PDA

View Full Version : State of the wwe

browne81
12-25-2011, 11:25 AM
I feel like this is a different time so even though the wwe was very popular during hogan, macho mans etc era. That type of wrestling product might not fair as well now as it did then.

I also feel that the wwe will never be as good as the attitude era because their is no competition. I wish tna became a force to be reckoned with. But it just hasn't happened.

So while the wwe can get better it won't get to its absolute best without some legitimate competition.
Punk has turned face this is cena's time. Turn that boy heel give him a stable.
Hell he and big show can be heel together.

Bottom line though is the wwe needs someone to compete with.

Mtt08 xXx
12-25-2011, 11:57 AM
I can tell you've thought about this a lot

Viking
12-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Copyright infringment! Rob will not be pleased

the-rocks-stunner
12-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Copyright infringment! Rob will not be pleased

how his blog is state of the 'e this is state of the wwe ;)

browne81
12-25-2011, 02:16 PM
I can tell you've thought about this a lot

Ooh ok... I see

blink
12-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Way to name your post after a crappy blog

THEKEVINBRAND
12-25-2011, 03:39 PM

crappy blog? it's the best wrestling podcast to ever hit the net! you better believe that

Giddy
12-25-2011, 03:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsClCKVcofM&feature=fvwrel

Cabers
12-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Give ROH time but seriously theres no company close at all.

THEKEVINBRAND
12-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Give ROH time but seriously theres no company close at all.

Right now TNA>WWE by a long run

Mizfit
12-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Right now TNA>WWE by a long run

This, but it just doesnt get the same amount of exposure, and people dont trust it after shall we say a poor year.

Soul of Y2Jryder
12-25-2011, 05:45 PM
It's with every company there is in the world. not only wrestling company's. If you have someone to compete with they will lower the price and give you a better product. And if they are finally with you company. The company have to make sure you will stay with them. So there will be better story-lines and more excitement

MachoManFan
12-25-2011, 07:22 PM
It's with every company there is in the world. not only wrestling company's. If you have someone to compete with they will lower the price and give you a better product. And if they are finally with you company. The company have to make sure you will stay with them. So there will be better story-lines and more excitement

Yeah, at the moment WWE is suffering from "we're number 1 so why try harder." If we all agreed to give TNA ALL our money then they might stand a chance of competing but until then WWE will only worry about profits/ratings and not quality product.

Rated_R(ob)KO
12-25-2011, 07:34 PM
LOL! This is awesome... and so... thought out haha. Seriously though, WWE is the best product right now all considering production costs and all included. The performances are fantastic and everything is good on their end. There's no apocalypse theory for them hell, they're getting their own friggin' network lol.

ROH is the closest competition. TNA is garbage. If TNA changes a few directions, they'll at least be in competition with ROH which will make things better in the long run considering it will inadvertantly make THE 'E's product better and better. :) Damn I love THE 'E!

Rich Cranium
12-25-2011, 08:29 PM
The state of the WWE has fell a few notches as of late imo. Too much repetiveness.

Soul of Y2Jryder
12-25-2011, 10:05 PM
LOL! This is awesome... and so... thought out haha. Seriously though, WWE is the best product right now all considering production costs and all included. The performances are fantastic and everything is good on their end. There's no apocalypse theory for them hell, they're getting their own friggin' network lol.

ROH is the closest competition. TNA is garbage. If TNA changes a few directions, they'll at least be in competition with ROH which will make things better in the long run considering it will inadvertantly make THE 'E's product better and better. :) Damn I love THE 'E!So you are saying that all the things in the WWE are good. You don't belong in the IWC lol. you have nothing to bitch about:')

Kerrastone
12-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Have you not seen enough of Stables? They are driving me crazy. There is one made every month.

Wrestling Realist
12-25-2011, 11:04 PM
stable are what make heels dominate it wrestling 101 been in it for ever best 2 ever would have to 4 horseman and NWO

blink
12-25-2011, 11:19 PM

ROH is the closest competition. TNA is garbage. If TNA changes a few directions, they'll at least be in competition with ROH which will make things better in the long run considering it will inadvertantly make THE 'E's product better and better. :) Damn I love THE 'E!

How is roh the closest competition? They can't be seen on tv all over north America! Even when they were on tv it was hd net! I'm no tna fan but they are clearly the closest competition wwe has. They have big names and sometimes good matches that people (and casual audiences) can see on their television every week.

BIGZrudypoo812
12-26-2011, 12:49 AM
How is roh the closest competition? They can't be seen on tv all over north America! Even when they were on tv it was hd net! I'm no tna fan but they are clearly the closest competition wwe has. They have big names and sometimes good matches that people (and casual audiences) can see on their television every week.

i was gonna say the same thing

VanHooliganX
12-26-2011, 12:59 AM

Whats that saying people say about TNA?

Miss a week, you miss 3 months (Something like that lol)

R(ob) is 100% correct in what he says because TNA make way to many mistakes with there show and barely ever have amazing storylines because they're rushed, something impossible to relate too or damn right boring. ROH, although not as great presentation abilities, has barely any bullshit...Just wrestling (and bloody good wrestling at that.)
R(ob) said if TNA changed a few directions then they would be good competition. Which is correct. TNA have a great roster, just not using it very well.

Also may as well add:
ROH averaged 1 million viewers in November 2011.

Imagine what they would do if Spike TV had them or they had WWEs production abilities. ;)

Wrestling Realist
12-26-2011, 01:55 AM
Whats that saying people say about TNA?

Miss a week, you miss 3 months (Something like that lol)

R(ob) is 100% correct in what he says because TNA make way to many mistakes with there show and barely ever have amazing storylines because they're rushed, something impossible to relate too or damn right boring. ROH, although not as great presentation abilities, has barely any bullshit...Just wrestling (and bloody good wrestling at that.)
R(ob) said if TNA changed a few directions then they would be good competition. Which is correct. TNA have a great roster, just not using it very well.

Also may as well add:
ROH averaged 1 million viewers in November 2011.

Imagine what they would do if Spike TV had them or they had WWEs production abilities. ;)

I Imagined what they would do if Spike TV had them or they had WWEs production abilities and i wonder would they still try to be anti-wwe/tna but have no problem stealing their story line but that cornette for ya but what amazes me at the end of final battle have Roh stealing from both wwe and tna in one sentence

Rated_R(ob)KO
12-26-2011, 01:12 PM
See, my reasoning for saying that ROH is THE 'E's closest competition is simply because yes, they can be seen by more people than TNA the problem is, finding them on a local Sinclair provider.

SPIKE! TV has only about 3-5 million homes in America they can reach. ROH theoretically has close to 8-10 millions homes to watch it in. Sinclair broadcasting is a network for syndication. They sprawl ALL across the USA. SPIKE! is no such network. They're still based in Nashville, TN if memory serves me correctly.

They were originally "The Nashville Network" which provided Country Music videos. Then they became "The National Network". Remember, when THE 'E went to that network they were afraid to because of the lack of range. They were pulling in high 8's on USA and their max on TNN was just about 4.5 or 5.0... they couldn't go any higher. Then when USA re-formatted they went BACK to that network but were never able to capture the audience they had.

Now, when you break it down, ROH was just made a "national" company just a few months ago. They're averaging 1.5 in the ratings and if I'm not mistaken, doesn't TNA only average close to that amount?? So yes, even through the "production quality" is an issue, ROH is LEAGUES ahead of TNA... come on, when TNA announced their Monday night bid, they FAILED! They had just a little bit higher than normal ratings... THE 'E also had the return of Bret Hart. As long as they can match even the smallest thing TNA tries to accomplish, THE 'E will crush them and it has been proven time and time again.

Wrestling Realist
12-26-2011, 01:55 PM
See, my reasoning for saying that ROH is THE 'E's closest competition is simply because yes, they can be seen by more people than TNA the problem is, finding them on a local Sinclair provider.

SPIKE! TV has only about 3-5 million homes in America they can reach. ROH theoretically has close to 8-10 millions homes to watch it in. Sinclair broadcasting is a network for syndication. They sprawl ALL across the USA. SPIKE! is no such network. They're still based in Nashville, TN if memory serves me correctly.

They were originally "The Nashville Network" which provided Country Music videos. Then they became "The National Network". Remember, when THE 'E went to that network they were afraid to because of the lack of range. They were pulling in high 8's on USA and their max on TNN was just about 4.5 or 5.0... they couldn't go any higher. Then when USA re-formatted they went BACK to that network but were never able to capture the audience they had.

Now, when you break it down, ROH was just made a "national" company just a few months ago. They're averaging 1.5 in the ratings and if I'm not mistaken, doesn't TNA only average close to that amount?? So yes, even through the "production quality" is an issue, ROH is LEAGUES ahead of TNA... come on, when TNA announced their Monday night bid, they FAILED! They had just a little bit higher than normal ratings... THE 'E also had the return of Bret Hart. As long as they can match even the smallest thing TNA tries to accomplish, THE 'E will crush them and it has been proven time and time again.

since when is 8 city's national and they only get good rating in two of those markets
WPEC – CBS West Palm Beach, FL
WWMT – CBS Kalamazoo, MI
WRGB and WCWN – CBS and CW Albany, NY
WTVC – ABC Chattanooga, TN
WLAJ – ABC Lansing, MI
KTVL – CBS Medford, OR
KFDM – CBS Beaumont, TX

and wwe dropped down to 5.0-6.0 before spike and they only got 8.0 for a month or two in 1999 around the mick foley's this is your life rock which scored wwe it's all time high at 8.1