PDA

View Full Version : IC and U.S. Titles are both of Equal Importance

Rich Cranium
10-23-2010, 09:37 PM
I know they will be unifying these 2 titles in the near future. I'm not at all concerned about the unified tag titles or Womens title. I just think the IC and US have bigger legacies as they are the number 2 titles after the world titles and always have been. Most world champs have held these belts. What do you think?

Kid_Gangsta
10-23-2010, 10:32 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2qiocuw.gif i suppose u can say the US title have a big legacy if ur not counting WCW. and yeah superstars must win a midcard title before they move on to a world tittle (tell that to sheamus -__ -)

AGEOFFALL
10-24-2010, 12:25 AM
This two titles should not be unified.

SilverGhost
10-24-2010, 12:28 AM

I agree. Keep the two title sepreate. With those titles, we can see growth and future potential.

AGEOFFALL
10-24-2010, 12:30 AM
I agree. Keep the two title sepreate. With those titles, we can see growth and future potential.

And maybe a third secondary title that could be defended on both shows.

SilverGhost
10-24-2010, 12:40 AM
And maybe a third secondary title that could be defended on both shows.

Nah that would be too much. Unless you are seeing something that I am not.

AGEOFFALL
10-24-2010, 12:45 AM

i was thinking a television title.

SilverGhost
10-24-2010, 12:46 AM
i was thinking a television title.

LOL!!!!

Nooo man.

qwerty704
10-24-2010, 01:09 AM
i think another title is needed if they're going to keep bringing up all these single wrestlers and break up the tag team division
i mean it would give the lower mid carders a reason to stick around

SilverGhost
10-24-2010, 01:11 AM
i think another title is needed if they're going to keep bringing up all these single wrestlers and break up the tag team division
i mean it would give the lower mid carders a reason to stick around

I do see this important point.

Also if this is the case, break up the tag teams and retire the tag team title!

CMhuw24
10-24-2010, 02:47 AM
Id much prefer too see the ic and us titles seperate just to continue the legacy of both aswell as making room for more midcarders to get involved :)

Razorblade
10-24-2010, 04:51 AM
IMO , they should bring back the light heavyweight title and not the cruiserweight title because back then it had more value .. the title holders were also gr8 such as Dean Malenko , Tajiri , X-Pac ... this would be the suitable title to be defended on both shows , this would also give a chance for some midcarders such as Evan Bourne who hasnt won any title since he began and many others also ... the europian title could b another gr8 option ... unfortunatly hardcore title has no chance to come back thanks to stupid PG :(

Razorblade
10-24-2010, 04:52 AM
IMO , they should bring back the light heavyweight title and not the cruiserweight title because back then it had more value .. the title holders were also gr8 such as Dean Malenko , Tajiri , X-Pac ... this would be the suitable title to be defended on both shows , this would also give a chance for some midcarders such as Evan Bourne who hasnt won any title since he began and many others also ... the Europian title could b another gr8 option ... unfortunatly hardcore title has no chance to come back thanks to stupid PG :(

The Watcher
10-24-2010, 02:57 PM
They should unify the World and WWE titles to create one World Champion that could appear on both shows. Then they should keep the IC on US titles on seperate shows, these belts would represent each brands Number one guy and their number one contender for the World title.

the wrestling shade
10-24-2010, 03:36 PM
o my god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how much i love your photo of cena nexus i just wish it could happen in truth

the wrestling shade
10-24-2010, 03:42 PM
how about a special title for superstars it would at least raise the improtence of the show a little bit i am allready thinking of a great name

SilverGhost
10-24-2010, 03:46 PM
how about a special title for superstars it would at least raise the improtence of the show a little bit i am allready thinking of a great name

Superstars is like the Raw for the low midcarders. I don't think raising significance in Superstars would help but title matches would.

Bodom
10-24-2010, 04:03 PM

There's enough titles. Any more would be over kill

jcagosto
10-24-2010, 04:10 PM
They should return to the old formula they had back in the 90s.
Tag Team Championship
European Championship (or keep the USA championship)
Intercontinental Championship
WWE Championship

NecroButcher187
10-24-2010, 05:41 PM
I woild like to see one unified World Champion, the IC belt on one brand, the US belt on the other, one unified Tag Team Champion and bring in a unified Light Heavyweight Champion so that you wouldn't have to jam all the smaller guys on one show, but still give them a chance to showcase their abilities.

hystrix
10-25-2010, 06:53 AM
I agree that they should keep the US and INT titles seperate. They have way to many wrestler to have so few titles.

I also like what was mentioned about the light heavyweight championship returning. That'd be cool. They already have a number of guys who could compete for that title:

Daniel Bryan
Kaval
Evan Borne
Tyson Kidd
Chavo
Zack Ryder
Trent Berretta
Calon Croft
just to name a few

Splattered-Dreams
10-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Hmm, haven't read the thread, but unifying the midcard belts is a horrible idea. Check this:

Unify the WHC and WWE titles, by all means - thats a good thing. There is one true "champion" and he can wrestle on both shows, giving him more opponents and therefore more entertainment.
DON'T unify IC and US. Both shows need secondary belts due to sizable rosters.. lots of guys would be left without feuds and matches if there was one midcard title.

The only way a unification of these belts would work would be if they brought the Light-Heavy/Cruiser belt back, as mentioned above