PDA

View Full Version : Who has/has the worst finishing maneuver?

xAzureSkye
10-23-2010, 03:58 PM
SO who in the WWE or in TNA had the worst finishing move ever.. state which one you thought was really bad below. whether it be because it did not look impactful, the name was crap or it was not sold very well & looked awkward!

SilverGhost
10-23-2010, 04:01 PM
The Miz.

Crappy finisher.

Dameduse823
10-23-2010, 04:13 PM
The peoples elbow, despite how popular the tooth fairy was when it comes right down to it, it was just an elbow drop that had next to no impact behind it because of all the theatrics

And despite that I like the move, Dolph Ziggler's Zig Zag move almost always looks sloppy. Whenever he does it his grip looks like he's barely got hold of them and it really looks like he hurts himself more then they other guy most of teh time

nrb6304
10-23-2010, 04:17 PM
When Eric Young was using the piledriver as his finish I thought it looked like the shits, he used to use a badass wheelbarrol neckbreaker as his finish but... :/

The peoples elbow, despite how popular the tooth fairy was when it comes right down to it, it was just an elbow drop that had next to no impact behind it because of all the theatrics

Same thing with The Worm. It was just a chest chop to a laying opponent and I thought it was a stupid finisher. Even though I did scream "W-O-R-M WHOO WHOOO DUDDLLEYDUDDLEYDOO" Lmao.

SilverGhost
10-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Dolph Zigglers finisher=Heath Slaters finisher

I mean what the hell? Sweetness? Zigzag?

JushinLyger
10-23-2010, 04:36 PM
there's a lot of garbage finisher out there:Pay dirt or whatever MVP Calls it now, The Overdrive period whether it was Orton, MVP or Skipper using it i hated it. People's Elbow and Hogan's Leg drop, i don't care bout the mysticism or aura they had they are basic moves. Otunga's finisher, The 619 gets mentioned here as well

jhorton1215
10-23-2010, 04:38 PM
I'll just do WWE, since I watch it the most.

Worst can go anywhere from: The Miz, David Otunga, Rey Mysterio, Dolph Ziggler, Santino Marrella

Best: Randy Orton(it's not the great of a move, but it gets more draw from the crowd than any other), Kofi Kingston(to do what he does, and repeat it every time, is just remarkable), Justin Gabriel, John Morrison, Edge( I enjoy a good spear)

Can go either way: John Cena, CM Punk, R-Truth, MVP

Mr Perfect
10-23-2010, 04:54 PM
wade barret

nrb6304
10-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Dolph Zigglers finisher=Heath Slaters finisher

I mean what the hell? Sweetness? Zigzag?

I thought Heath Slater was using the Widow Maker

NWOMyGawd
10-23-2010, 05:06 PM
I thought Heath Slater was using the Widow Maker

Do you really think they would let someone as new as Heath Slater use the Widowmaker in WWE? Maybe used it once or twice in FCW or NXT but he will never get to use that move on Raw.

SilverGhost
10-23-2010, 05:19 PM
I'll just do WWE, since I watch it the most.

Worst can go anywhere from: The Miz, David Otunga, Rey Mysterio, Dolph Ziggler, Santino Marrella

Best: Randy Orton(it's not the great of a move, but it gets more draw from the crowd than any other), Kofi Kingston(to do what he does, and repeat it every time, is just remarkable), Justin Gabriel, John Morrison, Edge( I enjoy a good spear)

Can go either way: John Cena, CM Punk, R-Truth, MVP

Cena=Horrible
Punk=looks deadly so keep it
R-Truth=should have kept the spinning scizzors kick and it would alright
MVP=needs a better one

TheMadThinker
10-23-2010, 05:36 PM
I know he is an easy target, but John Cena looks mostly ridiculous when he puts people in the STF. His facial expressions never sell the move and it does not look like that painful of a submission hold in the first place. It is a disgrace that good wrestlers are forced to tap out to that crap

clh2285
10-23-2010, 05:58 PM
I know he is an easy target, but John Cena looks mostly ridiculous when he puts people in the STF. His facial expressions never sell the move and it does not look like that painful of a submission hold in the first place. It is a disgrace that good wrestlers are forced to tap out to that crap

Dude I usually just ignore the stupid shit that comes out of peoples computer or just laugh about it.....but really the STF? Crap?
Go back and check your wrestling history before you run off at the mouth with stupid shit just because you want to bad mouth Cena, I say fuck the guy as a wrestler but sheesh come up with a legimate gripe not bad mouthing one the decent wrestling moves he has on his resume.

Wresters that used the STF

Lou Thesz, Masahiro Chono, Homicide, Jazz, William Regal (a modified version)

.....whats up

oh yeah bad finishers

Barret - it works but he could have a better one
big show (KO punch) - makes since....but come on
I can't think of any other bad ones at the moment

Kid_Gangsta
10-23-2010, 06:26 PM
ziggler takes the cake

TheMadThinker
10-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Dude I usually just ignore the stupid shit that comes out of peoples computer or just laugh about it.....but really the STF? Crap?
Go back and check your wrestling history before you run off at the mouth with stupid shit just because you want to bad mouth Cena, I say fuck the guy as a wrestler but sheesh come up with a legimate gripe not bad mouthing one the decent wrestling moves he has on his resume.

Wresters that used the STF

Lou Thesz, Masahiro Chono, Homicide, Jazz, William Regal (a modified version)

.....whats up

oh yeah bad finishers

Barret - it works but he could have a better one
big show (KO punch) - makes since....but come on
I can't think of any other bad ones at the moment

I understand the history of the STF, but that does not make Cena’s variation any more legitimate. He is as far from being a submission style wrestler than the Big Show is to being a Luchador. It is just another smoke and mirrors trick that WWE added to his repertoire to make him seem more technical than he is. I give Cena all the credit in the world for what he has achieved, but do not piss on my head and tell me it is raining.

mikenigma
10-23-2010, 06:50 PM
ziggler takes the cake

Really? I like Ziggler's..... I'm gonna have to say Barrett has the worst in WWE. TNA? Robbie E's cutter is horrible. No one executes the cutter better than Orton.

mikenigma
10-23-2010, 06:56 PM

I actually think Cena's STF is one of his better executed moves. And he's done some pretty sweet counters into the STF.

I'm actually suprised no one has started using the F-5. But then again, who could do a F-5 as well as Brock did?

shanethewolf
10-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Ric Flair - Figure 4. It looks rubbish and I've had it applied and it doesn't hurt that much, even for real. The Boston Crab...now that is agony!!

I don't like Cody Rhodes' finisher either and I agree Wade Barrett definitely needs something better.

DirtySteal
10-23-2010, 07:15 PM
I actually disagree with ALOT of people here. Heres why:

Yes. The Rocks elbow drop was just an elbow drop with a few dance moves with some lucky member of the audence getting to keep his elbow pad. BUT and I mean BUUUT, My god did he get a pop. EVERY time he did the spine buster and JR would shout "Spine on th' pine! People got out of thier seats, people went nuts, people started making noise and people started going crazy and that was just setting up for the finish.

Orton is the only person to have a pop thats close to Rocks when it comes to finishers. The Rock, Orton, Stone Cold, Hulk all have finishers that if you pick them apart they are boring and crap...look, you could do that with ALL of the finishers of today.

A Good wrestler can take ANY move and turn it into a great finisher by adding that bit of personality to it. A good finisher in my books is one that gets people out of their seats as its being hyped up, or you can feel it coming (Like when Stone Cold is drinking beer with anyone in the ring) Give Stone Cold a headbut as a finisher and it will be the best looking headbut you'll see, give Orton a chop block and he'll add his snake-like charms to make it exciting.

Okay. There are some finishers that are dumb and just dont work like MVP's Play Maker, because its not the easiest to pull off or catch everyone off guard with, now if it was his special move, that would be okay. If he used ballin' (as crap as that is too) as a finisher I think he'd be alot better off, he'd be like the Scotty 2 Hotty of today. S2H's finisher was crap, but when I was little I loved swinging my arms back and fore with him just before he dropped the forearm. Even at school everyone wanted to be Hotty, trying to do the worm, everyone loved the finisher. Hell, I even liked it better than the tombstone back then, why? cause I got excited to see him do that crazy face before he hopped around the ring and started worming his way around the ring. It was exactly like Scotty himself, FUN.

There are cool finishers out there, Swaggers Powerbomb, F5, Regal Stretch, Clothesline from Hell too many to name, but you cant call the Peoples Elbow, Atomic Leg Drop, Worm the "Worst finishers" cause people pop twice as much when they are used than MOST of the cool looking finishers.

DirtySteal
10-23-2010, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kwi_OLO9Sg

I aint heard a standard finisher pop like that for a loooong time.

WHOO! WHOO!

Warmachine
10-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Im suprised nobody has mentioned
SANTINO MARELLAS COBRA!!!!!!

or Tajiri's tarantula, finisher or signature move a submission move for 5 seconds don't do nothing

Bodom
10-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Im suprised nobody has mentioned
SANTINO MARELLAS COBRA!!!!!!

or Tajiri's tarantula, finisher or signature move a submission move for 5 seconds don't do nothing

Beware The Cobra!!

Dameduse823
10-23-2010, 07:44 PM
I actually disagree with ALOT of people here. Heres why:

Yes. The Rocks elbow drop was just an elbow drop with a few dance moves with some lucky member of the audence getting to keep his elbow pad. BUT and I mean BUUUT, My god did he get a pop. EVERY time he did the spine buster and JR would shout "Spine on th' pine! People got out of thier seats, people went nuts, people started making noise and people started going crazy and that was just setting up for the finish.

Orton is the only person to have a pop thats close to Rocks when it comes to finishers. The Rock, Orton, Stone Cold, Hulk all have finishers that if you pick them apart they are boring and crap...look, you could do that with ALL of the finishers of today.

A Good wrestler can take ANY move and turn it into a great finisher by adding that bit of personality to it. A good finisher in my books is one that gets people out of their seats as its being hyped up, or you can feel it coming (Like when Stone Cold is drinking beer with anyone in the ring) Give Stone Cold a headbut as a finisher and it will be the best looking headbut you'll see, give Orton a chop block and he'll add his snake-like charms to make it exciting.

Okay. There are some finishers that are dumb and just dont work like MVP's Play Maker, because its not the easiest to pull off or catch everyone off guard with, now if it was his special move, that would be okay. If he used ballin' (as crap as that is too) as a finisher I think he'd be alot better off, he'd be like the Scotty 2 Hotty of today. S2H's finisher was crap, but when I was little I loved swinging my arms back and fore with him just before he dropped the forearm. Even at school everyone wanted to be Hotty, trying to do the worm, everyone loved the finisher. Hell, I even liked it better than the tombstone back then, why? cause I got excited to see him do that crazy face before he hopped around the ring and started worming his way around the ring. It was exactly like Scotty himself, FUN.

There are cool finishers out there, Swaggers Powerbomb, F5, Regal Stretch, Clothesline from Hell too many to name, but you cant call the Peoples Elbow, Atomic Leg Drop, Worm the "Worst finishers" cause people pop twice as much when they are used than MOST of the cool looking finishers.

Your absolutely right talking about the pops they get when they hit those moves but the original poster asked about the impact and effectiveness of the moves. While i was never a fan of the rock I jumped to my feet every time that Scotty started jumping and yes I was yelling W O R M.

Rich Cranium
10-23-2010, 08:15 PM
What about these three:

Karate chop to the head - Great Khali
Bionic Elbow - Dusty Rhodes

And let's not forget Mr. Socko - Mick Foley

maddogg336
10-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Mark henry worlds strongest slam and the mandible claw I mean come on u got mock foley puttin his dirty hand in your mouth eewww but to get out of it just bite his hand

el gabo
10-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Ric Flair - Figure 4. It looks rubbish and I've had it applied and it doesn't hurt that much, even for real. The Boston Crab...now that is agony!!

I don't like Cody Rhodes' finisher either and I agree Wade Barrett definitely needs something better.

you my friend have not been applied the figure 4 the correct way because when done well it feels like your knee is going to snap.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
10-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Why anybody would think The People's Elbow is a horrible finisher is beyond me. So what if it was just a simple elbow drop? Look at the reaction it got out of the audience each time the Rock went to do it. Fuck that. I think it is an awesome finisher, despite it being simple. I'm also a fan of the ZigZag by Dolph Ziggler.

The Wasteland finisher is okay. I wouldn't go calling it a BAD finisher, but I will say it doesn't quite fit who Wade Barrett is. I think the same thing about the Skull Crushing Finale. It is not a bad finisher, but the Miz could use a better one. Why do people think the 619 is a crappy finisher? Yes, I understand the whole set up and stuff is a bit much, but if you take that out and just leave the move which is a Tiger Feint Kick, its pretty freaking awesome. The GTS a horrible finisher? Please. CM Punk's GTS is probably one of the best finishers in the WWE next to the Codebreaker and Pedigree. Thats just my opinion though.

The finisher David Otunga has doesn't look all impressive. He'll need to change that. MVP's move, the one Shelton Benjamin used to use, doesn't look good either. I liked him better when he used Player's Boot and Playmaker (overdrive). I'd prefer Player's Boot more though. However, I wouldn't go calling those the worst finishers either.

Now the Cobra by Santino Marella .... now thats a crappy finisher. I mean, if it was just a move, okay. But a finisher? Really? No. Thats not a move I would want a wrestler to have, especially if it is someone like Santino Marella. So my pick for the worst finishing maneuver is Santino Marella. Poor guy.

WWTNA
10-23-2010, 09:15 PM
i think it has to be wade barrett and the ultimate warrior's finishing move

eyehatecena
10-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I have no problem with Cena's actual finishing move. Its the 5 Knuckle Shuffle- the stupidest looking think I have ever seen. As far as finishing moves that were the worst- the WORM was the worst and the StinkFace(if that was an actual finishing move)

RyRicFair89
10-23-2010, 11:16 PM
well he never had a win from it though, if he was going to end a match, hed use the rock bottom, id classify the elbow as a signature move rather than a finsher

RyRicFair89
10-23-2010, 11:18 PM
I think honestly, the cobra is a pathetic finishing move, also the wasteland (wade barretts) isnt too good either, but one finisher that i believe is a little underrated is goldusts finisher, the final cut.

AGEOFFALL
10-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Whatever Khali has as his current finisher.

moppy
10-24-2010, 01:52 AM
Walls of Jericho. It's just a Double Leg Boston Crab no matter the pop. Not trying to disrespect Jericho it's just that his Lionsault and the early version of the Walls (putting his knee on his opponents back) are better.

shanethewolf
10-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Ok, it's just come to me...the worst finisher ever, and it used to make my blood boil every time they did it because it made their opponents look weak and stupid...

The Bushwhacker Battering Ram!

DarkSide
10-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Worst CURRENT finisher:

1) Wasteland
2) GTS - c'mon, you all know its crap.
3) Spear - it is a great finisher , but so many wrestlers use it that it just comes off as lazy now.
4) The Moonlight Drive - it starts great, but always ends awkwardly. He is going to break someone's arm.
5) Playmaker - Randy Orton couldn't make that move work, and it still looks stupid in 2010.

SgtGohan
10-24-2010, 05:14 AM
Walls of Jericho. It's just a Double Leg Boston Crab no matter the pop. Not trying to disrespect Jericho it's just that his Lionsault and the early version of the Walls (putting his knee on his opponents back) are better.

i know the liontamer was way more awesome

DarkSide
10-24-2010, 06:11 AM
i know the liontamer was way more awesome

I remember Y2J locking in the Liontamer on The Rock and Road Dogg. It looked like he legit hurt them - damn, it looked painful.

mortiis3
10-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Ok heres my best and worst finishers

BEST :- Sharpshooter/Scorpion Deatlock
Twist of Fate
Swanton Bomb
Shooting Star Press
F-5
Black Hole Slam
Trouble in Paradise
Super Kick/Sweet Chin Music
Single Leg Crab
Powerbomb Texas Cloverleaf (dean malenko)
Zig Zag
Springboard Elbow Drop

Worst :- Cobra
Hogans Legdrop
Camel Clutch
Big Splash
The Pedigree
Dream Street
Play of the Day
Figure Four Leglock
Spear (done to death, only guys who can pull that move off are Rhino & Goldberg)

Bodom
10-24-2010, 08:57 AM
When you say "worst" or "greatest" do you mean a finisher that looks weak/strong or is this based on the reaction it gets?

HolyJose2391
10-24-2010, 10:42 AM
For the worst finisher I would have to say it's Barrett from WWE best finisher I have ever seen though was the Canadian Destroyer I mean the hype and the impact of that move so freaking good!

xAzureSkye
10-24-2010, 10:51 AM
lmao the title is supposed to say ''Who has/had the worst finishing maneuver?'' my bad :L

Starscreamer
10-24-2010, 06:14 PM
worst finishers....

Kali...that vice grip...no
Hart attack, I know 2 man finisher, but it ain't no 3d
Skull Crushing Finale...Miz man I love ya, but the Reality Check was much much better
Leg drop....bye bye
Sweet Shin music? well I put it up there with the Cobra as a joke move
Samoan Spike...dude, when you are that big, and your most powerful move just uses your thumb?
Hells Gate...now don't tear me up on this one guys...I know it is actually a pretty damn good submission, but not for a powerhouse player like the Undertaker. Plus it ends matches to damn easy.
Spinneroni or what ever booker T did...

Some of my faves though,
RKO hands down
Final Cut...and it has been looking gooooood lately
Air Bourne
450 Splash
Waste Land, yes I know you have all been chiding this one, but it is just a monster reverse samoan drop Angle Slam
GTS, just looks damn good, but make CMPunk a face again will ya?
Labelle Lock/Crossface will always be awesome
Gut Wrench Power bomb is awesome
but a nice good ole fashioned classic finisher that ALWAYS looks good
Choke Slam

DirtySteal
10-24-2010, 06:29 PM
I tell you a finisher I love, Goldusts. Final Cut, simple, effective, good.

chaos75
10-24-2010, 06:33 PM
R-Truth's finisher is crap, it just looks like him spinning in the air and hardly looks like R-Truth touched his opponent

bhajp
10-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Worst finisher would be Zigglers. He looks like he's gonna get hurt the most...i think Carlito's was much better...the best finisher that i havent seen in years is Jericho's Lion Tamer. Other great submissions are Hell's Gate and the anaconda vice

Verdammung
10-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Otunga Spinebuster. Not only is it weak to have a Spinebuster as a finisher but the way he does it is so weak looking I don't believe it.

Dameduse823
10-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Otunga Spinebuster. Not only is it weak to have a Spinebuster as a finisher but the way he does it is so weak looking I don't believe it.

Your right about Otunga but almost everything he does is horrible, but I don't think its weak to have a spinebuster as a finisher, just look at Lance Cade's old finisher that was an awesome spinebuster

K2Jelly
10-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Otunga's is most certainly the worst. Here are some one's that crap, too.

-Zig Zag
Not so much the move itself, but he executes it rather poorly.

-Playmaker
Doesn't look to effective.

-Wasteland
Cool move, doesn't look effective.

IrkenInvader
11-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Undertaker, ballsack to the face for 5 seconds not manly.

Bodom
11-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Undertaker, ballsack to the face for 5 seconds not manly.

Undertaker can do whatever the hell he wants

SaberToothTigerz
11-18-2010, 08:00 PM
mvp playmaker
santino cobra
otunga spinebuster
heath slater neckbreaker
dolph's zig zag
khali's vice grip and hand chop
umaga's butt and samoan spike
mr,mcmahon's low blow
michelle's kick to the head
the pope's double knee on the turnbuckle
ken kennedy's mic check
hogan's leg drop
miz skull crushing finale
sheamus axe kick
mark henry's world's strongest slam
the 619
and yep that's about it

JagerDave
11-18-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm torn between Hogan's leg drop and The Worm.

koolmod
11-19-2010, 01:50 AM
I always hated Mr. Socko and foleys double arm ddt, just didn't look effective. Also, the dominator, great idea, but not a move anyone can sell. Farooq's spinebuster in my eyes was the most uhhhh.... spinebusting of all spinebusters, should have used that. Also, road doggs pump handle drop, looked weak. But the build up was hilarious. The x-factor was horrible, jarretts stroke, the alley oop, and as much as I love the character, the rikishi driver. No one ever looked in danger when rikishi performed it. And the bubba bomb. Best finisher is helms vertibreaker from wcw, obviously dangerous but to me looked like it could knock someone out for three seconds

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-19-2010, 02:52 AM
Worst finisher-easily is Otunga's. I mean jeez, how frickin hard would it be to at least combo it with a boston crab? It would look seamless and it's something that even I can do with no prior training.

Other's I hate:

Jericho: Walls of Jericho, not codebreaker. How he does it now, there is almost no pressure at all on the other guy.

Mark Henry: Looks bad, uncreative, bad wrestler pulling it off.

Husky Harris: Do it from the top rope, then i'll be impressed.

Ted Dibiase: I don't know why, but I just don't like it.

Rey Mysterio: God I hate that move, you noticeably can kick way harder without the ropes. It should be strictly a mid match move.

Daniel Bryan: Not the Labell Lock, that move is tight, the swift kick to the head that he has been winning matches with recently. I hate to say this, because other than Punk, he is my favorite wrestler in the WWE right now, but he could do sooo much more than that. I can see why Danielson Special isn't used as a finisher because they already have an armbar variation, and I can see why Cattle Mutilation isn't used either (damn you Darren Young for no selling it), but what about a Tiger Suplex, Dragon Suplex, or preferably the Regalplex, especially if you want to have him win matches by pinfall.

SilverGhost
11-19-2010, 03:11 AM
Some of you got on Barrett and say Wasteland. What about Cena? AA is the worst.

They are very similar just different on the slams.

I like Barrett's finisher. Easy and good.