PDA

View Full Version : TNA's "Immortal" storyline

WWTNA
10-24-2010, 05:48 PM
there has been alot of people who hate the "they" storyline in tna i feel it makes sense now since eric explained the plan on Reaction all i'm saying is that does anyone get the storyline now or still hate the idea?

Bodom
10-24-2010, 05:49 PM
there has been alot of people who hate the "they" storyline in tna i feel it makes sense now since eric explained the plan on Reaction all i'm saying is that does anyone get the storyline now or still hate the idea?

I laughed my ass off when Dixie Carter's name appeared in the credits.

Rich Cranium
10-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Dixie is "They" undercover. JK.

roho65
10-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Does any of this seem familiar to anyone? Lets go back a few years and just call it NWO.This is just a rehash of the same stuff that destroyed WCW.
The only thing that will save TNA is new ideas,fresh angles and storylines.They need fresh eyes.Now where to get those from might be those old
timers that everyone is tired of hearing from.If you look at the past,a lot of the best bookers and writers were either current or ex-wrestlers.Maybe
they should let some of the talent have some input into the storylines.Just a thought.

brad9993
10-24-2010, 08:13 PM
i like it, and liked it from the start.

WWTNA
10-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Does any of this seem familiar to anyone? Lets go back a few years and just call it NWO.This is just a rehash of the same stuff that destroyed WCW.
The only thing that will save TNA is new ideas,fresh angles and storylines.They need fresh eyes.Now where to get those from might be those old
timers that everyone is tired of hearing from.If you look at the past,a lot of the best bookers and writers were either current or ex-wrestlers.Maybe
they should let some of the talent have some input into the storylines.Just a thought.

well i agree with you but i dont think nwo messed up wcw it was money and vince russo that killed wcw but i like what your saying tna needs to stop trying to be like the past (wcw ecw) and get with the times

jwt15
10-24-2010, 09:02 PM
The AOL/Time Warner merger killed WCW not Russo not NWO not Money

wallyman
10-24-2010, 09:54 PM
why do people blaim wcw death on vince russo...lol...and hogan..idk if anyone remmbers but they had been gone for a long time when wcw started to foldl...what killed wcw was aol they wanted nothing to do with wrestling and they sold it to vince..come on guys dont blaim russo for wcw death...and nwo killed wcw true in many ways...but this immorotals storyline is with tna originals i am sure they will b put over ;)

Splattered-Dreams
10-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Beer!! Money!!

Rassling_Fan
10-25-2010, 12:06 PM
I missed Reaction. How did they explain that Abyss and Jeff Hardy were They all along yet despite having them as the top two contenders for the title before starting the tournament? Or how Eric planned on Jeff and Angle ending up in a tie numerous time for a three way match?

The AOL/Time Warner merger killed WCW not Russo not NWO not Money
The reason AOL/Time Warner killed it was because they saw how much money it was spending yet the ratings they produced. So technically, it was because of them.

hendrix1564
10-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Where are they going with this?
That's what i want to know. lol

I understand what they are trying to do...
But it's been done before.
Hulk and Eric are not breaking any new ground.

BTW
I thought TNA was much better before Hulk and Eric came into the picture.

Splattered-Dreams
10-25-2010, 12:30 PM
I thought TNA was much better before Hulk and Eric came into the picture.

You're not the only one. Ironic, how with the return of a wrestling "legend," comes a decline of actual wrestling content in the shows

hendrix1564
10-25-2010, 12:43 PM
You're not the only one. Ironic, how with the return of a wrestling "legend," comes a decline of actual wrestling content in the shows

Hulk Hogan was just there at the right time and at the right place. (Back in the day)
He could never really wrestle. You see one Hulk Hogan match you've seen them all.
Oooo he can do a big boot and a leg drop...ooo wish i could do that... XD
He was a strong guy though. I have to give him that.

Xpacfan
10-25-2010, 01:27 PM
i like it, and liked it from the start.

^ This in regards to me as well. It kept me interested and whether others would like to admit it or not...just when we would think we figured out who "They" were, we ended up being wrong. It reminds me of the good old days of trying to figure out who the bad guy really was (i.e. Rikishi hitting Stone Cold with a car and HHH slamming HBK's head through a car window) and of a overpowered stable taking over the company (i.e. NWO, Coporate Ministry, and McMahon-Helmsy faction).

I just think we need more of this because its more interesting and it feels like the faces are taking it to "the powers that be".

shanethewolf
10-25-2010, 02:14 PM
I like Jeff Hardy as a heel and his downbeat promos have been pretty good, reminiscent of Raven in his prime.

I also like the Jeff Jarrett and Angle feud and the way they've dropped real life issues into it. It makes it feel more legit and less insulting to the intelligence than the usual soap opera crap.

Hulk and Eric are very plausible as megalomaniac heels. I hate them, but that's exactly the response they should be getting.

Unfortunately Abyss doesn't fit into the picture at all. He should be a loner, a mysterious wrecking machine and it doesn't suit him to be part of a faction. Likewise, AJ Styles is so out of place and makes a lousy heel. He really should be the face of TNA right now, the guy Fortune and Immortal are trying to take down. There's good potential for an AJ face turn and he'll go over BIG, but I don't think TNA's creative are smart enough to do that.

Which leads me to the worst part of this Immortal storyline...bad writing. It has potential, just like Nexus did, but the writers are screwing it up already. They never seem to have any direction or long term plan and the storylines keep ending up foolish and childish.

Sony
10-25-2010, 10:29 PM
I missed Reaction. How did they explain that Abyss and Jeff Hardy were They all along yet despite having them as the top two contenders for the title before starting the tournament? Or how Eric planned on Jeff and Angle ending up in a tie numerous time for a three way match?

The reason AOL/Time Warner killed it was because they saw how much money it was spending yet the ratings they produced. So technically, it was because of them.

Yes, there was alot of money being paid to stars in WCW, but even at its low point upto the day it was cancelled, WCW was the HIGHEST viewed show on the TNT network. I t had plenty of money coming in due to this fact. Hogan, Bischoff, and yes...even Russo and nothing to do with WCW's demise. Why do fans believe that there hogan, bischoff, ect were the reason WCW died? Is from what they once heard and decided that it sounds legit, therefore they should believe it without any research? Man....I guess this is what they call "herd mentality".

Rassling_Fan
10-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Yes, there was alot of money being paid to stars in WCW, but even at its low point upto the day it was cancelled, WCW was the HIGHEST viewed show on the TNT network. I t had plenty of money coming in due to this fact. Hogan, Bischoff, and yes...even Russo and nothing to do with WCW's demise. Why do fans believe that there hogan, bischoff, ect were the reason WCW died? Is from what they once heard and decided that it sounds legit, therefore they should believe it without any research? Man....I guess this is what they call "herd mentality".
It didn't. Buy rates were low because of the damage of the years before, ticket sales were diminished, ratings were getting lower, and in Russo's time they lost 62 MILLION DOLLARS IN A YEAR! If they were truly making money, then AOL would have still kept them around. There's even a book about it! (http://www.amazon.com/Death-WCW-WrestleCrap-Figure-Present/dp/1550226614) If WCW was making money, then whoever bought it could have found another television deal. But it was worthless without it. Oh yeah, the Ad Revenue, how Networks make money off TV shows, were very low for their highest rated show on the network.

WCW's rating prior to the nWo invasion were flat, people argued, not unlike the numbers the company was doing during the collapse of 2000. Obviously, things turned out fine back then, so there was no reason to expect anything different now.

Except that there was. While the numbers in 1995 and 2000 may have appeared similar on the surface, there were major differences. The biggest was that, in 1995, the company had a $35 Million to $40 Million budget, compared to 2000's $185 Million budget. More importantly, they'd never lost more then $6 million in any year, and all of a sudden, they'd lost $62 million in one. This sort of performance was not acceptable.