PDA

View Full Version : A soap opera now?

LoGik
01-31-2012, 06:58 PM
is the wwe having soap writers starting to show more? if you watch nxt you know what im talking about. the acting and writing is horrible although michael cole on commentary was pretty funny. thoughts?

Slatetastic
02-01-2012, 04:31 PM
I seldom watch NXT wholethrough, I skip the segments and watch the watchable bits which usually are the matches. I mean. NXT is the only place to see guys like Hawkins and Barreta. The segments and promos are without exception pretty horrid and foremost the segments seem to not have writing at all.

The Brown One
02-01-2012, 04:40 PM
They did say that there are many soap writers in the WWE that haven't watched wrestling before, so of course you're going to get crap out of them. They should hire writers who have been wrestling fans for life.

InRite
02-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Yea I mean you can have soap writers on the team, but not if they don't know anything about wrestling.

MR Boss
02-05-2012, 04:23 PM
They should of never got rid of ECW, and replaced it whith this NXT crap which is actually supposed to be wrestling, but I guess it does have wrestling...bad wrestling for that matter.

Kryptonite
02-18-2012, 02:37 AM
They should of never got rid of ECW, and replaced it whith this NXT crap which is actually supposed to be wrestling, but I guess it does have wrestling...bad wrestling for that matter.
ecw was way better, you are right, and they have tough enough and fcw, why in the blue hell would they do another ' rookie ' show?

Giddy
02-18-2012, 12:44 PM
ecw was way better, you are right, and they have tough enough and fcw, why in the blue hell would they do another ' rookie ' show?
Its not even that much of a rookie show anymore. It turned into superstars with storylines.

Asherdelampyr
02-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Wrestling in America has always been a soap opera, why should it change now?
that being said, WWE could use a change-up in their creative team, maybe get some new ideas in there.