PDA

View Full Version : Del Rio "can't hack it"

Wrestlinfan608
12-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Alberto Del Rio, In my opinion, sucks. Sure he can wrestle, but to be a pro wrestler you need to do more than wrestle. You have to have personality, mic skills, ETC. He is so boring to watch, like I said I am very aware he knows how to wrestle, but is he any fun to watch? Hell no. Now his boring feud with punk his hurting punk. Every feud the guy has ever had has been boring.

Look at his mic work when he was in the ring with Miz and Punk at the end of raw a couple weeks ago, he goes " Punk, you are going to lose" and it was all cheesy and awkward.

I say take Del Rio, put him on superstars or send him back to FCW

Soul of Y2Jryder
12-26-2011, 12:19 PM
WWE made a mistake imo to push del rio to soon to the main event. He's good in the ring but not entertaining at all..

Mizfit
12-26-2011, 01:00 PM
i actually like Del Rio, sure his title reigns were poor but thats because he was booked to look like a bitch every week, two title reigns and only one defence not good, if they had made him more credible in his title reigns then I think people would be singing a diffent tune, it just shows WWE cant dedicate themselves to anything, they had been building Del Rio's title reign since Royal rumble, but then Punk became the hot topic, so they jumped ship.

IMO they shouldnt have moved him to Raw he was doing great on smackdown, a proper feud with Christian over the summer for the WHC would have been much better for both guys, Christian wouldnt have been buried by orton, and Del rio wouldnt have become irrelavant only to pop back up and win the WWE title with no momentum behind him.

Sydnister
12-26-2011, 01:08 PM
I couldn't agree more. There is nothing I like about watching ADR. Yes he is a capable wrestler but even his ring work is boring. I spend a lot of time surfing the internet during his matches. He is just not credible at all.

rsf8405
12-26-2011, 01:42 PM
He needs some more Ricardo Rodriguez...And a little cowbell

lewism173
12-26-2011, 01:47 PM
I know what ur talking about It is hurting both Punk and Miz who are two of the best if not the best current wwe mic worker's to be doing promo's with the guy

Cabers
12-26-2011, 01:52 PM
The problem is obviously because he was pushed to the moon way too soon and his character isn't that appealing to some. If WWE would have just waited out with his character instead of trying to give him a mega push he wasn't ready for, then he would improved with his mic skills.

I say get him out of the WWE Title picture and let him start a feud with Zack Ryder so that Zack Ryder can easily have a credible opponent to face under his U.S Title reign.

Agreed with bold. To early to soon with Del Rio. Here's a new guy! next week oh! hes wwe champion ....awesome.

SDR
12-26-2011, 01:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCcOtgNqpHQ

Rilla
12-26-2011, 01:58 PM
The problem is obviously because he was pushed to the moon way too soon and his character isn't that appealing to some. If WWE would have just waited out with his character instead of trying to give him a mega push he wasn't ready for, then he would improved with his mic skills.

I've been trying to tell someone this for the past hour, since he believes Ziggler and Cody should be pushed now instead of connecting with the fans more.

evilgenius780
12-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Del Rio, like most the guys they have, was pushed way too fast. He was given no time to develop his mic skills. Nobody is ready for the main event right away, and more often then not, the guys that get pushed right to the top, soon after find themselves trapped in the mid card, or released.

But Superstars or FCW?..I think he better then that.

S.e.s. Vermillion
12-26-2011, 02:18 PM
IMO they shouldnt have moved him to Raw he was doing great on smackdown, a proper feud with Christian over the summer for the WHC would have been much better for both guys, Christian wouldnt have been buried by orton, and Del rio wouldnt have become irrelavant only to pop back up and win the WWE title with no momentum behind him.

100% agree creative team always f·R$% everything

Sydnister
12-26-2011, 02:29 PM
He needs some more Ricardo Rodriguez...And a little cowbell

You can never have too much cowbell.

ShockMaster
12-26-2011, 02:50 PM
He doesn't have the oomph or it factor guys like miz and ziggler have. All these new superstars are walking in with the handicaps of internet spoilers and the 'done it all' aspects guys like Austin, hhh, rock and hbk left behind. There's no wcw to compete with and all of their jobs are safe as long as they can go.

It's monotonous, its 2011/12 and WWE is constantly struggling with making the next instead of making a whole new.

The Expendable
12-26-2011, 03:08 PM
The man gets the job done, He needs to go back to the mid card for a year or two that would give him the time to get better on the mic and "hurting punk"? I guess now every wrestler has to protect punk's ass

K2Jelly
12-26-2011, 03:13 PM
This has pretty much been my opinion on Del Rio ever since he won the Royal Rumble. It's always destiny this and destiny that. Shut...the...fuck...up.

ewantu2
12-26-2011, 03:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCcOtgNqpHQ

Face turn Then puts his mask on.

Murphdogg4
12-26-2011, 03:31 PM
the problem is his character, he comes off as too cheesy imo, he needs to bring some seriousnes to it and make the gimmick more believable.

Rilla
12-26-2011, 03:32 PM
he can't connect to the fans. He was pushed when no one cared about him and couldn't get them to do it for the most part, no matter what prestigious thing WWE threw at him.

Murphdogg4
12-26-2011, 03:35 PM
the funny thing is a few months ago most the folks on here were complaining that he hadn't gotten a push..

URATOOL
12-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Have him lose all his money (storyline) and reboot him with a new gimmick. Maybe have him find religion. I can see him being a God bothering face for a while. Maybe then have him discover the greed of evangelism and then turn him heel again.

The Expendable
12-26-2011, 03:42 PM
the funny thing is a few months ago most the folks on here were complaining that he hadn't gotten a push..

IWC tradition first they love them and when they're pushed they hate them

Wrestlinfan608
12-26-2011, 03:51 PM
IWC tradition first they love them and when they're pushed they hate them

actually, I have always thought he was boring nothing he's ever done has been exciting in the WWE

K2Jelly
12-26-2011, 03:55 PM
You do know you are apart of this 'IWC', right?

I'm sure he wasn't trying to be condescending.

The Expendable
12-26-2011, 04:00 PM
You do know you are apart of this 'IWC', right?

Yes I know but I don't change my favorite wrestlers so fast

The Expendable
12-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Well I have to accept that you got me there dude

The Expendable
12-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Sorry if I came off a little harsh.

Don't worry bro, we all have different opinions and that is what I love about this place

AlexWorldOrder
12-26-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't he's the problem.. I think creative fucked up any intimidating factor the man had. Then again, they don't even know how to make heels anymore.

Dr. Death
12-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Alberto Del Rio, In my opinion, sucks. Sure he can wrestle, but to be a pro wrestler you need to do more than wrestle. You have to have personality, mic skills, ETC. He is so boring to watch, like I said I am very aware he knows how to wrestle, but is he any fun to watch? Hell no. Now his boring feud with punk his hurting punk. Every feud the guy has ever had has been boring.

Look at his mic work when he was in the ring with Miz and Punk at the end of raw a couple weeks ago, he goes " Punk, you are going to lose" and it was all cheesy and awkward.

I say take Del Rio, put him on superstars or send him back to FCW

I say do the same with The boring rock no johnson. his crap never changes.