PDA

View Full Version : Kaval's TNA shot Help or Hurt?

jwt15
08-18-2010, 12:39 AM
On NXT last night Kaval did a little rap and at the end said "Call me a rookie and I'll show you what I'm packin but I'm the only reason for some Total Nonstop Action." Do you think that this will help or hurt Kavals WWE Status and do you think that WWE should even be mentioning TNA on any of their shows.

SilverGhost
08-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Oh wow....I never knew that Kaval would rap on NXT. I haven't seen it. But I doubt it unless WWE gets all buttsore about it.

ajcsuperstar23
08-18-2010, 04:25 AM
While I am a fan of Kaval, I have serious complaints I would like to take up with him to his face.
This 'rap' was amusing, better at points than others, but definitely a mistake!

The WWE Machine (Vinny Mac) has been known to fire guys for BS/ Political reason in the past (even as recently as Daniel Bryan)
But since the inception of NXT, Vince has been making attempts to reconcile his ways of putting over 'Big-Guys' & burying 'Little-Guys"

[ALTHOUGH, Both Daniel Bryan & Kaval, both highly gifted in-ring performers, (who could use some mic improvement) have been burdened with the worst records of their respective seasons.]

With that said I think VKM has given Kaval an opportunity and this rap/ promo/ shoot was in-essence biting the hand that feeds you, possible career suicide, and spitting in an already infamously proud man's face.

WHY?!?! Is it sooo wrong to do what he did? Listen to Cole/ Matthews initial reaction as well as Strikers'
SHOCK, and confusion. To a duel-fan like me who has followed Low-Ki, OOPS I mean, Senshi, there I go again, Since TNA hearing that was enjoyable BUT VERY SHOCKING and OFFPUTTING, I was totally not expecting that on live WWE broadcasting. It was bad becuz it has the potential to make other fans who are unaware of TNA's product to find out more and not good for business.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel Kaval's intentions were the exact reciprocal of a shot towards VINCE (while I still feel it is becuz of the business stand point and VKM's infamous temper) It seems Kaval's intended victims were his FORMER employers Total Nonstop Action. In a sense the rap was Kaval's way of showing personality and charisma (things according to WWE MANAGMENT, by-way-of Michael Cole, that Kaval does not possess) As well as prove to WWE/ Vince where HIS alliances stand as far as "sucking-up" or endearing himself to VKM.

I hope he does not suffer for his miscalculation of dialog. BTW
Husky is Better than McGillicuty, JUST SAYING!!!!!!!!

daniel bryan mark
08-18-2010, 05:07 AM
I don't know if it helped or hurt him, but I thought it was funny. I was initially shocked, to say the least.

Tommy Thunder
08-18-2010, 06:20 AM
Well, it seems to me that if Kaval did mention TNA, then it was only because it was part of his script! And I doubt any writer would have written this unless Vince had approved of it!! Anyway, it sounds to me like WWE taking a shot at TNA!!

hystrix
08-18-2010, 06:30 AM
Well, it seems to me that if Kaval did mention TNA, then it was only because it was part of his script! And I doubt any writer would have written this unless Vince had approved of it!! Anyway, it sounds to me like WWE taking a shot at TNA!!

No, It was a shoot. No WWE writer told him to mention TNA...Kaval did that on his own. I hope it dosn't hurt him, or any other independent wrestler (Brian Danielson, Tyler Black...)

Tommy Thunder
08-18-2010, 06:41 AM
No, It was a shoot. No WWE writer told him to mention TNA...Kaval did that on his own. I hope it dosn't hurt him, or any other independent wrestler (Brian Danielson, Tyler Black...)

And you know this how?

hystrix
08-18-2010, 07:37 AM
And you know this how?

No, you're right. The WWE just changed it's policy on mentioning competition --- overnight.

Come on! It was live. Kaval went off script... listen to the announcers. Even Josh Matthews called it "stupid". Look at ther expression on Matt Strikers face. No one knew he was gonna say that...

nrb6304
08-18-2010, 09:23 AM
And you know this how?

Easy, you can always tell when something is supposed to happen, the announcers. If it was a work, Josh Mathews wouldn't have OPENLY acknowledged that Kaval said something he shouldn't have "Why would you say something like that?!" Or something along those lines where Mathews words. And so now I know somebody is gonna ask "So what? It's not like he said TNA, a 10 year old kid won't know what Total Nonstop Action is." Well simple, kid hears this, asks daddy why Kaval shouldn't have said that, maybe dad doesn't know, dad looks it up on google, and sees that Total Nonstop Action is another wrestling company on Spike TV. BAM! TNA just gained exposure and two more possible fans. Kaval...you eff'ed up

moppy
08-18-2010, 10:01 AM
I thought it was great. If you listened to Fortune's (ugh) promo 2 weeks ago, Kazarin stated "We're not some angry rookies" which is mentioning the Nexus. I don't think he got in trouble for that.

Kaval stated that there is no reason to watch TNA because he's the superstar you want to see. I'm fine with it and if the WWE want to have a hissyfit over it, so be it. Kaval did nothing wrong.

moppy
08-18-2010, 10:03 AM
And futhermore, didn't Joey Styles mention the Whole F'n Show this week? He said "Who books that crap?"

YoungQ
08-18-2010, 10:07 AM
I don't think it really hurt anyone, I know it helped Tna because he got there name out even if it was a shot or not.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-18-2010, 10:59 AM
i liked him saying that good dig at tna vince might not care since he doesnt see tna as much comeptiton anyway but then again its vince might have had a bad day and he might be pissed at it i liked strikers reaction to it though haha but josh matthews thinking it was stupid might have cost kaval his chance

hystrix
08-18-2010, 11:10 AM
And futhermore, didn't Joey Styles mention the Whole F'n Show this week? He said "Who books that crap?"

What WWE employees say on National TV, and what they comment about on the internet are two different things.

hystrix
08-18-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't think it really hurt anyone, I know it helped Tna because he got there name out even if it was a shot or not.

That's what the problem is. The WWE (read: Vince) dosn't like promoting competition, even if thier competition sucks.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Honestly, I enjoyed his rap. I thought it was cool that he made reference to TNA, or 'took a shot at' is a better way to say it, and thought it showed a bit of his personality. I doubt WWE will punish him for what he did. In fact, I doubt they even care lol. They didn't care about TNA before now, why would they now?

RKOViper
08-18-2010, 01:16 PM
I just read this and it seems like a logical explanation why Kaval referenced TNA:

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/caldwellstake/article_43201.shtml

NWO_Loki
08-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Yea, i dont think WWE is seeing TNA as any kind of threat and could care less. If they did im sure there would have been more of a commotion on the whole ECW reunion thing.

SilverGhost
08-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Yea, i dont think WWE is seeing TNA as any kind of threat and could care less. If they did im sure there would have been more of a commotion on the whole ECW reunion thing.

Actually there was something going on with ECW on TNA and WWE was going to take TNA to court for even mentioning ECW. ECWs name belongs to WWE.

SgtGohan
08-18-2010, 05:16 PM
it would have probably been better if he didnt do that. but i dont think its gonna have any serious repercussions.

RKOViper
08-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Getting mentioned on WWE TV is the highlight for TNA.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-19-2010, 08:24 PM
I think Kaval would have had the OK from WWE management before he did this, why? because if they where so against him doing it then he would have been released almost instantly, definitely taken off TV as soon as possible, when Matt Striker said after the promos "There will be an Elimination NEXT!" I thought to myself that Kaval would be a goner, I could almost see Vince in the Gorilla position with a big You're Fired expression, but he survived the first eviction, but he wouldn't survive the second would he? No Way, once what he had said has actually been swallowed up by the WWE management he would be a goner at the end of the night, but no, come the end of the Night, he had survived two eliminations plus won a match, he also became the centrefold of a shoot styled promo from Cole and Matthews on who should go next, with all this and him surviving, I can only assume that it was scripted or at least given the OK to do, maybe Cole/Matthews weren't aware of this, both of those guys reactions as well as Strikers and Kofi Kingston's on the stage helped get the magnitude of what he said across

eyehatecena
08-19-2010, 09:45 PM
I think it was just a shot at TNA(that was scripted)- doubt Vince let the announcers in on it though.

hystrix
08-20-2010, 07:57 AM
I think Kaval would have had the OK from WWE management before he did this, why? because if they where so against him doing it then he would have been released almost instantly, definitely taken off TV as soon as possible, when Matt Striker said after the promos "There will be an Elimination NEXT!" I thought to myself that Kaval would be a goner, I could almost see Vince in the Gorilla position with a big You're Fired expression, but he survived the first eviction, but he wouldn't survive the second would he? No Way, once what he had said has actually been swallowed up by the WWE management he would be a goner at the end of the night, but no, come the end of the Night, he had survived two eliminations plus won a match, he also became the centrefold of a shoot styled promo from Cole and Matthews on who should go next, with all this and him surviving, I can only assume that it was scripted or at least given the OK to do, maybe Cole/Matthews weren't aware of this, both of those guys reactions as well as Strikers and Kofi Kingston's on the stage helped get the magnitude of what he said across

Wrong. it was a live NXT show. They would have had to scramble to change what they had already planned for the night. We will find out next week if there are reprocussions or not (I hope not)...

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Wrong. it was a live NXT show. They would have had to scramble to change what they had already planned for the night. We will find out next week if there are reprocussions or not (I hope not)...

How will we find out next week? I've been pretty certain from the off that the final two would be Hennig and Riley, those two will probably make it, that doesn't mean Kaval has been punished, also, although it might have been too much of a scramble to eliminate him at the start of the night, it wouldn't have been much of a change to call Harris beating him in the match then have Harris survive come the end of the night, infact that would have been pretty easy to do

eyehatecena
08-20-2010, 09:30 PM
As with all things live nowadays- there is usually a few seconds delay- meaning they would have muted out what he said- which is why i still think it was scripted. Besdies if you read a spoiler for next weeks NXT..............
Vince is not stupid, he knows what he is doing- of course sometimes what he does is stupid.

eyehatecena
08-20-2010, 09:32 PM
With all things live- there are a few seconds tapedelay- meaning they would have muted out his statement.

AGEOFFALL
08-20-2010, 11:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykDG9T-WiI

SilverGhost
08-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Getting mentioned on WWE TV is the highlight for TNA.

Epic quote xD