PDA

View Full Version : Cena vs. Kane = Hobbes vs. Locke?

Broc
12-27-2011, 04:21 AM
Am I the only one who thought of this? on last nights Kane promo, he mentioned how "people are naturally bad" he even mentioned the word "enlightenment" which is the era of the Hobbes vs. Locke thing, just thought I'd share that thought with you guys

THEKEVINBRAND
12-27-2011, 04:54 AM
Am I the only one who thought of this? on last nights Kane promo, he mentioned how "people are naturally bad" he even mentioned the word "enlightenment" which is the era of the Hobbes vs. Locke thing, just thought I'd share that thought with you guys

Broc out of all people, you'd know where there's a Cena vs. Kane thread

Broc
12-27-2011, 06:01 AM
Broc out of all people, you'd know where there's a Cena vs. Kane thread

This has nothing to do with the actual feud though, if it was, I'm sure there would already be a thread on it, but is there a thread comparing this feud to Hobbes vs. Locke? no didn't think so.

Dr. Death
12-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Kane - aka Thomas Hobbes was a negative conception of the state of nature, as it represents a state of permanent war, a continuing risk to the individual. First, the human being is drawn equal to the next. The body, can dominate all the other regardless of the means used by the vital force or pettiness. Strength and cunning are two essential qualities in the state of nature. Where there is no law that determines the individual, there is no injustice, because each is in its natural right to arrange for his own safety, and no common power is in place to administer the justice. In short, this state of nature is a war, complete anarchy, which can be stopped only by the natural law derived from reason.

Cena - aka John Locke, the state of nature does not necessarily mean a state of war as in Hobbes, but displays a certain skepticism about the natural state because it is full of impartial justice. This is one of equality, because everyone has the same powers as its neighbor, which implies a state of non-subjection. It is also one of perfect freedom, because the individual has of himself without depending on anyone. But this freedom is not absolute, since it is bounded by two precepts of the law of nature, the latter arising from the nature and human reason. This is not to do wrong or to himself or to others. In contrast to Hobbes, the natural laws have their place in the state of nature, because it goes against the freedom of individuals, they are just qualities of human nature. However, they are among the authors, human reason, the result of a thinking being and prudent. This state of conflict is reflected in an action that threatens to destroy an individual are different. It is the violation of freedom of each other which depicts the state of war because the state of nature is characterized by independence shared by all. Not being two similar states, they are unlike two absolute opposites. Finally, the transition to the state is characterized by the pursuit of impartial justice and the disappearance of the state of war.

Necroyeti
12-27-2011, 09:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8

Wrestlinfan608
12-27-2011, 10:20 AM
never compare the great john locke to john cena.... thank you

Shaz11
12-27-2011, 11:37 AM
never compare the great john locke to john cena.... Thank you

^^^ this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Death
12-27-2011, 11:57 AM
never compare the great john locke to john cena.... thank you

Have you ever heard of "metaphorically speaking"? No need to be butt-hurt over it.

Broc
12-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Have you ever heard of "metaphorically speaking"? No need to be butt-hurt over it.

lol, thank you for actually taking this seriously

Wade Barrett 1979
12-27-2011, 05:50 PM
This is quite an interesting topic for a wrestling website! (unless you mean John Locke from Lost and Hobbes from Calvin and Hobbes! :D)

Broc
12-27-2011, 05:53 PM
This is quite an interesting topic for a wrestling website! (unless you mean John Locke from Lost and Hobbes from Calvin and Hobbes! :D)

Well it makes since doesn't it? I mean Kane basically said "people are naturally bad" in fact.... that's exactly what he said lol, but that's exactly the theory that Thomas Hobbes had, but now the question is, do we see Cena saying that people were naturally born with good in them? lol

Giddy
12-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Haha, that match would draw money! Hobbes with Calvin in his corner... XD

Wade Barrett 1979
12-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Well it makes since doesn't it? I mean Kane basically said "people are naturally bad" in fact.... that's exactly what he said lol, but that's exactly the theory that Thomas Hobbes had, but now the question is, do we see Cena saying that people were naturally born with good in them? lol

Bloody 'Creative' can't come up with their own ideas and words! :D

Let's go a bit further and throw out there Machiavelli, Thucydides, Democritus and Epicurus!