PDA

View Full Version : UFC 121 ***Spoiler***

Robstar
10-23-2010, 11:42 PM
So, Cain Velasquez smashed the crap out of Brock Lesnar. Well done to Cain. I think Brock's approach was all wrong for someone like Cain - not to take anything away from Velasquez - he deserved the win.

Decent card. Good to see Diego Sanchez back to his best. He fought like a monster.

Brendan Schaub was the big surprise for me. I think they said Gonzaga had never gone the distance before so this was a first.

I think we've seen the last of Ortiz in UFC. He claims he wants to continue yet hasn't won a fight for 4 years and has a string of injuries. I think he has a lot to offer as a trainer perhaps. I was a bit shocked when I realised that was Ricco Rodriguez in Tito's corner, he's looking as fit as. Hamill fought a great fight though. I love this dude, he's so humble.

Shields was pretty ordinary. After so much hype I was surprised to see him gas out. It was Kampmann's fight to win and he couldn't get the job done.

Thoughts?:confused:

Robstar
10-24-2010, 02:18 AM
***The spoiler is SG spoiled my thread by ignoring it! ;(

DarkSide
10-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Okay let me give your thread some love.

As I mentioned elsewhere, Carwin "humbled" Lesnar. Brock just about won, but that match exposed his weaknesses. Obviously his takedown and wrestling ability is up there with Couture, but his boxing and striking skills are weak. Carwin nearly flattened him if the ref wasn't so gracious.

And his confidence obviously took a nose-dive.

Now he lost his belt to someone, who on paper at least, he should have walked over. But Brock got his ass handed to him. Cain owned this match and kicked Brock, literally, all over the place. It looked like someone kicking a puppy.

Robstar
10-24-2010, 04:00 AM
Agreed. Aside from Brock's opening with those knees, which I hadn't seen much from him, it was almost like he really underestimated the man. Carwin was his "get out of jail" card and he should have known better from that. Lol, kicking a puppy - those slo-mo replays of Lesnar sideways against the cage was exactly that. I like Brock but his chin is questionable

Kashdinero
10-24-2010, 04:12 AM
This was one of the better offerings ufc has presented of late.

Brock was outclassed through and through! Cain easily took out the baddest man on the planet. You could tell Brock was in trouble after the first collision in which he failed to take the first mexican ufc heavyweight champ down.

Although he won, I was disappointed with shields. His cardio was as bad as his wrestling is good. Thought it could of gone either way.

Extremly happy for diego Sanchez. He returned to fine form. Paulo had him in trouble a few times but the nightmare had one of his best fights since his clash with clay. FOTN IMO!!

Props to hamill for sending Ortiz packing.

Daniel ninja Roberts anaconda choke was freaking awesome. One to watch?

Great night overall. Sorry to make a wrestling comparrison but cain's win last night reminded me of eddies world title win over Brock at no way out 2004!

DarkSide
10-24-2010, 06:04 AM
Agreed. Aside from Brock's opening with those knees, which I hadn't seen much from him, it was almost like he really underestimated the man. Carwin was his "get out of jail" card and he should have known better from that. Lol, kicking a puppy - those slo-mo replays of Lesnar sideways against the cage was exactly that. I like Brock but his chin is questionable

Brock's chin - hah, maybe the beard is there to cushion the pushin'. ;)

Props to hamill for sending Ortiz packing.

Great night overall. Sorry to make a wrestling comparrison but cain's win last night reminded me of eddies world title win over Brock at no way out 2004!

Yep, Ortiz is 3 years past his sell-by-date. He needs to leave or just remain a trainer.

And as for the Eddie comparison - it is a casual link. Brock was simply out-classed by a better fighter.

Does it mean Brock can't take him? Nope, he needs more experience in the octagon. What it reminded me of was a high school jock getting pummeled by Millhouse.

SilverGhost
10-24-2010, 12:58 PM
***The spoiler is SG spoiled my thread by ignoring it! ;(

I deleted the thread! xD

Ok I think this PPV was good to watch. Main event in my opinion was too fast.

Robstar
10-24-2010, 05:51 PM
That's mma for you!

Rich Cranium
10-24-2010, 06:01 PM
What was the spinning through the air move all about? Was Brock trying to add ballet to his resume?

Robstar
10-24-2010, 06:18 PM
You mean that backpedalling cartwheel thing he did? Cain's punch didn't look like much but it scrambled Brock's eggs and he never recovered from there

SilverGhost
10-24-2010, 06:33 PM
That windmill move was funny as hell though.

Robstar
10-24-2010, 11:33 PM
How about the reaction the crowd gave to Josh Koscheck, I think it was during the McGhee fight or the Schaub one? GSP is more popular in America than he is!

SilverGhost
10-24-2010, 11:56 PM
How about the reaction the crowd gave to Josh Koscheck, I think it was during the McGhee fight or the Schaub one? GSP is more popular in America than he is!

I forgot -.-

people hate Koscheck? I know for a fact GSP is popular as hell.

Robstar
10-25-2010, 12:59 AM
I heard Dana White saying he's the most popular athlete in Canada's history - that's big! Surely Wayne Gretsky was the most popular before that so thats really saying something.

They really booed Kos, Goldberg or Rogan said during the fight they weren't booing the fighters, Kos had just walked in the room. It's weird because he's in the same camp as Velasquez and he was so over with the fans that night.

Fans are weird!

SilverGhost
10-25-2010, 01:06 AM
I heard Dana White saying he's the most popular athlete in Canada's history - that's big! Surely Wayne Gretsky was the most popular before that so thats really saying something.

They really booed Kos, Goldberg or Rogan said during the fight they weren't booing the fighters, Kos had just walked in the room. It's weird because he's in the same camp as Velasquez and he was so over with the fans that night.

Fans are weird!

GSP is very dedicated to the sport he loves man! xD He can also make any match good.

Koscheck is the guy who you would be pissed off because of his arrogance. I know he is good but the man full of himself. Though its my guess.

I would take a dedicated confident warrior like GSP than an arrogant guy like Koscheck.

(note: I have seen Kos when he was arrogant. Don't know if he is now)

Robstar
10-25-2010, 01:43 AM
He's cocky for sure, but I think in MMA you need a certain amount of confidence - it just depends how you wear it