PDA

View Full Version : "Stand Up for WWE" Is it bull or are they on to something?

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 12:50 AM
I was checking out the WWE website and I found the "inaccuracies of media" and I would like to share with you.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/standupforwwe/settingtherecordstraight

cetotheizzo
10-19-2010, 01:02 AM
I was just going to post the same thing. From the looks of it they could be on to something. But it dose make me wonder why there bringing all this up now.

Dameduse823
10-19-2010, 01:03 AM
I don't think that anyone can deny that the media has always liked taking pop shots at the wrestling industry, and whenever anything about the industry comes up into the spotlight every media outlet hops on WWE like a hungry dog. I think its good thing that WWE is finally saying enough is enough and doing something about it

@cetotheizzo - Its all coming out now because of the way Linda McMahon is being attacked because of her getting into the senate race

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 01:11 AM
The first part makes me wonder. Its like they are hiding or ignoring the past. Senate race? Maybe. New direction? Maybe.

cetotheizzo
10-19-2010, 01:15 AM
Yea maybe or I'm thinking it’s to further them selves from TNA, since TNA is going for the harder rating.

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Yea maybe or I'm thinking it’s to further them selves from TNA, since TNA is going for the harder rating.

I doubt its TNA. Vince doesn't care about TNA so he wouldn't do this just because its TNA going against the WWE.

I think the first of the "inaccuracies" is inaccurate.

cetotheizzo
10-19-2010, 01:52 AM
I doubt its TNA. Vince doesn't care about TNA so he wouldn't do this just because its TNA going against the WWE.

I think the first of the "inaccuracies" is inaccurate.

hmmmm good point. How do you think the first inaccuracies is inaccurate?

shanethewolf
10-19-2010, 04:20 AM
"All of WWE’s programming has been TV-PG since June 2008."

Since Linda decided to play politics?

The WWE has only cleaned up it's image and started doing everything it states on that list because the McMahon's want something. You can smell the ulterior motive a mile away.

They have such audacity trying to play the victim here. They are guilty of almost everything they're being accused of on that list. Just because they've not done it for the past 2 years does not make them innocent.

When loyal fans and responsible parents flooded the WWE with complaints about the Katie Vick angle, the McMahons didn't give a damn what anyone thought and carried on pushing the angle. Now they want those same fans to leap to their defense? The nerve of it. I sincerely hope Linda loses her campaign in a humiliating fashion, because all this is so blatantly corrupt and underhanded.

Kashdinero
10-19-2010, 05:12 AM
"All of WWE’s programming has been TV-PG since June 2008."

Since Linda decided to play politics?

The WWE has only cleaned up it's image and started doing everything it states on that list because the McMahon's want something. You can smell the ulterior motive a mile away.

They have such audacity trying to play the victim here. They are guilty of almost everything they're being accused of on that list. Just because they've not done it for the past 2 years does not make them innocent.

When loyal fans and responsible parents flooded the WWE with complaints about the Katie Vick angle, the McMahons didn't give a damn what anyone thought and carried on pushing the angle. Now they want those same fans to leap to their defense? The nerve of it. I sincerely hope Linda loses her campaign in a humiliating fashion, because all this is so blatantly corrupt and underhanded.

Well said.

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 09:43 AM
hmmmm good point. How do you think the first inaccuracies is inaccurate?

Well...shanethewolf said it best.

Look at the first part. "All of WWE's programming has been TV-PG since June 2008." Ok I understand but what about its violent past with sex, drugs and violence?

Xpacfan
10-19-2010, 10:20 AM
It's bull! It's all to fit into Linda McMahon's campaign. The closer she gets to the final elections, the more shinanagans you should expect from the WWE. It's all a response to her opponents pointing out the negativity of her "past" business ventures.

Seriously guys, why is this even debatable? Eugene could see right threw this. For those that don't believe its bs, its because you don't want to believe it is.

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 10:24 AM
I know its bull when the first statement of "inaccuracy" was mentioned and WWE's truth was said. It never made sense.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
10-19-2010, 12:22 PM
WWE hasn't been attacked by media much worst than they are lately. For instance, that whole deal with Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan in 1994, as well as the Chris Benoit incident. IMO, this has nothing to do with the WWE. All Vince is trying to do is rally people in support for Linda McMahon and help her get into the Senate.

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 12:36 PM
WWE hasn't been attacked by media much worst than they are lately. For instance, that whole deal with Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan in 1994, as well as the Chris Benoit incident. IMO, this has nothing to do with the WWE. All Vince is trying to do is rally people in support for Linda McMahon and help her get into the Senate.

I agree. Though I don't like it when WWE isn't acknowledging that what the "slanderers" say is actually true. WWE/F was violent, was sexually orientated, etc...

CobraNightviper
10-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Another thing that made Vince look bad in the media's eyes is he gave a 2 hour tribute to a child murder I understand that he was only looking at it as giving a tribute to a employee but in this day and age he should have checked the facts first wrestling changed forever on that dark day.

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Another thing that made Vince look bad in the media's eyes is he gave a 2 hour tribute to a child murder I understand that he was only looking at it as giving a tribute to a employee but in this day and age he should have checked the facts first wrestling changed forever on that dark day.

Actually WWE didn't know that the investigation ended a double murder suicide. WWE just know at that time that it was just a death. It was later in time that it was ruled a double murder suicide. I think from there WWE quickly removed any traces of Benoit.

Mr Perfect
10-19-2010, 01:07 PM
I was just going to post the same thing. From the looks of it they could be on to something. But it dose make me wonder why there bringing all this up now.

You really don't understand why this is being brought up now? You do realize Linda McMahon is in a Senate Race. And she's been taking some much backlass because of the WWE. So that's why they are do this, to clear the air. Vince is tired of all the shots he's recieving. Trust me if Linda McMahon wasn't running for Senate WWE wouldn't be doing this.. It has nothing to do with TNA.

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 01:14 PM
You really don't understand why this is being brought up now? You do realize Linda McMahon is in a Senate Race. And she's been taking some much backlass because of the WWE. So that's why they are do this, to clear the air. Vince is tired of all the shots he's recieving. Trust me if Linda McMahon wasn't running for Senate WWE wouldn't be doing this.. It has nothing to do with TNA.

The Government vs WWE xD

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. If Linda's opponents only have her questionable skits in WWE as dirt on her, they will lose and lose big time. People want to hear about REAL issues in their lives not about some fictional rasslin program. People are hurting out there in REAL LIFE, they want J O B's. Non rasslin fans don't give a shit about the WWE they have more important things to worry about, like putting food on the f'n table and raising their children properly. Linda and the WWE make jobs for people so they can do just that. Its sad they attack a show and not talk about the real issues, people are not that dumb and can see through the bullsh*t pretty clearly. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 04:52 PM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/WWEs_Stand_Up_Campaign_Causing_Major_Issues_-.php

More on the "Stand up"

Patrick
10-19-2010, 06:36 PM
So what if Vince is supporting his wife and company? What would happen if he didn't? Would us internet fans bash him still? Probably. We would find a flaw and attack it. It's in our nature. Honestly, if your wife was running for senate, wouldn't you support her cause in any way you could? I don't agree with Linda's political views but I mean come on! Besides, if you were to ask Vince if this was directly related to his wife's campaign he would not deny it. He's not trying to hide it from us. He doesn't underestimate our knowledge, nor does he think us too stupid to realize this. So stop acting like he's always doing things wrong and show the guy some respect. You don't have to participate in the Stand Up for WWE thing at all!

Remember, this is the guy that brought us Pro Wrestling. The least we could do is not constantly bash him and make him out to be the bad guy. That was Vincent McMahon who brought this up. Not Mr. McMahon. A business man who obviously cares about his empire that he built and we enjoy. If he didn't fight back against the critics what would be banned from WWE next? Steel Cage matches? Would wrestlers be required to wear helmets?

I just say show some respect and understand not everything in wrestling has an angle to it. Not everything ultimately leads to his wallet getting fatter. But obviously voice your opinion, just for the sake of us all, please make it an educated and well thought out opinion before you say something.

Patrick
10-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Actually WWE didn't know that the investigation ended a double murder suicide. WWE just know at that time that it was just a death. It was later in time that it was ruled a double murder suicide. I think from there WWE quickly removed any traces of Benoit.

Exactly. I remember on the very next night on ECW Vince addressed us stating he didn't know the underlying elements to the double murder-suicide. And that they would no longer acknowledge Benoit. I remember they rang the bell ten times in remembrance of his family and left it at that.

SilverGhost
10-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Linda and her staff doesn't want her husband's support xD

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Linda and her staff doesn't want her husband's support xD

Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Can you blame them for not wanting his support? He is after all the only man in history to have a KISS MY ASS CLUB. Vince is a genius but he should stay as far away from politics as he can. In the pro rasslin business Vince is the King/dictator but in the real world of politics he would be just another a**hole millionaire telling people YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U MAD???

infinite wisdom
I don’t care who you are! Get those reindeers off my roof!

SilverGhost
10-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Can you blame them for not wanting his support? He is after all the only man in history to have a KISS MY ASS CLUB. Vince is a genius but he should stay as far away from politics as he can. In the pro rasslin business Vince is the King/dictator but in the real world of politics he would be just another a**hole millionaire telling people YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U MAD???

infinite wisdom
I don’t care who you are! Get those reindeers off my roof!

I don't actually. Linda's team want to do this the old-fashioned way: slandering the opponent for the Senate Race. Since she does have money, she may get it. But as for being in the office.....I don't know....her inexperience in government may get her. But then again, only smooth talkers get in government now.

As for the topic, I think there is a proper way to see this. Thats Vince protecting his company. I think he wants nothing to do with Linda's support.