PDA

View Full Version : Batista says Daniel Bryan should not be champ..

Murphdogg4
12-24-2011, 06:35 AM
On his twitter. Bryan fans freaked out and some were actually giving Dave Threats. People freaked out over his takes on Cena a few days ago. Agree of disagree at least the guy is actually being real and sharing his REAL takes on things. The way he's been attacked for it explains why people always give fake bland answers to things. By the way I disagree with him, I think Daniel Bryan deserves to be champ, but I'm glad at least one guy has the balls to actually state how he feels about things.

Zilvis
12-24-2011, 06:51 AM
On his twitter. Bryan fans freaked out and some were actually giving Dave Threats. People freaked out over his takes on Cena a few days ago. Agree of disagree at least the guy is actually being real and sharing his REAL takes on things. The way he's been attacked for it explains why people always give fake bland answers to things. By the way I disagree with him, I think Daniel Bryan deserves to be champ, but I'm glad at least one guy has the balls to actually state how he feels about things.

The reason I don't like Batista saying ANYTHING about wrestling, is the fact he left to COMPLETELY get away from it, or at least that's what he said. I don't mind that any former pro wrestler comments and has opinions, it's just, I hate when they say they want nothing to do with the business, and then start talking crap about wrestling.

Murphdogg4
12-24-2011, 06:57 AM
zilvis, plus his takes are usually the the exact opposite over what most of us net fans think. Like he thinks like a promoter who have always wanted to push big power guys over small guys who can wrestle. Traditionally they have been right, bigger guys did draw more money but I think that's changed over the last decade or so and he's stuck in the past.

hystrix
12-24-2011, 07:05 AM
zilvis, plus his takes are usually the the exact opposite over what most of us net fans think. Like he thinks like a promoter who have always wanted to push big power guys over small guys who can wrestle. Traditionally they have been right, bigger guys did draw more money but I think that's changed over the last decade or so and he's stuck in the past.

QFT.

Batista's opinion on the matter is about as relevent as Micheal Coles commentary. Neither mean much of anything.

AlexWorldOrder
12-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Does the WHC belt even matter? Vince doesn't give a shit for it; If anything, Daniel Bryan should be WWE champion, now THAT would give the belt some sort of athletic prestige.

Shaz11
12-24-2011, 11:09 AM
D-Bry should hold the belt for 5-6 months after that Barrett or Sheamus go for it!

Cabers
12-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Yea batista is completely stuck in the past. He feels if you don't weigh 250+ pounds you shouldn't be a main eventer.

LMPunker
12-24-2011, 12:21 PM
shock and awe batista has an opinion like the 7 billion other people on this planet do i agree with it hell no but if thats what he thinks then thats what he thinks

Wade Barrett 1979
12-24-2011, 12:43 PM
shock and awe batista has an opinion like the 7 billion other people on this planet do i agree with it hell no but if thats what he thinks then thats what he thinks

Yup, we're not interested in listenings to others thoughts on Batista's opinions! I think it would be best all round if we closed this site down! Then no one would have sit here reading this drivel, I've just typed!:rolleyes:

Automatic
12-24-2011, 12:46 PM
And Batista is right. For now.
By the way, you all jump to the conclusion that it must be Bryan's stature, because he is big and Bryan is short, so that must mean he only thinks big guys should be able to wrestle for the gold.
That's really short-sighted.

Rassling_Fan
12-24-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't really trust Batista's words. He said that in one of his last matches he was supposed to squash DB but wanted to wrestle him. The problem with that statement is that the match in question was a Beat the Clock challenge, which Cena was supposed to win. It was also during the time that they're pushing DB for a future star.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
12-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Even Jim Ross agrees that the mentality of big men only being world champions is outdated. Batista needs to get with the times. It is 2011. Not 1984.

capn-edu
12-24-2011, 01:35 PM
dude batista can't wrestle
all he does is carry people around and toss em'

CM Rock-Austin
12-24-2011, 03:22 PM
The reason I don't like Batista saying ANYTHING about wrestling, is the fact he left to COMPLETELY get away from it, or at least that's what he said. I don't mind that any former pro wrestler comments and has opinions, it's just, I hate when they say they want nothing to do with the business, and then start talking crap about wrestling.

Qft!! That's a hypocrite right there

Asherdelampyr
12-24-2011, 03:25 PM
It's Batista, when is the last time he has actually said anything of import?

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Its a good thing that times changed. Ever since Mysterio won the WHC, I knew that the mentality of big men being world champs would diminish.

VanHooliganX
12-24-2011, 03:32 PM
It's Batista, when is the last time he has actually said anything of import?

Never.

His opinion is completely pointless. (and wrong most of the time)

BlazersDozen
12-24-2011, 03:35 PM
I agree with Batista. Of course Bryan Danielson has done a lot in his career but Daniel Bryan hasn't done anything. Nobody really put him over recently since winning MITB and I'm not sure because I wasn't paying attention to WWE at the time but maybe won a fued with The Miz. Other than that, what has he done? The only thing that built him to be a champion was a briefcase that everyone thought he was going to lose because he barely won any matches.

You can't assume the casual WWE fan, not wrestling fan, but WWE fan to know what RoH until CM Punk shouted it out during his worked shoot and even then you need to assume that fans only looked up Punk, Cabana and present day RoH.

So what has DBs character done in this company to deserve a World Title & hold it for MONTHS like people think he should?

On SD he was struggling to put away Dolph Ziggler, a guy that other World Champs work!

Soul of Y2Jryder
12-24-2011, 03:36 PM
If Michael Cole says d-b shouldn't be champ, he's right. But I don't take Batista seriously anymore

SilverGhost
12-24-2011, 03:42 PM
If Michael Cole says d-b shouldn't be champ, he's right. But I don't take Batista seriously anymore

LolColeandBitchtista

Asherdelampyr
12-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Never.

His opinion is completely pointless. (and wrong most of the time)

to be fair, he probably does know which divas are the easiest, so there is that.

Murphdogg4
12-24-2011, 04:07 PM
He does have a point though, D has been booked to be a jobber and he wins the belt out of nowhere, it's like having Barry Horowits having won the belt back in the day, hopefully they will make up and book him strong now.

Asherdelampyr
12-24-2011, 04:15 PM
He does have a point though, D has been booked to be a jobber and he wins the belt out of nowhere, it's like having Barry Horowits having won the belt back in the day, hopefully they will make up and book him strong now.

hopefully
it's like a variation of the old KOTR curse, where whoever wins MITB recently has been booked to suck afterwards.

The Brown One
12-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Didn't we just have the exact same thread last week? Pay attention to the forums, Murphdogg4.
This isn't about Bryan. This is about the mindset of those like Batista. He thinks that only big guys should get pushed, because they can draw and small guys can't. If that were true, we wouldn't have seen smaller talent like Benoit, Mysterio, The Hardys, and Punk become champions. Besides that, I think Batista is jealous that a small guy like Bryan took his spot as a champion.

Does the WHC belt even matter? Vince doesn't give a shit for it; If anything, Daniel Bryan should be WWE champion, now THAT would give the belt some sort of athletic prestige.

The WWE championship has barely any prestige left. I'd say the WHC has had a better year. It has had consistently good matches on PPVs and isn't passed around as often as the WWE title. Besides that, people like whoever the champion is, unlike the WWE title - where everyone just wants the belt on Punk.

Murphdogg4
12-24-2011, 04:23 PM
no offense brotha but some of us are not on here as much as other so if it's on page 3 or something we are going to miss it, we don't do it to piss you guys off.

The Brown One
12-24-2011, 04:28 PM
no offense brotha but some of us are not on here as much as other so if it's on page 3 or something we are going to miss it, we don't do it to piss you guys off.

Fair enough mate.

Murphdogg4
12-24-2011, 04:41 PM
After spending more time on here the last week I see why you guys get grumpy every time there is a anti cena or pg thread because you see a million of them a week..

CMRyder
12-24-2011, 04:54 PM
I agree with Batista. Of course Bryan Danielson has done a lot in his career but Daniel Bryan hasn't done anything. Nobody really put him over recently since winning MITB and I'm not sure because I wasn't paying attention to WWE at the time but maybe won a fued with The Miz. Other than that, what has he done? The only thing that built him to be a champion was a briefcase that everyone thought he was going to lose because he barely won any matches.

You can't assume the casual WWE fan, not wrestling fan, but WWE fan to know what RoH until CM Punk shouted it out during his worked shoot and even then you need to assume that fans only looked up Punk, Cabana and present day RoH.

So what has DBs character done in this company to deserve a World Title & hold it for MONTHS like people think he should?

On SD he was struggling to put away Dolph Ziggler, a guy that other World Champs work!

Its not D-Bry's fault they booked him poorly. He deserves this more than anyone else on the roster, easily. AndBesides fuck casual fans. Lol. Oh and Ziggler is legit. They always book him strong against main eventers, he even picks up a win here and there against them. Ziggler and Bryan are 2 future stars.

PSOjedi
12-24-2011, 05:24 PM
qft.

Batista's opinion on the matter is about as relevent as micheal coles commentary. Neither mean much of anything.
this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Brown One
12-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Its not D-Bry's fault they booked him poorly. He deserves this more than anyone else on the roster, easily. AndBesides fuck casual fans. Lol. Oh and Ziggler is legit. They always book him strong against main eventers, he even picks up a win here and there against them. Ziggler and Bryan are 2 future stars.

Agreed about Ziggler. I want them to do the same with Bryan, and have him continue to beat main eventers. They did a good thing when they had Bryan go over ADR on Raw this week.

After spending more time on here the last week I see why you guys get grumpy every time there is a anti cena or pg thread because you see a million of them a week..

Now you're learning :P
Merry Christmas.

CobraNightviper
12-24-2011, 11:52 PM
I just hope now he's the w.h.c that they wil make him look strong and not another keep the title til the next ppv(or defence which eve comes first)and lose it to Mark Henry or Big Show.

zapphoman
12-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Agreed about Ziggler. I want them to do the same with Bryan, and have him continue to beat main eventers. They did a good thing when they had Bryan go over ADR on Raw this week.

QFT

When Daniel Bryan made ADR tap out, I marked out viciously. This is an obvious sign that they are going to make him look stronger.

evilgenius780
12-25-2011, 04:29 AM

Hit the nail on the head there, I have no problem with Bryan, but with the way he has been booked, it is hard to see him as a believable champ right now.

Rassling_Fan
12-25-2011, 11:50 AM

He won the US Title and held it for 176 days. Defeated the Miz and Morrison in a triple threat match and defended it against Ted Dibiase. Defeated Edge, Sheamus, Swagger, Regal and Ziggler in three excellent matches in that reign.

Juvenile Junkie
12-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Its not like Batista makes the list of Top 20 WH champions....... He hardly had any iconic title matches,maybe 1 or 2,and was hardly involved in any iconic WHC feuds....

Juvenile Junkie
12-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Hit the nail on the head there, I have no problem with Bryan, but with the way he has been booked, it is hard to see him as a believable champ right now.

Apart from Edge,largely due to him being the first guy to do it,the cashing in MITB thing is not giving wrestlers especially first time champions creditability,compared to a guy won wins a title shot in a Royal Rumble or 'grueling' elimination match and wins the title in a solid main event match.

Murphdogg4
12-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Batista while not over with hardcore iwc fans was over big time with casual fans, we have to admit there are still some fans that only find guys like Dave believable as champs.