PDA

View Full Version : Top 50 pro wrestlers ?

CMRyder
12-24-2011, 05:52 PM
1. Hiroshi Tanahashi
2. Randy Orton
3. Davey Richards
4. Prince Devitt
5. Shingo Takagi
6. Christian
7. Kurt Angle
8. C.M. Punk
9. Kota Ibush
10. Takashi Sugiura
11. KENTA
12. Go Shiozaki
13. PAC
14. Akira Tozawa
15. Hirooki Goto
16. Eddie Edwards
17. BxB Hulk
18. Tetsuya Naito
19. AJ Styles
20. Shinsuke Nakamura
21. Masaaki Mochizuki
22. Bobby Roode
23. Rey Mysterio
24. Kenny Omega
25. Sheamus
26. Antonio Cesaro
27. CIMA
28. Katsuhiko Nakajima
29. Masato Yoshino
30. Chris Hero
31. Dragon Kid
32. Jay Briscoe
33. Ricochet
34. Mark Briscoe
35. Kevin Steen
36. Yuji Nagata
37. James Storm
38. Dolph Ziggler
39. Daniel Bryan
40. El Generico
41. Alberto Del Rio
42. Ryusuke Taguchi
43. Austin Aries
44. Jeff Jarrett
45. Kofi Kingston
46. Bully Ray
47. Christopher Daniels
48. The Miz
49. John Morrison
50. Kenny King

As Booker T would say..."WAT DA HELL?!"

Y2J___Y2J
12-24-2011, 06:15 PM
One thing in Orton's favor is consistency, he's arguably the most consistent guy in the WWE.
Surely Ziggler has to be higher.. The dude never has a bad match

TNA 'The very best'
12-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Where did you get this list??

K2Jelly
12-24-2011, 06:21 PM
The real shocker is the fact that John Cena wasn't on this list.

Broc
12-24-2011, 06:24 PM
so what is the source for this list?

but I agree with Y2J, he is very consistent, when Randy Orton goes into a match, you always know what you're going to get from him

Asherdelampyr
12-24-2011, 06:40 PM
so what is the source for this list?

but I agree with Y2J, he is very consistent, when Randy Orton goes into a match, you always know what you're going to get from him

It's Power Slam's annual list, there is an article on it on the main page.
As I do not know all of the factors that they take into account when making this list, I will not comment upon it except to say that Randy Orton became as popular as he did for a reason, he may have gotten into the WWE because of who his daddy is, but he stayed there and rose through the ranks because of his own ability. the man may be an incredible tool, but he can get it done in the ring

CMRyder
12-24-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm pretty sure this is based on in the ring skills....and if so Orton has no place ranked numer 2. And Ziggler needs to be way higher.

Asherdelampyr
12-24-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty sure this is based on in the ring skills....and if so Orton has no place ranked numer 2. And Ziggler needs to be way higher.

but you don't know for sure? because the PWI list takes achievements and titles into account, as well as mic skill, so I am unsure if Power Slam does something similar or not.

VanHooliganX
12-24-2011, 07:12 PM
1. Hiroshi Tanahashi
2. Randy Orton
3. Davey Richards
4. Prince Devitt
5. Shingo Takagi
6. Christian
7. Kurt Angle
8. C.M. Punk
9. Kota Ibush
10. Takashi Sugiura

Bolded = Wrestlers i've watched a lot of this year and really liked.
I'm liking the top 10. Surprised Ziggler and Kenny Omega aren't majorly high up but in technical speaking terms its about right :)

Inb4 someone complains about Christian being 6th even though I think his longass feud was Orton was 1 of the best overall feuds in wrestling for 2011. Plus he's been great to watch all year whilst Punks mainly had a terrific 2nd half.

AWrestlingGod
12-24-2011, 07:22 PM
I actually agree 110 % about this list if you watch any of Hiroshi Tanahashi matches in IWGP you will agree with him being no.1 as well.. BUT I do fill Dolph Ziggler can be slightly higher on the list

Cabers
12-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Can't argue with that list and for whoever asked about Cena hes not there because it says TOP 50 pro WRESTLERS.

Asherdelampyr
12-24-2011, 07:23 PM
honestly I pegged this for more people getting pissed about Punk's spot as opposed to Ziggler's

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 07:27 PM
To be fair, Tanahashi is being booked like a superhero(same like Cena back then) and pushed to the moon BUT he has earned it. He has never had a bad main event match.

Dubs
12-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Can't argue with that list and for whoever asked about Cena hes not there because it says TOP 50 pro WRESTLERS.
Cena is a wrestler.

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Cena is a wrestler?

He is?!?! I thought he was an entertainer.....

VanHooliganX
12-24-2011, 07:42 PM
He is?!?! I thought he was an entertainer.....

Close. He is a walking breakfast cereal ;D

Murphdogg4
12-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Every list like this is going to create controversy, I have no problem with it, it's all subjective. I think Randy Orton does get underated just like his father did because he is smooth he makes it all look easy.

The Brown One
12-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Orton is a dominant asshole. But hes always been putting on watchable matches this year. I'd say hes had more good matches than just about anyone on the roster, even if they're not spectacular 5 star ones.

Tommy Thunder
12-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Should Orton be on this list? Yes.
Should he be #2? No.

Ziggler certainly should be much higher, and Daniel Bryan also should be higher.

Krow132
12-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah, this list is strictly based on in-ring skills. Of course not everyone agrees it. Ziggler really should be higher on the list.

Asherdelampyr
12-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Yeah, this list is strictly based on in-ring skills. Of course not everyone agrees it. Ziggler really should be higher on the list.
where does it say that? I have yet to find anywhere where it breaks down exactly what factors go into making the list.

Bodom
12-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Is it already that time of year where we bitch about our favorites not being higher on some schmucks pointless list?

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Is it already that time of year where we bitch about our favorites not being higher on some schmucks pointless list?

Its ok Bodom.....Miz tried....lol

K2Jelly
12-24-2011, 09:03 PM

Wow. You let SilverGhost surpass you. How disappointing.

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 09:05 PM

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1310514055618.png

Bodom
12-24-2011, 09:10 PM

I'd post more, but I'm too busy working. Higher priority

VanHooliganX
12-24-2011, 09:12 PM
I'd post more, but I'm too busy working. Higher priority

Thems fighting words. (Later fighting words but fighting words for the future lol)

CM Rock-Austin
12-24-2011, 09:57 PM

Yea since he was on it on last years list, Im guessing they got smarter lol

The Brown One
12-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Its ok Bodom.....Miz tried....lol

That was in like July.

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Wins must be a major factor in this list, as I have found out Orton (by about 5-10 victories), has won more matches at TV/ PPV events than anyone else on the roster.

I think he deserves it. I'm not his biggest fan, but I cannot remember him having a shocker of a match. Even by jobbing to Henry made it watchable in my eyes. Good feuds with Punk, Christian and Henry.

VanHooliganX
12-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Wins must be a major factor in this list, as I have found out Orton (by about 5-10 victories), has won more matches at TV/ PPV events than anyone else on the roster.

I think he deserves it. I'm not his biggest fan, but I cannot remember him having a shocker of a match. Even by jobbing to Henry made it watchable in my eyes. Good feuds with Punk, Christian and Henry.

Punk has more wins than Christian though.

Christian lost most of the Orton feud matches, Sheamus matches and misc ones whilst champion. Although it could be 1 of the factors they use.

Daffy Duck's Finest
12-24-2011, 11:51 PM
Punk has more wins than Christian though.

Christian lost most of the Orton feud matches, Sheamus matches and misc ones whilst champion. Although it could be 1 of the factors they use.

Maybe win/loss ratio? Christian really only lost a couple of matches in the summer, whilst Punk had that huge PPV losing streak until June (?). And didn't Christian do quite well at the start of the year with his buddy Edge? I guess noone really knows.

VanHooliganX
12-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Maybe win/loss ratio? Christian really only lost a couple of matches in the summer, whilst Punk had that huge PPV losing streak until June (?). And didn't Christian do quite well at the start of the year with his buddy Edge? I guess noone really knows.

Aye maybe W/L.

Christian has an up and down sort of year.
Came back elimination Chamber, eventually won the WHC when Edge retired, Suddenly; Orton! Then heel him and follow heel him with losing a stupid amount of matches :(

CMRyder
12-25-2011, 01:34 AM

The issue is Orton should be on the list year, but in the 40's. Seriously. Not 2. I think his matches with Christian and Rhodes really helped him out.

machoo mann
12-25-2011, 01:39 AM
I also don't agree with Orton being so high in the list but when push comes to shove he truly has had many many quality matches in 2011. Orton is one of the better in-ring technicians along Bryan, Zigs, Punk and Regal.

SilverGhost
12-25-2011, 01:49 AM
I also don't agree with Orton being so high in the list but when push comes to shove he truly has had many many quality matches in 2011. Orton is one of the better in-ring technicians along Bryan, Zigs, Punk and Regal.

A headlock or chinlock for 5-6 mins long doesn't really count as "techy" but that is just me.

machoo mann
12-25-2011, 04:10 AM
A headlock or chinlock for 5-6 mins long doesn't really count as "techy" but that is just me.

Not a "hardcore" fan and I only watch WWE and TNA, occasionally FCW. So I'm not so familiar with ROH or NJPW and I believe that the true in-ring skill lies there but we also can't blind ourselves from the fact that Orton has produced solidly good matches with his opponents all the time. He has had very good wrestlers as his opponents but in my opinion it always takes two people for a good match. Sure he is the mainface of the company along Cena, things has gotten a little stale and his moveset is a bit limited but I have always found myself enjoying Ortons matches but in the end its a matter of opinion I guess.

SilverGhost
12-25-2011, 04:17 AM
Not a "hardcore" fan and I only watch WWE and TNA, occasionally FCW. So I'm not so familiar with ROH or NJPW and I believe that the true in-ring skill lies there but we also can't blind ourselves from the fact that Orton has produced solidly good matches with his opponents all the time. He has had very good wrestlers as his opponents but in my opinion it always takes two people for a good match. Sure he is the mainface of the company along Cena, things has gotten a little stale and his moveset is a bit limited but I have always found myself enjoying Ortons matches but in the end its a matter of opinion I guess.

No doubt that he can tell a story in the ring. I just don't wanna give too much credit to Orton since he bitches a lot. Ziggler, Bryan, Cody, Ryder, Barrett, and Punk wrestle better matches than Orton, its just Orton is up there (taking from the Briscoes, love the team) by default because well....WWE like him.

The Brown One
12-25-2011, 04:17 AM

I find it hard to believe that Orton was in just about every main event match on Raw during his feud with Cena.. and lost MOST of them a few years ago. This year hes BARELY lost any matches. But he does make many of them look believable.

SilverGhost
12-25-2011, 04:24 AM
I find it hard to believe that Orton was in just about every main event match on Raw during his feud with Cena.. and lost MOST of them a few years ago. This year hes BARELY lost any matches. But he does make many of them look believable.

Posterboy powers! lol

Shaz11
12-25-2011, 06:11 AM
Ziggler aint on the top 10? Hiroshi is a legend!

Soul of Y2Jryder
12-25-2011, 06:56 AM
I really hoped nobody was going to make a thread about this because we're never going to agree about who should be higher or lower on the list. Everybody has an opinion

Jags
12-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Probably the people making this list had their arguments to place that person on that spot. I think there is also a difference in how long that person got noticed.

Dolph Ziggler is at #39, many say he should be higher on that list. But Dolph Ziggler really started shining only a few months ago. He was still a good performer before that, but he really upped his game and got noticed in the recent months.

HCollins-TNA1
12-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Think it based on the year they had.....
One Orton was pretty successful through most of 2011 esp from January to July.... with wins over CM Punk, Christian, Cody Rhodes and others... since then he had have losses to Mark Henry, Wade Barrett...
To me it kinda bias maybe Kayfabe???

Bob Bowman
12-25-2011, 09:48 PM
AJ Styles should be higher than number 19, Bryan and Ziggler should be higher on the list.

wrestlingfan66513
12-25-2011, 09:56 PM

It's not a WWE list

IrkenInvader
12-25-2011, 11:40 PM
he is very consistent, when Randy Orton goes into a match, you always know what you're going to get from him

Same story with Cena.You always know how the match will go.
Gets ass kicked. Shoulder Block, Shoulder Block, Spin Out Powerbomb, 5 Knuckle Shuffle, AA, STF.

HCollins-TNA1
12-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Bolded = Wrestlers i've watched a lot of this year and really liked.
I'm liking the top 10. Surprised Ziggler and Kenny Omega aren't majorly high up but in technical speaking terms its about right :)

Inb4 someone complains about Christian being 6th even though I think his longass feud was Orton was 1 of the best overall feuds in wrestling for 2011. Plus he's been great to watch all year whilst Punks mainly had a terrific 2nd half.

Orton was in 3 or 5 great feuds this year I will admit.... the CM Punk feud, which he bested Punk... the Christian feud, which he bested Christian, the Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, and the Wade Barrett...

HCollins-TNA1
12-27-2011, 02:41 PM
I think they quit looking at the accomplishments the stars made after September.... Several guys would be higher, several would be lower in the list..

Necroyeti
12-27-2011, 03:17 PM
1. Hiroshi Tanahashi - He's good, but he's no #1. He's like the Cena of Japan - he can be relied on to put on a great, solid match with ANYONE, but he's still not the guy one would consider "greatest".
2. Randy Orton - Has no business being top ten, or the top of WWE.
3. Davey Richards - Probably should be in the top 10, yeah.
4. Prince Devitt - Agreed.
5. Shingo Takagi - He is good, but I would say CIMA, Mochizuki, Tozawa and PAC had a better 2011.
6. Christian - I would put him between 11-20.
7. Kurt Angle - I love Angle, but he had a pretty medicore 2011.
8. C.M. Punk - Yup.
9. Kota Ibushi - He would be in my top five if he didn't go and get himself injured. Future superstar.
10. Takashi Sugiura - Oui.
11. KENTA - Solid as always.
12. Go Shiozaki - NOAH are building themselves a star in Go.
13. PAC - Aye, this guy just keeps improving steadily. Hope to see him get a Dream Gate title shot in 2012.
14. Akira Tozawa - The dude is literally in my fave five. BREAKOUT STAR OF THE YEAR. Everything he does is awesomeness.
15. Hirooki Goto - Solid, haven't seen tons of his stuff from this year, but he was one of my faves from the G1 Climax.
16. Eddie Edwards - Yeah, EEEE really won me over this year. I think he even surpassed Richards, in my mind.
17. BxB Hulk - Shit, I'm a MASSIVE DG mark to a fault, and I wouldn't put Hulk in the top 50 ANYTHING.
18. Tetsuya Naito - Should be higher, he's a legit breakout star from this year. He's like the new Muta.
19. AJ Styles - No argument here.
20. Shinsuke Nakamura - Now this is a guy from New Japan I'd consider greater than Tanahashi. Kinda has an interesting character going too.
21. Masaaki Mochizuki - Another guy I'd put in my fave five, having an incredible hot streak of amazing matches since holding the Dream Gate title.
22. Bobby Roode - Yeah.
23. Rey Mysterio - I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but he did have a great year while he was there. It looks like he (or the bookers) are making a conscious effort to (use him to) put guys over, which was my biggest beef with him in the past.
24. Kenny Omega - Honestly haven't watched a ton of his stuff this year. Props for carrying an eight year old girl to something watchable.
25. Sheamus - Shit, I'd put him higher than this. Consistently solid all year round.
26. Antonio Cesaro - Yup. Tearing shit up with Hero and having a good PWG title run.
27. CIMA - Would place him slightly higher I think, mostly only seen him in tag matches and six-mans this year though.
28. Katsuhiko Nakajima - YES.
29. Masato Yoshino - The speed on this dude still impresses me.
30. Chris Hero - Aye.
31. Dragon Kid - Aye.
32. Jay Briscoe - ABSOLUTELY, placed higher even. The Briscoes have been reinvigorated this year, and his match against Roddy from Jan is one of my favourite ROH title defenses of the year.
33. Ricochet - Yeah, it's actually quite incredible how much this guy has improved in the past few years. His series of matches against PAC? Tres magnifique.
34. Mark Briscoe. Y
35. Kevin Steen. The MVP of PWG this year, and the MVP of ROH despite never wrestling for them. I'd say 35 is apropos simply because I haven't seen him as much as I would have liked. (Unless I start watching Canadian indys) I LOVE U STEEEEEEEEEN
36. Yuji Nagata - Meh, not top 50 IMO, I don't think any of his stuff I've seen this year has been that incredible.
37. James Storm - Not really sure why he's 15 spots behind Roode, I'd say they're about neck and neck workrate wise.
38. Dolph Ziggler - Would be top ten if I made a list, top five even.
39. Daniel Bryan - I'd say this is about apropos, since he's been put on the backburner so to speak. He IS the reason I watch Smackdown, though.
40. El Generico - Sounds about right. I think Ring of Honor has really goofed with booking this guy since FB2010, but he can always be counted on to produce something good. His match against The 1-2-3 Kid in CHIKARA is an unlikely MOTYC too!
41. Alberto Del Rio - With all the aborted pushes and booked to look like a chickenshit of the highest order, He's probably the most mishandled talent of the year, going from looking like a future megastar to a boring heat vortex. Even his in-ring ability began looking less fresh by the year's end. But he was on top of the game from January to about May(ish) though.
42. Ryusuke Taguchi - Solid junior heavyweight.
43. Austin Aries - He's had a pretty good year, yeah.
44. Jeff Jarrett - Has no business being on here.
45. Kofi Kingston - Has no business being on here.
46. Bully Ray - Should be higher just for being one of the best heels going around today.
47. Christopher Daniels - I guess so. Daniels is a great wrestler, but I've never been all that interested in him for some reason I can't put my finger on.
48. The Miz - Should be higher for being an effective heel, but I can see why he's not. (Lawler feud, secondary to Rock at WM, shifted back down the midcard soon afterwards)
49. John Morrison - Sad but true.
50. Kenny King - Good choice for fifty, he and Titus have really came into their own this year.

Notable omissions IMO:
Cody Rhodes
Wade Barrett
Eddie Kingston
Sami Callihan
YAMATO
Mark Henry

SilverGhost
12-27-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm with Necro and a few others that a few talents should be higher(especially Nakamura *yes I mark out for the man but he is awesome*)