PDA

View Full Version : Kane's Eye

Daveman101
01-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Topic of many discussions between me and my friends. Some are wrestling fans, and some have ended up beside me reliving their childhoods as I watch at home. The question that comes up very often is.. Whats with Kanes one eye?

Is Glen Jacobs blind in one eye? Is it a birth defect? Is he wearing a contact? Wouldnt a contact make it very hard to wrestle with as in theory with all the activity it'd slide all over the place?

I know Rey used to or still does wear contacts, but it just seems strange to add a one eye thing to Kane, and have him keep it all this time.

Just a question Ive had in my mind for years now, and without a real answer to even put a finger on that I can find, Im left just guessing like this. Does anyone know?

Wade Barrett 1979
01-16-2012, 06:13 AM
It's a contact lens. The story behind Kane, is that he was supposedly burnt in a fire and he is blind in that eye, kayfabe. That's why he originally wore a mask!

Daveman101
01-16-2012, 06:27 AM
It's a contact lens. The story behind Kane, is that he was supposedly burnt in a fire and he is blind in that eye, kayfabe. That's why he originally wore a mask!

Yes yes I was at the edge of my seat during the beginning of Kane's story in the WWE.. BUT I never knew he was blind in one eye as a character. Was it something mentioned or something we just assumed though?

Wade Barrett 1979
01-16-2012, 06:34 AM
Yes yes I was at the edge of my seat during the beginning of Kane's story in the WWE.. BUT I never knew he was blind in one eye as a character. Was it something mentioned or something we just assumed though?

To be honest I can't quite remember. I'm not sure if it was mentioned when he was unmasked! I remember a piece with JR, where they said he had no physical facial scars and that they were 'mental scars!'

Daveman101
01-16-2012, 06:40 AM
To be honest I can't quite remember. I'm not sure if it was mentioned when he was unmasked! I remember a piece with JR, where they said he had no physical facial scars and that they were 'mental scars!'

Yea that was cheesy lol. BUT thanks for answering my question. I can give more accurate answers now.

JSullivan
01-16-2012, 06:46 AM
Trust me, you'd know if He was blind in that eye! You can tell the difference when you see a blind persons eye/s up close.

My dad + my Step-dad are both blind in one eye each!

Wade Barrett 1979
01-16-2012, 06:47 AM
Yea that was cheesy lol. BUT thanks for answering my question. I can give more accurate answers now.

No worries chief! :)

Wade Barrett 1979
01-16-2012, 06:48 AM
Trust me, you'd know if He was blind in that eye! You can tell the difference when you see a blind persons eye/s up close.

Welcome to the forum! :)

The Brown One
01-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Plus it makes him look even more demented!

Wade Barrett 1979
01-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Plus it makes him look even more demented!

This too!!

:D

Daveman101
01-16-2012, 07:19 AM

Yeah, my uncle was blind in one eye from a motorcycle accident when he was young. thats why I always tried to convince my friends it was a contact.. It looked too 'alive' to be blind.

JSullivan
01-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Cheers for the welcome!

Also:

Yeah, my uncle was blind in one eye from a motorcycle accident when he was young. thats why I always tried to convince my friends it was a contact.. It looked too 'alive' to be blind.

My dad has Glaucoma, his eye has become 'shrunken' and looks like it's bloodshot. Also slightly lighter in terms of colour, so it's a cloudy blue instead of normal.

Yano88
01-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Rey Mysterio is also blind in both eyes.

Like Kane he was burnt down as a child and now he wears a mask.
Just joking...

I think both Rey and Kane have the same kind of contact lens...

Cabers
01-16-2012, 09:18 AM
You have to admit it makes his character look scary as hell!!

Daveman101
01-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Cheers for the welcome!

Also:

My dad has Glaucoma, his eye has become 'shrunken' and looks like it's bloodshot. Also slightly lighter in terms of colour, so it's a cloudy blue instead of normal.

I honestly dont know much about glaucoma but I know its no fun, so my condolences.

My uncles eye turned a weird grey colour all the way through, and he got this weird lens he could wear under his eyelid to make his eye normal looking but he never cared too.

Daveman101
01-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Rey Mysterio is also blind in both eyes.

That mustve been his secret

JSullivan
01-16-2012, 10:17 AM
I honestly dont know much about glaucoma but I know its no fun, so my condolences.

My uncles eye turned a weird grey colour all the way through, and he got this weird lens he could wear under his eyelid to make his eye normal looking but he never cared too.

No need for the condolences, but thank you for your thought. Glaucoma is basically were the eye produces too much, or too little liquid, and it basically causes the eye to degenerate in some way or another, eventually leading to the patient becoming blind to some degree or another, quite painful in the process. It can be treated if caught early enough and there's plenty of technology kicking about to remedy the issue.

Yes, the false eye lenses are left in a liquid and can be placed over the eye, my dad had one for years, but a scarcely remember seeing him use his, I think he just couldn't be bothered to use it every day - to my knowledge, it's quite irritating to the eye, so most people just leave the contact in a drawer for years.

But yeah, Kanes lenses definitely added something to his Character. He was incredibly believable as a child, and little touches like the eye make all the difference.

Rich Cranium
01-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Did Kane use the contact lens in his movie? *Forgets movie name*

KJ PUNK
01-16-2012, 12:39 PM
I believe the story behind Kane's eye was that it was damaged in the "fire" and that it was a glass eye, which they used a contact lense to get the effect.

And Rich, I don't believe he had the fake eye in "See No Evil," but no one can be sure because nobody watched that movie. :P

masterzeke
01-16-2012, 01:21 PM
its a glass eye or a crooked contact. duhhh

Tommy Thunder
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
It was to my understanding that Glen Jacobs had a glass eye in that eye due to a legit injury.

Rich Cranium
01-16-2012, 03:03 PM
It was to my understanding that Glen Jacobs had a glass eye in that eye due to a legit injury.

I call that a myth. Would he even be cleared to wrestle with one eye? It's clearly a contact lens.

Tommy Thunder
01-16-2012, 03:08 PM
I call that a myth. Would he even be cleared to wrestle with one eye? It's clearly a contact lens.

You're probably right, just one theory that I've heard, the other being that it's a contact lens of course.

PandaMassacre
01-16-2012, 05:27 PM
When I first saw his eye my initial reaction was that he was spared by the devil and he was given the eye of a demon. I thought that he saw things as they really were in his human eye while he saw all of the ugly and disgusting things through the other. It never occurred to me that he was just blind. And if they explained then I really wasn't paying attention back then. I still like his eye! ;p

The Brown One
01-16-2012, 06:27 PM
If Kane was blind in one eye all this time he would be botching more than Sin Cara, so I doubt that is the case.

cato79
01-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Is Glen Jacobs blind in one eye? Is it a birth defect? Is he wearing a contact? Wouldnt a contact make it very hard to wrestle with as in theory with all the activity it'd slide all over the place?

I've used prescription contacts for 5+ years now and I can tell you that you can perform any sport without an issue... once you are used to them is like you are not wearing them anymore....