PDA

View Full Version : Tag teams

nrb6304
10-23-2010, 04:14 PM
You know everybody gives TNA a lot of credit for having an awesome tag team division, but I constantly see the same names being praised: The Guns, GenMe, Beer Money.
And I will admit, The Guns, Beer Money, and GenMe have all had AWESOME matches.
AND I will admit, they are getting more focus then ANY of the teams in WWE
BUT while we all praise TNA for their tag team wrestling I ask myself WHAT OTHER TEAMS DOES TNA HAVE??

LET'S LOOK:

Ink Ink- Two guys thrown together Moore and Neal neither one of these guys were really doing anything and because of their multiple tattoos they LOOK like a team. Moore is great in the ring, idc what anybody says, and Neal isn't HORRIBLE. I compare these guys to Drew and Cody, except these two LOOK more like a team. Ink Ink I think it's ok

Team 3D- In the twilight of their careers now and still not the GREATEST in the ring, Team 3D TO ME is a little stale which is why I'm ok with them about to split as long as its done correctly. Team 3D was AWESOME in ECW and AWESOME and in WWE they were AWESOME too, but now days they're just basically saying "We've won THIS many titles and been THIS many places and etc." and it's old. So I'm glad Team 3D is "retiring".

EY and OJ- Two more guys that were just THROWN together, basically as a comedy team. I don't take them seriously, and I don't think either man is GREAT in the ring. I compare these guys to Santino and Kozlov. The only difference being that if Kozlov turned heel again and started to dominate I could believe it, where as this EY and OJ is just CRAP. EY and OJ need to go.

London Brawling- Whatever happen to these guys? :/ Brutus Magnus and Desmond Wolfe, I thought they had a title shot at the MCMG but then something happened and GenMe got it and we benefited. So these guys I have no thoughts on.

So while yeah we all praise TNA's Tag Division because it's the exact opposite of WWE's (when WWE has a tag team match I go piss when TNA has a tag team match I tell everybody to STFU the best part of the show is on) the fact is that in reality they really DON'T have a DEEP tag division just an extremely talented tag division.

BEFORE I FORGET THOUGH
I do know that inevitably EV 2.0 and Immortal/Fortune will put together tag teams and send them out to try and win the TNA Tag Titles, but I don't count them as teams.
POSSIBLE TEAMS MADE FROM THOSE GROUPS:

Sabu and RVD
RVD and Tommy Dreamer
Stevie Richards and Raven
Rhino and Tommy Dreamer
(And the last two are BIG GAMBLES)

AJ Styles and Kaz
Morgan and Abyss (wait didn't that already happen?)

yeah that's all I'm seeing for Immortal.

Your thoughts?

JushinLyger
10-23-2010, 04:57 PM
okay but let's remember that TNA has the better tag division in recent years. AMW, Triple X, LAX, MCMGS, GenME, Lethal n Creed, Kazarian n Michael Shane, Team Canada just to name a few. they have proven that tag wrestling still can be done in the major way. yes most of these team no longer exist but at one time or another they had an impact on the land scape. name a decent team that WWE pushed before unifying the tag titles? LOndon and Kendrick, the pitbulls, the colons ects they all lasted for a few months before they were casted aside for two superstars put together. TNA is far better at the tag game

Rassling_Fan
10-23-2010, 05:27 PM
okay but let's remember that TNA has the better tag division in recent years. AMW, Triple X, LAX, MCMGS, GenME, Lethal n Creed, Kazarian n Michael Shane, Team Canada just to name a few. they have proven that tag wrestling still can be done in the major way. yes most of these team no longer exist but at one time or another they had an impact on the land scape. name a decent team that WWE pushed before unifying the tag titles? LOndon and Kendrick, the pitbulls, the colons ects they all lasted for a few months before they were casted aside for two superstars put together. TNA is far better at the tag game
That was the past. In the last three years, TNA didn't win a "Best Tag Team of the Year" award from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, but Miz and Morrison did in 2008.

By the looks of the remaining tag teams, it's going to share the same fate as the Knockouts division and the X-Division, taking back seat to the big names.

NWOMyGawd
10-23-2010, 07:28 PM
BEFORE I FORGET THOUGH
I do know that inevitably EV 2.0 and Immortal/Fortune will put together tag teams and send them out to try and win the TNA Tag Titles, but I don't count them as teams.
POSSIBLE TEAMS MADE FROM THOSE GROUPS:

Sabu and RVD
RVD and Tommy Dreamer
Stevie Richards and Raven
Rhino and Tommy Dreamer
(And the last two are BIG GAMBLES)

AJ Styles and Kaz
Morgan and Abyss (wait didn't that already happen?)

yeah that's all I'm seeing for Immortal.

Your thoughts?

Im pretty sure that Fortune/Immortal will stick with Beer Money for the Tag Team Division. Have a Nice Day.

Kashdinero
10-23-2010, 07:42 PM
The top three teams in tna are enough to carry ANY tag league but TNA really doesn't do anything right these days in terms of the divisions. If they wanted to really highlight the tag league they would put them in the main event once in a while! Surely it can't hurt the ratings. IMO they can only make tna seem more relevant and fresh. As it stands right now it feels like some kind of weird remix of the 90's.

The name that most new fans remember after watching tna is BEER MONEY!!! their gimmick has the most potential to gain new viewers at the moment out of the three.

As for londons brawling, I read that nige... Sorry, Desmond Wolfe is injured and its quite bad. He apparently said he's considering getting into stand up comedy (but this is the Internet so take it for what it's worth)

Ink Inc have cool ink, but thats about it for me. These two have no business being together.

EY and OJ work for me because it is "wrestlecrap" at it's finest. Booked sparingly of course!

Team 3D should be kept as far away from the tag title as possible.

Barring the top 3 (who are all freaking awesome) it's not much of a division at all!

Obviously it's better than wwe's, but that's not really much to crow about is it.

I would like to see matt hardy and Shane helms come in and join forces with Jeff and Shannon. With these four together the tag team scene would pick up and get that main event feel.

nrb6304
10-23-2010, 08:59 PM
The top three teams in tna are enough to carry ANY tag league but TNA really doesn't do anything right these days in terms of the divisions. If they wanted to really highlight the tag league they would put them in the main event once in a while! Surely it can't hurt the ratings. IMO they can only make tna seem more relevant and fresh. As it stands right now it feels like some kind of weird remix of the 90's.

The name that most new fans remember after watching tna is BEER MONEY!!! their gimmick has the most potential to gain new viewers at the moment out of the three.

As for londons brawling, I read that nige... Sorry, Desmond Wolfe is injured and its quite bad. He apparently said he's considering getting into stand up comedy (but this is the Internet so take it for what it's worth)

Ink Inc have cool ink, but thats about it for me. These two have no business being together.

EY and OJ work for me because it is "wrestlecrap" at it's finest. Booked sparingly of course!

Team 3D should be kept as far away from the tag title as possible.

Barring the top 3 (who are all freaking awesome) it's not much of a division at all!

Obviously it's better than wwe's, but that's not really much to crow about is it.

I would like to see matt hardy and Shane helms come in and join forces with Jeff and Shannon. With these four together the tag team scene would pick up and get that main event feel.

I think Ink Ink could be alot better if used more, maybe get a finisher or something, at least they LOOK like a team. You know? Drew McIytnre and Cody Rhodes were just freaking thrown together and don't even look like a real team. Seperate Entrances, no matching tights, no tag finishers, nothing just two guys thrown together. With Ink Ink they at least LOOK like a team, tights, music, entrance, just need that finisher and to be put in a storyline that matters.

I agree that Hardyz Helms and Moore should become a faction.

Kashdinero
10-24-2010, 05:03 AM
Cody and drew have no business being together as a tag team.

For me theres a lack of chemistry between Neal and Moore. Not saying theyre the worst they just really don't do it for me. Matching ink or not. Neal IMO needs a singles push soon, not a push to the moon just a nice steady push. He needs to be elevated slowly.

The omega crew reunion is more than just a possibility. Fingers crossed.

Mazza
10-24-2010, 08:58 AM
I agree with the top 3, but don't forget Beer Money were thrown together. Roode had a crappy feud with Booker T, and Storm had done nothing since Chris Harris left. London Brawling looked promising till Wolfe's injury. Ink Inc will develop if giving time.
Having said that, 18 months or so ago, the tags, knockouts and X divisions all featured more than they do now. The powers that be in TNA are too obsessed with the so-called "names", and don't care about anything else. Until Hogan/Bischoff leave, that won't change! It was the same in WCW, nWo and the other big names, the undercard was ignored! Just look at Benoit, Guerrero, Jericho and Rey!!!

Bodom
10-24-2010, 08:59 AM
I agree with the top 3, but don't forget Beer Money were thrown together. Roode had a crappy feud with Booker T, and Storm had done nothing since Chris Harris left. London Brawling looked promising till Wolfe's injury. Ink Inc will develop if giving time.
Having said that, 18 months or so ago, the tags, knockouts and X divisions all featured more than they do now. The powers that be in TNA are too obsessed with the so-called "names", and don't care about anything else. Until Hogan/Bischoff leave, that won't change! It was the same in WCW, nWo and the other big names, the undercard was ignored! Just look at Benoit, Guerrero, Jericho and Rey!!!

Goddamn truth. Bravo sir

Mazza
10-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Goddamn truth. Bravo sir

Why thank you!