PDA

View Full Version : I Now Own WWE

ErrbY
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
On December 21, 2012, after the world ends I will win the lottery and buy the WWE. Or at least invest enough money to be the head of creative.

Storylines, booking, etc. aside I want to go over some general things. More specifically, how the company presents itself. 2bluntsup just did a thread about this and I want to elaborate on that.

The whole PPV concept was appropriate at the time but is no longer necassary or relevant. Right now we get a PPV nearly every other week it feels. Screw that. Make the events important by not having so many, and stop using the PPV format to charge for the show. Just read my 2013 WWE events schedule below.

January 27th, 2013
Network Television (no commercials during the actual Rumble match)
Royal Rumble
-- The winner needs to establish and launch tweeners such as Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, similarly to Batista in 2005. It shouldn't be to force someone down our throats like Alberto Del Rio, and it shouldn't be for bonafide superstars just because they haven't won it yet or to force them into the main event at WrestleMania like Edge, Randy Orton, John Cena, Undertaker, etc.

February 24th, 2013
WWE Network
Elimination Chamber
-- Two chamber matches. The first one is for whichever title the Royal Rumble winner isn't going for. The main event chamber match will be for the other world title match at WrestleMania.

March 31, 2013
Network Television
WrestleMania 29
-- The Super Bowl of wrestling? Why are you charging us $65 to watch it then? Make the show a huge media day thing filled with the best we have to offer to bring in fans. It feels like the Manias lately have been tweening. We try to appease fans with Cena vs Orton etc, and we get people like Snooki, Mickey Rourke, etc. We can do a lot better than that.

May 19th, 2013
WWE Network
King of the Ring
-- You have to have some rest time after all the mania. You also can't afford to lose the momentum of mania. You also can't present yourself to the media and new fans right after mania with an event called Extreme Rules where we use weapons and beat ourselves in hardcore, gorry, blood-filled matches.

June 30th, 2013
WWE Network
Money in the Bank
-- I think it would be cool if every match was a MITB match for title shots. It would be awesome to have an 8-man tag team MITB match. No Diva match though. Honestly, MITB needs to be one of three things: gone in general, only once at WrestleMania, or the way I intend to do it with each title having the chance of changing at any time!

August 18th, 2013
Network Television
SummerSlam
-- I like 7-11 as much as anybody, but damn it, promote SummerSlam! It can be the biggest event of the summer like it claims to be.

October 6th, 2013
WWE Network
Night of Champions
-- Strictly title matches. Really emphasize how prestigious and important it is to be a champion.

November 11th, 2013
Network Television
Survivor Series
-- For the love of God I will bring back the traditional, actually meaningful, 5 on 5 matches.

December 29th, 2013
WWE Network
New Year's Revolution
-- Cool event. Cool logo. Bring it back! End the year with a bang!

Thoughts?

Y2Jryder
01-08-2012, 08:10 PM
I prefer a Mcmahon running the company

ErrbY
01-08-2012, 08:11 PM
I prefer a Mcmahon running the company

I think you're lying. Or else you would have specified why.

URATOOL
01-08-2012, 08:13 PM
On December 21, 2012, after the world ends I will win the lottery and buy the WWE. Or at least invest enough money to be the head of creative.

Storylines, booking, etc. aside I want to go over some general things. More specifically, how the company presents itself. 2bluntsup just did a thread about this and I want to elaborate on that.

The whole PPV concept was appropriate at the time but is no longer necassary or relevant. Right now we get a PPV nearly every other week it feels. Screw that. Make the events important by not having so many, and stop using the PPV format for charge for the show. Just read my 2013 WWE events schedule below.

January 27th, 2013
Network Television (no commercials during the actual Rumble match)
Royal Rumble
-- The winner needs to establish and launch tweeners such as Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, similarly to Batista in 2005. It shouldn't be to force someone down our throats like Alberto Del Rio, and it shouldn't be for bonafide superstars just because they haven't won it yet or to force them into the main event at WrestleMania like Edge, Randy Orton, John Cena, Undertaker, etc.

February 24th, 2013
WWE Network
Elimination Chamber
-- Two chamber matches. The first one is for whichever title the Royal Rumble winner isn't going for. The main event chamber match will be for the other world title match at WrestleMania.

March 31, 2013
Network Television
WrestleMania 29
-- The Super Bowl of wrestling? Why are you charging us $65 to watch it then? Make the show a huge media day thing filled with the best we have to offer to bring in fans. It feels like the Manias lately have been tweening. We try to appease fans with Cena vs Orton etc, and we get people like Snooki, Mickey Rourke, etc. We can do a lot better than that.

May 19th, 2013
WWE Network
King of the Ring
-- You have to have some rest time after all the mania. You also can't afford to lose the momentum of mania. You also can't present yourself to the media and new fans right after mania with an event called Extreme Rules where we use weapons and beat ourselves in hardcore, gorry, blood-filled matches.

June 30th, 2013
WWE Network
Money in the Bank
-- I think it would be cool if every match was a MITB match for title shots. It would be awesome to have an 8-man tag team MITB match. No Diva match though. Honestly, MITB needs to be one of three things: gone in general, only once at WrestleMania, or the way I intend to do it with each title having the chance of changing at any time!

August 18th, 2013
Network Television
SummerSlam
-- I like 7-11 as much as anybody, but damn it, promote SummerSlam! It can be the biggest event of the summer like it claims to be.

October 6th, 2013
WWE Network
Night of Champions
-- Strictly title matches. Really emphasize how prestigious and important it is to be a champion.

November 11th, 2013
Network Television
Survivor Series
-- For the love of God I will bring back the traditional, actually meaningful, 5 on 5 matches.

December 29th, 2013
WWE Network
New Year's Revolution
-- Cool event. Cool logo. Bring it back! End the year with a bang!

Thoughts?

Did someone dust your Fruity Pebbles with PCP?

ErrbY
01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Did someone dust your Fruity Pebbles with PCP?

No! The winds of change are blowing!

thesubverse
01-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Your company will be bankrupt by the end of the year. Fan wet dream.

ErrbY
01-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Your company will be bankrupt by the end of the year. Fan wet dream.

Or maybe the ratings will go from 2.9 to 5+ again. Right now the WWE targets a small niche of children with older fans as parents who pay good money because they want their kids to be like themselves, yet feel terrible about it because the product isn't all it can be. Network television of the Big 4 will open the door.

Oh, and advertising > PPV buys.

derrrr01
01-08-2012, 08:38 PM
With the exception of a total switch from PPV to network television, I actually love the PPV schedule. Also I like the idea of WWE trying maybe 1 big event on Network TV. It couldn't hurt ratings.

Nitro
01-08-2012, 08:47 PM
If I was running wwe, I would get rid of smackdown, and keep raw. Have 6 PPV's per year (every 2 months), and make wrestlemania free, then millions more people will watch it. And have another 2 hour show once per month (maybe Saturday night's main event), where the big matches could also happen. Too many ppv's gets boring, and smackdown it pretty much dead.

ErrbY
01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
With the exception of a total switch from PPV to network television, I actually love the PPV schedule. Also I like the idea of WWE trying maybe 1 big event on Network TV. It couldn't hurt ratings.

It sounds abrupt, but if it does ever happen, it would be gradual and it of course won't hurt ratings.

Bodom
01-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Can I have NXT?

CM Rock-Austin
01-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Can I have the diva division ;)?

ErrbY
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
If I was running wwe, I would get rid of smackdown, and keep raw. Have 6 PPV's per year (every 2 months), and make wrestlemania free, then millions more people will watch it. And have another 2 hour show once per month (maybe Saturday night's main event), where the big matches could also happen. Too many ppv's gets boring, and smackdown it pretty much dead.

Thanks for joining to post! I had 9 which is a good amount.

And if I were to make some other minor changes I might make SmackDown what SuperStars is now. Raw would be for the main stories and titles. SmackDown could be a place where the Intercontinental and United States Champions run the show.

ErrbY
01-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Can I have NXT?

Can I have the diva division ;)?

NXT will die. The Divas get their own 1 hour show! And they get more than 1 minute and 45 seconds on Raw!

Bodom
01-08-2012, 09:02 PM
NXT will die.

Boooo!!!!!

ErrbY
01-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Boooo!!!!!

You know you love it! I'm also giving FCW it's own 'internet' show! OMG!@!#$ haha.

The Brown One
01-08-2012, 10:53 PM
ErrbY (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9865-ErrbY), you're idea wouldn't really get the ratings up much higher. You just got rid of a couple of PPVs and replaced some current ones with old favorites. But they might lose money from having fewer PPVs. They need to advertise the hell out of them, and build storylines on the main shows that get people to really want to buy the PPV to see what will happen. That's when ratings will go up.

Cabers
01-09-2012, 04:06 AM
I will give Errby a few things having less ppvs would be better in the long run and a divas show would be awesome but i'll have to disagree on everything else.