PDA

View Full Version : Which MMA star could make it in WWE?

Rich Cranium
10-21-2010, 03:44 PM
I realize that sports entertainment and MMA are two different creatures and that Shamrock and Severn were pro wrestlers but who else besides Lesnar and Lashley do you think could make that transition?

Kashdinero
10-21-2010, 04:02 PM
I know he's a bit cumbersome (to say the least) but bob sapp would have gotten over huge with the wwe universe.

Also alberto del rios is a former mma fighter. He had a record of 10 wins five losses. As dos caras jr he was almost decapitated by mirko cro cop with a head kick in like 46 seconds!

SilverGhost
10-21-2010, 04:04 PM
I would say....Rampage Jackson.

Robstar
10-23-2010, 11:45 PM
I could see Tito Ortiz in WWE. But I could also see him being fired for getting into fights with other wrestlers

Iron Ape
10-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Chael Sonnen is already one of the best in the world at cutting a promo (granted, most of his jokes would go completely over the average WWE fan's head). Plus, he's a Republican and has no problem using steroids. Vince would love him.

ramjam
11-15-2010, 01:00 AM
John Cena could be UFC champ! He will AA Valesquez and then hell wear that belt

SilverGhost
11-15-2010, 11:33 AM
John Cena doesn't like MMA so....you shot yourself in the foot.

ramjam
11-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Im a clown like doink so i shot water! Cena doesnt like MMA cause he is better! Its too easy for CENA! Now Silverghost, give me a Flair, Woooooo..

IrkenInvader
11-15-2010, 02:24 PM
John Cena doesn't like MMA so....you shot yourself in the foot.

Cena is pussy.

ramjam
11-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Cena is pussy.

Blasphemy! You may be a god but you are no Cena.

Danny Des
11-22-2010, 11:04 AM
John Cena could be UFC champ! He will AA Valesquez and then hell wear that belt

wtf is this ^^^

Robstar
11-24-2010, 02:00 PM
wtf is this ^^^

You'll have to excuse ramjam - he's um, 'special'

Bodom
11-24-2010, 02:02 PM
You'll have to excuse ramjam - he's um, 'special'
He's also dead too

Robstar
11-24-2010, 02:10 PM
He's also dead too

You're a serial killer Bods

Bodom
11-24-2010, 02:11 PM
You're a serial killer Bods

Serial Banner.

Difference.

Silverdust
11-24-2010, 06:20 PM
We will certainly find out who is going to WWE from MMA! Will it be Nelson, Rampage, or Lidell? That's a question that eating at the pants of all wrestling fans!

IPOOPINTHEBATH
11-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Chael Sonnen is already one of the best in the world at cutting a promo (granted, most of his jokes would go completely over the average WWE fan's head). Plus, he's a Republican and has no problem using steroids. Vince would love him.

Aye. A real disgrace to us Oregonians.

SilverGhost
11-24-2010, 10:47 PM
We will certainly find out who is going to WWE from MMA! Will it be Nelson, Rampage, or Lidell? That's a question that eating at the pants of all wrestling fans!

Rampage./end this foolishness

SilverCena
11-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I don't think any of these MMA guys understand how hard it really is to be a WWE star. It's scripted yes, but can they handle the extreme travel and taking bumps with limited rest in between? They have a fight and have a long time to heal.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
11-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Rampage./end this foolishness

I think he could do well, and WWE would be fools to not take him. But he said he doesn't want a heavy travel schedule. I don't see him as being more than a side attraction if that's the case. I'm sorry, but you can't just jump into the Undertaker's schedule and expect to last.

Kashdinero
11-25-2010, 01:22 AM
I think he could do well, and WWE would be fools to not take him. But he said he doesn't want a heavy travel schedule. I don't see him as being more than a side attraction if that's the case. I'm sorry, but you can't just jump into the Undertaker's schedule and expect to last.

I believe the WWE could benefit from having more (or all) performers on limited schedules.
Undertaker has been around for 20 years and he always goes away for months at a time and is always welcomed back upon his return.
Triple H is another who benifits from such a schedule. I know most of their sabatacles have been due to injuries but they are still welcome breaks in their hectic lives on the road.
I know it sounds ludicrous to expect newcomers and outsiders to get similar contracts (as in schedule not pay) to the Game and the Deadman but it shouldn't. Time off shouldn't only occur when a performer has an injury it should be mandatory.
Having the same old faces appear at every PPV and raw/SD in main event spots means no-one else gets a chance to get over as main eventers. It also means that the WWE has less main eventers it can rely on and even less performers in a position where they're capable of getting others over.
Having a guy like Quinton Jackson on the payroll in limited capacity would be beneficial all round. A feud with Rampage would be instant spotlight for anyone. A feud with Rampage could get a guy like Sheamus over in a way that a feud with Tripper never could.
I hope he does eventually make his way to the WWE someday in some shape or form. Furthermore I hope Nelson and even Lidell choose to pop in too!
It can only help the current crop of superstars rubbing shoulders with these legit though guys.

Rich Cranium
11-25-2010, 12:08 PM
I agree that MMA stars could give WWE stars that Bad-Ass image. And also, the WWE talent SHOULD be allowed more time to rest and recuperate. Perhaps then, wrestlers would not need to rely on Somas or other muscle relaxers and this would also keep the product fresh. Look at how fresh Jericho always is after his hiatus. That's the time to reinvent one's self and to come back where we are anticipating their return.

Kashdinero
11-25-2010, 12:19 PM
I agree that MMA stars could give WWE stars that Bad-Ass image. And also, the WWE talent SHOULD be allowed more time to rest and recuperate. Perhaps then, wrestlers would not need to rely on Somas or other muscle relaxers and this would also keep the product fresh. Look at how fresh Jericho always is after his hiatus. That's the time to reinvent one's self and to come back where we are anticipating their return.

Although it deprives us of him for the duration his time away, I LOVE the way Jericho can walk away for a while to mentally and physically recuperate. Walk being the operative word!

Rich Cranium
11-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Although it deprives us of him for the duration his time away, I LOVE the way Jericho can walk away for a while to mentally and physically recuperate. Walk being the operative word!

He certainly has earned his ability to walk away to work on his music and misc. projects! This man has NO limits and it's cool how he can try his hand at so many avenues such as acting, singing on a celebrity singing contest show, hosting a gameshow, etc.

**Congrats on becoming a member of the God club!

Kashdinero
11-25-2010, 01:41 PM
He certainly has earned his ability to walk away to work on his music and misc. projects! This man has NO limits and it's cool how he can try his hand at so many avenues such as acting, singing on a celebrity singing contest show, hosting a gameshow, etc.

**Congrats on becoming a member of the God club!

I never thought I'd ever join a forum let alone become part of the elite ~raises glass~ here's to the next 500 post's!

Back to the topic ; ) it's nice to see MMA stars considering making the jump to wrestling rather than the other way around. Remember when Shamrock came in and the buzz that surrounded him? Jackson going to WWE could equal if not surpass Kenny's arrival in the WWF. But after his "victory" against Machida it won't be happen for a while now. Shame ; (

Rich Cranium
11-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Looks like this Shonie Carter guy is eyeing WWE as well as Roy Nelson. A whole crop of guys want in these days. I hope they realize what they are in for.

Kashdinero
11-27-2010, 01:35 AM
Looks like this Shonie Carter guy is eyeing WWE as well as Roy Nelson. A whole crop of guys want in these days. I hope they realize what they are in for.

I remembered the name but forgot what he looked like so I just googled him to refresh my memory and Have to say this.
Shonie "mr international" Carter's a charismatic guy! He kinda reminds me of Ernest Miller (not a good comparison I know) without the Red shoes. His record is atrocious though. The guys lost like 26 times! If this guy gets into the WWE it will only be through his association with Punk. No way would he get in on the strength of his UFC career.

SilverShowerPisser
11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Jeff Jerret.

Rich Cranium
11-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Jeff Jerret.

So you think Double J can actually waltz into an MMA fight and slap on a figure four leglock? I don't think the opponent would "play along".

Kashdinero
11-30-2010, 01:20 AM
Maybe he could use the sleeper. He's definitely put me to sleep on more than a few occasion's ; )