PDA

View Full Version : Why wont the WWE vets or those forced to do comedy bits stand up for themselves?

Belzova
10-23-2010, 11:37 PM
None of them are truly happy an just recently after the release of Matt Hardy all of the veterans started to spill their dislikes over not being treated right themselves. I cannot blame them! I mean Hornswoggle has had way more television exposure running around the ring like he has something shoved up his butt while talented guys like William Regal are being forced into doing lame comedy an being paid to just sit at home when they could actually be used in remarkable ways. I believe it wont be long before WWE has nothing BUT youngsters an all of those like Christian etc who have not cemented themselves into the main event will end up being pushed to the point of leaving. Now that I think about it I am sitting here viewing the roster page as I am typing this an there are just so many possiblities. So many things could be switched up. It pisses me off.

SilverGhost
10-23-2010, 11:44 PM
They will be out of the jobs but I think that should be a good thing knowing Vince the vets are important and would freak out that the roster would be shorten.

What amazes me is NO UNION!

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-24-2010, 12:16 AM
What an eyesore. I find the World Wrestling Entertainments 'youth movement' to be quite enjoyable, but they should learn to treat the veterans with more respect. Besides it really isn't THAT much of a youth movement anyways if Edge, Randy, and Cena continue to be pushed. They are all almost near 40 right? Shouldn't they be put on the shelves too? It makes little sense to me.

SilverGhost
10-24-2010, 12:18 AM
What an eyesore. I find the World Wrestling Entertainments 'youth movement' to be quite enjoyable, but they should learn to treat the veterans with more respect. Besides it really isn't THAT much of a youth movement anyways if Edge, Randy, and Cena continue to be pushed. They are all almost near 40 right? Shouldn't they be put on the shelves too? It makes little sense to me.

Edge is near 40. Orton and Cena(?) are at early 30's

Kid_Gangsta
10-24-2010, 12:28 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/30ksww4.gif its annoying that wrestling fans were bitching and complaining that the WWE weren't making new stars, and now its a problem again because the vets are being pushed aside. personally, id rather see Wade Barrett over Regal any day. and these wrestlers have to realize that not everyone is championship material. smh

AGEOFFALL
10-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Who cares about Hardy? But yes i agree that the other vets do deserve more respect and not be put on comedy sketches.

SilverGhost
10-24-2010, 01:28 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/30ksww4.gif its annoying that wrestling fans were bitching and complaining that the WWE weren't making new stars, and now its a problem again because the vets are being pushed aside. personally, id rather see Wade Barrett over Regal any day. and these wrestlers have to realize that not everyone is championship material. smh

Then what is the point in being a wrestler if you aren't used to your potential and not getting the championship push?

jhorton1215
10-24-2010, 10:07 AM
The Money. These guys aren't having to put their bodies on the line night after night and still get pretty good paychecks.

KJCSmith1
10-25-2010, 09:47 AM
What most of you dont' understand and will never understand is that most of the comedy stuff was requested by the wrestlers themselves, Chavo had a blast with Hornswoggle, Santino and Kolsov are having fun! Who says they always have to be serious, until you have walked in their shoes you don't have clue about what they like and don't like.

SilverGhost
10-25-2010, 09:53 AM
What most of you dont' understand and will never understand is that most of the comedy stuff was requested by the wrestlers themselves, Chavo had a blast with Hornswoggle, Santino and Kolsov are having fun! Who says they always have to be serious, until you have walked in their shoes you don't have clue about what they like and don't like.

Then what about the wrestlers who don't fit with the comedic acts but still does them anyway? Look at Regal, great wrestler and good on the mic. We had a talk about him then a vid of him rapping. I doubt he requested that.

Bodom
10-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Lets face it. None of them are truly happy an just recently after the release of Matt Hardy all of the veterans started to spill their dislikes over not being treated right themselves. I cannot blame them! I mean Hornswoggle has had way more television exposure running around the ring like he has something shoved up his butt while talented guys like William Regal are being forced into doing lame comedy an being paid to just sit at home when they could actually be used in remarkable ways. I believe it wont be long before WWE has nothing BUT youngsters an all of those like Christian etc who have not cemented themselves into the main event will end up being pushed to the point of leaving. Now that I think about it I am sitting here viewing the roster page as I am typing this an there are just so many possiblities. So many things could be switched up. It pisses me off.

Yeah screw the young guys!We should be in the spotlight and making money! Who care's about the future!

Xpacfan
10-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Lets face it. None of them are truly happy an just recently after the release of Matt Hardy all of the veterans started to spill their dislikes over not being treated right themselves. I cannot blame them! I mean Hornswoggle has had way more television exposure running around the ring like he has something shoved up his butt while talented guys like William Regal are being forced into doing lame comedy an being paid to just sit at home when they could actually be used in remarkable ways. I believe it wont be long before WWE has nothing BUT youngsters an all of those like Christian etc who have not cemented themselves into the main event will end up being pushed to the point of leaving. Now that I think about it I am sitting here viewing the roster page as I am typing this an there are just so many possiblities. So many things could be switched up. It pisses me off.

Yeah the whole Faarooq "DAMN" thing had me shaking my head (not with him). He went from WCW champion to just a side show act...then retired. Hell of a way to go out! But yeah, how the veterans are treated in general pissed me off too...it pissed me off so much that I jumped ship to TNA. If you want to watch veterans get treated fairly, I suggest you do the same.

The WWE has adopted this new philosophy of phasing out the "old" and pushing the "new" which is all connected to their attempt to market themselves to a younger audience. Small children wouldn't be able to relate to the older guys or know/respect their legacy enough to get into the show. The bottom line is, is that the WWE has given all of its long loyal fans the http://serve.mysmiley.net/mad/mad0055.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-tongue-smileys.php) in exchange for a younger audience.

shanethewolf
10-25-2010, 02:58 PM
I've wondered this myself. Even as a rookie, I would expect them to speak up for themselves because their whole reputation is on the line and that is worth a lot more than a pay cheque in my opinion.

I read a report somewhere that Triple H and Shawn Michaels were among those who spoke out against the camp comedy and soap opera crap. I've also heard that various wrestlers, including Steve Austin and Mick Foley were on the verge of stupid gimmicks and names until they spoke up and told Vince they hated the idea. Maybe the wrestlers themselves have more leeway than they believe, but are too busy kissing ass and hankering for the contract they'll just accept what they're given.

Rassling_Fan
10-25-2010, 03:43 PM
WWF was always about pushing new talent for the old. Bob Backlund was dethrowned for Hulk Hogan. Then the Warrior experiment failed so it went back for Hogan. Then to the Bret/Shawn era. Then to the Stonecold/Rock era. Then Triple H. Now it's Cena and Orton.

Cain
10-25-2010, 06:05 PM
You guys missed what Belzova was trying to say. She was saying that the vets should be treated equally with the newbies instead of like how TNA does an puts all of the older talents over the newbies they currently have. IMO I think it would make for better entertainment if everyone was treated fairly. As for Matt Hardy she was just using him as an example because all of the Vets. started freaking out after his release.

Belzova
10-25-2010, 06:07 PM
You guys missed what Belzova was trying to say. She was saying that the vets should be treated equally with the newbies instead of like how TNA does an puts all of the older talents over the newbies they currently have. IMO I think it would make for better entertainment if everyone was treated fairly. As for Matt Hardy she was just using him as an example because all of the Vets. started freaking out after his release.

Thanks <333333

NightWolf
10-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Then what about the wrestlers who don't fit with the comedic acts but still does them anyway? Look at Regal, great wrestler and good on the mic. We had a talk about him then a vid of him rapping. I doubt he requested that.

Yeah. Not all of these wrestlers ask for this. If they say they 'enjoy it' then they are just happy with the pay. But guys like William Regal, and MVP are complaining about being overlooked or underutilized. That does not seems like 'fun' to me to be honest. Santino chose his roles. He was originally meant to be taken seriously. Vladimir Kozlov. ANOTHER victim but he has not yelled out about it. These guys probably do not even make much. Like Gregory Helms, he was a comedy skit fixture an he said he barely made more than FCW wrestlers in his later years.

K2Jelly
10-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Simple. They want a job.

Rich Cranium
10-27-2010, 12:20 AM
If they paid you a nice paycheck wouldn't you dress as a soaring eagle?

Bodom
10-27-2010, 07:26 AM
If they paid you a nice paycheck wouldn't you dress as a soaring eagle?

Who WOULDNT want to dress as the Swagger Soaring Eagle.