Another great ppv outing for the "best in the world"..... Wonder who he'll job to on raw tonight!

AndyWonder
10-25-2010, 08:35 AM
There was no reason for Nexus to get involved in the Buried Alive match. The group gets enough exposure as it is.

Bodom
10-25-2010, 09:14 AM
There was no reason for Nexus to get involved in the Buried Alive match. The group gets enough exposure as it is.

Eh.. They already booked themselves into a corner with that match.

If anything, Nexus should have dressed like The Executioner

latreal23
10-25-2010, 10:01 AM
It was great to hear the crowd fully behind Daniel bryan. Another great ppv outing for the "best in the world"..... Wonder who he'll job to on raw tonight!
Best in the world? Are you kidding? If he's the best in the world then Chris Jehrico's a god

Bodom
10-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Best in the world? Are you kidding? If he's the best in the world then Chris Jehrico's a god

Jericho isn't a god already?

xAzureSkye
10-25-2010, 10:05 AM
i didn't like Natalya losing to Layla or the fact that once again Cena gets another title!

jamesstrange
10-25-2010, 10:57 AM
I just watched the PPV and I have to say, did anyone else notice that really the end of the buried alive match is the same as what they do almost ever time the undertaker loses?...he rarely can be pinned, so what happens in these matches? so one interferes and does it to make him look strong and not lose credibility and make the heel look weak. It happened at Survivor series 2005 with the Buried Alive against Vince, it happened during his match with JBL with the Last Ride match with Heinireich. It just feels insulting because yes they can go somewhere go with it, but we've seen this all before only a few years ago. Surely the Undertaker, as he is wouldn't stand to loss any credibility if he lost cleanly?

SilverGhost
10-25-2010, 11:13 AM
I just watched the PPV and I have to say, did anyone else notice that really the end of the buried alive match is the same as what they do almost ever time the undertaker loses?...he rarely can be pinned, so what happens in these matches? so one interferes and does it to make him look strong and not lose credibility and make the heel look weak. It happened at Survivor series 2005 with the Buried Alive against Vince, it happened during his match with JBL with the Last Ride match with Heinireich. It just feels insulting because yes they can go somewhere go with it, but we've seen this all before only a few years ago. Surely the Undertaker, as he is wouldn't stand to loss any credibility if he lost cleanly?

So your saying, Undertaker could barely be pinned but in this type of match he loses completely?

Well...I mean.....Taker has lost a bunch of times in this type of match....

DirtySteal
10-25-2010, 11:40 AM
This PPV was goddamn awful.

I am amazed people actually pay for this shit nowadays.

If WWE thinks that two screw job finishes in two main title matches both involving the Nexus is acceptible then they are having a laugh.
Taker and Kane story has nothing to do with Nexus and they just shove them in, just terrible.

I dont think i'm going to even bother watching any PPVs on a free stream untill the Rumble.

WWE is just wasting my time.

eyehatecena
10-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Why they did not put the title on Nattie- thats something I could never understand- buts its WWE. As far as the way the main even ended- eh, predictable, but like I said, its WWE. They should have swrved us, had him actaully take out Orton.

cubco
10-25-2010, 01:04 PM
I know this is a long shot, but just imagine how epic it would be . . .

The GM gave everyone in the Nexus a 'contract' to be on the Raw roster. The Nexus said that there is a higher power and they are going to do something that no other team have ever done. Last night, they helped Kane beat and bury The Undertaker.

Now, the twist is that HBK is infact the GM and was in cahoots with The Nexus the entire time and then when the Buried Alive Match was announced, it was the opportunity they were waiting for. HBK is back in a non-wrestling role, the manager of The Nexus, the Raw GM and the guy responsible for taking out Undertaker. He says that the entire time NXT was on, Jericho was never with Barrett off screen, so HBK was secretly training him the entire time and then built the foundation which ended up as The Nexus. HBK says The Undertaker ended his wrestling carear, but he personally trained Barrett and the Nexus to get his redemption against The Undertaker. When the Undertaker returns, it leads to The Undertaker vs Wade Barrett w/ Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania.

It won't happen. But just imagine if it did. If HBK was behind it the whole time. A man can dream.

TheRock
10-25-2010, 01:12 PM
A few things stood out from this PPV for me.

- There were way too many meaningless matches. Both RAW and Smackdown are allocating way too much airtime to their main feuds with the main eventers that in the end of the day every other PPV bout feels like a last minute idea. For example, why would Daniel Bryan fight Ziggler? Ted DiBiase and Goldust?? The Tag Team division seems like a last minute joke altogether.....even the two brand teams were assmbled by default, with no rivalries to talk about at all...i mean when rey was fighting cm punk in the later stages of the fight, the commentators never once alluded to the fact that it was reys fault CM has the short hair.....i mean giving these fights more historical context engages the viewer more, but they failed in that respect.

- Not giving Natalya the title was a joke.....how long do they want to be putting LayCool over?? They are never going to get more over as heels as they are now so why continue it?? Natalya genuinly wretled rings around Layla, she was doing stuff that would put a lot of the mens roster to shame, and yet one boot to the head and Layla has the pin. Its ridiculous and hurts the womens division more than anything. Make Natalya champion and gear her up for a title rivalry with a returning Beth Phoenix that culminates with a solid wrestling match at Mania 27

- Great ending to the Goldust match. Absolutely loving the fact that Goldust is getting more airtime and doing less jobbing. I always believed he was a main event wrestler that was held back by his gimmick. They never allow the cartoon comedy character to take the top prize but he has the in-ring ability, the charisma etc to pull it off.

- The tag team match should have taken place and putting belts on Nexus wasnt a bad idea but not in this way. These belts will split the group up even more instead of empowering it as they should. And as someone else mentioned here, Gabriel should have been with Cena, not Otunga. They are making the nexus out to be terrible wrestlers, which despite that being true to an extent, it doesnt benefit WWE in any way to portray that so imo they should have used Gabriel who can actually carry a match and not Otunga who needs to be carried heavily.

- RAW vs Smackdown was boring. Not enough finishers in the match and way too predictable...i wanted something shocking out of it since it is afterall the main theme of the entire pay per view. This is the match that defines it but nothing momentous happened in it. Not even one new rivalry came out of it. Huge let down.

- Taker vs Kane was better than i had anticipated....we all knew Taker would lose but i wasnt happy at the lack of finishers, chokeslam aside, and Nexus interferring was rather pointless although now it opens up the option of Taker returning to feud with Kane or Barrett at Mania depending on who has the belts and if he returns at Survivor Series or at Royal Rumble....dont believe this Brock Lesnar hype for one minute btw

- Orton vs Barrett was disappointing. Im still waiting for that one time when Barrett will win a match clean....this just keeps making the Nexus look bad. Wade was ready, he needed the belt and imo the belt needed him...the last heel to hold the belt was Batista and nobody for one second believed he was staying so it was a bit of a farce...Also i hated how despite having a huge star in the ring in Randy Orton and the biggest up and coming main eventer they still managed to make the match focus almost always on John Superman Cena....they never learn....

Just my two cents....

el gabo
10-25-2010, 01:32 PM
My problem with WWE right now is where the F*ck is CM Punk? He's the best heel right now and I haven't seen a combined 10 minutes of him in the last two weeks. He should of been one of the last three in the match last night.

TheRock
10-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Punk didnt get that much of a pop when he made his entrance but when he got in the ring and started wrestling the whole arena was chanting CM PUNK! CM PUNK!

WWE can only ignore calls like that for so long.

Kashdinero
10-25-2010, 03:26 PM

Easy tiger!!

Had you heard of Bryan danielson before he came to wwe? Are you aware that fans in (small) around America used to chant "best in the world" when he was in the ring?
Did you notice the quotation marks? Did I mention chris Jericho anywhere in my post? Are you a fan of random questions?

Ive been following jericho for a looooong time, from smokey mountain to war (super j cup 95 anyone???) to Mexico to ecw to wcw to wwf to wwe!!! so there's no need to try to sell me on the mans greatness
But Daniel bryan is waaaaay more advanced technically than Jericho "EEEEEVVER" was. Although I'm not saying he's a bad wrestler, Jericho is quite sloppy on occasion. Obviously Jericho's character is light years ahead of bryans.
I would agree Jericho is a wrestling god. But Daniel is the "best in the world" like Jericho is "the best there is at what he does", like Bret is "the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be" and like the NWO were the "best thing going today"