PDA

View Full Version : So I watched my first TNA episode tonight..

The Brown One
02-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Average to say the least. Not bad, not great either. It was decent. Here's my take on it:

*Opening segment with Roode, Ray, Storm and Sting: I actually found this boring. Sting was kinda entertaining.

*Samoa Joe & Brutus Magnus vs Matt Morgan & Crimson - good match. About as good as WWE's tagteam division. Really happy to see Joe for the first time on tv too!

*X Division Champion Austin Aries vs Mark Haskins - great match. It looked like Aries was just in there though and didn't really care about the match. Maybe because no one can hang with him? :P
It's true what they say, the X Division puts on the best matches in TNA!

*World Champion Robert Roode vs James Storm - fantastic match! Actually better than the previous one IMO. These two have great chemistry in the ring, and can really go. I'm glad they're also pushing TNA homegrown talent rather than ex - WWE talent.

*Knockouts Champion Gail Kim vs Tara - good match for women. I cringed for the Divas division when I saw how well these women can wrestle in TNA! It's really a shame the WWE didn't even give a shit about them then.

*Garrett Bischoff's trainer revealed - Horrible. I was praying it wouldn't be Hogan, but there's that crappy booking that people always talk about. I respect Hogan and all, but I really didn't want to see him in a ring again. Waste of 15 minutes of him talking.

*Bully Ray vs James Storm - good match. It was slow to begin with, but really picked up towards the end. Not a big fan of Ray, but they made it work.

This is my honest review of my first TNA Impact show. They aren't as bad as people say. But they aren't anything special either YET.

VanHooliganX
02-04-2012, 06:21 AM
Good review TBO.

Haven't seen this weeks episode but when I read the spoilers it sounded exactly as you described it.

Going to keep watching or was 1 episode your lifetime limit?

Tomsta666
02-04-2012, 06:24 AM
I pretty much never missed an episode of impact most of last year. I haven't watched one this year so far :(
I have all the episodes downloaded, I just need to catch up!!

VanHooliganX
02-04-2012, 06:26 AM
I pretty much never missed an episode of impact most of last year. I haven't watched one this year so far :(
I have all the episodes downloaded, I just need to catch up!!

This years have been okay. Nothing great or amazing but nothing god awful.

Best thing is mainly Aries and Roode being champs.

Oh and Tazz still being unable to say Pele properly.

Tomsta666
02-04-2012, 06:40 AM
This years have been okay. Nothing great or amazing but nothing god awful.

Best thing is mainly Aries and Roode being champs.

Oh and Tazz still being unable to say Pele properly.

Lulz, just sorted out my backlog... 7 episodes to watch and 2 PPVs!! :D
I think there's a PPV tommorow aswell ain't there? ;)

The Brown One
02-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Good review TBO.

Haven't seen this weeks episode but when I read the spoilers it sounded exactly as you described it.

I've got a few weeks off until I start work again, so I'm gonna try to watch every ep! (It comes here Sat, so I catch it). Although, I've missed the last 2 eps because TNA usually gets a bad rep, and there were good movies on :D

But I'm not one to judge without giving something a chance. I liked some of what I saw, so I'm going to keep watching as long as time permits! I want to get into the storylines and understand whats going on. What happened to Hardy, Angle, Styles?!

P.S. the commentary team isn't that bad. Tazz actually calls the match sometimes lol.

Iron Ape
02-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Going by your write-ups, it seems like you actually found the show to be a bit better than just average.

Wade Barrett 1979
02-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Decent show! The only thing that annoyed me, why give the Garrett/Trainer angle TWO segments?? Plus the part with him talking on his phone was just ridiculous! (oh and Haskins nearly killing himself and Aries!)

Other than that, it was enjoyable!

Wrestling Realist
02-04-2012, 08:46 PM
What happened to Hardy, Angle, Styles?!

P.S. the commentary team isn't that bad. Tazz actually calls the match sometimes lol.
Hardy i don't think he made the trip due to legal reasons but was written off tv till Against all odds as an injury angle
Angle finished his feud with Storm and is now training for the Olympics
Styles ??? no clue (he didn't want to travel to the UK?)

Not a good week to start watching cause it was half assed on Tna part not all the wrestlers where there that why Storm wrestled twice great crowd but not the normal Tna Impact show

Tazz is good but I like Don West and Tazz on commentary instead of Mike Tenay

Dubs
02-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Bully Ray vs Storm was really good. Great psychology in there with Bully Ray working on Storm's taped ribs.

The Brown One
02-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Hardy i don't think he made the trip due to legal reasons but was written off tv till Against all odds as an injury angle

Not a good week to start watching cause it was half assed on Tna part not all the wrestlers where there that why Storm wrestled twice great crowd but not the normal Tna Impact show

I think I might have liked it better if they had the homegrown talent (and maybe Hardy too) on. There was kinda a lack of starpower. Also, Joe shouldn't be tagteaming when he could be in the main event! I'll keep watching to see if those guys show up.

Bully Ray vs Storm was really good. Great psychology in there with Bully Ray working on Storm's taped ribs.

TBH I was waiting for that match to end. It only got good towards the end.

Going by your write-ups, it seems like you actually found the show to be a bit better than just average.

It had it's good and bad points. Although some parts had me cringing, just like the WWE :)

Giddy
02-04-2012, 09:48 PM

I agree. Mike Tenay just doesn't exaggerate enough... Like Todd Grisham

Dubs
02-04-2012, 11:39 PM
The only thing I didn't like was Gail vs Tara having a match BEFORE their KO Title defense at All Against The Odds. I hate that type of booking where the challengers get a win on the Champions before the Title defense in a non-title match to show us that the challengers have a chance at winning. Its like, what's the point?

Giddy
02-05-2012, 03:22 AM
The part I didn't get was the fact that they announced Hogan's return, yet Bischoff kept saying that the trainer wouldn't be there. He knew he'd be there!!!

The Brown One
02-05-2012, 04:34 AM
The part I didn't get was the fact that they announced Hogan's return, yet Bischoff kept saying that the trainer wouldn't be there. He knew he'd be there!!!

There's that stupid Russo booking again.

twoot2
02-05-2012, 05:22 PM
I just watched this weeks TNA Impact, it's the first time since summer of last year. You gave a reasonable review TBH pretty much summed up how i felt about the show.

twoot2
02-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Decent show! The only thing that annoyed me, why give the Garrett/Trainer angle TWO segments?? Plus the part with him talking on his phone was just ridiculous! (oh and Haskins nearly killing himself and Aries!)

Other than that, it was enjoyable!

Haskin's got lucky! It looked like he landed really badly, i thought he'd broken his neck for a moment!

dbenavides777
04-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Impact is Impact... I've got nothing else to do on Thursday nights!!!

Ittoilgram
07-10-2012, 03:11 AM
Good review TBO.

Tna is heating up and getting better by the week
im hoping for a tna/roh merge so things can really
heat up!

Robstar
07-10-2012, 04:50 AM
Can most ROH guys still work when they don't have to worry about hitting the gym roof? Oooooohhh.... lolz

The Brown One
07-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Lol I'm surprised this thread picked up after so long. TNA is definitely worth checking out right now.

Olly
08-19-2012, 02:08 PM
I think i can agree with your review mate ;D