PDA

View Full Version : Cris "Cyborg" Santos being stripped of the Title?!!

Dr. Death
01-07-2012, 11:57 AM
I just found this information out and thought that it needed to be addressed. You can read the information here - http://mmajunkie.com/news/26856/strikeforce-noncommittal-on-cris-santos-future-white-says-belt-will-be-stripped.mma

Wow!!, Santos fails a drug test and is suspended for competing for 1 year. This will definitely shake up the womens division in Strikeforce. I hope Dana don't get his way and drop the whole 155 Lbs womens division though. These women have busted their butts off just like the men to get to where they are at, and recently have been putting on some very good fights. IMO it would be a shame to scrap the whole division just because 1 person failed a test. Also, Santos has yet to appeal since she has never failed a drug test before, so she does have a right to appeal and retake the test. Hopefully the powers that be hold off judgement until the apeal, (if any happens), is done. What do you guys think of this? Opinions or comments?

Automatic
01-07-2012, 11:59 AM
If she's positive, the title should be stripped of her, I just hope Women MMA doesn't get booted off Strikeforce, it's actually the only significant difference between Strikeforce and UFC.
But this does pose a question about her past.

Dr. Death
01-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I agree that if she did test positive that she should be stripped of her title, but I don't like the Idea of punishing the whole womens division for it. They should at least hold a tournament for the vacant title instead of scrapping the division. That's a bit harsh for Dana to even suggest.

Bodom
01-07-2012, 12:16 PM
An athlete named Cyborg is on the juice? Who'da thought.

Automatic
01-07-2012, 12:28 PM
You must be incredibly stupid to fail a planned steroid test though.

Dr. Death
01-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Well nobody ever accused her of being smart, just a beast in the cage.

Asherdelampyr
01-07-2012, 03:20 PM
the division really shouldn't have to pay for Cyborg's stupidity, but I don't really think that Dana is going to scrap the division, he tends to say random shit sometimes that never comes to pass, and I am hoping that this is the same,
however if she is "on the juice" then absolutely her title should be stripped from her

Iron Ape
01-07-2012, 03:30 PM
This has to be music to Dana's ears; he's been looking for an excuse to wipe women fighters off the face of the map for some time now.

Automatic
01-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Here's her reaction:

I would like to sincerely apologize to StrikeForce, the Zuffa organization, Hioko Yamanaka and my fans for my failed drug test.

I am ultimately responsible for everything I put in my body, and at the end of the day, there is no excuse for having a prohibited substance in my system. I do not condone the use of any performance enhancing drugs by myself or any other professional athlete, and willingly accept the penalties and fines that have been handed down to me by the California State Athletic Commission and those of the StrikeForce/Zuffa organization.

While I was preparing myself for my last fight I was having a difficult time cutting weight and used a dietary supplement that I was assured was safe and not prohibited from use in sports competition. It was never my intention to obtain an unfair advantage over Hiroko, mislead StrikeForce, the Commission or my fans. I train harder than any fighter in MMA and do not need drugs to win in the cage, and I have proven this time and time again! My only mistake is not verifying the diet aid with my doctor beforehand, and understanding that it was not approved for use in the ring. Unfortunately in the end I suffer the consequences and must accept the responsibility for my actions.

I will do everything I can to show my fans that I can still compete at the professional level without the use of any prohibited substances, and ask God's forgiveness for my mistake.

Cris Santos - Curitiba, Brazil January 7th, 2012

Lol, anabolic steroids in a dietary supplement? I'm not well educated by any means in dietary supplements, but anabolic steroids aren't supposed to be in that, are they?

Man up, Cris.
Oh wait....

Asherdelampyr
01-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Here's her reaction:

Lol, anabolic steroids in a dietary supplement? I'm not well educated by any means in dietary supplements, but anabolic steroids aren't supposed to be in that, are they?

Man up, Cris.
Oh wait....

where the hell is she buying her diet supplements?
and if she manned up, Dana may like her more :P

Bodom
01-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Cris "Cyborg" Santos being stripped.

Had to.

Bodom
01-07-2012, 09:46 PM
LOL

https://twitter.com/#!/eddiebravo/status/155521587028832256

Dr. Death
01-07-2012, 10:19 PM
LOL

LMAO.....That is funny.

Zilvis
01-08-2012, 08:06 AM
LOL

That made my day.

On topic: I really hope Dana doesn't get his way like Mr. Death said, the women do work their asses off to get where they got.

Shaz11
01-08-2012, 05:30 PM
LOL

That's hilarious!

Itsrealdamnit
01-08-2012, 07:29 PM
"Business as Usual." Does anybody get the implications of that quote?

Uncle Dana has a disdain for WMMA this was inevitable.

Dr. Death
01-08-2012, 07:45 PM
"Business as Usual." Does anybody get the implications of that quote?

Uncle Dana has a disdain for WMMA this was inevitable.

It's really sad that Dana is like that because these women MMA fighters can really go at it, sometimes even more so than the men.