PDA

View Full Version : Is Danielson the next Beniot

jwt15
08-18-2010, 09:03 PM
I ask because on Summerslam somthing clicked and for a minute I thought I was watching beniot its not the look but the style and the finsher, its almost like he is a smaller Benoit imo and if WWE plays it right he could be the new Beniot for WWE.

eyehatecena
08-18-2010, 09:44 PM
I see him becoming even better than Beniot- Danielson seems to have a better head on his shoulders.

Bodom
08-18-2010, 09:45 PM
If by Benoit you mean a guy who can get himself over by his skills in the ring alone, then yes you can call him the "next benoit". However i'd like to think of Danielson as simply Danielson.

eyehatecena
08-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Danielson is already over with his in ring skills- as is Kaval. WWE just needs to really get behind those two guys like they did with Beniot(I think that was what the first person was maybe asking...idk)

SilverGhost
08-18-2010, 10:57 PM
If by Benoit you mean a guy who can get himself over by his skills in the ring alone, then yes you can call him the "next benoit". However i'd like to think of Danielson as simply Danielson.

I agree with this. Benoit barely did any promos that are that specific (other than he beat Orlando Jordan in 26 seconds(?) as a way to make fun of him)
Anyways, if Danielson just goes by skill alone he can be but then again he does have a voice and WWE will make him speak out on segments and such.

AngrySamoan
08-19-2010, 06:33 AM
No, I don't think this dude will murder his wife and kid.

SgtGohan
08-19-2010, 06:45 AM
he's better then benoit.

YoungQ
08-19-2010, 07:26 AM
he's better then benoit.

That's an opinion not a fact..

SgtGohan
08-19-2010, 07:55 AM
ofcourse its an opinion, this whole discussion is opinions..

klebyano
08-19-2010, 08:21 AM
No,only if he kills his family and then killing himself may be the new benoit

RKOViper
08-19-2010, 08:30 AM
No, I don't think this dude will murder his wife and kid.

Everyone has their opinion on Benoit. I judge him by his career that spans over more than a decade, and I followed him for 11 years. Not one weekend. So there's a time and a place to talk about stuff like what you said, and this thread isn't it.

Wrave
08-19-2010, 08:59 AM
I judge a person by their professional career rather than their personal life. So by ring skills, yes I think he could.

hystrix
08-19-2010, 12:56 PM
I voted yes, but let me say that it's not a great comparison. Benoit's problems were far deeper than what happened in the final moments of his life. He lived a lifestyle that caused his problem. I hope and pray that Brian Danielson dosn't go down that road...too many good ones do.

Tommy Thunder
08-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Better than Benoit IMO. His crippler crossfaces at Summerslam were sick!!

AGEOFFALL
08-19-2010, 01:45 PM
I think Daniel Bryan is his own man that will shape his own unique career and style in the wwe.

MrNolan
08-19-2010, 03:53 PM
I'd rather not refer to him as the new Benoit.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-19-2010, 05:37 PM
i think he can become better than benoit was must agree with a past post seeing the crossface did bring back memories of benoit and the simalr styles they have aswell danielson is one to look out for

AGEOFFALL
08-19-2010, 06:04 PM
If Vince doesn't keep him down and gives him a chance Bryan will become better than Benoit.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-19-2010, 06:27 PM
I've always felt that Bryan Danielson could be Chris Benoits natural replacement in the WWE, I've felt that way since Chris died 3 years ago, however I feel that The Dragon has more personality about him than Benoit, The Crippler was naturally bigger in height and he put on a great deal of muscle mass as well, I can't see Danielson doing that, therefor I'm unsure if he will ever scale the heights of a World Title win, definitely not as the Main Event of WrestleMania

eyehatecena
08-19-2010, 09:32 PM
They put the title on Rey, why not Danielson? As far as mic work, Danielson is way ahead of Beniot. Beniot had tons of natural talent- but he wanted to get bigger- which was his downfall- as was both the British Bulldogs. Look what happened to all of them- two of them dead- one is crippled.
Danielson seems to have his head on straight- I do not see him f'n up his god given talent. Vince just has to stand behind him

Northernwolf
08-20-2010, 03:31 AM
I would put his ring skills in the top 5 best at the moment and I think with the right push and more promos he could be better then Benoit one day but who knows.

It's going to be hard for him to be a main eventer due to the fact WWE has only a small handfull of top guys that could keep up with him.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-20-2010, 09:47 AM
I'd like to see him work on SmackDown! with the likes of CM Punk and Christian, throw in Alberto Del Rio, Rey Mysterio and possibly Kaval then I think Danielson could do very well, I also think given time Jack Swagger could also keep up with him, or at least learn a lot from him with regards to timing ect...

djsoulslayer
08-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Yes, I think Danielson has some Benoit in-ring tendecies. I think it's great. Despite Beniot's mental issues, he was a great wrestler and I see the same in Danielson. But I think he needs to update his ring attire. Its a little....flat.

AGEOFFALL
08-22-2010, 03:41 AM
What Daniel Bryan needs is The Final Countdown or a generic like version as his theme song.

Rich Cranium
12-27-2010, 12:38 AM
I can see some similarities as far as aggression and Bryan's finisher but that's it!

The Brown One
12-27-2010, 01:46 AM
Bryans still got potential that he hasn't been able to show due to WWE.

SilverGhost
12-27-2010, 01:47 AM

Bryan in ROH> Bryan in WWE

The Brown One
12-27-2010, 03:21 AM
Bryan in ROH> Bryan in WWE

Exactly lol.

Bodom
12-27-2010, 10:10 AM

Bryan's been great in WWE.

Just because he can't do all his Indy bits doesn't mean he's not being allowed to "show his potential".

SilverGhost
12-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Bryan's been great in WWE.

Just because he can't do all his Indy bits doesn't mean he's not being allowed to "show his potential".

There are those nay-sayers. "What is so special about him?" and all that jazz...

(YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!)

daverende5
12-27-2010, 11:45 AM
What Daniel Bryan needs is The Final Countdown or a generic like version as his theme song.

Yeah, and when he is injured and comes back we will have another good (millenium) countdown, if you know what I mean.

No, wait, that's just a stupid idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd_6ATumTig