PDA

View Full Version : Punk/Swagger match ending - whose fault was it?

CM_SUXX_NOT
01-12-2012, 10:34 PM
For anyone who's interested, I have the answer. The referee did not make a mistake, it was in fact CM Punk's and Jack Swagger's fault.
http://vids.wwe.com/14563/raw-cm-punk-vs-jack-swagger
This link goes to the match and the elbow drop is at the 2-minute mark. Listen carefully after Punk gets up.

He says to the ref, "Fucked up, sorry"

Edit: #4 is right. The ref says it, not Punk. Haha!

helmsley
01-12-2012, 10:43 PM
mmm interesting... i guess this stuff happens

jethro
01-12-2012, 11:00 PM
you mean Swagger was not suppose to kick out?

Haruko Haruhara
01-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Are you sure. I think CMPunk said, "fucked up." Then the ref said, "sorry." I feel this because of the look of concern on the refs face.

CM_SUXX_NOT
01-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Are you sure. I think CMPunk said, "fucked up." Then the ref said, "sorry." I feel this because of the look of concern on the refs face.

Welcome to the forums! You are totally right, it comes from the ref not Punk, you even see him fidget with his earpiece.

Good work!

Haruko Haruhara
01-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Thank you for the welcome. Long time reader, giving the forums a shot.

FXK2I
01-12-2012, 11:53 PM
I noticed a few things with this situation. I'm not a professional analyst so go easy on me.

Usually the wrestlers know when "not" to kick out (when the match officially ends), yet Swagger still kicked out.

When did Punk ever actually win a match with the elbow drop? I noticed he was going for the anaconda vice (after the elbow) which I assume should have been the original way to end the match with Swagger tapping out.

Also, when Swagger kicked out you can see Vickie Guerrero jumping around all happy and cheering that he kicked out (so she also thought the match was supposed to continue---even though she "heard" the bell ring declaring the match was over---it took her a while to realize this).

Then Punk seemed legitimately pissed off, probably spit some profanity at the ref, and then threw his gum outside the ring (I never/ever saw him throw his gum out after any match).

The rest of the sequence with the replays and the commentators discussing the event was just an improvisational tactic to cover up the ref's botch and make it seem like it was part of the script.

The Brown One
01-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Maybe they can continue to cover this up by including it as part of the Laurinaitus - Punk storyline. Johnny can say something like "I helped you win that match, and I can make you lose at the Royal Rumble, so don't screw with me".

Robstar
01-13-2012, 12:58 AM
I noticed a few things with this situation. I'm not a professional analyst so go easy on me.

Well you've got no business being here! This is the IWC! We're all armchair experts here. ;) Just kidding, welcome to the EWN :D

Melevolent 27
01-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Umm,
story line to follow, next week Laurinaitus says because of the contraversial ending to your match with Swagger the result is wiped from the records, and now Vikki and Swagger are still able to be at ring side at RR.
Laurinaitus screw job on Punk gaining more heat, for all involved against Punk coz we all know Vikki and Ziggler will rub it in our faces, also put Punk over as being against the rule maker and gives more intrest in his match with Ziggler at RR because Punk is against a quality opponent and the GM.
In short... a work.

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-13-2012, 03:34 AM
Umm,
story line to follow, next week Laurinaitus says because of the contraversial ending to your match with Swagger the result is wiped from the records, and now Vikki and Swagger are still able to be at ring side at RR.
Laurinaitus screw job on Punk gaining more heat, for all involved against Punk coz we all know Vikki and Ziggler will rub it in our faces, also put Punk over as being against the rule maker and gives more intrest in his match with Ziggler at RR because Punk is against a quality opponent and the GM.
In short... a work.

The newish guy is right with this one. They have something up about it on WWE.COM right now with Lauranitis saying he's investigating it and will make a decision on Monday. They wouldn't be exploiting it like this if Laranitis wasn't going to rinse it from the records.

jordan1995
01-13-2012, 03:34 AM

yeah the ref says sorry

Cabers
01-13-2012, 05:38 AM

Yea the ref botched it! He had no choice then but to end it.

ELNIOJR
01-13-2012, 07:18 AM
I think Swagger is the ONE who fucked up! I mean the show is live, you got cameras on you, the audience, and the refs job is the 1,2,3. He cant go 1...2...(stop and ask): "Hey Swagger are you gonna kick out or what?"

AndyWonder
01-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Umm,
In short... a work.

I have a feeling this will happen. It will be a great way to settle the matter and like you said, give more interest into the match cuz who knows what jack and vickie will do during it.

Y2Jryder
01-13-2012, 11:46 AM
I think Swagger is the ONE who fucked up! I mean the show is live, you got cameras on you, the audience, and the refs job is the 1,2,3. He cant go 1...2...(stop and ask): "Hey Swagger are you gonna kick out or what?"
You can see that Swagger kicked out before the 3 count so I think the Ref botched

Shaz11
01-13-2012, 11:52 AM
The newish guy is right with this one. They have something up about it on WWE.COM right now with Lauranitis saying he's investigating it and will make a decision on Monday. They wouldn't be exploiting it like this if Laranitis wasn't going to rinse it from the records.

Loving your sig :)

Y2Jryder
01-13-2012, 11:58 AM

I still think it was a botch, but they turned it into a work. Vince is still genius

Cult of Personality
01-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Swagger kicks out. Ref fucks up. Punk is pissed.

SLEEPY LOCO1
01-13-2012, 12:54 PM
I think the ref and Thwagger both fucked up. It was probaly supposed to be a pin but Thwagger kicked out and the ref wasn't paying it close enough attention and ended the match.