PDA

View Full Version : Issues on the site here.

Pages : [1] 2

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Hello Firefox users.

SouthernBlood has found that the new site isn't Firefox friendly. You may need to switch browsers in order to post.

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-04-2012, 03:43 AM
Speak of the devil!

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 03:46 AM
I'm too good huh? :D

But yeah....this new site+ Firefox= no good.

TheLegendaryIcon
01-04-2012, 04:58 AM
Umm... No, I think I'll just stop using this site and go to another since you prefer not to support Firefox AND show absolutely no interest in fixing the existing issue.

Tommy Thunder
01-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Umm... No, I think I'll just stop using this site and go to another since you prefer not to support Firefox AND show absolutely no interest in fixing the existing issue.

Well, haters gonna hate, slaters gonna slate!

VanHooliganX
01-04-2012, 07:24 AM

Don't worry. You won't be missed :)

TheDevilsAdvocate
01-04-2012, 07:34 AM
It is not hard to change browsers for the time being. Nobody said that it was a permanent thing. From what I understand Frank will be the knight in shining armor to fix this problem. So this Icon guy needs to learn the value of patience. "People are too quick to judge, but slow to correct themselves". I love who ever came up with that.

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 08:29 AM
I like Firefox here but I had to switch to Chrome for this. I only complained about the text box but other than that, I had to switch browsers. Its not that hard. -.-'

Y2Jryder
01-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Will it be fixed? I had to install Chrome to post here. I usually work in Firefox. with Internet explorer you can't post anything either (IE sucks). So this site is only made for people who use Chrome? I don't know about any other browsers like Safari

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Well, my posting will be dramatically cut on this site now. Firefox and IE aren't supported on here and that's what my job runs on. I'm able to read everything and check my PM's but other than that, I'll only be accessing the site from home now which is unfortunate considering I do all of my stuff usually from work. Boo! (I would D/L Chrome from there but it's blocked.)

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Will it be fixed? I had to install Chrome to post here. I usually work in Firefox. with Internet explorer you can't post anything either (IE sucks). So this site is only made for people who use Chrome? I don't know about any other browsers like Safari

It works fine with Safari!

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Chrome lags this site down like a crackhead with two 80's style TV's on his back.

HolyJose2391
01-04-2012, 09:19 AM
It works fine with Safari!

Yup I love Safari :)

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Yup I love Safari :)

Someone has a better "Fuck You I'm Sparkling" than yours lol

Frank
01-04-2012, 09:27 AM

Calm the fuck down eveyone. I'll fix this today, Jesus Christ...

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 09:29 AM

Its either or for me. My panic is gone.

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 09:35 AM

Frank has spoken! Chill ya boots people!

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Whoa! Frank just spoke the bomb! I have no qualms with the new layout, 'tis awesome! I just want to be able to post from Firefox or IE while at work. I just installed Chrome and it lags the site horribly but I got Safari as well now and damn, it's amazing! Sorry if I seemed rude or something, I just want to keep posting blogs and eFedding on the regular. :)

HolyJose2391
01-04-2012, 09:38 AM

Who? I demand a match against them! There can only be one!!!!!

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 09:41 AM
The only issue I have is being unable to customize my profile!

Apart from that, all is hunky dory!

I can say it works fine on iPhone too! The only issue here, is that when you try to upload pictures (URL) and videos the text box slides around the screen and you have to chase it around!

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 09:43 AM

SESAfro with a better gif than yours lol

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-04-2012, 09:44 AM

Pfft. You're cheating right now any damn way. I beat you legitimately in a best 2 out of 3 ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS match and yet, you're still keeping the pic like an uncrowned assclown. Your comeuppance will happen sooner or later....

HolyJose2391
01-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Pfft. You're cheating right now any damn way. I beat you legitimately in a best 2 out of 3 ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS match and yet, you're still keeping the pic like an uncrowned assclown. Your comeuppance will happen sooner or later....

:p did you expect any less from me?

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Ok back to business. What are the issues you have found so far?

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Ok back to business. What are the issues you have found so far?

Okay, what I've seen personally: Google Chrome lags this site down, Safari seems to have no problems, Firefox doesn't let you post but lets you log in and see everything. Same with IE. Blackberry, the site runs like shit but, that's because it's on a Blackberry. Everything runs like shit on them. And apparently the site runs fine on iPhone's but, has a problem catching videos and pictures.

HolyJose2391
01-04-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't see the video link thing

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 09:57 AM
I don't see the video link thing

What about on other threads?

Bodom
01-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Well for starters the "New Posts" is gone and everything is in italics

HolyJose2391
01-04-2012, 10:11 AM
What about on other threads?

Ok I see it in other threads it was just here I can't makes sense

Bodom
01-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Yay!! I can finally reject friend requests!

and I suspect that the lot of you can accept friend requests.

Steve Austin
01-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Yay!! I can finally reject friend requests!

and I suspect that the lot of you can accept friend requests.

Classic Bodom :rolleyes:

We friends now? ;)

Bodom
01-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Classic Bodom :rolleyes:

We friends now? ;)

Quick. Send me a friend request so I can reject it.

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 10:20 AM
I can finally merge threads!

Steve Austin
01-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Quick. Send me a friend request so I can reject it.

Yeah I did it! And I don't care!

Go ahead, reject that bitch!

*Secretly hopes he accepts it*

Bodom
01-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah I did it! And I don't care!

Go ahead, reject that bitch!

*Secretly hopes he accepts it*

Boom. Rejected.

Bwahahahah!!

Bodom
01-04-2012, 10:27 AM
This is awesome. Our admin toolbar's been fixed. Hooray!

SilverGhost
The awesome chatroom is missing....*cries*

VanHooliganX
Boom. Rejected.

Bwahahahah!!

Don't worry Steve. Bodom tried to accept it but it failed. [Blame SG reference here].

Steve Austin
01-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Boom. Rejected.

Bwahahahah!!

A poster can dream.... :(

HolyJose2391
01-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Boom. Rejected.

Bwahahahah!!

Sent you one to have fun with the reject button hahaha

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 10:29 AM
This is awesome. Our admin toolbar's been fixed. Hooray!

I was happy!!! No more straining on the right of the action!

Bodom
01-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Not sure if Frank just changed it, but the link for the ChatRoom is at the top on the Notification Bar

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Yeah. At least it is around.

Oh yeah. Frank I sent you a PM regarding the Private Message limit. Any word on that?

Poot-Hair
01-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Well as some of the others have stated, this site does not work properly with IE (which I normally use). It won't let you post, send private messages, etc. I had to download safari (which I hate) to post. Maybe it'll be fixed soon!!

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Woohoo! Chat box is there now!

Strangely you can't customize through my profile! Yet click on inbox and you can from here! Bizarre but works for me! :)

Bodom
01-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Well as some of the others have stated, this site does not work properly with IE (which I normally use). It won't let you post, send private messages, etc. I had to download safari (which I hate) to post. Maybe it'll be fixed soon!!

Serves you right for using IE :p

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 11:44 AM

Internet Explorer is a NO-NO!

(Well...only IE9 but that is different)

HolyJose2391
01-04-2012, 11:46 AM

The double post of DOOM!

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Stupid little thing I found. While using Safari I have to click on the scroll bar to guide up and down the page. The roller in the middle of my mouse doesn't work on it. I tried using it on Firefox, and it works, Google Chrome does too.

Poot-Hair
01-04-2012, 11:56 AM

(Well...only IE9 but that is different) I use IE9....it works fine for me lol

ahmed
01-04-2012, 12:19 PM
For those of you having trouble in different browsers, have you tried closing the page, clearing the browser cache, and reopening?

I'm not having any issues posting in FireFox (for that matter, this post is being added with FireFox). If there are still problems, can you send me a private message with details?

Likewise, I've tested the site speed in Chrome versus Safari and FireFox and the load speeds are comparable. Are the Chrome issues universal across the forums and blog, or are there just problems when you load specific pages?

VanHooliganX
01-04-2012, 12:38 PM
For those of you having trouble in different browsers, have you tried closing the page, clearing the browser cache, and reopening?

Just tried. No change :(

Ah well. I'm trying to adjust to Chrome so then I don't have to go back to IE9.

Frank
01-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Yea, I'm having trouble posting in Firefox. I've attached a screen shot of my browser and I have used a version that doesn't save cache or anything.

By the way fellow forum readers, Ahmed is our web genius, he'll be watching over the technical things from time to time. So please thank him for his hard work in the last few months in putting together this new forum!! 1118

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Cheers then Ahmed! Top fellow!

VanHooliganX
01-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Yea, I'm having trouble posting in Firefox. I've attached a screen shot of my browser and I have used a version that doesn't save cache or anything.

By the way fellow forum readers, Ahmed is our web genius, he'll be watching over the technical things from time to time. So please thank him for his hard work in the last few months in putting together this new forum!! 1118

Thank you Ahmed then.

Overall I like the improvements.

I'm going to miss the Black colour though :'(

jordan1995
01-04-2012, 12:43 PM
not complaining but can there be an option for a black background ?

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-04-2012, 01:25 PM

I'm not having any issues posting in FireFox (for that matter, this post is being added with FireFox). If there are still problems, can you send me a private message with details?

Likewise, I've tested the site speed in Chrome versus Safari and FireFox and the load speeds are comparable. Are the Chrome issues universal across the forums and blog, or are there just problems when you load specific pages?

When it comes to the site speeds, it's all across the board when it comes to Chrome. I even installed AdBlocker to see if anything changed due to the ads, and nothing, The site still lagged behind Safari and Firefox. Firefox is definitely the quickest one to load followed by Safari, IE9 and then Chrome. If I find anything else out, I'll PM you. I'm going to re-test the site with Firefox with cached data cleared.

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-04-2012, 01:27 PM

As with Frank, no change on my end either. Just tried again. And yes Ahmed, thanks a ton for the new site. It's clean and awesome. I've been following this site for forever now and am thankful the whole system got a facelift! :)

SLEEPY LOCO1
01-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Wow I can post from my Wii, but not my phone or my roommates laptop. I like the new look but may not be around for a while until all the bugs are fixed.

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Wow I can post from my Wii, but not my phone or my roommates laptop. I like the new look but may not be around for a while until all the bugs are fixed.

I'm posting on my laptop. Try getting another browser. We found out Firefox is not friendly to this site Google Chrome and Safari are the best options so far. :)

ahmed
01-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome back. I'm trying to duplicate issues and see what's going on. If folks can provide details and/or screenshots of the problems you're seeing, that will help a lot (or send me a PM if you have the time to help test as well).

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Couple of new ones:

What is the size limit on posting pictures in threads? It seems I'm getting 'exceeds size limit' a lot, never had it before!

When I try to insert images, via URL, into thread posts it posts them as thumnails!

This is all via iPhone!

EDIT: Sorry, sorted myself! :)

RomanFlare
01-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Latest version of Firefox does not work with the website, as previously stated. Is this being worked on? I refuse to download yet another web browser JUST for this site--I'm using Chrome from a desktop at my college.

Also, text is all italicized. This bugs me.

Sully
01-04-2012, 03:21 PM

Oh my, I didn't even realize that Ahmed posted here...this is like, the first time I've ever seen him. Well I'm glad to finally meet you Ahmed.

I just have one question though, Frank mentioned before that he was going to try to see if there'd be an option to switch back and fourth between layouts. Was that not possible, or could that still be coming in the future? Probably not huh...there's probably too many differences between the two servers, that two posters on two different layouts would find difficulties interacting with one another.

RomanFlare
01-04-2012, 03:24 PM

The reply box just does not appear at all--I can type in the title, though! I cleared the cache (I do that everytime my Firefox browser closes) and I even updated the browser--still doesn't work.

Edit: Quick Reply, Advanced Reply, and PMs are all impossible for me in the Fox of Fire.

Frank
01-04-2012, 03:26 PM
hey guys, here is the deal, if the problem is with limits and forum settings, I'll be the one fixing it, but if the problem is a bug. eg. textbox not working in firefox, IE, or pages not loading correctly, incompatibility, java script issues. Ahmed will be the one looking into those.

We are not going to be launching a secondary layout at the moment. We are looking into ONLY solving bugs and making the forum usable. We will start improvements later on this year, Ahmed and I are going to be doing a lot more maintenance on the board to make things look nice consistently.

Thank you for all your feedbacks so far. We're working on this, please just be patient, things should be resolved relatively soon.

RomanFlare
01-04-2012, 03:30 PM
hey guys, here is the deal, if the problem is with limits and forum settings, I'll be the one fixing it, but if the problem is a bug. eg. textbox not working in firefox, IE, or pages not loading correctly, incompatibility, java script issues. Ahmed will be the one looking into those.

We are not going to be launching a secondary layout at the moment. We are looking into ONLY solving bugs and making the forum usable. We will start improvements later on this year, Ahmed and I are going to be doing a lot more maintenance on the board to make things look nice consistently.

Thank you for all your feedbacks so far. We're working on this, please just be patient, things should be resolved relatively soon.

Thank you for the speedy responses and the new layout--it really does look nice.

I have one complaint--I can't see my own name next to my posts. It's just not there (but your's and Sullys are). Is that because I'm invisible?

Frank
01-04-2012, 03:34 PM
lol maybe... try it

thejman93
01-04-2012, 03:43 PM
The new layout is very sleek looking; I dig it.

I'm using Safari to post for now but I'd imagine I'll be able to go back to IE9 soon?

Sully
01-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Any chance we could at least rid of all the posts being italicized, or does that go with the layout?

I'm sure as time goes by, we're all get used to these new changes.

Sully
01-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I just looked at my recent posts, and I REALLY like it. I can actually see what my post said now...it seems like a lot of the pet peeves I had before were fixed up. The features are great, I just don't care for the design too much.

Frank
01-04-2012, 03:49 PM
yes, that's being fixed as well. Its a CSS issue. Don't worry, we're on it.

Top Priority:
1. Getting the text box to work across all platforms.
2. Changing CSS code to get rid of italicized blockquotes.
3. There maybe possible speed issues with Chrome... however, I'm not seeing it on my laptop, I'm using Chrome right now.

If you have more issues... real issues, add to this list, message limits, picture size, that will come after operational issues are fixed.

Sully
01-04-2012, 03:51 PM

Top Priority:
2. Changing CSS code to get rid of italicized blockquotes.
3. There maybe possible speed issues with Chrome... however, I'm not seeing it on my laptop, I'm using Chrome right now.

If you have more issues... real issues, add to this list, message limits, picture size, that will come after operational issues are fixed.

I too am using Chrome right now, and the server is going faster than it ever has. Maybe it depends on what computers they're using? With my Windows 7 Laptop, it seems to also work well on Chrome.

I'm glad to know that everything is being fixed and on the ball though.

ahmed
01-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Thank you for the speedy responses and the new layout--it really does look nice.

I have one complaint--I can't see my own name next to my posts. It's just not there (but your's and Sullys are). Is that because I'm invisible?

Yes, absolutely. I tested this earlier. Disable the invisible setting in your profile and your name will be displayed.

Sully
01-04-2012, 03:59 PM
One more question, the auto save feature, how does it work exactly? Before, if I happened to hit the backspace key in quick reply, I'd lose my message. But if that happened in the Go Advanced section, I could come back and still have my post just as I left it.

So now, if I mistakenly hit a key and leave the page while typing in the Quick Reply box, will I be able to recover my post from the last Auto Save, or will it still do the same? And if it does recover it, how do I retrieve it. Will it just be there for me, or is there some sort of button I have to press?

Lastly, does the same thing happen in the Go Advanced area? I mean, will I still be able to keep my post the way it is, no matter when I lose the page, or will it to only keep it as far as the Auto Save caught?

I know these sort of questions aren't really important right now, and that you're mostly looking for bugs, but I'm just a little curious about all these new features and how they work. :)

Frank
01-04-2012, 04:00 PM

Top Priority:
2. Changing CSS code to get rid of italicized blockquotes. (CHECK)

valuedafdf adf adf

Sully
01-04-2012, 04:24 PM
valuedafdf adf adf

Looks fixed...well, at least the posts being not italicized part. Not sure if you were testing something else....

But the main peeve was fixed, and wow do the forums look SO much better. Each time I discover a new feature, I start to like this new layout even more. I can actually rate threads too, before I when I tried submitting my vote, it didn't do anything. I'll have to wait and see if the friend request problem is fixed.

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Oh yes. Frank ahmed. About the PM system, (eww hate sounding like a broken record) is there an explanation on why users are limited about storing messages? Is it possible to just store it without being limited?

Frank
01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
I'll look into PM right now

ahmed
01-04-2012, 04:59 PM
There is a 200 message PM limit, if memory serves.

On the text editor issue, I have contacted the vendor to see if we can get some help that way. I have tested the text boxes in Chrome and Safari, and have found the error for the editor in FireFox.

Sorry for all of the inconvenience, but we're doing what we can to get the site usable again.

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Lol there it is! Thanks you guys! So far so good!

Tommy Thunder
01-04-2012, 05:05 PM
I came here to also mention the text boxes problem. It was working fine with Safari earlier in the day, but this evening, it didn't work at all for PM's, thread replies, visitors messages, nothing. The chatroom was the only thing that worked, but as I reloaded the page, it's back working now it seems :)

Thanks for the hard work guys, new site looks great, and I'm sure it'll be even better when all the problems are corrected!

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I came here to also mention the text boxes problem. It was working fine with Safari earlier in the day, but this evening, it didn't work at all for PM's, thread replies, visitors messages, nothing. The chatroom was the only thing that worked, but as I reloaded the page, it's back working now it seems :)

Thanks for the hard work guys, new site looks great, and I'm sure it'll be even better when all the problems are corrected!

Whoo hoo!! I haven't been able to post for two friggin' hours now! Yay! Glad everything is coming along! This new sit is looking sharp as hell guys!

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 05:14 PM

Same here! Thought I'd been banned for sending Bodom a friend request! :D

Think it was just Ahmed, testing Safari and Chrome! All good now!

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 05:16 PM
ahmed and Frank, thank you guys for the hard work you put in this site!

Steve Austin
01-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Same here! Thought I'd been banned for sending Bodom a friend request! :D

Think it was just Ahmed, testing Safari and Chrome! All good now!

Bodom doesn't except friend requests!

If he accepts yours I will be deeply hurt!

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Bodom doesn't except friend requests!

If he accepts yours I will be deeply hurt!

That's lies. Bodom has been my friend on here for a long time now. He even accepted me when I was a noob. That's right. Feel the pain.

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 05:25 PM
That's lies. Bodom has been my friend on here for a long time now. He even accepted me when I was a noob. That's right. Feel the pain.

Rejection is a cruel mistress!!

:D

Frank
01-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Just some updates about PM. I've increased the limit to 250, if you're having trouble with 250 PMs, don't save your outgoing folder messages, that makes duplicate copies and is unnecessary, so please just delete some messages that's already gone out, etc. It should be enough for anyone...

Admins will get 500 PM.

Alright, we're working on the text box issue still, should hopefully have it done soon.

Thanks, Frank

Steve Austin
01-04-2012, 05:26 PM

:( I thought me and the B-man were pals, we had that great convo when we stayed up all night talking :)

He said I was the one... :(

Wade Barrett 1979
01-04-2012, 05:27 PM
ahmed and Frank, thank you guys for the hard work you put in this site!

Absolutely!

I for one am extremely chuffed! It looks slick and fresh! It's bright and crisp! All now seems to be working, some good extra features and mainly, it works well on my phone!

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks Frank!

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Ahmed and Frank, thanks a ton guys! You've literally spent the whole day working on it and it shows! Thanks a ton guys!

ahmed
01-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Alright folks, it appears the text box issue is fixed. There are a couple remaining problems I'm trying to fix, but we should be over the largest hurdle.

Thanks for all your patience!

Shaz11
01-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Google Chrome for me then!

Luckily I installed Firefox and Google Chrome!

The Brown One
01-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Yay it works again. Thanks admins!

Frank
01-04-2012, 06:36 PM
As things are resolved. We will continue to keep this thread open and alive. If any issue should arise, please respond to this thread and we will try to address any new issue.

I will continue to work on matching the site's theme to the homepage and we should be on our way to get all this fixed up.

Thanks!

Y2Jryder
01-04-2012, 07:20 PM
I can't post with Firefox. But I can with Chrome. Should I just get used by using Chrome or will this be fixed?

Tommy Thunder
01-04-2012, 07:21 PM
I can't post with Firefox. But I can with Chrome. Should I just get used by using Chrome or will this be fixed?

They're working on getting it to work with all browsers. You should use Chrome or something else until it's fixed.

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 07:21 PM

They are gonna work on that. They said that in the past pages.

Y2Jryder
01-04-2012, 07:25 PM
They are gonna work on that. They said that in the past pages. Ok thanks for your answer. And sorry I didn't read all of the 10 pages.:D

Bodom
01-04-2012, 09:12 PM

You clearly don't pay attention to your friends list.

:D

Frank
01-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Firefox should work now. You have to clear your cache to load it.Let me know if this works.

Dr. Death
01-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Is there anyway for each user to change the forum site from the new version to the old version or vice cersa? Also, what is the customize profile tab on our profile page and how does it work?

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Firefox should work now. You have to clear your cache to load it.Let me know if this works.

Yeah I cleared the cache and it works now. Thanks for the heads up!

Dr. Death
01-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Is there anyway for each user to change the forum site from the new version to the old version or vice cersa? Also, what is the customize profile tab on our profile page and how does it work?

Can I get an answer please.

KJ PUNK
01-04-2012, 09:38 PM
I have a question about people who would name a thread with periods after their text (example: Interesting quote....) and then when you would click on the second page of the thread the page wouldn't load. You would have to go into the address and manually delete the periods from the address.

Any word on if this bug was fixed?

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 09:40 PM

It doesn't look like you can revert back.

Lol....I've done some tinkering there. It is basically what it is, a customization of your profile. Changing colors on your profile etc etc etc.

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 09:42 PM
I have a question about people who would name a thread with periods after their text (example: Interesting quote....) and then when you would click on the second page of the thread the page wouldn't load. You would have to go into the address and manually delete the periods from the address.

Any word on if this bug was fixed?

Is there a thread like that now? Has it happened?

Bodom
01-04-2012, 09:42 PM

It's already been stated by Frank, in this very thread, that it will not be an option

KJ PUNK
01-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Is there a thread like that now? Has it happened?

I haven't come across one yet, but it would happen a lot on the old site.

Dr. Death
01-04-2012, 09:46 PM

Lol....I've done some tinkering there. It is basically what it is, a customization of your profile. Changing colors on your profile etc etc etc.

Ok thanks (10 Character limit)

IrkenInvader
01-04-2012, 09:47 PM

How do I do that?

Dr. Death
01-04-2012, 09:47 PM
It's already been stated by Frank, in this very thread, that it will not be an option

Alright, I must have missed the post.

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 09:57 PM
How do I do that?

Go to your profile. On the top right of the message box of your wall, you will see "customize your profile". You can change the colors on on your profile.

Tommy Thunder
01-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Need some help with this profile customizing thingy.
I press the button at the top right, and it drops down, but I've only got buttons to 'save', 'default', and 'revert'. Nothing else like colors etc, or am I looking in the wrong place?

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 10:25 PM
You should be able to see some boxes there with coloring. It has to be under "customize".

Tommy Thunder
01-04-2012, 10:32 PM
You should be able to see some boxes there with coloring. It has to be under "customize".

Nope. The grey-ish box under "customize" is blank with me. I was thinking that the colors were meant to be there, but they aren't.

Steve Austin
01-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Nope. The grey-ish box under "customize" is blank with me. I was thinking that the colors were meant to be there, but they aren't.

I was about to say the same. It's the same on mine.

eyehatecena
01-04-2012, 10:34 PM

unfortanately on dialup the new setup is god awful slow- but at least now I can post again.

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 10:43 PM

I was about to say the same. It's the same on mine.

Weird...maybe another bug? Not sure. I was able to change mine.

Reichwulf
01-04-2012, 10:44 PM
woohoo i can finally post on firefox :D :D :p

SilverGhost
01-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Kashdinero is having a problem posting on his iPhone. He said it worked fine earlier but now it doesn't.

Tomsta666
01-04-2012, 11:38 PM
No problem posting with Firefox now. But where's the 'new posts' button gone?

I do like the new design, but no 'new posts' button is INSTAFAIL! :mad:

Poot-Hair
01-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Okay this message is being posted on IE9, so apparantly this bug has been fixed. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AHMED AND FRANK!! You guys rock!

Frank
01-05-2012, 12:02 AM
No, the old site is gone. We will work on a template that has a darker theme. That will roll out maybe in a few weeks as we get all the bugs fixed on the new upgrade.

Frank
01-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Weird...maybe another bug? Not sure. I was able to change mine.

I don't see this being a problem. I can change my profile colors via all platforms... if you can't see it make sure you're logged in and have cleared your cache.

If problem persists, please take a screenshot and upload it here.

Thanks,
Frank

Tomsta666
01-05-2012, 12:30 AM
I don't see this being a problem. I can change my profile colors via all platforms... if you can't see it make sure you're logged in and have cleared your cache.

Thanks,
Frank

Hey Frank,

You really need to bring back the 'view new posts' button. Seriously the site feels weird without it! If possible make it so we can see ALL the new posts too, not just the top 20. Other than that, stellar job on the new design :)

Frank
01-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Okay, let me work on that. I may have to put it on the very top bar

Kashdinero
01-05-2012, 12:35 AM
This... Is... A... Test :)

If this works, then I'm only having problems with the quick replies.

Frank
01-05-2012, 12:53 AM
kashdinero, try clearing your iphone cache.

Also, I added New Post menu on the top, you guys should be able to access all the features from here on out. Let me know if you need anything else.

Frank

Kashdinero
01-05-2012, 01:16 AM
kashdinero, try clearing your iphone cache.

Also, I added New Post menu on the top, you guys should be able to access all the features from here on out. Let me know if you need anything else.

Frank

It's seems to be working fine now, Franky... Thanks for that.

Can't wait to get home from work and check things out properly from the comfort of my own home.

strider91
01-05-2012, 01:38 AM
I cannot post with firefox and my cell (opera mini - basic java). Posting this with Chrome. Dunno about IE.

SilverGhost
01-05-2012, 01:44 AM
I cannot post with firefox and my cell (opera mini - basic java). Posting this with Chrome. Dunno about IE.

Clear the cache from Firefox an your cell.

Dr. Death
01-05-2012, 04:32 AM

Thanks,
Frank

I am unable to customize mine as well. Not sure how to take a screen shot, but when I click the customize tab it looks like this -

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userprofile/customize_icon.png Customize
RevertDefaultSaveExit

strider91
01-05-2012, 04:49 AM
Working with firefox. Not with my cell though. I cleared the cache, deleted and reinstalled Opera Mini, but its still not working.

SilverGhost
01-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Working with firefox. Not with my cell though. I cleared the cache, deleted and reinstalled Opera Mini, but its still not working.

The phone is a separate issue. ahmed and Frank will work on it soon.

Dr. Death
01-05-2012, 05:11 AM
I am unable to customize mine as well. Not sure how to take a screen shot, but when I click the customize tab it looks like this -

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userprofile/customize_icon.png Customize
RevertDefaultSaveExit

Could someone look at this please?

Sully
01-05-2012, 05:18 AM
With Death, I can't exactly "Customize" my profile either. It just gives me a blank white box, with the options "Revert, Default, Save, Exit" on it.

SilverGhost
01-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Could someone look at this please?

You are more or less in the same boat as Tommy with the same issue. Let them handle it when they are back.

strider91
01-05-2012, 08:50 AM
More bugs :

Regarding firefox, i cannot use the direction keys to navigate the text that i'm writing.
Plus as i said, i cannot write from my cell (Opera mini). Its displaying the text box as a png image.

Androo
01-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Can now post. Cheers LADS! WHATEVER. Not that I'm bothered or anything. I'm too cool for school. FACIAL. Would have been your loss. FACIAL. CHEK YO SELF. YOU CAN'T SEE ME.

:rolleyes:

Frank
01-05-2012, 12:09 PM
More bugs :

Regarding firefox, i cannot use the direction keys to navigate the text that i'm writing.
Plus as i said, i cannot write from my cell (Opera mini). Its displaying the text box as a png image.

I believe this maybe an issue that's local to your machine. I cannot reproduce this on my computer... Opera works just fine. I can't tell you about opera mini, however, they use the exact same algorithm and javascript as Opera... so if you can take a screen shot of your problem, it can help me further.

Thanks,
Frank

strider91
01-05-2012, 12:47 PM

This is what I'm getting in Opera Mini.
The direction keys are working fine now.

Tommy Thunder
01-05-2012, 12:55 PM
I can't make my screenshot of the customize profile problem big enough for Frank to actually see what the problem is! I've enlarged it in Paint to the absolute biggest it'll go, but it's strangely still too small.
Any tips on how to make it bigger? Or can anyone else who has the problem try doing it?

thejman93
01-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Fellas, I've been hearing the term "clear your cache" thrown around quite a bit since the changeover...

How do you do that on IE9 in particular?

Dr. Death
01-05-2012, 01:49 PM
RevertDefaultSaveExit

Dr. Death http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/statusicon/user-online.png
God

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=8167&dateline=1325724392&type=profile
(http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8167-Dr-Death)

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/site_icons/message.png Send Private Message (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/private.php?do=newpm&u=8167)
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/site_icons/forum.png Find latest posts (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/search.php?do=finduser&userid=8167&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1)
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/site_icons/forum.png Find latest started threads (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/search.php?do=finduser&userid=8167&starteronly=1&contenttype=vBForum_Thread)
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/site_icons/article.png View Articles (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/list.php?author/8167-Dr-Death)
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/site_icons/blog.png View Blog Entries (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/blog.php?u=8167)

Join Date07-02-2011Current ActivityViewing IndexWrestling News and Community - eWrestlingNews.com (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/forum.php)Last ActivityToday 12:48 PMBlog Entries7Avatarhttp://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=8167&dateline=1325176323&type=thumb

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/buttons/edit_40b.png (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/profile.php?do=buddylist)More (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8167-Dr-Death#friends-content)14 Friends

[*=center]http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=8639&dateline=1325612407&type=thumb (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8639-Wade-Barrett-1979)Wade Barrett 1979 (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8639-Wade-Barrett-1979)
[*=center]http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=9223&dateline=1321913204&type=thumb (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9223-Shining-Light)Shining Light (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9223-Shining-Light)
[*=center]http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=6472&dateline=1314128694&type=thumb (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?6472-WWTNA-Mark)WWTNA Mark (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?6472-WWTNA-Mark)
[*=center]http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=6113&dateline=1302550218&type=thumb (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?6113-Automatic)Automatic (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?6113-Automatic)
[*=center]http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=2129&dateline=1322414828&type=thumb (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?2129-K2Jelly)K2Jelly (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?2129-K2Jelly)
[*=center]http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/unknown.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9525-Destruction)Destruction (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9525-Destruction)

Add Album (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/album.php?do=addalbum)Albums

You have not created any albums

Join Groups (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/group.php)0 Groups

You are not a member of any groups

Join Groups (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/profile.php?do=editusergroups)0 Permission Groups

Recent Visitors

The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:

aem420 (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8735-aem420),
Arius (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9736-Arius),
Bodom (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?99-Bodom),
DUBS (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8788-DUBS),
giddy22897 (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8765-giddy22897),
Insider (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9877-Insider),
Krysys (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?6359-Krysys),
LM_StraightEdge (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9320-LM_StraightEdge),
The Hit Man (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?7794-The-Hit-Man),
Tommy Thunder (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?58-Tommy-Thunder)
This page has had 1,313 visits

About Me (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8167-Dr-Death&tab=aboutme#aboutme)Friends (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8167-Dr-Death&tab=friends#friends-content)Blog (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8167-Dr-Death&tab=blog#blog)
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userprofile/paintbucket_icon.png Customize My Profile

View your "About Me" as seen by everyone else (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8167-Dr-Death&tab=aboutme&simple=1)Basic Information

About Dr. Death

About Me:http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userfield_edit.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/#)N/ALocationhttp://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userfield_edit.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/#)Hell - EverywhereFavorite Showshttp://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userfield_edit.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/#)N/AInterestshttp://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userfield_edit.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/#)DeathOccupationhttp://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userfield_edit.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/#)LifeFavorite Wrestler(s)http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userfield_edit.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/#)N/A

Signature

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRL1agUP2dCMN1IN_0u7V628AIitFAvp 3qzu9Z9gy7aMtkuQZf7

Still having problems with the customization thing Frank, I've cleared my cache and it still won't work.

strider91
01-05-2012, 02:02 PM

This is what I'm getting in Opera Mini.
The direction keys are working fine now.

I'm guessing only the background image is coming and not the text box.

Dr. Death
01-05-2012, 02:08 PM
RevertDefaultSaveExit

Dr. Death http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/statusicon/user-online.png
God

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=8167&dateline=1325724392&type=profile
(http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8167-Dr-Death)

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/site_icons/message.png Send Private Message (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/private.php?do=newpm&u=8167)
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/site_icons/forum.png Find latest posts (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/search.php?do=finduser&userid=8167&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1)
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/site_icons/forum.png Find latest started threads (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/search.php?do=finduser&userid=8167&starteronly=1&contenttype=vBForum_Thread)
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/site_icons/article.png View Articles (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/list.php?author/8167-Dr-Death)
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/site_icons/blog.png View Blog Entries (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/blog.php?u=8167)
Join Date07-02-2011Current ActivityViewing IndexWrestling News and Community - eWrestlingNews.com (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/forum.php)Last ActivityToday 12:48 PMBlog Entries7Avatarhttp://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=8167&dateline=1325176323&type=thumb

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/buttons/edit_40b.png (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/profile.php?do=buddylist)More (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8167-Dr-Death#friends-content)14 Friends

[*=center]http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=8639&dateline=1325612407&type=thumb (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8639-Wade-Barrett-1979)Wade Barrett 1979 (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8639-Wade-Barrett-1979)
[*=center]http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=9223&dateline=1321913204&type=thumb (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9223-Shining-Light)Shining Light (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9223-Shining-Light)
[*=center]http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=6472&dateline=1314128694&type=thumb (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?6472-WWTNA-Mark)WWTNA Mark (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?6472-WWTNA-Mark)
[*=center]http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=6113&dateline=1302550218&type=thumb (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?6113-Automatic)Automatic (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?6113-Automatic)
[*=center]http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?u=2129&dateline=1322414828&type=thumb (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?2129-K2Jelly)K2Jelly (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?2129-K2Jelly)
[*=center]http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/unknown.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9525-Destruction)Destruction (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9525-Destruction)

Add Album (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/album.php?do=addalbum)Albums

You have not created any albums

Join Groups (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/group.php)0 Groups

Join Groups (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/profile.php?do=editusergroups)0 Permission Groups

Recent Visitors

The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:

aem420 (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8735-aem420),
Arius (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9736-Arius),
Bodom (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?99-Bodom),
DUBS (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8788-DUBS),
giddy22897 (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8765-giddy22897),
Insider (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9877-Insider),
Krysys (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?6359-Krysys),
LM_StraightEdge (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?9320-LM_StraightEdge),
The Hit Man (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?7794-The-Hit-Man),
Tommy Thunder (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?58-Tommy-Thunder)
This page has had 1,313 visits

About Me (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8167-Dr-Death&tab=aboutme#aboutme)Friends (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8167-Dr-Death&tab=friends#friends-content)Blog (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8167-Dr-Death&tab=blog#blog)
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userprofile/paintbucket_icon.png Customize My Profile

View your "About Me" as seen by everyone else (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?8167-Dr-Death&tab=aboutme&simple=1)Basic Information

About Dr. Death

About Me:http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userfield_edit.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/#)N/ALocationhttp://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userfield_edit.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/#)Hell - EverywhereFavorite Showshttp://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userfield_edit.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/#)N/AInterestshttp://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userfield_edit.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/#)DeathOccupationhttp://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userfield_edit.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/#)LifeFavorite Wrestler(s)http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/misc/userfield_edit.gif (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/#)N/A

Signature

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRL1agUP2dCMN1IN_0u7V628AIitFAvp 3qzu9Z9gy7aMtkuQZf7

Still having problems with the customization thing Frank, I've cleared my cache and it still won't work.

Can Frank take a look here?

strider91
01-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Hey Frank, got it running on Opera. Thanks!

Krysys
01-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Ok, testing testing.

Wade Barrett 1979
01-05-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm having the same issue with customization, as the good Dr. And Tommy! I've tried Firefox, IE8, Chrome and Safari with no joy!

Sully
01-05-2012, 03:19 PM
I can't make my screenshot of the customize profile problem big enough for Frank to actually see what the problem is! I've enlarged it in Paint to the absolute biggest it'll go, but it's strangely still too small.
Any tips on how to make it bigger? Or can anyone else who has the problem try doing it?

Those pictures are large enough, for me to see at least. And yes, I'm having exactly the same problem. I'm not even sure what types of customizable options I should have there...

Tommy Thunder
01-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Those pictures are large enough, for me to see at least. And yes, I'm having exactly the same problem. I'm not even sure what types of customizable options I should have there...

They are? Fair enough.

There should various be colors in that box, or so I'm told.

Vegas
01-05-2012, 03:32 PM
I hope that with the recent problems on mobile devices, a mobile site or app may come out soon. I use my phone to get on 90% of the time and with problems typing for many mobile users I hope Frank and Ahmed look into making this place mobile friendly.

Krysys
01-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Ok, so like many of the others I am here to report the issues I have been having.

First off the issues are for mobile, I use my phone 90% of the time I post here as I have an ancient laptop (TT You already know how old my laptop is xD) with a P.O.S Internet Connection, so posting from my phone is easier for me as well as my brother Vegas. However since the update I found myself unable to post, normally the post box is gray and I cannot do anything. I have cleared the cache and still have the same issue. This has happened of several browsers (Mozilla, Dolphin, Opera Mini and Opera Mobile) I was however able to post from Opera Mobile for a short time before the issue started again. I know it may not be a big deal since its only for mobile users, but I do hope something happens soon to resolve this as I love this site and the people on it. Thanks and hope to be back posting on a regular basis soon.

Oh I am not sure if this helps but the type of phone I use is a Huawei Ascend

SilverGhost
01-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Fellas, I've been hearing the term "clear your cache" thrown around quite a bit since the changeover...

How do you do that on IE9 in particular?

Eww IE....that should be around your tools options.

SilverGhost
01-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Alright so Tommy, Wade, and Death have the same problem(and you don't need to repeat yourself. You know who you are.) That will be noted.

Wade Barrett 1979
01-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Alright so Tommy, Wade, and Death have the same problem(and you don't need to repeat yourself. You know who you are.) That will be noted.

Thank you kindly!

Frank
01-05-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm guessing only the background image is coming and not the text box.

Strider, are you SURE you cleared your cache. I cannot replicated this on my own computer... I know you've uninstalled your program and reinstalled it, but CLEARING your cache will delete the system stored files for the javascript... Please see if you can find a way to do that specifically.

Y2Jryder
01-05-2012, 06:42 PM
So far so good. Every option I used so far did well with Firefox. Keep up the good work:)

Sully
01-05-2012, 07:14 PM
I tried clearing the cache, still experiencing the same problem with the profile customizations.

eyehatecena
01-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Still sucks on dialup- much much slower than it was before- which I am probally the only one using.

I will try to download another browser when I can get to a wifi spot to see if it gets any better

SilverGhost
01-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Kashdinero is still experiencing problems posting on his iPhone. He says its an effort to post.

"I have to catch the page before it loads completely or I can't post."- Kashdinero

Bodom
01-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Having a difficult time posting from my Android phone. The text box's are grayed out. Took screen captures.

Sorry in advance for them being small as shit.

SilverGhost
01-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Is the problem more or less like Kash's? Where you have to catch the textbox before it loads completely?

Bodom
01-05-2012, 11:13 PM
It doesn't present me with an opportunity to "catch it"

Frank
01-06-2012, 12:09 AM
I tried clearing the cache, still experiencing the same problem with the profile customizations.

Sully, profile customization is extremely optional and isn't hindering the functionality of the site. I'm not going to spend too much time on it. I will see if I can fix it, if its going to cost me too much money, I'm going to let it be.

Apologies in advance.

Frank
01-06-2012, 12:10 AM
what broswer is that?

Bodom
01-06-2012, 12:14 AM
It's whatever the stock browser is for a Samsung Android phone.

Krysys
01-06-2012, 12:41 AM
what broswer is that?It's every browser for my phone.

strider91
01-06-2012, 04:30 AM
It's every browser for my phone.

Tried Opera Mini? It started working yesterday.

CGBigMan
01-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Yesterday I was having the same problem as Bodom with my original iPad now I've switched to the ipad2 and it's fine

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Something tiny I noticed that isn't available anymore. When we went into the "New Posts" section in the past, you could click on "replies" and be able to see who posted on that thread and how many times they did it. I understand it's a small feature that probably won't be coming back but it was a rather enjoyable small part of this site. If you can bring it back, I for one would love it. If not, simply no worries. It won't affect me coming to the site in the least. :)

Dr. Death
01-06-2012, 09:03 AM
What's with the attached thumbnails every time someone posts an image or video?

Rated_R(ob)KO
01-06-2012, 09:05 AM

That's just how it loads now. If you click on the picture itself before you post it, it gives you a size option. It still posts it as an attachment but, you'll have a bigger pic.

Sully
01-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Something tiny I noticed that isn't available anymore. When we went into the "New Posts" section in the past, you could click on "replies" and be able to see who posted on that thread and how many times they did it. I understand it's a small feature that probably won't be coming back but it was a rather enjoyable small part of this site. If you can bring it back, I for one would love it. If not, simply no worries. It won't affect me coming to the site in the least. :)

You can still see the amount of replies someone has had in a thread, you just have to click on the replies from the section the thread is in. A little more difficult, but you still have the feature none the less.

Bodom
01-06-2012, 09:24 AM

It's still there and you can still do it from "New Posts". Click on the number of replies rather than "replies".

Wade Barrett 1979
01-06-2012, 09:42 AM

Strange?! I'm not getting that, I can post without the thumbnail apperaing also!

Androo
01-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Kashdinero is still experiencing problems posting on his iPhone. He says its an effort to post.

"I have to catch the page before it loads completely or I can't post."- Kashdinero

Having a difficult time posting from my Android phone. The text box's are grayed out. Took screen captures.

Sorry in advance for them being small as shit.

I have the same problem on my iPod Touch, when, in the small instances, I am using it.

Also, I was just wondering, (I'm not very World Wide Webz savvy for seeing things directly in front of my face), what actually has been done to the Forum, in terms of new additions/alterations, that will improve it, that I may not have noticed? I'm not being a dick, or underhanded, I just genuinely haven't discovered it yet, or like licking frogs for a living. Or both....

Sully
01-07-2012, 04:50 AM
I noticed that after you fixed the italicized posts, that now posts can no longer be italicized. Did you just kill off the feature? I mean if that was the only way to fix the problem, I can live with it, but I still like to use italics in my posts every now and then.

Dr. Death
01-07-2012, 09:25 AM
I just noticed that in the last few days as I was tinkering around in my customize profile tab and other stuff, I lost a few of my friends that I had. I don't know how this happened, if it was something I mistakenly done or what, but I am sending out new friendship requests. I hope it has nothing to do with the transition of the new site and it was purely a mistake, but I'd thought it should be brought up just in case.

Sully
01-07-2012, 10:10 AM
I just noticed that in the last few days as I was tinkering around in my customize profile tab and other stuff, I lost a few of my friends that I had. I don't know how this happened, if it was something I mistakenly done or what, but I am sending out new friendship requests. I hope it has nothing to do with the transition of the new site and it was purely a mistake, but I'd thought it should be brought up just in case.

Maybe the just don't like you anymore. :)

Also, if someone who isn't my friend can send me a request, I'd like to see if that little bug is fixed.

Edit: TDA just sent me a friend request and it did work. Glad that's finally settled, seems like all of those bugs we had before are nearly all gone. Now we just have to sort out the new bugs from the server change.

Dr. Death
01-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Maybe the just don't like you anymore. :)

Also, if someone who isn't my friend can send me a request, I'd like to see if that little bug is fixed.

Edit: TDA just sent me a friend request and it did work. Glad that's finally settled, seems like all of those bugs we had before are nearly all gone. Now we just have to sort out the new bugs from the server change.

That is possible, I have been a jerk as of late - nothing pertaining to the site, just personal issues that I should have just kept off of the site. If it is true that they just didn't want to be friends with me, I understand and won't hold grudges, I was just making sure I didn't make a mistake when I was goofing around in my profile is all, and if I did make a mistake then I just wanted them to know that it wasn't on purpose.

Frank
01-07-2012, 05:47 PM
I noticed that after you fixed the italicized posts, that now posts can no longer be italicized. Did you just kill off the feature? I mean if that was the only way to fix the problem, I can live with it, but I still like to use italics in my posts every now and then.

I noticed this as well. I'm going to try to fix this, I think BB code isn't working for some reason, I'll ask Ahmed to look into this for me.

Steve Austin
01-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Not an issue but I'm sure one of you guys will know.

I seem to have hidden the top 10 boards, how do I get them back?

Broc
01-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Not an issue but I'm sure one of you guys will know.

I seem to have hidden the top 10 boards, how do I get them back?

It was in the Quick Links, sadly, I have no idea where that is on the new forum :(

#You'reScrewed

Steve Austin
01-07-2012, 08:31 PM
It was in the Quick Links, sadly, I have no idea where that is on the new forum :(

#You'reScrewed

Haha cheers Broc!

#NeverShouldOfAcceptedThatFriendRequest ;)

Broc
01-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Something annoying me lately, the multi quotes via PM, when you're PMing someone a lot, it can get to be annoying when it shows 15 different quotes at once. I could live with it, but it'd be great not to have at some point

Sully
01-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Yes, I'm unsure on where to find a full list of members.

Edit: Using some easy googling skills, I found it. But I'm still not sure on how to find it using the forum...

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/memberlist.php?order=desc&sort=posts&pp=30

Krysys
01-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Well, I finally figured out away (really annoying, but it works) to post from my phone, yet I am still unable to reply to messages.

Bodom
01-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Might want to give this look.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?30-Pay-Per-View

IrkenInvader
01-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Might want to give this look.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?30-Pay-Per-View

I didn't know we had that section.

Bodom
01-08-2012, 11:09 PM
I didn't know we had that section.

Apparently they didn't either.

Bodom
01-08-2012, 11:30 PM
This too.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?26-NXT

Sully
01-08-2012, 11:51 PM
This too.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?26-NXT

It actually took me a second to realize what was wrong with it, lol.

Meh, I say they leave it. That way anyone who misses the old layout can go there and cry for it.

ahmed
01-09-2012, 04:32 AM
Those are very interesting finds... I'm curious to see why they look like that.

Update: Both of those pages should be fixed. Thank you very much for pointing them out, and if you come across any similar pages, please post them (even though I know some of you are very fond of the old theme).

ahmed
01-09-2012, 06:09 AM
This is a test, ignore me.

Bold
Italic
Bold and Italic

Bold
Italic

Frank
01-09-2012, 12:33 PM
bold testing

Frank
01-09-2012, 12:34 PM
This is a test, ignore me.

Bold
Italic
Bold and Italic

Bold
Italic

Hmm, I guess it maybe just the blogs that's not working with Bold

Tommy Thunder
01-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Any update on why the 'customize profile' isn't working for some?

Bodom
01-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Another section has the old format

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?24-WWE-**Spoiler**

Steve Austin
01-10-2012, 02:09 PM
The time changed to American Eastern time earlier but it seems to have gone back now.

Sully
01-10-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure how to explain this one, but is there anyway to turn off the formatting while typing a post? I mean, I prefer it to show the codes, rather then just have it in the text box. It's easier when I have to paste certain stuff in...

I remember there was a button I could click to turn it off last time, but I don't see it. Now all I see if the "Switch Editor to Source Mode", but when I click that, the whole box turns gray and unclickable (like what I'm still experiencing while posting mobile).

So is there anyway to still show the BBCodes while still posting, instead of automatically formatting it before I make my post?

The Prophecy
01-11-2012, 07:59 AM
I can't post in the movies and music section. The text box appears grey and it won't allow me to type.

Sully
01-11-2012, 09:52 AM
I can't post in the movies and music section. The text box appears grey and it won't allow me to type.

I'm getting the same issue. Hang on, I'll screen shot it. It's giving me a grey box, with the an attachments button, an image button, and the undo/redo buttons which are currently unclickable.

Sully
01-11-2012, 09:53 AM
The image is really small, because when I tried copying the image URL it said it was too large.

Also, when I go into quick reply, it only shows the image box, not the other things.

The Prophecy
01-11-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm getting the same issue. Hang on, I'll screen shot it. It's giving me a grey box, with the an attachments button, an image button, and the undo/redo buttons which are currently unclickable.

This is what I see, except I only see the attachment symbol.

Asherdelampyr
01-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Well, haters gonna hate, slaters gonna slate!

Bakers gonna bake

Asherdelampyr
01-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Late to the party but I have been doing some testing here at work out of boredom

I have successfully posted using Opera, Droid, Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari, and have not noticed any latency with any of them. all of my browsers are fully updated, and I cleared my cache and cookies before each test.

Steve Austin
01-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Bakers gonna bake

Rakers gonna rake

Frank
01-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Okay, I'll forward these issues to Ahmed and have him check it out.

Thanks

eyehatecena
01-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Seeing that I am probally the only one here that is on dialup, the new forum setup really gave me fits trying to post at times. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not. Plus it was realllly slow no matter what I tried- using IE.
Anyways I went to a cafe to download Safari and GoogleChrome- no issues at all with them. Everything is running smoothly, so far

Asherdelampyr
01-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Seeing that I am probally the only one here that is on dialup, the new forum setup really gave me fits trying to post at times. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not. Plus it was realllly slow no matter what I tried- using IE.
Anyways I went to a cafe to download Safari and GoogleChrome- no issues at all with them. Everything is running smoothly, so far

I gotta know, where do you live that you have to suffer on dial-up?

Androo
01-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Yo, why did the time settings change?

Steve Austin
01-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Yo, why did the time settings change?

^^^This^^

It's gone all American Eastern time! Mine has gone back now but it changes again when I log out.

Androo
01-11-2012, 06:49 PM
I just went into my General Settings and had to save my settings again, just wondered why it did it in the first place?

And, yeah, it changes back to US Eastern time when I log out, and browse the site not logged in.

Automatic
01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Can you guys make the arrows in the boxes besides the thread make it green again, or an other colour. Anything other the the same grey would be much appreciated:).

eyehatecena
01-11-2012, 09:30 PM
I gotta know, where do you live that you have to suffer on dial-up?

I live in the sticks- in Mississippi. The nearest broadband is about 10 miles down the road- it will get here one day- I hope, lol

Tommy Thunder
01-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Customize profile option still not working for the majority of people here.

Tommy Thunder
01-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Here's a screenshot of the problem again.

SilverGhost
01-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Where is the Quick Links?

Sully
01-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Where is the Quick Links?

*Where ARE the quick links?

And I'm pretty sure what you're talking about is here. Is it the globe looking things next to the picture and smiley face buttons?

If it's not here, do you remember exactly what the BBCode was? Because then, worst case, you could just put it in yourself.

Frank
01-14-2012, 11:22 AM
I killed the quicklinks, because its a submenu and visually unappealing. All quicklinks can be accessed via different parts of the forum, if there is something you can't find. let me know, i'll add it.

Tommy Thunder
01-14-2012, 12:43 PM
There is STILL a problem with the 'customize profile' option. This is the 3rd time I've reported this problem and nothing's been done about it, while other problems reported after have been dealt with.

Sully
01-14-2012, 01:47 PM
I killed the quicklinks, because its a submenu and visually unappealing. All quicklinks can be accessed via different parts of the forum, if there is something you can't find. let me know, i'll add it.

I'll tell 'ya Frank, one thing I really love about the new server, is how up top...you can now click on the link to go to the section that the thread you're viewing is in. That's bugged me ever since I joined here, and finally we can do that. Awesome.

HolyJose2391
01-17-2012, 10:26 AM
One thing I encountered is that I can't post in the music section I get a grey box and it's only there that I can't post any idea howit can be fixed?

Tomsta666
01-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Since most of the threads in the tea spot are about video games, how about a video game section? ;)

thejman93
01-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Frank, I still can't post in Internet Explorer 9.

I've tried clearing my cache like you said but it's still just a grey box when I try to post.

Frank
01-17-2012, 04:47 PM
There is STILL a problem with the 'customize profile' option. This is the 3rd time I've reported this problem and nothing's been done about it, while other problems reported after have been dealt with.

Tommy Thunder, we're not going to address that issue at the moment. It will be fixed through the updates.

IrkenInvader
01-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Some users cannot post in the Movies and Music section. It doesn't seem to be effected by the browser they use either.

Bodom
01-22-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm experiencing the same problem too when I use Chrome. However, this problem goes away when I use Internet Explorer.

Tommy Thunder
01-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Problem also still persists with the "customize profile" option.

Sully
01-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Problem also still persists with the "customize profile" option.

Frank already addressed this not even a week ago.

Tommy Thunder, we're not going to address that issue at the moment. It will be fixed through the updates.

Steve Austin
01-22-2012, 06:46 PM
I still can't view the top 10 bit at the bottom, I clicked something and it disappeard, now I don't know how to get it back :(

Tommy Thunder
01-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Frank already addressed this not even a week ago.

Missed that, so thanks.

Cheers Frank. Sorry to bother you.

Steve Austin
01-22-2012, 10:29 PM
I still can't view the top 10 bit at the bottom, I clicked something and it disappeard, now I don't know how to get it back :(

This. And yes I did just quote myself.

Sully
01-23-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm experiencing the same problem too when I use Chrome. However, this problem goes away when I use Internet Explorer.

I experienced the same results using Firefox, but with Chrome I still can't post.

SLEEPY LOCO1
01-23-2012, 02:04 PM

I just did this same thing. If anybody knows how to fix it please let me know.

Steve Austin
01-23-2012, 02:17 PM
I just did this same thing. If anybody knows how to fix it please let me know.

Ah another victim :(

I feel your pain bro.

K2Jelly
01-23-2012, 03:11 PM
The same thing happened to me to except it happened MONTHS ago.

SLEEPY LOCO1
01-23-2012, 03:37 PM
The same thing happened to me to except it happened MONTHS ago.

Does this mean we will never be able to fix this?

K2Jelly
01-23-2012, 03:50 PM

It looks that way to me.

Steve Austin
01-23-2012, 03:51 PM

It looks that way to me.

This makes me sad :(

K2Jelly
01-23-2012, 03:51 PM
This makes me sad :(

Sadder than a panda.

Steve Austin
01-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Sadder than a panda.

Possibly chief, I am very sad :(

K2Jelly
01-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Possibly chief, I am very sad :(

I hope Frank addresses this issue soon.

Steve Austin
01-23-2012, 04:05 PM
I hope Frank addresses this issue soon.

Hopefully, don't think it's a problem, it's probably just hidden and we can't find it :p

K2Jelly
01-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Hopefully, don't think it's a problem, it's probably just hidden and we can't find it :p

If it's a lot of people who can't find it, I find that an issue.

Steve Austin
01-23-2012, 04:10 PM
If it's a lot of people who can't find it, I find that an issue.

#FairPlayChief