PDA

View Full Version : Should TNA keep the Jersey Shore Gimmick?

Rich Cranium
10-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Personally speaking, I feel the Jersey shore gimmick is weak. Perhaps I'm wrong. Should TNA keep it going or bury it?

SilverGhost
10-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Bury it. Its a borefest.

jethro
10-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Zack Ryder approved jersey shore gimmick,you know it!

Bodom
11-01-2010, 07:30 PM
If the Impact Zone fans boo something, you know it's bad.

Remember. These are the same people that will scream "This is awesome" for a fucking chinlock

IrkenInvader
11-01-2010, 09:00 PM

Remember. These are the same people that will scream "This is awesome" for a fucking chinlock

These people are used to seeing half baked booking and brain dead matches like the reverse battle royal that any match of average quality is gold to them

westy
11-03-2010, 04:29 AM
These people are used to seeing half baked booking and brain dead matches like the reverse battle royal that any match of average quality is gold to them

Your wrong their mate. TNA fans know their wrestling. When they dislike something they let everyone know. If something is of good quality then the fans make their voices heard. TNA are banging out some great matches as of late so your going to hear "this is awsome" more often. It's seldom heard in the WWE.

Splattered-Dreams
11-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Your wrong their mate. TNA fans know their wrestling. When they dislike something they let everyone know. If something is of good quality then the fans make their voices heard. TNA are banging out some great matches as of late so your going to hear "this is awsome" more often. It's seldom heard in the WWE.

Meh, its a different situation with WWE. TNA has the same people attending the shows each weak, most of them probably know eachother and pretty much know when to chant, etc. WWE is a touring company so it doesn't have that. I wouldn't strictly say that TNA fans know their wrestling, a lot of them just look like they stopped by during their vacation to Universal Studios.

Bodom
11-03-2010, 11:04 AM

Every match in the Impact Zone has at least one THIS IS AWESOME chant. Decent matches lately? yes, but most are not deserving of said chant.

Iron Ape
11-03-2010, 08:30 PM

Hahaha. Spot on.

TJHawkesybaby
11-04-2010, 02:53 PM
But yeah back ont topic the Jersey Shore gimmick is fookin shat!!!! who's ever idea it was should be removed from whatever role they were in! Jersey Shore doesnt hold water in England anyway and im pretty sure most of EU for that matter, prove me wrong on this, its a bad idea! Taking screen time away from more (dare i say this) deserving lads and/or lasses!!!

eyehatecena
11-05-2010, 10:40 PM
yeah, get rid of it. they can just repackage them later on.

Splattered-Dreams
11-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Robbie E needs to be repackaged, the same way Johnny Nitro needed to change. When we wach John Morrison matches nowadays, we rarely remember his former name. Could be done with Robbie

Rich Cranium
11-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Robbie E needs to be repackaged, the same way Johnny Nitro needed to change. When we wach John Morrison matches nowadays, we rarely remember his former name. Could be done with Robbie

Sure it could, he has the tools but this stupid gimmick does him no justice.

2xtreme
12-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Sure it could, he has the tools but this stupid gimmick does him no justice.

True. This might be a case of ignorance but wtf is Jersey Shore?

RevolutionIcon
12-07-2010, 11:33 PM
I gotta say, there are worse gimmicks. And WWE has a lot of them. The only problem with this gimmick is the boring chants it creates. Boring is the only kind of heat you don't want. They both can obviously take care of representing a character, and if they were both repackaged, I'm sure they could draw some real heat.

Lowki
12-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Guess i'm the only one that finds Tazz quite funny when Robbie comes out and does his Fist Pump (Oh Oh Ohhhh). Cookie annoys me with her constant whining... but tbh from what i've seen of the Jersey shore, her character is spot on. Especially when she just turns on people even if they aren't even saying anything bad. Pity TNA don't put as much effort into gimmicks as they have this one.

InfoWarrior
12-13-2010, 12:26 AM
the shore gimmick needs to go. I can only think of one person who loves to write "TV" wrestling instead of 'Fake" wrestling who could have come up with this gimmick....Vince Russo. The only good things about it is seeing cookie and when tazz says Ohh after every fist pump, lol.

Bodom
12-13-2010, 12:29 AM
True. This might be a case of ignorance but wtf is Jersey Shore?

Watch the Jersey episode of South Park and you'll get a good idea.

Splattered-Dreams
12-15-2010, 12:09 PM

South Park has always had its finger on the pulse, hasn't it? They've succesfully torn the shit out of most fads

2xtreme
12-15-2010, 03:01 PM

Cheers Bodom. Just watched it now. If the gimmick was received well by fans it coulda drawn some serious heat imo

Bodom
12-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Cheers Bodom. Just watched it now. If the gimmick was received well by fans it coulda drawn some serious heat imo

or just more like Zack Ryder.

2xtreme
12-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Theres always that as well I suppose

eboy
12-30-2010, 04:48 PM
spot on because where wwe is in huge arenas making big bucks its cold and has non reseptive fans where as the heart and sole of tna is its fans they get right into the action and as for the shore hell i find the gimmick a breath of fresh air and ROBBIE E & COOKIE are the best heels in the whole company

jerseys in the house b*****s

The Brown One
12-30-2010, 07:06 PM
spot on because where wwe is in huge arenas making big bucks its cold and has non reseptive fans where as the heart and sole of tna is its fans they get right into the action and as for the shore hell i find the gimmick a breath of fresh air and ROBBIE E & COOKIE are the best heels in the whole company

jerseys in the house b*****s

You must be a fan of Jersey Shore then? I watched that crap and find Robbie E and Cookie boring as hell.

eboy
12-31-2010, 06:13 AM
You must be a fan of Jersey Shore then? I watched that crap and find Robbie E and Cookie boring as hell.

hey i've never seen the jersey shore tv show in my life i have no idea wat its about i just find robbie e & cookie entertaining oh oh oh fist pump

The Brown One
12-31-2010, 06:20 AM
hey i've never seen the jersey shore tv show in my life i have no idea wat its about i just find robbie e & cookie entertaining oh oh oh fist pump

Well yeah thats pretty much it..In Jersey Shore they fist pump, and show off.

eboy
12-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Hey i like it

The Brown One
12-31-2010, 05:08 PM
They're douchebags.

Rich Cranium
02-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Bump - Can someone explain to me how Jersey Shore is good for wrestling or am I the only one on the planet that doesn't watch it?